ABIENCE || tokyo rev.

By crownedhades

โ ๐“ซ๐“ป๐“ฎ๐“ช๐“ฝ๐“ฑ๐“ฎ ๐“ช๐“ท๐“ญ ๐”‚๐“ธ๐“พ'๐“ต๐“ต ๐“ซ๐“ฎ ๐“ฏ๐“ฒ๐“ท๐“ฎ. โž || ๐™„๐™‰ ๐™’๐™ƒ๐™„๐˜พ๐™ƒ, you, the reader, wake up in the bod... More

[ โœฏ ONE โœฏ ]
[ โœฏ TWO โœฏ ]
[ โœฏ THREE โœฏ ]
[ โœฏ FOUR โœฏ ]
[ โœฏ FIVE โœฏ ]
[ โœฏ SIX โœฏ ]
[ โœฏ SEVEN โœฏ ]
[ โœฏ EIGHT โœฏ ]
[ โ˜พ YOUR DECISION โ˜ฝ ]
[ โœฏ NINE โœฏ ]
[ โœฏ TEN โœฏ ]
[ โœฏ ELEVEN โœฏ ]
[ โœฏ TWELVE โœฏ ]
[ โœฏ THIRTEEN โœฏ ]
[ โ˜พ YOUR DECISION โ˜ฝ ]
[ โœฏ FOURTEEN โœฏ ]
[ โœฏ FIFTEEN โœฏ ]
[ โœฏ SIXTEEN โœฏ ]
[ โœฏ SEVENTEEN โœฏ ]
[ โœฏ EIGHTEEN โœฏ ]
[ โœฏ TWENTY โœฏ ]
[ โœฏ TWENTY-ONE โœฏ ]
editing notice
[ โœฏ TWENTY-TWO โœฏ ]
REWRITE.
<3

[ โœฏ NINETEEN โœฏ ]

481 32 51
By crownedhades

DISCLAIMER! This chapter contains domestic assault! Read at your own risk.

It was the following day, and Y/N still intentionally avoided taking his medications. Nothing happened the previous day that could signify that he needed it, because all of the suffocating feelings that he felt happened even when he was on said medications. Thus, Kazutora walked to school after eating breakfast with his mom, pretending to take them even though he didn't. Y/N just wanted to know what would happen, you know? Like an experiment, sort of.

But before he could make it to school or even walk to a block close to it, a familiar figure stepped in his way, stopping him from continuing. Kazutora narrowed his eyes at the newly arrived male, lips parting to speak. "What do you want, Shuji? Don't you know that I have school to go to?"

"A delinquent being punctual enough to attend school on time, daily at that?" Hanma Shuji lightly mocked, his tattooed hands stuffed into his Valhalla jacket pockets. "What a new world we live in."

"Unlike most other delinquents, I actually care about my education, thank you very much," Kazutora replied. Of course there were others like Mitsuya Takashi that cared, but there were so few delinquents that gave a damn that it was hard to point out any in specific. Unless you were Hanma Shuji, of course, who knew both Kazutora and Tetta— both students that were academically smart in their own fields.

Shuji didn't care much about his own, anyway. He might as well be considered to be a dropout with how things are going in his life. "Don't care. Anyway, I noticed that you didn't come to the Valhalla meeting again. Why is that?"

Kazutora paused for a moment before answering, "Had stuff to do."

"Like crying your ass off on a curb in the middle of the night?" Shuji tested, revealing that he had seen Kazutora break down the night before the last.

"You were... there?" Kazutora mumbled in thought, surprised that Shuji had seen him. Not that they should be, anyway, considering the fact that the last time Kazutora didn't show up, Shuji had broken into his house just to look for him.

"Yup," Shuji unapologetically confirmed, popping the 'p,' "I would have said something to you, but, uh... for one, I'm not great at comforting people— actually, I am the last person you should go to for that kind of thing, and two, you looked like you needed some time to yourself. So I didn't say anything and just left." At least Shuji was a little considerate, even if he was highly inexperienced in the emotional field.

"Yeah, I.." Kazutora solemnly averted his gaze, "really needed some time alone. A lot has been going on, so..."

Usually, Shuji would act like he wouldn't care, more so than he already is— hell, he wouldn't even be here checking in on him if it were anyone else that was upset, but— well. This was Kazutora, someone that Shuji had quickly become fond of. If he wanted a real bond, for Kazutora to finally trust him so Shuji wouldn't think that he constantly doubted him, then being there and subtly checking in on him was the first step to reaching that goal, right? Right.

"I understand, sometimes I need some alone time to clear up my own thoughts, too." Shuji wasn't lying, but he was still being intentionally vague. He's spent hours alone processing the way he felt for people, specifically for Kazutora and Tetta. He knew that he felt a strong sense of loyalty for Tetta, as he was someone that truly spruced up his life, but that adoration and respect were only conditional. As long as Kisaki Tetta gave him a life of fun, that's all that mattered to Shuji. But as for Kazutora? Now that was a different story.

"You do?" Kazutora hummed, Y/N wondering what he meant by that. Shuji simply didn't seem like the type of person to do that or to think heavily about certain things, but Y/N supposed that they were both human, so it was only natural that they were to eventually reflect on things from time to time.

"Mhm," Shuji replied before deciding to move onto a different, less emotional topic, "anyway, I'm here for a reason, 'ya know."

"Oh, yeah. I was going to ask you why you suddenly showed up, but uh..." Y/N had been distracted by Shuji's comment, still having a hard time wrapping their head around the fact that Shuji had witnessed them in such a vulnerable position.

"I'm taking you to Roppongi." Shuji clarified, taking Kazutora's only free hand before dragging him along, heading straight for a different direction that did not lead towards the Hanemiya boy's school.

"Hey, wait!" Kazutora yelped, feeling his feet being pulled along, "I can't skip school!"

"Why not? Oh, don't tell me that you're a goody two shoes, hm? ♡" Shuji teased, chuckling as he felt Kazutora attempt to pull away from him. "You wanted to go, so I'm taking you."

"Boy, this is literally kidnapping!" Kazutora complained, "I can't have the school call my mom!"

"Don't care, didn't ask.~ ♡ You're spending time with me today, alright?" Shuji said in a sultry tone, keeping a tight grip on his hand, although not tight enough to actually hurt him. He just wanted to spend some time with his friend, you see.

"Oh my god, Shuji, if I get killed by my mom I'm haunting you in the afterlife!" Kazutora scowled before catching up with him, now willingly following him from behind. But Shuji still would not let go of his hand.

Has Y/N ever expressed just how uneasy they were about physical contact? They tolerated it, sure, but they weren't exactly the biggest fan of it or anything. Their space was their space, and their personal space being constantly invaded by others wasn't exactly the best thing in the world. Still, Y/N did like hugs— only from certain people, however.

"I'd be happy if you haunted me," Shuji grinned, "then I'd have more reasons to keep pestering you." Shuji interlocked their fingers, holding his hand even though Kazutora's own hand was loose from the contact.

Kazutora rolled his golden-brown eyes, scoffing, "Of course you would. Fuckin' leach."

"Is it normal for you to nickname people like that?" Shuji mused, speaking his thoughts out loud. Y/N still hasn't stopped calling Shuji a leach and or a stalker, so it was only natural that Shuji would wonder about it eventually.

"Yeah. I call Seishu 'charmer' and Kokonoi 'snake,' then I call some dude named Hanagaki a nuisance and anyone else, uh, depends." Y/N was intentionally leaving out the fact that they also called Seishu loads of other nicknames, such as 'prince charming,' 'knight in shining armor,' etcetera.

"That's the first you've mentioned them since your trip to the hospital. Who's Hanagaki, anyway?" Shuji asked.

It wouldn't hurt to tell him, right? "Hanagaki Takemichi. He's the boyfriend of some friend of mine, and I always hate it whenever he's around. Therefore, a nuisance."

"A girl?" Shuji spoke out loud, an indescribable feeling panging in his chest, "Do you like her or something?"

"What? No! Of course not. Hinata is just a friend, almost like a sister to me." Kazutora refuted, scrunching up his expression in a weirded-out way.

Shuji didn't know why he sighed out in relief, feeling slightly lighter than a mere few seconds ago.

Kazutora raised an eyebrow, "Why do you ask? Like me or something?" He joked, not being serious at all, and his tone clearly expressed that.

Shuji rolled his eyes, keeping up his grin, "Nah, wouldn't like a pipsqueak like you. Besides, I'm not gay."

"Hm, alright," Kazutora hummed, "anyway, what exactly do we plan to do once we get to Roppongi?"

"Dunno," Shuji shrugged, still holding his hand, "whatever you wanna do, I guess." He honestly just wanted to serve as a good distractor for Kazutora, still feeling a bit concerned for his mental well-being. He wasn't good at expressing such worries, however, so simply spending time with him and making him feel entertained was all that he could do.

"What about checking out what kinds of places they have to hang out at once we're there? Like arcades, movie theaters, skate parks, and marketplaces." Y/N briefly listed, "Maybe even a library.. although I don't think you'd be interested in that."

"Yeah, fuck no to going to a library," Shuji laughed, "but we can find one for you to go to later." Shuji had no interest in such quiet places, especially considering that he was an adrenaline junkie. But he didn't mind going on a search for one, if Kazutora was with him.

"Haha, alright, alright," Kazutora laughed, amused by Shuji's reluctance to go to a library. Y/N decided not to go looking for one, since they knew that Shuji wouldn't be interested in it.

The walk there was filled with laughter, the two cracking jokes with each other as they talked. Walking side-by-side with Hanma Shuji, even if Y/N remained skeptical of his genuinity, felt amazing. Soon enough, they arrived at their destination: Roppongi. They walked around the city district together, looking for various buildings to go into and explore. Just like Y/N had listed, they visited an arcade to play some games together. Originally Y/N just wanted to look at the game selection, but Shuji insisted on paying for them to actually play some games, for which Y/N profusely thanked him.

"What games do you want to play?" Shuji asked, looking around the arcade, "Maybe a shooter?"

"You're the one paying, so we can play whatever you want," Kazutora said in response, walking up to a shooting game that Shuji had briefly stared at.

"I'm paying to hang out with you, dumbass. Don't make me decide everything we play." Shuji retorted, walking alongside him. "We can play this."

"Ah, well, if you say so. I'll pick the next game after this, then." Kazutora gave a smile, enjoying Shuji's company.

The two then proceeded to play some games together, starting with a few shooter games before soon moving on to other genres. They only stayed for about two and a half hours, but if Y/N was being completely honest with themself, they were having a blast. They couldn't understand why Shuji was so adamant about spending time with them, but they nevertheless greatly appreciated it, because playing these games and bickering back and forth about who won or lost was blissful. It made Y/N want to open up to him, to finally let him in and trust him, but that small bit of paranoia that remained in the back of their mind held them back from doing so.

Eventually, they moved on to the marketplace, looking around the various shops to explore. During their trip, Y/N couldn't help but recall the confrontation between them and Seishu, reminiscing the fact that Seishu still wanted to be friends with Kazutora. It was insane, wasn't it, considering the fact that Kazutora was the root cause of so much of Seishu's desperation to rebuild the first generation's legacy in the Black Dragons; in terms of Shinichiro's death.

However, despite them feeling happy that Seishu gave Kazutora another chance, Y/N tried to keep their attention on the person that was with them right now; Hanma Shuji, who was, at the moment, trying to persuade Kazutora into swiping a few items from the store. Y/N, of course, being the moral compass between the two, denied such opportunities, instead choosing to drag Shuji out of the store by the ear— as much as he could, anyway, taking into account that Shuji was canonically 6'4 whilst Kazutora was only a measly 5'9.

"Do you have to be a walking lawbreaker everywhere you go?" Kazutora questioned; the two boys were now outside of a store that Shuji nearly stole from if it wasn't for Y/N's interference.

"Breaking laws is my middle name," Shuji cheekily answered, earning an exaggerated scoff from the other male.

"Yeah, yeah, quit being so cheeky and let's look at the next store." Kazutora gruffed, leading the way, which happened to be a candy shop. "Aren't you a fan of sweets?" Kazutora asked, looking at the array of candies.

Shuji hummed, "Eh, I mostly eat sweet things whenever I'm trying to ignore my nicotine addiction." Ah. His smoking problem.

"Fair, fair," Kazutora hummed, "whenever I get more money, maybe I'll get you some more candies."

"Spoiling me, now?" Shuji chaffed, an amused smile stretching across his lips.

Kazutora rolled his golden-brown hues, shaking his head 'no,' "You paid for our trip to the arcade. Getting you a few snacks every once in a while is only fair."

"Whatever you say♡!~" Shuji lightly teased in a sing-song voice, before breaking out into chuckles at the sharp, light-hearted glare that was sent his way. Kazutora was not amused.

The busy streets flooded their ears as they walked out of the candy store, and yet they could still understand each other, standing to the side as multitudes of people walked past them.

"Anyways," Kazutora breathed, keeping his cool, "know any gyms you could recommend to me?"

"Oh? Why the sudden ask? Wouldn't you know a couple of places since you're a boxer?" Shuji questioned back, hands stuffed into his pockets once more. No longer were they holding hands, as that had stopped sometime after they entered the arcade.

Kazutora shrugged, "I did know a place, but it shut down some time ago," a lie, but Shuji seemed to believe it, "so I'm kinda unsure where to go now. I wanna learn kickboxing to extend onto my usual boxing style, since there's a lot of strong fighters that like to use their legs as a weapon." Mikey and Izana, for one, but Y/N didn't need to mention them.

"Hmm, well, I've never been taught professionally how to fight, so I don't actually know." Nor was he a beefy dude despite being so strong, so he sure as hell didn't lift weights, either. "I can help you look for one, though."

Y/N resisted the urge to raise a brow at Shuji's words, "If you want to, sure, but maybe not today. I'd want to find a gym somewhere in Shibuya so we don't have to walk so damn much." Why was Shuji so willing to help him out with everything? It was weird. Either way, they weren't in a rush in finding a gym that could help them out in learning kickboxing, mainly because they didn't really need it until after Valhalla.

"We?" Shuji repeated.

"Mathew, remember?" Y/N reminded him. Once Y/N teaches Mathew the basics of boxing, it would be a great help to actually have the proper equipment to practice with.

Shuji's mouth shaped an 'o' as he spoke, "Oh yeah." The kid that Kazutora had agreed to teach how to fight. He had told them that before when he was 'visiting' the Hanemiya's residence.

What's important right now is that Y/N now knows where Roppongi is located, meaning that they will now be able to go on a hunt for the Haitani brothers. Y/N wasn't sure if looking for them was the best idea ever, but finding them early on before they encountered Mikey at all was, in a way, important if they wanted to be secure. Security was a priority, because who knows, someone might want to kill Kazutora one of these days if Y/N isn't careful.

"Hey, Mr.Moral Compass," Shuji called out, snapping Y/N out of their thoughts, "anything else you want to do before we have to go?" He was looking down at his phone, seemingly messaging someone. "I don't have much time left. The 'boss' needs me for something."

They've been out here for hours, so Y/N didn't mind. Although they were curious about what Kisaki Tetta could be wanting from him at this hour. "Nothing comes to mind, unless you wanna walk me home and explain to my mother why you kidnapped me?" He joked, slightly serious but at the same time wasn't.

"Eugh, angry women." Shuji stuck his tongue out, "I'll walk you home, sure, but no way in hell am I going to be seen by her."

"Mm, alright. Come by again sometime at night, I'll have my window unlocked for you." Kazutora asked, although it sounded more like a statement than anything.

"Oh? Now you're willingly letting me come over?" Shuji mused, "What's the occasion?"

"So you can sneak me out of the house, duh." No, Y/N actually just wanted to spend some more time with him. Walking around in Roppongi today was a great distraction from the whirlpool of emotions that have been going on. "I'm goin' to Valhalla tonight, but I have a feeling that my mom might get in the way of that since I've skipped school."

"You've mentioned your mom way too many times. Were you raised to be perfect or somethin'?" Shuji questioned, reading between the lines as much as he could.

Kazturoa shrugged, "Guess you could say something like that." He then continued, "What about your parents? Or parent." Now it was Y/N turn to ask him, curious to know about Shuji's family life. That side of Hanma Shuji's character in the manga was completely left out, although they could probably presume that it wasn't the happiest.

"'Ma's a whore and dad doesn't give a shit. Ran away years ago." Shuji answered.

"Oh.." Kazutora paused, "I'm sorry to hear it."

"Don't worry about it. I don't care about them, anyway." Shuji huffed, the two boys walking side-by-side on the sidewalk as they headed back to Shibuya. "What about your dad? You haven't mentioned him to me yet."

"He was abusive and an alcoholic, so my mom divorced him and forced me to pick sides." That's all Y/N knew, so that's all that they could answer with.

"Ah. Guess we both have shitty dads," Shuji snickered, trying not to take the conversation too seriously, "you're the first to ever ask me something like that, though. So don't run your yap about it to others."

"Huh? What do you take me for? I'm not gonna tell anybody about your lack of parents. Besides..." Kazutora breathed, "you're the first person I've told in a long time about mine, too. So we're in the same boat." Did Kazutora ever talk about his family with others? Y/N didn't know, but that didn't matter right now. This was Y/N's life now, and they were going to say what they wanted to.

Shuji fell silent for a few minutes, unsure of how to respond to that. Kazutora basically just admitted that he opened up to Shuji about something that he hasn't for others, and that alone made Shuji's thoughts stumble back and forth. He felt happy about this accomplishment, although he wasn't sure why. Maybe it was because Hanma Shuji finally felt valued by someone; finally felt appreciated for the things that he would do for the ones he took interest in. It was so different from how Kisaki Tetta would treat him.. and if he was being honest with himself? He loved it.

Shuji looked over at the shorter male from the corner of his eye, this time hesitant about what he wanted to do. Taking out his tattooed hands from his jacket pockets, Shuji intertwined his fingers with Kazutora's once more, saying nothing as he did so. Kazutora initially tensed upon the physical contact, but quickly calmed down after realizing that it was just Shuji. This time, Y/N returned the comforting effort, holding Shuji's hand instead of loosely being grasped.

This was progress, Shuji would think. Progress to making a real bond.

--------------------------------------

"I have one hour before I have to go to work for you to explain why the hell I got a phone call from the school, saying that you were absent!" Kazutora's mother yelled, staring down at the younger male who only walked inside the building a mere seven minutes ago.

"There was a substitute teacher and I guess they counted me absent?" Kazutora attempted to make an excuse, however his mother wasn't buying it.

"So you're saying that every single one of your classes had a substitute teacher, and that they supposedly released you all early? School ends in only a couple of hours, Kazutora! And yet you're standing right before me, early and not at school!"

His mother was stressed out, her words slurring with each syllable. She was drunk, but was aware enough to talk.

"Kazutora, you said that you would change." The woman emphasized. "What did you skip school for?"

"I was tired of being stuck at home all evening after school, and I was frustrated with my teachers and didn't want to deal with them today... sorry, mom." Y/N apologized, lying through Kazutora's teeth with ease. Every day, Y/N lied and lied and lied. Only time will tell when karma bites them in the ass for it.

"So you just thought that skipping school was a smart decision? Really!?" His mother shrieked, her voice raising higher and higher in volume with every syllable that she vocalized.

"I get it, it was a dumb decision— but it's the truth! I get so fucking stressed nearly every day, so I needed a break!" Y/N argued back, frustrated that they had to deal with this. They didn't want to blame Shuij for anything, so they kept their mouth shut about him. The idea of Kazutora's mother discovering who her son hangs out with is the last thing Y/N wanted her to find out about.

"Augh! That's not a valid excuse, dammit! Are you trying to be an even more of a disappointment to this family?" Said his mother, referencing Kazutora's prior rebellious phase and time spent in juvie. The time before Y/N's existence in his body.

"A disappointment!?" Now it was Y/N's turn to raise their voice, matching her level of intensity. "Is that really what you think of me?" First, it was her almost calling him a murderer, and now a disappointment? Two times was the last straw, having barely any patience for a woman that Y/N was hardly attached to.

Sure, Y/N wanted to get close to Kazutora's mother out of respect, but they weren't Kazutora, now were they? They were not obligated to keep up ties that they didn't want.

"Kazutora—!" His mother yelled, only to be cut off by her own 'son,' "I bet you work in the evenings because you don't actually want to be around me, do you?" Y/N quickly accused, "You aren't even around long enough. I only see you in the mornings right before school and when you come home after work, and neither of them lasts for long! What am I supposed to do, mom? Do you know just how hurt I am knowing that you don't even give a shit about me?"

"But we talk on the weekends—"

"Does that even matter, mom? Sure, we've played board games together, but does that really mean anything? What were you to have done if I never even tried to change for the better, huh? You would have avoided me like the fucking plague, and don't act like you wouldn't." Y/N breathed before continuing, "You want a perfect child and you will only acknowledge me as your son when I am that perfect child. Otherwise? I'm nothing more than a murderer and a disappointment to you."

It was so painfully true. The Hanemiya woman had originally avoided talking to him when he came back to juvie because that was what she was afraid of; afraid that he was no different from the kid before he was locked behind bars. But once she saw that he was putting in an effort to improve, only then did she start involving himself in his life. Because she only wanted a good, obedient child that listened to her when she asked him to do something. And if she could slowly mold him into being that perfect child, even with the few violent mess-ups that she forced herself to shove under the rug, she would take it.

Maybe she would have succeeded if Kazutora was anyone else but Y/N. But this was now L/N Y/N living inside his body, and Y/N felt nothing for the woman that they barely knew. That they barely even saw in the manga, because she herself was painted as toxic during the reveal of Kazutora's background. His mother was simply another person for Y/N to manipulate, to bend to their will so that they could turn the tables onto her, even if Y/N was oh so avidly at fault.

It was nothing more than small little things that Y/N had picked up on with Kazutora's mother, and they were planning on using it to have a say over her. To make her feel guilty, so that they were the one not in trouble.

"I—" His mother voiced, although she had nothing to say. "That's not true, and you know that, right?" She wanted oh so desperately to defend herself, but Y/N was already a step ahead of the game. "You're just accusing me of things without any evidence..."

"But I do have evidence, mom." His voice lowered to a softer tone, "Please don't lie to me,I know how you feel."

"But, but.." She shook her head, "I love you, son. Why would I ever think of you as such?"

Kazutora's eyes narrowed, "You said it yourself, that I was a disappointment."

"But a murderer?"

"I remember you almost saying that to me once when you questioned me about my injuries. Don't act like it never happened." Kazutora sighed, turning to leave, "I'm tired mom, I've had a long week. Good luck with work."

And she said nothing in response, far too stumped to accumulate any words. Guilt pooled into her stomach as she lowered her head in shame, feeling regret course through her. Until she didn't; that guilt was quickly replaced with rage, her skin flushing with anger as she grabbed her son from behind, pulling at his collar and knocking him down onto the floor.

Kazutora let out a yelping gasp as he landed on his damaged arm, golden-brown eyes wide at the realization of what she had just done. This was something that Y/N had not predicted.

The following moments went by as a blur, with his mother kicking his torso and face. The patches that Seishu had so delicately tended to were now reopened, the bandages being messed up from the force of her foot. Why was it the upper body that was always targeted? The knees would have been better, but Y/N supposed that they should be grateful for not losing his ability to walk.

"I should disown you!" The woman shouted, along with multitudes of curses and insults. "I regret giving birth to a bitch like you! Treating me like everything is my fault, when it's not!"

Using his only available arm, Kazutora grabbed his mother's leg before forcefully shoving her off of him, making her trip onto her side due to the sudden lack of balance. Shakily, Kazutora pushed himself away from her, doing his best to create some distance as Y/N forced himself to stand up.

"You're one insane lady," Y/N shakily breathed, "hitting your own child?"

"I'll show you insane!" Cried his mother, lifting herself up to stand before raising her hand. A loud slap could be heard, and Kazutora's right cheek sparked in pain.

Did this woman really just slap me? Y/N fumed in their headspace, bringing up Kazutora's hand to comfort the red mark that she left behind. It hurt like a bitch, but Y/N made sure to hide their obvious discomfort.

"You're a lot more like dad than I expected. What are you going to do next, huh? Crack open a bottle of beer and hit me lopsided with it?" Y/N further tested, watching as her face contorted with rage.

The two blood-related Hanemiya's continued to argue and bicker, sometimes even getting physical from time to time. Y/N did their best to defend himself from harm, but due to her aggressions, it was honestly starting to become difficult. Y/N didn't hit her, not even once, choosing to avoid participating in her domestic violence. But that didn't mean that they stopped using their words. No, they were intentionally provoking her, sending accusation after accusation at Kazutora's mother. Y/N verbally degraded her, insulting who she is as a person and gaslighting her about her continuous mistakes as a parent. All up until the older Hanemiya did exactly what Y/N said she was going to do. Grabbing a hold of one of the various glass alcohol bottles that she had laying around, she threateningly pointed it at her own son.

...Would a woman truly love her son, if she acted this way?

--------------------------------------

His mother was an hour late for work, and Kazutora was now sitting on the ground with blood dripping from his head. He was alone inside of the house, as his mother had left for work some odd minutes ago after angrily storming out of the house. She had hit him with a glass bottle filled with liquid, and it broke when making impact on his head. So now there was the disgusting stench of alcohol emitting from his clothes and hair, as he was completely drenched in it. He felt so utterly gross, the alcohol burning at his scalp and open injuries; the cold liquid dripping down onto the floor as he continued to sit in silence.

Suddenly, he erupted into a fit of laughter, only for a few stray tears to escape the corners of his eyes. Why the hell did I do that? Y/N questioned themself, not knowing why they provoked Kazutora's mother so much. Trembling, Y/N pushed Kazutora's body to stand up, wobbling themself over to the nearest house phone that was settled down near the television stand. Dialing the appropriate number, Kazutora called Japan's emergency number.

"119, you are calling Tokyo's emergency number, how may I help you?" The speaker on the other side of the phone inquired, voice feminine and professional.

Kazutora was sitting lopsided, struggling to keep his eyes open, "I need help. My mom hit me with a glass bottle after kicking me down, and my head won't stop bleeding..."

"Where is your mother right now?" The woman asked, keeping her composure despite the clear indication of domestic assault.

"She's at work right now. Left a few minutes ago." He answered, sounding hesitant and unsure. "I feel really tired right now, so sorry if I blank out."

"Alright, you may have a concussion, so I want you to focus on staying awake. Can you tell me what your address is?"

Y/N gave her the Hanemiya's address before mumbling out a plea, "Please don't blame my mom... she's just been stressed." Y/N didn't want Kazutora's mother to get in trouble. They didn't even know what came over them when they had degraded her. But then again, the things she said and had done were nowhere near forgivable. They just didn't want to destroy Kazutora's relationship with his mom more than the damage already committed.

"I can make no promises, dear. The ambulance is on its way. Stay on the phone with me so I can make sure that you are awake." It is widely believed that if someone falls asleep while having a concussion, they might slip into a coma or worse, die. But that only depended on the severity of the brain injury. Being hit with a glass bottle full of alcohol so hard that it breaks upon impact sure does need a lot of strength and determination, that's for sure. Therefore Kazutora's concussion was quite concerning.

Kazutora let out a dramatic sigh, feeling exasperated, "Fine, fine. Thanks for helping, ma'am."

"It's just my job to help serve the people, but thank you. Now, I'm going to be asking you a few easy questions to keep you focused."

"Alright."

"What's your favorite color?"

And so on. Just simple things about their likes and dislikes, along with the weather that they were having today. Nothing too personal, as everything was surface level and not anything deep. Eventually, Kazutora could hear the sound of sirens, signaling that the ambulance had arrived.

"Thank you for staying on the phone with me, Mr.Hanemiya," yes, she did eventually ask for his name, "I'll be hanging up now. Please unlock the door for the paramedics."

Kazutora nodded even though the woman on the other end couldn't see it, hanging up and forcing himself into a standing position. Walking over to the front entrance, he unlocked the door and opened it, awkwardly stepping out of the house and onto the front porch.

The ambulance was parked in front of the house with paramedics hurrying towards him.

What was Y/N supposed to do?

The only two people that Y/N could think of right now were Hanma Shuji and Inui Seishu. Two people that Y/N wanted to be with them right now, but knew that wasn't possible.

What was Seishu doing right now? Was he okay? And what was Y/N supposed to say to Shuji, knowing that they wouldn't be able to go home tonight?

-------------------------------------

A/N: spending time with shuji is a nice little apology of mine for hitting you guys with so much angst. <3

so, what do you think is going to happen? i think mc jinxed it with karma, tbh.

yes, i do have an end goal with this— as cliche as bad family dynamics are.

and mc isn't going to like it. <3

if you want a hint: purple. think purple.

here is a brief summary of kazu/mc's relationship with kazu's mom:

when i had first introduced her character, i had described her as someone that avoided kazu and refused to acknowledge his existence.

then, i slowly made it where mc was trying to mend their relationship, which kazu's mom took notice of.

kazu's mom tried to return the effort initially, which is why she was friendly in the previous chapters, but her own irrational judgments got the best of her in her drunken state when scolding her child. her boss at work probably isn't going to appreciate her lateness nor lack of being sober.

also, i know this abrupt change might be confusing, but everything has its reasons— and, honestly, i'm having a hard time shoving in all of my ideas even though i have a general timeline in my head.

no, i did not forget our prince charming, seishu <3

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

133K 4.6K 37
โ•ฐโ”ˆโžค โ ๐—œ๐—ป ๐˜„๐—ต๐—ถ๐—ฐ๐—ต (๐—ฌ/๐—ป) (๐—Ÿ/๐—ป) ๐˜„๐—ฎ๐—ธ๐—ฒ๐˜€ ๐˜‚๐—ฝ ๐—ถ๐—ป ๐—ต๐—ฒ๐—ฟ ๐—ณ๐—ฎ๐˜ƒ๐—ผ๐˜‚๐—ฟ๐—ถ๐˜๐—ฒ ๐—บ๐—ฎ๐—ป๐—ด๐—ฎ ๐—ฎ๐˜€ ๐˜๐—ต๐—ฒ ๐—ฝ๐—ฟ๐—ผ๐˜๐—ฎ๐—ด๐—ผ๐—ป๐—ถ๐˜€๐˜, ๐—›๐—ฎ๐—ป๐—ฎ๐—ด๐—ฎ๐—ธ๐—ถ...
391K 18.9K 53
Haitani Rindo. One half of the infamous Haitani brothers. The despicable siblings that rule over Roppongi. The- "Who?" He blinked. He looked up in di...
81.8K 4K 84
Tokyo Revengers ร— Female Reader [AU] You wake up in an unfamiliar place. Your room looks different, your face looks different, and your friends are d...
79.3K 2.4K 36
โ™กโ€ฟ๏ธตโ€ฟ๏ธตโ€ฟ๏ธตโ€ฟ๏ธตโ€ฟเญจโ™กเญงโ€ฟ๏ธตโ€ฟ๏ธตโ€ฟ๏ธตโ€ฟโ™ก โ˜…๐˜›๐˜ฐ๐˜ฌ๐˜บ๐˜ฐ ๐˜™๐˜ฆ๐˜ท๐˜ฆ๐˜ฏ๐˜จ๐˜ฆ๐˜ณ๐˜ด ๐˜Ÿ ๐˜Š๐˜ฉ๐˜ช๐˜ญ๐˜ฅ ๐˜ณ๐˜ฆ๐˜ข๐˜ฅ๐˜ฆ๐˜ณโ˜… ใƒŸโ˜… ๐‘Œ/๐‘ ๐ฟ/๐‘ ๐‘Ž ๐‘›๐‘œ๐‘Ÿ๐‘š๐‘Ž๐‘™ 12 ๐‘ฆ๐‘’๐‘Ž๐‘Ÿ๐‘œ๐‘™๐‘‘ ๐‘Ž๐‘ก ๐‘ ๐‘’๐‘ฃ๐‘’๐‘›๐‘กโ„Ž...