Drowning In The Dark (Broken...

By Seventhjoul

The story of young girl being born by the rape of her mother and struck with her 4 brothers as her mom died g... More

End of their misery
Breaking The News
Breakfast and School
Home- thats what they called it
End of Costella
A refuge.
The real talk
Your dad?
Spaghetti and TV
Voices in my head
Am I sick?
A Reality Check
Sabrina & Sebastian!?
Cufflinks or Tie?
Stubbornness lands you in trouble.
Confrontation and Confessions
A Vanidestine
Tête-à-Tête
A Mistake
Dex and Ira
You- who love me the most.
A Truth woven in lies
'Some words should be left unspoken.'
Snooping Around
Back to the Square
Feelings
Princess's Don't cry
One Peculiar Family
An Angel
When the love knocks on dark castle gates
Office and a cup of coffee
My Fight for your love
Simply Love
My Darkest days
One grand fall
A new Era
That pure love
The meaning
If you are waiting for me.
Our Prize
The Youngest Pair
The final war
Be Alright
My Rules for my game.
If You all are here.
BROKEN HEIRS #2
ANNOUNCEMENT

Most Precious of them All

29.2K 795 98
By Seventhjoul

Shaira's heart raced as soon as she heard the answer. Even her brain reminded her that her gift does not even stand in the line of the admirers for Dexton but her conscience still wanted to at least give it a try. Shaira was torn between the two. The allegations from her heart and the orders from her brain have created a hurricane of uncertainty for her. She sighed.

Upon entering, she saw Dexton busy with his work. She thought he would not have even realized her presence. Her hands held the box behind her more tightly. As soon as she got close to the massive table, Dexton's whole concentration went to Shaira. He put his pen back and crossed his fingers on the table making him much more intimidating. "Is everything good at school, Ira?" he asked to which Shaira nodded.

She walked around the table and stood close to Dexton's chair. When Dexton raises an eyebrow in question. She sighed and put the box in front of him. Dexton eyes slightly widened when he saw a small box in front of him. The box itself was black with gold detailing. A ribbon was nicely wrapped around it which made it much more attractive.

"I know this is probably the cheapest gift you could ever get in your entire life-Don't open it now!" Shaira put both of her hands on the gift stopping Dexton to open it. She panicked and put her hand away. "I mean- You can open it but just not now, not in front of me." Shaira said embarrassed. Dexton could not help but chuckle at her antics making Shaira's eyes widen. He still opened the box despite Shaira saying no to him.

"They are beautiful, Ira" Dexton said as he saw a pair of cufflinks inside the box. Maybe the gift would be cheap for him, but Shaira knew that shop, from where she bought it turned out to be very much expensive for her. Her five-month salary was invested in such a small gift.

" They better be." Shaira thought

"I am glad you-" Shaira sneezed "-liked it." The weather was cold, so Shaira did catch a cold after walking back home but she was genuinely happy that Dexton liked it.

"I think I should go."  Shaira stepped away from Dexton fearing that she will pass her cold to him. Before she could run towards the door. 

"Stop Right there and sit on the couch."

Shaira halted and looked back at Dexton who stood from the chair and open a cabinet of his almirah. "I am tired and cold. Can I go back now, please?" Shaira said sneezing again with a runny nose.

"You can go but sit there first." Dexton said. Shaira sighed and sat on the couch cross-legged not caring that it was not ladylike - the image she sought. Dexton put a warm blanket on her from behind and sat on the other couch with a medicine box. Dexton took the thermometer pointing to Shaira's mouth.

"I will check it in my room." The sentence alone got a look of disapproval from Dexton. Shaira was convinced that if Daniel and Diaz were her angel brothers then Dexton would surely be her Devil brother. He could make her say yes to anything with one sharp look. Shaira rolled her eyes and took the thermometer.

"Two hot chocolates in my office, in five minutes." Dexton said at the intercom. Shaira's eyes widen. Shaira always loved a cup of hot chocolate whenever she got sick because it was so comforting, but the question was how Dexton knew about it.

Shaira's thermometer showed that she did have a fever, but it was not that high. "She could work with that." Shaira thought.

Before they know it, a maid came and put two mugs of hot chocolate on the table and excused herself. Dexton gave Shaira her mug and took one mug himself. Shaira took a long sigh as she took her first sip making Dexton smile. 

It would not be wrong to say that Dexton loved Shaira. The very first memory of him as a 13-year-old boy was to carry a baby girl was still in a very far corner of his mind. But over time, he forgot how to make a balance between his brothers and her. Unfortunately, He needed to choose between his brothers and his sister, but he knew no matter what choices he made it will hurt him at last. Dexton was young and Shaira got distant. He became so busy with his company and raising his brothers that he never noticed the gravity of his brothers' words before it got too late. Amidst all of this, Shaira grew up. 

She grew up to become this stunning mature woman before her age. She even surprise Dexton a few times with her wisdom.

"Is there any problem Dexton?" Dexton came out of his thoughts when Shaira shook him up. He shook his head.

"So, how was your session with Dr. Sordo?" Dexton asked sipping his hot chocolate. Shaira sighed when she remembered the task Dr. Sordo has given him. She had tried to think about that, but she does not know why she could not conjuncture a single thing. The next session was in two days.

"Can I ask you an odd question, Dexton?" Shaira said as he gazed softly toward Dexton. Shaira hated to admit it, but she doesn't need to pretend something else in front of him because he knew everything that was going on in her mind which was a good thing and a bad thing at the same time. Dexton nodded.

"How do you know you love something just because you like doing it, not for someone else validation? "Dexton's hands halted for a sec when he looked at Shaira. He knew from where these doubts were coming into her head. Not getting an answer from him. She continued, "You know, Mr. Sordo asked me to write something which I loved or liked, but I could not write a single thing. It made me feel like I was nobody. A hollow person with nothing." She smiled, although her eyes moisten.

"The things we do for validation certainly never make us happy and for the things we loved, it does not matter even if we started doing them for someone's validation because in course of time you will be happy by doing it." Dexton said putting his mug down.

Shaira's eyes furrowed. She could not understand the context.

"We will know what our heart seeks sooner or later. So, don't be afraid. Sometimes our mind does create loopholes for us, but you have to always remember, the one who could let you get out of them is you. After all, the most precious thing in the sea of self-doubts and validations is you. It's how you perceive it. Your conscience is the most precious of them all."

"Wow. I had never thought it like this." Shaira said. It was like her problems had somewhat straightened out. Shaira could not help but think how happy her life would be if she had Dexton always there for her to give her suggestions. Maybe she would even have faced her bullies knowing that someone is behind her even if she got punched really bad. This all lead to her the most dreadful question she wanted to ask. "Why now? Why they had to show these sides of them when she finally decided to leave them? What changed overnight that he suddenly become so approachable to her?"

It would not take millions of years, for her, to understand that she was afraid. She was afraid of being abandoned by them again. As much toxic as it sounds but she needed them- A family when she finally returned home, her real home, not Daniel's but her home. Her eyes glisten as tears filled her eyes. She abruptly stood up.

"I need to go."

"I know what you want to know, Ira."  Dexton said making Shiara stop in her tracks and making her face Dexton again.

"Then, why wouldn't you just tell me? How often do I have to remind you that I am not an object? I am human, barely an adult. I have emotions too." Shaira said her voice cracking.

"That's why, you are not even an adult, Shaira. How could I- I could not hurt you more than you already are." Dexton said with a firm voice.

"But I need to know-" Dexton stopped her midsentence. He got from the couch and pull out the custody annulment papers from the drawer.

"I will never help you to sign these papers because I need a second chance." Dexton said handing papers in her hand.

Shaira's eyes widen.

......

Hey, my lovely readers. I know you would not even have interest in knowing this- But I just got out of the stomach flu and a cold today. I was so excited today that I wrote a chapter earlier than I thought. 

For all those people who wanted an Ezra or Dexton Pov. I hear you guys. I have tried to incorporate some of Dexton's thoughts. You are free to speculate and tell me what reason you think for the sudden change?

Quick Question for fun- Who is your fav character till now and why?

I am so damn sure that you all know who is mine, but I can't be biased right?

Like Share and Vote if you like it. I want you all to know, your comments and suggestions always strive me to do better than previous (;   

So, thank you so much for that!

Bye.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1.8M 44K 52
Liliana has always had a bad life. Ever since she was five, her mother would date the wrong people who would corrupt her, and she was the one who alw...
134K 2.4K 34
ᴇ ɴ ᴅ ᴜ ʀ ᴇ ; ᴄᴀʀʀʏ ᴏɴ ᴇᴠᴇɴ ᴡʜᴇɴ ɪᴛ ʜᴜʀᴛꜱ. ʙʀɪᴇʟʟᴇ ᴍᴏʀᴀʟʟᴇꜱ. ꜰᴀᴍɪʟʏ, ꜱᴏᴍᴇᴛʜɪɴɢ ᴇᴠᴇʀʏᴏɴᴇ ʏᴇᴀʀɴꜱ ꜰᴏʀ, ᴛʜᴇ ᴍᴏʀᴀʟʟᴇꜱ ᴡᴇʀᴇ ᴏɴᴄᴇ ᴀ ᴄᴏᴍ...
30.2K 1.1K 14
If there's anything Evie Barrett has learned in her sixteen years of living, it's that there's a lot more to family than blood. She's stuck by that f...
802K 21.7K 53
**Contains Rape,Abuse, Suicide, do not read it if your not comfortable** The William siblings are not as close as they used to be. Because of one mes...