Ash and Greninja: Adventures...

By PerseusKyogre09

Greninja decided to return back to Ash after it had been entrusted to protect Squishy. Currently Ash is in th... More

The Duty Ends
The Journey Starts
Perspective

Original Fanfic

891 11 1
By PerseusKyogre09

This is the original version I wrote when I was still learning the basics of writing a fanfic. Yes, this writing is childish and cringy, so I'm rewriting the entire story with my new style of writing (No more switching PoVs and permanent 3rd Person writing). However you will be the one to decide which one of my writing is better. Plus the rewritten version will have the same yet different plot with more details. Now the original version:—

[Skip this chapter if you want to read the rewritten version]

_________________________________________

Chapter 1: The Duty Ends

"Ninja..!!" cried Greninja, while cutting the last of the branch. Squishy was sitting inside the cave finally feeling safe. Greninja returned to the cave, feeling exhausted. Squishy said "You have done enough Greninja. I sense no other hostilities anymore."
"Ja..?" Greninja asked. "You should return to Ash Ketchum now, for you two had a great bond. I'm sure he will welcome you to his team again." "Greninja, ninja ja" asked Greninja, which meant "Ash entrusted me here, and I will follow his requests. I will not leave you here". Squishy replied "If a new threat is started I'm sure you and Ash will come back." "Ja..." "You can sense him, don't you? You can go back to him. I release you of your burden. Rejoin Ash and make him victorious." Greninja tried to sense
where Ash was and found him.

Meanwhile...

"Bring it on, Ash" Kiawe said. "Go Lycanroc!" Ash said sending out his Lycanroc Dusk Form. It was a special kind of Lycanroc, who seemed to have the strengths of both Lycanroc Midday and Lycanroc Midnight. Ash ordered "Lycanroc, use Accelerock!" Kiawe countered "Marowak, dodge it and use bone marang!" "Lycanroc, get ready to use counter!" while Lycanroc took the hit and countered it while doubling the damage. Pikachu meanwhile was cheering for Ash, occasionally saying "Pikapi!" "Alright Ash, get ready for my Z-move!" Kiawe warned. Ash replied, "Oh yeah? Let's do this Lycanroc!" while bringing out his Lycanium Z. While fitting it in the Z-ring, he felt a strange, yet familiar presence. Ash couldn't comprehend it.  Meanwhile Kiawe had executed his Z-move Inferno Overdrive (The fire type Z-move powered by a fire type attack). Lycanroc couldn't believe Ash hadn't started their Z-move while Lycanroc got hit hard and fell down. "And the win goes to... Kiawe!" Kukui said while congratulating him. He asked Ash "Ash, what happened? Why didn't you use your Z-move?" Ash snapped out of the vision and realized he had lost. "I- I- I, don't k-know." He closed his eyes again. But he couldn't feel it anymore. Kiawe asked, clearly concerned "Ash, is something wrong?" Ash replied "It's like I felt something that I used to before. But I couldn't figure out what." Ash said while sitting down. Ash called to Lycanroc "Lycanroc, thanks for battling. You battled hard. It's my fault we lost" and called him to his pokeball. Pikachu came over and asked "Pikapi?"

######

Chapter 2: The Journey Starts

Greninja took a last look at forest behind him. This would be the last time he would see Squishy and Z-2, perhaps. He walked a few steps out of the forest, then sprinted towards the vast ocean heading to Alola. The journey had really begun!

Meanwhile...

Ash was waiting with his classmates and friends Kiawe, Mallow, Sophocles, Lana and Lily, waiting for Prof. Kukui.
Their partner pokemon were having fun in the balcony of the classroom, with Rowlet being overprotective of Meltan. Meltan was Ash's one of new Pokémon, which was supposed to be a new kind of Pokémon. Ash was still bugged about the incident in his yesterday's battle, even though Kiawe had forgotten about it. That really felt familiar, Ash thought. I can't seem to concentrate enough to find out what it was. Hold on a minute... Ash was on his train of thoughts, and Kukui entered the classroom. "Alola Professor Kukui!" shouted the class. "Alola children! Today we are supposed to be sharing some unknown facts not known to other people. So raise your hand if you know something you wanna share."
Kukui said. Lily raised her hand and said "Did you know, that Slowbro can devolve to Slowpoke if it's Shellder shell gets released from its tail?" Kukui clapped and said "Very good. Anyone else?" Sophocles raised his hand said "There are some Pokémon who evolve only in certain places. Pokemon like Nosepass will evolve in a place with really high magnetic field." After that Lana said laughing "Kyogre is the ruler of ocean. But it's weight is lesser than that of Wailord." "There are many foods which have been made for Pokémon using berries. Because berries have a natural flavor and Pokémon like those." Mallow said cheerfully. Kiawe said "Charizard is one of the two pokemon who has 2 different mega evolutions. Mega Charizard X has a great potential for winning almost all battles, because it gains the dragon typing. Mega Charizard Y gains immense heat power and calls on the sun using its ability Drought." Ash suddenly remembered about Greninja with the Charizard talk and thought how it was doing now. Sure he had felt really sad deep down leaving him there, but it was for the best. Z-2 had himself said 'Greninja is a special individual. He has the power to protect us and the Kalos Region.' Ash had parted ways with Greninja before coming to Alola. Remembering that made him really sad. "Hello Ash? Are you doing alright?" Kukui asked. Ash snapped out of the thoughts and said "Oh sorry Professor Kukui, I was lost on thinking something." Kukui smiled apologetically "Are you still worried about the battle yesterday? Don't worry I won't bother you in the class then. It's also almost lunch time, so you can go have fun on the ground now." Ash called to Pikachu. Pikachu was his bestest friend. They both had been together for a really really long time."Would you believe it, that I was just thinking about Greninja? I gotta concentrate on the current stuff, we have to beat the Island Kahuna in the Poni Island." Pikachu replied excitedly "Pikapi!"

######

Chapter 3: Perspective

"Huh? Where am I?" Ash asked himself. He asked again "Pikachu?". But there was no Pikachu, only vast ocean on all four sides. Where am I? He wondered. It was unlike himself. He didn't like ocean that much even though he liked all the ocean pokemon. Why was he here? Lana should've been here instead of him. Something dark suddenly started moving in the ocean. He tried to escape, even though he didn't know why. A Sharpedo leapt upon him.

In Kukui's House...

Ash woke up, sweating heavily. So it was just a dream, Ash thought. Yet, why the hell did he have that kind of dream? Ash felt a chill down his spine thinking about the Sharpedo. Pikachu had woken up too, sensing something wrong with Ash. "Pikapi?" "It's nothing Pikachu," Ash replied, "Just a dream..." "Chu?" Pikachu asked again. "Yeah, it was a scary dream. I don't think I want to see that again." Ash said with finality. He got up and said "Let's go train Pikachu." Pikachu said excitedly "Pikachu!" Ash and Pikachu reached the ocean. Ash kept thinking about that dream. Something still kept bothering him, as if the dream was some kind of message. He and Pikachu got ready for using Gigavolt Havoc, until something washed up on Pikachu's feet. "Pikapi!" Pikachu said, surprised. Ash was surprised too. He picked it up and did not believe his eyes. It was a Waterium Z, not even one scratch.

Somewhere in the middle of the ocean...

Greninja was badly injured fighting a Sharpedo. He didn't know if he could make to Alola. Just as he was about to give up hope, he saw something.

To be continued...

######

Chapter 4: The Save

"Ah, looks like I caught some really big fish!" Lana's father exclaimed. "Could even be Kyogre" he chuckled. After reeling the net, he saw something he didn't expect. A blue pokemon was covered with a lot seaweeds. "Well, that's interesting. Let's remove the seaweeds from it first." He started removing and a minute later found it was actually a Greninja, not some fish. He thought "It looks injured, better take him home and treat him." He started driving the boat to his home in Melemele Island.
After an hour or two he reached home. Knocking the door, he said "I'm home!" Harper and Sarah squealed excitedly "Yay, Dad's home! Did you bring us Kyogre?" Lana smiled and said "Welcome home Dad." He replied "Thanks, but I'm here because I found this one injured" showing the Greninja Lana's mother suddenly came out and said "Oh dear, it looks really bad. But I'm sure I can make him better". After some treatment, Greninja opened his eyes. He saw Lana. Lana smiled and said "Oh! You're awake!" Sarah and Harper said "We want to touch it". Lana, obviously angry at them, said "Don't you see, he's in no condition?" Greninja, now alert hopped on his feet. Lana, now determined, said "Now that you are alright, let me catch you. Go Pokéball!" She said throwing a Dive Ball. Greninja, now back to its full strength, deflected off the pokeball like it was nothing. Lana said "Ohh, you don't like being caught, do you? Alright then, I'm not catching you. But I do want to ask something" "Ninja?" Greninja asked. "Can I take you to the school tomorrow? I wanna show you to my friends." Greninja just nodded his head. "I guess that means a yes." Lana said.
In the shadows, Gladion said to his Umbreon "You want me to catch that Greninja? Very well. I don't know what you see in it, but it definitely looks powerful."

######

Chapter 5: Failed Attempt

Greninja had woken up early and had went out to admire the beach. Alola was a beautiful region.
"I thought you would be here." A voice came.
Greninja swiftly went to its defensive posture. "Greninja!!" He said without any hesitation.
Gladion just laughed "You do look strong. But looks aren't enough. I'm here to catch you. Go Pokeball!" He said while throwing a Dusk Ball. Greninja deflected it quite easily. "I thought so. Go Silvally!" Gladion said sending out Silvally. "Silvally, use Crush Claw!" Greninja swiftly dodged it and used Water Shuriken. Silvally got hit directly. "Silvally, use Air Slash!" Silvally uses Air Slash and Greninja countered it and stopped it with Cut. "Silvally, Multi-Attack!!" Greninja used Double Team and quickly used one Aerial Ace to defeat  Silvally. Gladion, admitting defeat, said "Great job Silvally, take a good rest." Looking at the Greninja, he said "You are strong. You can join me if you like. We can win a lot of battles together." Greninja said "Ninja!" obviously saying no. Lana came out of her house "Did something happen? Gladion?" Gladion explained "Oh, I was here to catch this Greninja, but it defeated me." Lana said, "Good, because he's going the Pokémon School with me. Greninja, come on." Gladion said "Can I follow too? I want to see who this Greninja is actually." "Sure" Lana simply said. They walked to the Pokémon School where Ash, Mallow and Kiawe were waiting. Lily was just entering, and wondered why there was a Greninja following Lana, and behind it, her brother Gladion. Professor Kukui was waiting outside the class so that everyone could come. He was also surprised seeing Greninja and Gladion. But he said nothing, waiting to see what was going to happen. "Alola everyone!" Everyone said "Alola, Lana!" Lana said "Today I brought someone who my father found on the ocean. I thought it would be a great idea to–" Ash, clearly surprised said "Greninja?"

######

Chapter 6: Reunion

"Ninja?" Greninja said, a bit surprised.  Lana, confused asked "Is this your Greninja Ash?" "Yep. I caught it when I was traveling Kalos." Ash replied. Gladion said, "Well then, if this is yours, then I can't catch it." Ash, raising an eyebrow said "You tried to catch it?" "Yes, but Greninja didn't want to be caught." Gladion replied disappointed. Ash said "That was expected. Greninja is kind of special to me. When he was a Froakie, I didn't choose him. He chose me as it's trainer. The earlier trainers who chose him, Froakie never listened to them and ran away." Kukui wasn't surprised to hear it. He had heard Ash had accomplished many things. He had even gained the Z-ring from Tapu Koko and gone to Ultra Space. "So Ash, will you show us a battle with your Greninja?" Ash said "Of course. Who am I going to battle with?" Gladion stepping up, said "Me. If I can't catch it, I will surely battle this Greninja. I would like to see what speciality it has." Kukui said "That's a great idea! Let's go the ground then." When the class had arrived to the ground, including Gladion, Kiawe said to Ash "Show us what it's got." Ash smiled "You don't know what going to happen."
"Please bring out your Pokémon" Kukui said.
"Go Greninja!"
"Go Silvally!"
"Greninja, use Water Shuriken!" Greninja used Water Shuriken.
"Silvally, dodge it, and use crush claw!" Silvally dodges Greninja's Water Shuriken and hits it with Crush Claw.
Lana said "Rotom-Dex, can you show me about Greninja?"
Rotom-Dex replied "Sure.
Greninja
The Ninja Pokémon
A Water/Dark type
It appears and vanishes with a ninja’s grace. It toys with its enemies using swift movements, while slicing them with throwing stars of sharpest water.When it spins its water stars and throws them at high speed, these stars can split metal in two."
" Thanks" Lana said.
"Silvally, use Multi-Attack!" Silvally gets ready to use Multi-Attack.
"Greninja, dodge it using Double Team!" Greninja creates clones of itself using speed and dodges the Multi-Attack.
"Very Clever. Silvally, keep using Air Slash at all of the Greninja." Silvally removes all of the Greninja clones while hitting Greninja.
Ash couldn't do it. It was a long time since he had battled with Greninja. Greninja looked at him. Ash had to do it.
"Let's do this Greninja! Stronger, together!"
It was strangest feeling. Ash felt his mind combining with Greninja, seeing as Greninja, hearing as Greninja.
Greninja became encased in a spiral of water. Gladion was surprised to see a different kind of Greninja coming out of it. Everybody gasped. Rotom-Dex said "No data, no data. Does not compute."
Ash could finally feel stronger. He said  "Greninja, Water Shuriken!" Ash-Greninja now created a bigger Star and threw it at Silvally.
Gladion breaking out of daze said "Silvally, dodge it!" Silvally didn't have enough time to dodge it and got hit. "Guess you are kind of special Ash."
"Thanks Gladion."
"But that doesn't mean, you're going to win." Gladion said bringing out his Normalium Z(Z crystal for using normal type Z move). "Silvally, let's do this."
When Gladion was executing his Z-move, Ash thought to use his new Waterium Z. "Where did you get that Ash?" Lana asked. "In the beach" Ash replied without looking at her. "Greninja, you're going to use this for the first time. Let's do it!" Ash fit it in his Z-ring and it suddenly began to glow. In seconds, it had changed shape, just like Electrium Z had changed to a Z crystal only he and Pikachu could use. "A new Z crystal? Alright, let's do this!" He did a pose which came to his mind out of nowhere and said "Greninja! Use Hydro Star Strike!" Greninja made a huge Water Shuriken and running with it, planned to pin it right on Silvally.
"Silvally! Breakneck Blitz!" Silvally became faster, rushing at Ash-Greninja, but got stopped and fainted right on spot where Greninja hit it.
Gladion, admitting defeat said "You did well Silvally, return." calling back Silvally. Greninja returned to its original form and Ash fell down, panting. Greninja lent a hand to make Ash get up. "Thanks Greninja, that was really refreshing. Reminds me of the battles we had in Kalos." Kiawe said "Ash, that was amazing! How did you do that?" The other students also started asking questions. Kukui smiled at them, thinking maybe Ash would be the next greatest Pokémon trainer.

######

Chapter 7: Poni Island Showdown

Time Skip to Poni Island
Hapu had finally been appointed the role of Island Kahuna. It had been a dream to pursue after her grandfather, the previous Island Kahuna, who had recently passed away. Tapu Fini had itself made her a Kahuna.
Ash was pumped out. He couldn't wait to beat the last, and possibly the strongest Kahuna.
"Let's start the battle Hapu! I can't wait" Ash said.
Hapu smiled slyly. She said "That's what I was hoping. Give it your all." and showing a thumbs up.
"Alright... I choose... Greninja, I choose you!" He said sending out Greninja.
"Ninja!"
"Mudsdale, let's have this first win as the Kahuna. Go!" Hapu said sending out Mudsdale.
"Muds... Dale"
"Greninja, let's start this strong! Use cut!" Greninja used Cut.
"Mudsdale, use high horsepower!" Mudsdale used high horsepower and Greninja hits it with cut. But instead something happens to Mudsdale.
"What's that?" Ash asked, confused.
"Rotom-Dex to the rescue! Mudsdale's special ability is Stamina. When it gets hit by a move, it increases its defense."
"Mudsdale, use stomp!" Mudsdale used Stomp.
"Greninja, use double team to dodge, and use Water Shuriken!" Greninja dodged stomp with double team and used water shuriken. Mudsdale gets hit hard, but raising its defense, it doesn't faint.
"Mudsdale, use bulldoze to get rid of the clones, then use high horsepower!" Mudsdale uses bulldoze to remove the Greninja clones and uses high horsepower.
"Greninja, counter it with cut!" Meanwhile Greninja had started glowing and slashed his hands, just like cut. Only it wasn't.
Rotom-Dex gasped "Greninja just learned Night Slash!"
Ash said "Yes! Greninja, counter it with Night Slash!" Greninja easily stopped Mudsdale with Night Slash.
"Let's do this! Stronger together!" The familiar sense of feeling. It was like he was becoming Greninja, seeing through his eyes, feeling through his body, hearing through his ears...
Greninja encased itself in a spiral vortex and out jumped Ash-Greninja!
"Greninja, Water Shuriken! Aim and hit harder!" It was like Ash used Water Shuriken. Ash-Greninja imitated everything as Ash did.
"That is one special trainer. But I'm not going to lose! Mudsdale! Let's do this!" Hapu used her Groundium-Z. "Use Continental Crush!"
"Greninja, let's finish the battle!" Ash said taking out his Waterium Z which instantly changed to a Grenenjium-Z, as penned by Professor Kukui. "Use Hydro Star Strike!" Greninja made an even bigger star, thanks to the water around him; Mudsdale fainted when it got hit.
"Congrats Ash! You won the final Grand Trial!"
Ash clapped Greninja on his back "Great job Greninja! Return!" calling him back to his pokeball.
"Ash, as a favor, you get to choose which Z-Crystal you want." Hapu said.
Ash thought and said to Pikachu "Buddy, choose what you want." Pikachu exclaimed happily and chose the Steelium-Z
"A Steelium-Z enables the user to use the Steel type Z-move. Use it well!" Hapu said with closure.

######

Chapter 8: The Rocket Invansion

"Is it ready?" The man in the shadows asked. "Yes, boss. The ship will set course to Kalos in a few days." Matori replied. "We are only awaiting your commands." Giovanni, revealing himself from the shadows, said "Good. This signal we have received from James and Jessie says that it is a powerful pokemon. We must make it ours. That pokemon may be the key to Team Rocket's success". Matori commanded to the Team Members "Set course for Kalos. We must catch that pokemon."

Meanwhile in Alola Region...

Ash was still training with his Pokémon, because the Alola League was near. "Lycanroc, Stone Edge! Torracat, Fire Blast! Rowlet, Razor Leaf! Greninja, Night Slash! Pikachu, Thunderbolt!" as the pokemon were training on a rock seeing who broke it first. Lycanroc broke it first with its Stone Edge. "Great job Lycanroc! Let's practice our Z-move now. Others keep trying to break your rock." Lycanroc followed Ash to a secluded spot and started executing his Z-move. "Lycanroc, Splintered Stormshards! Aim for the tree!" Ash said.
After some time, the training was done. But Greninja got some kind of signal and bent down on one knee. Ash asked "What happened Greninja?"
Greninja just looked grimly at Ash, who suddenly understood what was problem. They had to go back to Kalos.

######

Chapter 9: The Return To Kalos

"Professor Kukui! I need to go back to Kalos! It's an emergency!" Ash said.
Kukui worriedly replied "Calm down Ash. Why do you want to go?" Ash said "Kalos may be in danger. Greninja got some kind of message from Zygarde who said to come back immediately."
Kukui raised his eyebrows "Zygarde said? This Greninja just gets interesting and interesting. Ash, I can provide you Garchomp to fly there in 2 hours. Do you want us to come too?"
Ash said "Sure. I would need every help I can get."
After some packing, Ash and his gang of friends were ready to go. Ash petted his Garchomp "Garchomp, we're ready to go. Let's fly. Greninja, come out and sit on the front" Greninja came out of his pokeball and Garchomp started flying to Kalos.

After 2 Hours...

They had reached Kalos's forest. Zygarde was last seen here when Greninja left it. They started following Greninja, who had started tracking it.
They found Z-2 behind a tree.
Ash asked "Z-2, where's Squishy?" Z-2 replied "H- h- he's there."
And a man was shadowing Squishy.
Giovanni had arrived.

######

Chapter 10: The Battle Of Bond

"Greninja, grab Squishy and his friend quickly! Pikachu use Thunderbolt to distract him!" Ash commanded.
Greninja grabbed Squishy and Z-2 while Pikachu distracted Giovanni with his Thunderbolt. Giovanni was frustrated and said "Argh. Can you stop messing with my plans? You always gotta play the hero, don't you?" and sent out Persian and Beedrill.
Ash ignored him and said "Go Pikachu! Go Greninja!" and Pikachu and Greninja got ready in fighting stances.
"Persian, use Fury Swipe! Beedrill, X-Scissor!" Persian brought out its claws and used Fury swipe while Beedrill got ready to use X-Scissor.
"Pikachu, use Quick Attack! Greninja, block X-Scissor with Night Slash!" Pikachu couldn't dodge Fury swipes and hits hard with Quick attack. Greninja barely blocks X-Scissor.
"Hehehe... Beedrill, get ready to use Wood hammer! Persian, use Power Gem!" Beedrill manages to get a big hit on Greninja while Persian hits Pikachu.
"Pikachu! Greninja! Are you two alright? Can you still fight?" Ash said concerned, but believing in them.
"Such a pity! Persian finish them!" Greninja gets up in time and uses Night Slash.
"Greninja!!" Greninja croaked.
"Pikachu!" Pikachu cried.
"Pikachu! Greninja! Let's do this."
"Hm! Will they ever give up? Let's finish this quickly! Beedrill, Mega evolve!" Giovanni said mega evolving Beedrill.
"Greninja, Pikachu, let's give them what being a team is like! Pikachu, let's do this! Greninja, Stronger Together!" Greninja reverted to its Ash-Greninja form while Pikachu held on to Ash's cap.
"Interesting... Let's finish them!"
"Greninja, Water Shuiken! Pikachu, 10,000,000 Volt Thunderbolt! Now!" combing the two strongest moves, it created a mini-hurricane brutally defeating Giovanni.
"Noo... I was so close. Grunts! We have to leave now!"
Giovanni caught a rope and was seen flying away.
Ash said to Greninja "Looks like I have to entrust you here again. I have no other option." and looked gloomy. Greninja looked sad too, but he knew it was for the best. "Greninja, I'm gonna miss you again. Goodbye." and Ash hid his face in the cap. "Pikapi..." Pikachu sat on his shoulders and got on Garchomp.
All that was left behind was Greninja and Zygarde.

_________________________________________
Lol, now I'm realizing the ending was just completely rushed. I think I had lost the inspiration of this fanfic around the last chapters writing time and was ready to just finish it anyway.
Anyway the rewrite starts from the next chapter. First chapter is posted right now, the later chapters will be soon too, as I complete writing them. (I already have a lot of Fanfics in progress right now 💀)

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

467K 31.6K 47
♮Idol au ♮"I don't think I can do it." "Of course you can, I believe in you. Don't worry, okay? I'll be right here backstage fo...
805K 29.9K 105
The story is about the little girl who has 7 older brothers, honestly, 7 overprotective brothers!! It's a series by the way!!! 😂💜 my first fanfic...
96.7K 3.2K 52
"𝐓𝐫𝐮𝐭𝐡, 𝐝𝐚𝐫𝐞, 𝐬𝐩𝐢𝐧 𝐛𝐨𝐭𝐭𝐥𝐞𝐬 𝐘𝐨𝐮 𝐤𝐧𝐨𝐰 𝐡𝐨𝐰 𝐭𝐨 𝐛𝐚𝐥𝐥, 𝐈 𝐤𝐧𝐨𝐰 𝐀𝐫𝐢𝐬𝐭𝐨𝐭𝐥𝐞" 𝐈𝐍 𝐖𝐇𝐈𝐂𝐇 Caitlin Clark fa...
275K 17.4K 21
"you might not be my lover, but you still belong to me" "crazy, you don't even love me but you want to claim me as yours? have you lost your mind jeo...