Why Him? [ YiZhan FF ]✔

By Jxxxsuhh

" Out of everyone you had to fall for him? " Eight years ago Yibo's heart broke because his crush had a crush... More

Sneak Peek
Author's Note
Introduction
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26

Chapter 21

1.3K 86 10
By Jxxxsuhh

By now a ruffling sound occurred, the maintenance workers had started their work, with the emergency key they managed to open the elevator door. Yibo stretched his hand since the elevator was stuck in between the floor, Zhan had to crawl out of the available space. With one go Yibo pulled Zhan, but the force by which he pulled him was so intense that it caused Zhan to stumble and fall right into Yibo's arms. Yibo looked at Zhan and smiled, pulling him in his arm "You'll see" he said, hugging him even more tightly, Zhan smiled, humming as reply while continuing to hug him.

The next morning ...

Zhan couldn't sleep the entire night thinking of what had happened the previous day, the feelings Yibo had were almost that of having feelings for him, but Zhan wasn't sure if that was true or not. But either way it made him happy that Yibo was starting to show a more affectionate side. He quickly hurried with his breakfast and decided to go to university a bit earlier than usual.

Time skip...

On his way to university, Zhan smiled at the thoughts of Yibo. It almost made him feel as though he was drunk even though he was sober. As he was walking, he felt a hand slide into his own, Zhan smiled and turned around hoping it was Yibo, but was startled seeing the man in front of him "Zifan!" Zifan shrugged, pulling Zhan closer, while Zhan shook his hand off his hand "Why? You were happy a couple of seconds ago, now you aren't huh? Seem like you hoped it was someone else rather than me" Zifan said, cocking his eyebrows up, Zhan rolled his eyes "I don't see where this was your business?" Zifan chuckled "But you seem to like it when Yibo does it, is it a personal thing? Or just Yibo stuff?" Zhan rolled his eyes once again "Again, it's none of your business, I'm getting late to class" Zhan walked ahead, while Zifan slowly walked behind him.

"How's your preparations going for the US? Are you ready?" Zifan asked, trying to bring in the small talks to reduce the tense atmosphere. "Not sure..." Zifan curiously leaned in "What do you mean ?" Zhan shrugged once again "Not sure if I want to go to the US" Zifan held him by his shoulder making Zhan face him "Are you mad?! This is like a once in a lifetime opportunity and you want to throw it away for someone who doesn't even like you that way?" Zifan asked, Zhan gulped "How..." Zifan stopped Zhan before he could speak any further "Anyone can easily guess how you feel for Yibo, it's only him who doesn't know it yet, that wooden head still can't figure it out".

Zhan sighed "Don't call him that" Zifan rolled his eyes "Fine! But do you have any idea what you are talking about right now?! Are you the same Zhan who said he would achieve his dream no matter what and do whatever it takes to achieve it? Cause I feel like that Zhan has long gone" Zhan dropped his head as he was in no position to answer Zifan, somehow Zhan knew Zifan was right. Even though Yibo showed some emotions that didn't mean he liked him in the same way Zhan liked Yibo.

"Look Zifan I'm in no position to answer that for you and no I'm not doing this for someone else but for myself, I don't know if its the right time for me to go to US since I'm not sure myself if this is what I want to do" Zifan left Zhan's hand and walked ahead "I think you're lying to yourself and to your dream" these words felt like an arrow to his heart, yet he wasn't ready to accept them just yet.

Meanwhile,

Ziyi who happened to cross paths, overheard what Zifan had said, all she could hear was that Zhan wasn't planning to go to the US for some reason, even though it seemed like that is what he had dreamed for, something or someone is stopping him from going to the US. Ziyi immediately rushed back to Yibo. Seeing Ziyi run, Yibo laughed "Careful Ziyi~ You might slip and sprain your leg" Ziyi made a poker face "Haha very funny, look I have something important to say to you" Ziyi said seriously, seeing Ziyi serious, Yibo too stopped joking.

"Seems like Zhan-ge doesn't want to go to US" Ziyi said in a serious tone, Yibo narrowed his brows "What?Why" Ziyi shrugged "No idea, I think you should talk to him" Yibo hummed "I mean...That's his wish if he wants to go or not, why should I talk to him about it ?" Ziyi smacked Yibo on his head, while Yibo winced in pain "The hell..." Ziyi narrowed her brows "I think he is confused about something, if he talks to someone he might get an idea what to do next" Yibo thought for some time and nodded "You're right, I should talk to him".

Meanwhile, Zhan who was in the lab was not able to concentrate on his experiment after what Zifan had said, even though Zifan was right, Zhan felt like Zifan had just confused his mind with thoughts he had been avoiding for a long time. He threw his pen in frustration and sighed "I hate that asshole for confusing me" he sighed leaning his head on the table. Just then the door to his lab flung open "Zhan!" Yibo came running towards Zhan.

Zhan hardly had time to process what was going on and Yibo grabbed his hand "Let's go" Yibo said dragging Zhan with him, Zhan looked at Yibo "What happened?" he asked as he wasn't sure what Yibo had in his mind. "Shh... Don't ask me anything, just come with me" he said shushing Zhan "Let's go in the elevator" Zhan suggested, while Yibo shook his head "No way! You're never going on an elevator, even if you're with me, I don't mind taking the stairs for you" Zhan blushed at what Yibo had said, at times like this when Zhan has a clear mind, words like this from Yibo makes Zhan feel more confused as to what Yibo would be thinking about him. But he decided to brush it off for now, since he wasn't ready to ponder upon them for now.

"Wait here and I'll be back" Yibo said leaving Zhan near the front, Zhan looked at Yibo who ran in the opposite direction "Yibo! Where..." but Zhan sighed seeing Yibo had ran so far away that he disappeared in the crowd "What has got into him ?" as Zhan sighed looking around, suddenly he heard a bike passing bike, removing his helmet, Yibo gestured to Zhan to sit behind him "Hop on" he said making Zhan laugh "Seriously? A bike? Are you trying to kidnap me?" Yibo chuckled "Yes I am, I'm trying to kidnap you of your time " Yibo answered to which Zhan chuckled and hopped on the bike "Return me back safely" Yibo snickered "You're in good hands today" saying this Yibo started the bike.

The cold wind gently crushed through Zhan's hair making enjoy the ride as Yibo drove past outside the city, the less the traffic got, the more fun the ride seemed to be. What more could make Zhan happier than a bike ride that too with Yibo as he hugged him from behind. He looked around the scenario and Zhan guessed that Yibo might be taking him to the sea, Zhan smiled looking at the aquarius scenario at the side, birds flocking and the golden sand that just tempted him to walk on it.

Yibo parked the bike "Welcome to the sea" he smiled leaving the way for Zhan to walk ahead of him, Zhan looked at the scenario, visually taking in the beauty around him, Zhan turned around and grinned at Yibo "Let's who reach the water first!" saying this he sprinted towards the water, while Yibo ran behind him. Yibo pulled Zhan down, making the two trip and fall on the sand. Yibo laughed while Zhan chuckled "Seems like someone is enjoying the trip" Yibo smiled, to which Zhan nodded "Thank you for taking me here, it's been a while since I came to the beach" he smiled looking around.

Yibo nodded "I'm glad" he looked at Zhan "So what's going on? Why don't you want to go to the US?" Yibo asked to which Zhan looked startled, obviously he was confused about how Yibo knew about it "How did you know?" Zhan asked to which Yibo shrugged "I have my sources" Zhan rolled his eyes "Did Zifan tell you?" he asked since he was the only pain in his head for now. Yibo rolled his eyes "Not him, don't try to dodge the question, answer me".

Zhan sighed, yet he looked at Yibo and then looked back at the sea and bit his bottom lip "I'm tired" Zhan said

"When my mother was still alive my father had been a great dad, but after her death, my dad became cold to us, he sure was busy even when she was alive, but after her death he dug deep into his work and hardly came home, I was 5 and jie was 10, we both were obviously kids who starved for love and affection of our parents, when all the kids had their parents taking them on trips, picking them up from school and going to places, we had our caretaker doing it for us, obviously I as a child worked hard to gain that love from my father, so I studied hard, and decided to be best at everything, but even then I failed, as I grew up, I learnt one thing, that is to live life like I wanted, so I decided to do what feels right to me, hence why I decided to pursue Forensic Science instead of being a doctor, but right now, I feel tired, if I look back at my life, I hardly have anything fun to remember by, I've always tired to work so hard, to have that perfect image, I forgot the main thing, that is to enjoy my life once in a while".

Yibo sighed and draped his arm round Zhan's shoulder and patted him on the side "I know you are perfect, even I was envious and a bit jealous... well a lot jealous actually" Yibo said which made Zhan laughed "But you know what, I came to admire your hard working side, I loved how you were so smart yet you were goofy... at least when you were with me, so what I'm tryint to say here is, not everyone needs to be perfect all time, we aren't robots and it is ok to have flaws as human, I like you being smart and genius, but I like the version of Zhan, who is goofy, kinda cute, a bit weird and a whole lot of bossy .... I want you to embrace that side of yours, at least when you're with me" these words made Zhan cry as he hugged Yibo, while Yibo gently patted him on the back "And don't worry, about 'living the life' part, leave that to me, by the time you go to US, you'll have loads of memories for you to look back, you'll etch them in your memory and remember them forever"

Zhan smiled wiping the tears off his eyes, he nodded, Yibo gave Zhan a bag of chips "Wow I never thought a day like this might come where I would see cold and bossy Zhan cry in front of me" Zhan rolled his eyes and pulled Yibo's ear making him laugh "Ouch! Fine sorry" he apologized, making Zhan stop pinching him "This is my first time I cried in front of someone" Zhan said, looking at the sea. Yibo chuckled "Oh I'm honored" Zhan smiled "You're a lot of first for me" he said, still looking at the sea, while his face turned a bit crimson at this thought. Yibo who was looking at the sea as well, turned towards Zhan after what he had said, he noticed the blush on Zhan's face "The sea is beautiful right?" Zhan asked to which Yibo didn't reply, he had his eyes fixed on Zhan.

As Zhan didn't hear Yibo say anything, he asked once again "Yibo~ Isn't the sea beautiful?" he asked, turning towards Yibo. While Yibo hummed "Yes...Beautiful" he said looking straight at Zhan, while Zhan smiled and looked back at the sea. Yibo sat there almost looking like a statue, he held his chest and looked back at the sea, not only Zhan, it seemed like Yibo too had some thinking to do on his part.

***

To Be Continued ...

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

21.5K 1.2K 23
Xiao zha ! he is a playboy ! From whom boys and girls are just his Pleasure, he just uses the boy and girl and Throws them out of his life, he also d...
88.4K 4.1K 51
Hlo guy's! How are u? I hope everyone is safe and healthy 😃 This is my first story hope everyone Support me and I will give my best to Work hard! So...
127K 7.8K 29
A simple love story/ fan fiction , i won't be harsh on your heart 😌✨💘 -"are you crazy?" -"Yes I am, crazy over you" Xiao zhan is a new student in t...
71.5K 3.4K 19
Can Love be in a wrong TIME? Xiao Zhan is innocently inlove with Wang Yibo, he wish nothing than be with that man for the rest of his life. But what...