SHADOWS! eddie munson

Af thesulkingp0et

IN WHICH¡ eddie munson falls for his rival enya mckenna when they become runaways from the murder of chrissy... Mere

cast¡
prologue¡
one¡
two¡
three¡
four¡
five¡
six¡

seven¡

80 3 0
Af thesulkingp0et

" THEY'RE HERE!" ENYA squealed at the angelic sound of a car pulling up outside. the delirium from having no food or drinks coursing through her mind was driving her to one conclusion- Dustin Henderson and his delivery was a godsend.

Sprawled, messy and uncoordinated, Eddie munson practically dived up from his extremely uncomfortable sitting position from being cramped up in a rickety wooden boat where he procrastinated aimlessly in any way possible.

A blinding yellow ray of light flashed through the gaps in the boarding of the house to signal to the pair of the cars arrival.

excitement took over so much that Enya almost forgot that they were in fact criminal suspects on the run and the starvation in her wanted to just throw herself into the company of Dustin and his friends, however that last remaining peice of rationality in her brain took over and caused her to calmly peek out at the car that had arrived.

its funny, Dustin never mentioned he owned such a fancy, rich SUV, Enya thought to herself oh well, why would he possibly tell her that anyway?

"i think dustins pulled up with the supplies?" enya yelled back to eddie who's face broke out with an undeniably cheesy grin.

"go knock on then it's a van he's probably waiting inside" eddie began, until the echo of a painfully irritating voice pierced his eardrums, causing his head to whip around faster than the speed of light.

only then did enya voice her concerns, not bothering to look out of the window

"since when did dustin have a fancy SUV-"

yet it was too late. they'd been found.

at first, eddie munson was surprisingly calm. by this point, the boy had been in so many recently near death experiences that running from just one dickhead of a basketball player didn't even seem like too much of a task. until it dawned on him that that dickhead of a basketball player was out to seek vengeance for his girlfriends apparent 'murder'. and the dickhead brought friends.

"enya we need to go. now. i- fuck fuck fuck where's dustin this can't be happening fuck."

any sense of calm and clarity in the situation was long gone as eddie sprang up, wafting his arms around and pacing circles hurriedly in attempt to figure out how the fuck they could possibly escape from the boathouse they were imprisoned in. wait. the boathouse!

"enya quick get in the boat!!!"

she stuttered in disbelief at the utter stupidity he suggested. "what? that's your big plan, we're gonna row away? fuck me munson you really are more stupid than you look"

"just do it!" eddie yelled in a much louder tone than necessary before apologising quickly and profusely.

"jesus, okay keep your hair on" she rolled her eyes playfully back.

with jason and his team of weirdly terrifying, armed basketball players the pair sprinted into the rotting boat that they had previously called a bed.

copying eddie's lead, enya clutched onto the damp oar for dear life and began trying (and miserably failing) to row along side eddie.

"you don't know how to use an oar?" eddie was practically screaming at this point in fear of jason now attempting to boot the door down.

"what do i look like to you, a fucking fisherman??" enya screeched back in an equally terrified tone.

"come on i can hear you! you're gonna pay for what you did freak" jason had clearly succeeded in capturing the boy and shouted to him in the most disgusted, venomous tone, every word that left his lips dripping with poison. that was until he stopped dead in his tracks, caught completely off guard by the frantically shaking blonde girl next to him who helped paddling along to break the boat free from its chains of the boat house.

"what the fuck- enya? what? what are you-" any element of surprise that once struck him was swept over with the darkest most villainous expression she had ever seen in her life. "i'm gonna kill you both for this. for chrissy"

"FASTER!"

"I'M TRYING EDDIE"

finally, after what seemed like decades, the boat finally swept off and at lightning pace began crossing the decrepit gloom of the darkened lover's lake.

. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .

IT WAS NOT long after the high stakes boat chase began that enya's arms ached with exhaustion that she quickly realised that she was not cut out for this.

luckily for her, eddie munson was also in agreement as his bruised and battered, black and blue arms (thanks to steve harrington's sharp jabs of the boat oars on that very first day they found the pair) started throbbing so hard with every paddle that he knew they couldn't carry on anymore.

a very tired, out of breath eddie slowly began to turn around as their boat came to a stop in the middle of lovers lake, which caused him to realise they were no longer being followed.

"what the fu-"

however, as his mumbles of confusion began to leave his mouth, eddie's ears were stricken with the familiar hellish echo of the crunching of bones, causing a huge shiver to flood down his spine in a nauseating rush of anxiety.

in complete and utter unison, eddie and enya both slowly raised their heads, staring up at the monsterous sight of jason carver's best friends body hauntingly rising up into the darkened sky above the lake.

enya froze. there was nothing she could possibly do to run away, just paralysed with the fear and gravity of the situation.

eddie on the other hand, had only one thing running through his mind- protect enya at all costs. he knew the best thing he could do in this situation was comfort her, despite being completely scared shitless himself.

budging closer to where she sat on the opposite side of the boat, eddie immideately flung his hand on top of enya's, squeezing tightly to reassure her she's okay and whispering gently into her ear in a comforting manner.

all of a sudden, the large impact of the supernatural scene above them as the boys bones one by one started snapping in such a horrific manner became too much that the water shot out and tipped the boat over which launched both eddie and enya head first into the ice cold lake of water.

drenched and drowning, enya mckenna shot up out into the air, the water stinging her eyes and making everything into a harsh blur- impossible to see. the water acted as a wake up call to the twrrified young girl, kickstarting her into survival mode in which she grabbed the now very drenched eddie and furiously pushed their way to the closest shore surrounding the lake before she could even have the chance to check where jason was.

wherever he was, there was no way he would still blame them for chrissys murder, right?

. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .

after what felt like ages, eddie and enya painfully made it to the shore and in a quick rush of adrenaline, frantically ran to a nearby woodland area, cuddled closely together under a large oak tree in hopes of some kind of shelter. it was now that they realised just how cold they had become from staying in their soaking wet clothes out in the chilly open air, in fact, enya was entirely convinced they would definitely contract some kind of hypothermia being out like this as they clinged on to each other for dear life, heads buried into each other as they tried to process what the fuck they just witnessed again.

"well," eddie began to break the silence, with a muffled whisper in enya's ear. "i say we have a good few hours before either jason carver or the police find us here. if the hypothermia doesn't get us first of course." eddie started laughing a kind of sad laugh to himself as a sort of attempt to ease the tension, but witnessing two freaky looking deaths in the space of a week was not something anyone could take lightly. " and we have nowhere to go anymore. so i just want to say, enya, i'm glad it was you i've been stuck with. because well it's horrific and shit circumstances to be stuck under but you've made it that bit better and i'm so grateful for that"

at that enya's heart ached. she truly had been enjoying spending so much time with him too, despite the tragedies they had endured together she was so grateful to have him by. she really had grown to love him, maybe a bit too much.

she grabbed his face, pulling him on closer and staring into his eyes with a warmth and meaningfulness that only he could bring out in her. "i'm scared eddie, really scared. i don't know what's gonna happen to us tomorrow but im forever grateful to have you by my side for it. no matter what happens tommorrow, promise me you will still always be by my side for it?"

he ran his hands through her hair, edging so close that his forehead touched hers and in the most sincere and loving tone whispered,

"ill never leave you enya"

AUTHOR'S NOTE!

it's been a while fucking hell bit i'm back now!!!
been very distracted recently and lacked motivation but it's come back all of a sudden so hope you enjoy bc i'm finally gonna pick this back up and carry on with it!! love you all
-evangeline <3

Fortsæt med at læse

You'll Also Like

7.2K 338 32
you can let it go you can throw a party full of everyone you know and not invite your family 'cause they never showed you love you don't have to be s...
11.8K 222 36
our souls will forever be cursed. eddie munson x fem!oc stranger...
146K 4.1K 20
❝𝐓𝐇𝐈𝐒 𝐖𝐀𝐒 𝐍𝐎𝐓 𝐀 𝐏𝐀𝐑𝐓 𝐎𝐅 𝐎𝐔𝐑 𝐃𝐄𝐀𝐋, 𝐌𝐔𝐍𝐒𝐎𝐍.❞ ╳╳╳╳ ʬʬ𝗐𝖾𝗅𝖼𝗈𝗆𝖾 𝗍𝗈... ᜰ 𝑻𝑾𝑶 𝑾𝑶𝑹𝑳𝑫𝑺 ᜰ ↳𝖻𝖾𝗂𝗇𝗀 𝖼𝗅𝖺𝗌𝗌...
471 3 24
It's 1986, Hannah and her dad just moved to Hawkins all the way from Boston. Unsure about Hawkins' acceptance of subculture, she finds herself in fro...