The Sea Beast

By thelittleblackghost

Jacob Holland x Female Reader Based on the movie Sea Beast (Y/n) = Your Name (H/l) = Hair Length (H/c) = Hai... More

Chapter 1: Introduction
Chapter 2: The Inevitable
Chapter 3: Brickleback
Chapter 4: A New Captain
Chapter 5: Meeting Maisie
Chapter 6: The Contest
Chapter 8: The Red Bluster
Chapter 9: An Unknown Island
Chapter 10: The Not Argument
Chapter 11: Red vs. Crab
Chapter 12: Hitching a Ride
Chapter 13: Gwen Batterbie
Chapter 14: Rum Pepper Island
Chapter 15: Returning Home
Chapter 16: Final Battle

Chapter 7: Stow Away

7.4K 302 71
By thelittleblackghost

——————————🌊——————————

The Inevitable stood tall and proud as it sailed through the sea, preparing to kill the Red Bluster.

...

Captain Crow, Jacob, Sarah, and (Y/n) stood around Crow's desk in the Captain quarters making a plan.

"When we reach the Dregmorr, we'll follow the trenches." Crow said.

"We stay battle ready, clear decks, sharpened flints, and fresh cartridges." Sarah added.

"The Bluster's hide will be plenty thick..." Jacob noted.

"So...long spears then?" (Y/n) suggested.

"Aye, love." Jacob agreed.

"Them archers won't do any good, but we've got plenty of carcass shot." Sarah told them.

"We'll hit it with fire, then go for a sleigh ride. That's the way for something like this." Crow said.

"We're ready Captain. We'll take that red demon." Jacob promised.

...

"For we are hunters!" Crow yelled to the crew.

Crow was standing on a higher level of the ship where the wheel was, while the crew stood below him, listening to his speech.

"And we will bring all of our skill and all of our rage down upon this beast, and there will be justice!" He bellowed.

The crowed cheered and clapped at this.

"But that will not be the end of this great ship. For no one has sailed beyond the Dregmorr Sea. No one knows what dangers lurk in that terrible unknown. But it will be this ship, under Jacob Holland, that will pierce the darkness!" Crow took his spear and pointed it at Jacob.

The crew cheered and patted him on the back in congratulations, and (Y/n) came up and hugged him, and he hugged her back.

"So let's drink to a successful hunt, with many more to come." Crow declared.

The crew lifted Jacob onto their shoulders while more crew members rolled over some barrels of ale. Three crew members hammered in a tap into the barrels, but on the third one, a soft 'Ow' was heard.

Everyone stopped celebrating and turned to the barrel.

"What was that?" (Y/n) asked.

Jacob was placed back on the ground, and walked over to the barrel, tilting it upright, and lifting it up, to reveal Maisie in a crouched position, giving him a sheepish smile. (Y/n) gasped in surprise, as did the rest of the crew.

"You stowed away?" Jacob asked in disbelief.

"I...stowed away." She replied sheepishly.

Jacob ran his hand down his face. "You stowed away." He whispered.

Maisie stood up. "I...yeah..."

"Well we're dropping you off at the nearest port. We're going after the Bluster, and we can't have a kid mucking about." Jacob said firmly.

Maisie frowned at him, and her eyebrows furrowed.

"Jacob...who is this?" (Y/n) asked, coming up to stand beside him.

Maisie looked at her in awe. "You're (Y/n)!" She exclaimed.

(Y/n)'s eyes widened. She didn't expect this kid to know who she was. "Uh...I am. And who might you be?"

"Maisie. Maisie Brumble." She said, shyly holding out her hand.

"Well, it's nice to meet you, Maisie." She replied, shaking her hand.

"What this now?" Crow's voice cut through the crowd as he approached Maisie.

Maisie's eyes widened as she stared up at him in shock. "The name's Maisie Brumble, but you need no introduction. You've been swallowed whole, shot through the heart, and cut to pieces."

Captain Crow raised his eyebrows in mild surprise at her knowledge of him.

"But the worms won't eat you, and hell won't take you, so here you are! The right proud commander of the second greatest hunting ship what ever sailed." Maisie exclaimed proudly.

"Second greatest?" Crow leaned down towards her. "Which then, may I ask, is the greatest?"

"I'm partial to the Monarch, for it's the ship me parents served on." Maisie explained.

"I see. Then they died heroes, didn't they?"

"Aye." Maisie nodded firmly.

Crow paused for a moment. "...I like this kid. She's all vinegar."

"But C-Captain—!" Jacob protested.

"(Y/n), be good enough to take her in, would you?" Crow asked, as he turned to walk away.

"Aye, Captain." (Y/n) nodded.

Maisie perked up and smiled widely. She grabbed a mug off a nearby tray. "Congratulations, Captain Someday."

She clinked her mug with his, and walked away, but not before Jacob took the drink away from her.

"Right, well, come along then kid. Let's get you settled." (Y/n) held out her hand for Maisie, and she grabbed it enthusiastically. "Sarah, do you mind if she bunks with us?"

Sarah hesitated, before nodding monotonously. "Fine. But she's sharing your bunk. Come on."

The three walked away, and the crew resumed celebrating. Jacob watched Maisie in disbelief as she smugly turned to him and stuck her tongue out.

...

Sarah and (Y/n) lead Maisie into their shared room, which had a bunk bed leaned against the left wall, a window right across from the door, and a target hung up on the right wall.

Sarah walked over to the top bunk, and pulled the blanket off, revealing several weapons. Sarah picked up a pistol, and stuck it in her belt, and shoved several daggers in her belt, coat, sleeves, and boot. She took the other weapons and threw them across the room at the target.

Sarah then took a pillow and fluffed it a bit, before tossing it up on the top bunk.

"Sleep there." She said.

Maisie looked up at her with admiration. "You're...Sarah Sharpe." She realized.

Maisie pulled out her book, and opened it up to reveal a picture of a grumpy looking Sarah.

"They say no first mate is more loyal than—!"

"That's enough." Sarah ordered.

Maisie pulled the book down, to see Sarah looking at her with the same grumpy expression.

"I've heard your speeches, miss."

"My speeches kept me on this boat." Maisie said.

Sarah scoffed. "You're on this boat cause Captain Crow won't stop to put you off it."

Sarah reached into her coat, and pulled out a scabbard with a small dagger in it.

"The hunt is all. So give him your absolute obedience." Sarah handed the knife to Maisie, who took it. "Or fall on that yourself, because I'll visit worse than death on ya." She threatened.

"She's not kidding." (Y/n) chimed in.

"You're...amazing..." Maisie breathed.

Sarah's eyes widened, but she brushed it off and adjusted her hat, before leaving.

"So, how are you feeling?" (Y/n) asked.

"Amazing!" Maisie squealed. "I can't wait to get started. Before I know it, I'll have kill as many of them beasts as you have!" The girl unsheathed her dagger, and started waving it around.

"Uh...well...technically, you're already there..." (Y/n) muttered.

Maisie paused what she was doing and looked up at (Y/n). "What do you mean?"

"I mean...I've never actually ...completely... killed a sea beast." She admitted.

Maisie's mouth fell open. "But...you're a weapon against natures darkest design...it says so on Page 92." Maisie opened her book again and showed her.

(Y/n) bent down to see the illustration of her and Jacob holding their spears.

"Eh...well, you know, books tend to exaggerate things a bit. I mean, I have fought those beasts, but I've never actually killed one. I always let someone else do it." She shrugged.

"Why?" Maisie asked, closing her book.

The girl shrugged again. "I guess I'm not as much of a hunter as everyone else."

Maisie looked down for a moment, before looking back up at her. "Well, if it helps, I still think you're great."

(Y/n) laughed. "Thanks Maisie."

"And I'm not the only one. I know Jacob Holland thinks you're great too. Really great." Maisie hinted.

(Y/n) blushed a bit and cleared her throat before changing the subject. "Uh...I should probably go out on the deck, and check on...things...um...you just...make yourself comfortable, and come out whenever you like."

(Y/n) quickly pried open the door and scurried out, leaving a smirking little girl behind.

...

(Y/n) exited the room and thought about what Maisie had said. Surely she didn't mean that Jacob liked her as more then friends...right?

The girl was so deep in thought and wasn't looking where she was going and bumped into a firm chest. She stumbled back a bit, but a pair of hands rested on her shoulders and kept her steady.

"Woah, love. What's got you so distracted?" Jacob chuckled.

"Oh, um nothing! Just a bit...nervous about taking on the Bluster." She lied.

Jacob nodded, and cleared his throat. "Uh...actually I'm glad you bumped into me cause there's something k wanted to ask you."

(Y/n) looked up at him. "Okay?"

"Uh...as you know, I've going to be named Captain of the Inevitable, and um...well every Captain needs a first mate."

(Y/n)'s eyes widened. Was he saying what she thinks he's saying?

"So...I was wondering...will you be my first mate?" Jacob asked, slightly nervous about her answer.

"Oh, Jacob...yes!" She exclaimed, throwing her arms around his neck.

Jacob laughed a bit at her reaction, but wrapped his arms around her waist and lifted her up.

He couldn't wait to be named Captain and have her by his side for the rest of their lives. 

——————————🌊——————————

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

Frozen By Boo!

Fanfiction

229K 10.4K 17
Male Elsa x Female Reader Based off the Disney movie Frozen (Y/n) = Your Name (L/n) = Last Name (H/l) = Hair Length (H/c) = Hair Color (E/c) = Eye Co...
Cruello By Boo!

Fanfiction

294K 9.1K 13
Male Cruella De Vil x Female Reader Based off of the movie "Cruella" (Y/n) = Your name (H/l) = Hair length (H/c) = Hair color (E/c) = Eye color (S/c...
196K 7.8K 15
Book 1 Captain Jack Sparrow x Female Reader Based off the Disney movie series Pirates of the Caribbean (Y/n) = Your Name (L/n) = Last Name (H/l) = H...
Elemental By Boo!

Fanfiction

127K 6.5K 15
Male Ember x Female Reader Based off the Disney movie: Elemental (Y/n) = Your Name (L/n) = Last Name (H/l) = Hair Length (H/c) = Hair Color (E/c) = E...