𝗠𝗲𝗻 𝗼𝗳 𝗧𝗼𝗺𝗼𝗿𝗿𝗼𝘄...

Od UltramanWhoLaughs

Krypton, the home of thousands who lived their lives in peace and tranquility. Then came the rumours, the Cou... Více

𝕄𝕒𝕟 𝕠𝕗 𝕊𝕥𝕖𝕖𝕝
A Dying Planet
You Are Not Alone
Smallville Showdown
Unfit for Service
War of the Supermen
𝔹𝕒𝕥𝕞𝕒𝕟 𝕍 𝕊𝕦𝕡𝕖𝕣𝕞𝕒𝕟: 𝔻𝕒𝕨𝕟 𝕆𝕗 𝕁𝕦𝕤𝕥𝕚𝕔𝕖
Problems Up Here
The Red Capes are Coming
What Tomorrow Throws at You
Doomsday!
𝕆𝕚𝕝 𝕒𝕟𝕕 𝕆𝕔𝕖𝕒𝕟
Close Encounter of the Steel Kind
Fighting Metal with Steel
Rage Against the Machine
ℤ𝕒𝕔𝕜 𝕊𝕟𝕪𝕕𝕖𝕣'𝕤 𝕁𝕦𝕤𝕥𝕚𝕔𝕖 𝕃𝕖𝕒𝕘𝕦𝕖
Smoke Becomes Fire
It's the Small Moments, That Make Life Worth Living
Tunnel Vision
All the King's Horses

Like a Chess Board

3.7K 158 89
Od UltramanWhoLaughs

It was just passed 1:45 AM, it had been 5 days since (Y/N) had received the letter, and his nerves were constantly getting the better of him. Constantly looking over his shoulder, his X-Ray vision was flickering as he thought someone was just out of view. He had still yet to tell anyone, it's better they didn't know. (Y/N) was already enough of a burden. But now was not the time for emotion, now was the time for action. 

(Y/N) stood in a corn field, his hand lightly touching the still growing produce. He was dressed in a short sleeved blue shirt and red shorts, he was barefoot as he didn't want to ruin any shoes with what he was about to attempt. The young Kryptonian took in a sharp breath, the fresh air flinging his lungs as he looked forward seeing it almost like a run-way clear for him. One foot in front of the other, what started out as a slow walk, slowly turned into a jog. (Y/N) maintained his breathing as the jog turned into a run, the dirt beneath his feet was thrown lightly into the air started moving his shoulders and arms along with his legs. 

(Y/N) noticed how has fast he was running, thinking that it was time, (Y/N) tensed the muscles in his feet and legs. Just as he passed a post, (Y/N) leapt high into the air. Knocking all the crops around him down as the Kryptonian was launched upwards, the moonlight hitting his skin as he smiled. As his altitude decreased and he began to fall back down, a few birds passed (Y/N) and he gently reached out to try and touch them. 

Just then (Y/N) found himself approaching the ground at a rapid pace, as he looked down and saw the dirt approaching his once again tensed his lower muscles. Just as (Y/N) touched the ground, he once again leapt upwards this time higher than before. Just as (Y/N) passed the clouds, he pushed his arms upwards, pushing him even further. 

'Just a little bit more' he thought to himself as (Y/N) could feel himself continue to climb. Just as he went further, his shoulder began to ache as the muscle tensed. The same shoulder that was shot by Jor-El all those years ago. However, (Y/N)'s hopes and dreams were dashed as his momentum slowed, and he slowly began to fall back down to the Earth. His arms and legs flailed around as (Y/N) tried his best to force his body to activate his flight ability. Just before (Y/N) hit the ground, a 'whoosh' echoed through the air as he felt himself gently touch down. 

Opening his eyes, (Y/N) wasn't surprised to see Clark there, with his arms crossed and a small smile. "Hello (Y/N)" he said as the younger Kryptionian stood up straight, brushing himself off. 

"Clark I-uh" he stumbled over his words trying to find an excuse. "Wasn't expecting you at this part of the world" (Y/N) nervously said rubbing the back of his head. "How's Metropolis?"

"Good" was all Clark said. "I see you're starting to get a handle on everything" Clark joked as he floated down and stepped onto the ground. 

"Yeah, I just thought in the dead of night, now would be a good time to you know-" (Y/N) was cut off before he could finish. 

"Keep testing the limit?" Clark asked with a raised eyebrow. 

"Yeah, how did you know?" (Y/N) responded. 

"Just a little something dad" he started. "Jor-El, the construct said when I first started testing the limit. You'll find a boundary for your powers, and somehow, someway, you can push past that boundary" Clark finished.

"Hopefully" (Y/N) chuckled slightly. "I can't seem to get a handle on the whole, flight thing. I can seem to leap higher and higher, but never fully be one with the wind" (Y/N) explained, embarrassed that Clark had caught him during a training session. 

"How about heat vision? Any news on how that's going?" Clark pressed. 

(Y/N) recalled the previous night, where his eyes flared up and he had to hold himself back from letting out a raged filled red blast. "I'm......starting to come along I think, I've pushed myself and I'm starting to show signs of it yeah" the two Kryptonians began to walk back to the Kent Farm, Clark sharing stories of Metropolis and the World beyond. 

"Wait" (Y/N) cut him off in the middle of a story. "So they put those little green pea things, on fries?" (Y/N) asked making sure he heard Clark correctly to which he nodded back. "Great Rao, there's a few things about this world I don't think I'll ever get" he added.

"Well that's a reason I stopped by" Clark began. "Perry White, my boss, has told me to go to this even being held by Lex Luthor, one of the men responsible for rebuilding Smallville" (Y/N) remembered seeing the trucks everywhere. "He's holding a fundraiser for the Library of Metropolis, there's gonna be all types of food there, don't tell Ma but there's gonna be alcohol. And no else at the planet is able to go, so I was wondering if you'd like to see what the world outside of Smallville is like?" Clark offered, holding a genuine smile. 

This was, a really nice gesture from Clark. (Y/N) had seen Martha watch all of these television shows where you see some high society people enjoying foods which looked ridiculous. Many of them included British people, (Y/N) recalling the name of one of the shows as Downtown Abby. Was this be something like that? 

"What, would I have to do exactly?" (Y/N) asked, almost expecting there would be some caveat to this offer. 

"Oh no" Clark answered back, sounding slightly offended by the question but he brushed it off quickly, expecting the answer. "This would be like a test run, for to see if you're ready to be outside the safety of Smallville. While I do my work for the planet, you can walk around, try the food and socialise if you feel up to it that is" Clark ensured, and he was right. Smallville was well......small, while it's people and life are fascinating there's more to this world than a simple farm town. 

"Yeah sure" (Y/N) answered mustering up his courage for an answer. He gave a warm smile, which Clark met with his own. 

"Good, let Ma know when she wakes up" Clark replied as he flew slightly into the air, looking up into the sky and hearing another person in need of help. "She'll let you know how to dress appropriately for events such as this. See you around" he finished, and Superman rocketed off into the sky with a sonic boom. 

"How does he do that?" (Y/N) wondered as he still couldn't get the knack of flight. 

(The Next Day)

"Is this collar supposed to be this tight?" (Y/N) asked slightly concerned as he pulled he did the top button up on a white shirt. The Kryptonian looked himself in the mirror, as he was dressed in a blue human 'suit' with a blazer on the seat next to him and a tie waiting to be done up. 

"Quit ya complaining" Martha smiled as she picked up the tie and practically forced (Y/N) to face her. "Here I am, doing a twenty one year old's tie up" she complained, but it was clear to be in a sarcastic way. 

"I mean" (Y/N) began, his eyes looking off into the corner of the room. "Technically I'm like 50 or 60 in your Earths years" he corrected, feeling a little smug at his own comment. 

"Excuse me?" Martha asked, a little bit bewildered at this joke. 

"Well I was about 20 when I was vanished into the Phantom Zone, I was never told how long we were in there for. Then the Black Zero wondered space for about three human decades. Even though I was in stasis, it still counts" (Y/N) fully explained although Martha still looked confused. 

"So, does that make you older than Clark, or younger?" she asked, trying to get her head around the comment. 

"Well it depends how you view-" before (Y/N) could finish he felt the tie tighten around his neck almost choking him. "Rao" he managed to get out as he felt very comfortable.  

"What? Can handle being thrown through a building but not a tie?" Martha sassed as she moved away allowing (Y/N) to inspect himself in the mirror. "What do you think? Used to be Clark's but I say it fits you nicely". 

"So this-" (Y/N) began flinging the tie around like it was a toy. "Is traditional attire?" he asked, as he moved to pick up the blazer. 

"That it is" Martha said. "Now remember, Clark said he'll be listening out, so if you feel nervous, feel like you can't hold a conversation, someone getting on your nerves, just say-" before Martha could finish (Y/N) cut her off. 

"The sun has been looking quite red recently" he finished, checking his human watch noticing the time. "Okay, Clark said I have to catch the 5:45 bus and he'll meet me halfway. I need to get going" he said to Martha and himself rushing to the front door. 

"Be careful (Y/N)" Martha called out, waving the young man goodbye. 

(Timeskip)

Clark met (Y/N) close to the Luthor estate where the fundraiser was being held, the bus driver even growing a little concerned on how (Y/N) was dropped off close to be in the middle of nowhere. However, (Y/N) himself was burning up inside, it all of his courage to even step onto the bus let alone ride it for a full hour. This whole thing was nerve racking already. 

"Is that my suit?" Clark asked as the two met, with fancy and luxurious cars buzzing past them as they walked. 

"Yeah" (Y/N) said with smile, but also noticing the contraption around Clark's neck. "Martha said it would fit me, and you said formal attire so I hope this works" he nervously added. 

"You'll be fine" Clark assured as he removed the contraption around his neck and handing it to (Y/N), along with some sort of tag. 

"What are these?" the younger Kryptonian asked. 

"That, is a camera and ID badge. You see on Earth you can't just get into events such as these, you need an invite, be of high standing or be a member of the press" Clark explained. 

"You're a member of the press? Is that how you got invited?"

"Exactly, the Daily Planet was specifically asked to be here. So that's why I'm here" the two were approaching the Luthor estate quickly, with sky blackening and the sun out of view. "Now the only way I was able to convince Perry to give you a Press Badge was by telling my brother is an amateur photographer" that ending statement shocked (Y/N) slightly, seeing how the two weren't that close all things considered. 

"You told him I'm your brother?" he asked in confusion. 

"Course I did" Clark gave a warm smile patting (Y/N) on the back. "So getting pictures here isn't really important, this is a page 3 maybe a page 4 article so one or two will do still even then they don't have to be all that good". 

"So what do I need to do?" (Y/N) asked, looking through the camera and seeing the world through its lens almost seeing the world through it, in a way to capture its beauty. On accident, (Y/N) clicked a button on top of the camera and the lens closed slightly then opened, startling and he jumped back much to the fear of (Y/N). 

"Just do exactly that" Clark smiled as they were quickly approaching the press line for the event. "When you see someone or something you think is important and use that button again to take a photo, just make sure the person is clear and visible through the lens and the camera will do the rest" Clark added patting (Y/N) on the back as he eased the younger man's nerves. The Luthor estate was quite vast, with it looking very modern and high tech. Bright lights shined around every corner, and (Y/N) if he were human would be almost blinded by them. 

As the two Kryptonians neared the line there was a very large man conducting searches, ordering other large, threatening looking men to do the same. 

"Please handover all electronic devices to be scanned and all belongings into the tray to be searched!" he yelled out to the small line of photographers and reporters. 

"This is fine, just do what they say it's normal" Clark assured. 

"YOU!" the man yelled at (Y/N) getting his and Clarks attention. "STEP FORWARD AND TURN YOUR CAMERA OVER FOR INSPECTION!" he yelled, with Clark giving a nod to go forward and to the side. As (Y/N) neared the man, he saw the name on his ID, Head of LexCorp Security, John Corben. 

Portrayed by Josh Duhamel

(Y/N) removed the camera and placed on the table as Corben instantly grabbed at it and began to basically take it apart piece by piece in a way to to see what was inside. Once Corben removed one part, he looked inside the camera expecting to see something that wasn't there. 

"Have you tampered with this device in anyway?" Corben asked a nervous (Y/N). 

"No, it's just the same one I always use, haven't replaced any part or anything" he came up with on the spot. Although Corben looked unconvinced, he put the camera back down and didn't even bother putting the parts back together. 

"Turn over your wallet and phone" he basically commanded and while (Y/N) did pull out a wallet which held the basic fake ID, some cash and that was about it, there was no phone. "PHONE" he barked. "NOW!"

"I don't have one sorry" (Y/N) tried to explain as Corben looked almost disappointed with the wallet holding nothing inside. 

"What are you talking about?" Corben said angrily as he moved to (Y/N) and began hastily searching him. "It's the 21st century everyone has a phone" he checked the inside blazer pockets, and almost pushed (Y/N) back. "Grab your shit and get going, alright you hurry up" he went back to ordering people around and (Y/N). The Kryptonian quickly grabbed his wallet and the jigsaw that is now the camera and went to meet up with Clark who was patiently waiting for his photographer with him looking rather unhappy. 

"What's his problem?" (Y/N) asked clearly pissed off at the security guard. 

"Some people" Clark looked back to see Corben still giving a glare even to other press members. "Are just like that, let me have a look" Clark said as he took the camera off (Y/N) and began to easily put it back together. "Here's the thing about some tech" he started and he revealed the camera to be back together just like before, "it looks complicated when it's really not" causing (Y/N) to smirk. 

A minute later, some photographers went crazy as a black old looking car pulled up and a man looking to be in his 40s/50s stepped out with cameras flashing and the name "Mr Wayne" being called out with the man smiling. Causing both Kryptonians to look confused. 

"Who's that?" Clark asked another reporter, speaking the mind of himself and (Y/N)s. 

"You must be new to the 'let them eat cake' beat" a reporter replied with a solum sounding voice. "That, is Bruce Wane" he answered and (Y/N) knew where he seen the name before. On some of the trucks across Metropolis. On almost instinct, (Y/N) raised his camera and took a few not too bad looking photos of the Wayne Billionaire. Even a pretty good looking picture of the Wayne flashing a smirk. If everyone else is taking pictures, he must be important. 

Everyone was hurried inside to the venue, as nights like these seemed to begin with a speech of sorts. As a small stage had been set up for Lex Luthor himself to make an appearance. People were applauding as Lex hurried is way to the stage, with him acting embarrassed and waving his hands. (Y/N) was looking around, so many people dressed in fancy attire, men, women all here to restore the Library of Metropolis, but as (Y/N) was looking around his gaze met someones. A woman in a red dress, black hair and golden ear rings was looking straight at (Y/N) with an almost curious look. (Y/N) felt his own eyes narrow at the woman, both starring at one another for just a brief moment before her attention went back to the stage as his the same. 

"The word philanthropist" Lex begun, "comes from the Greek. Meaning a lover of humanity. Uh, it was coined about 2,500 years ago....." but as Lex went on (Y/N) felt his almost, ringing in his ear. Like something small was cutting through the speech, and he rubbed his ear gently thinking it was a twitch of pain. But as (Y/N) focused on that pain, the twitch became louder, and felt stronger. Until eventually he could hear a voice;

"It's in the service corridor in the basement" the voice said, and (Y/N) recognised the accent as British from that show Martha watches. Looking around for the source of the ringing and voice, (Y/N) it was that Bruce Wayne fellow. He was cutting through the crowed and making his way to some stairs, and from the corner of his eyes (Y/N) could see that Clark could hear it too. 

"Gods and men" the Kryptonian focused on the speech from Mr Luthor. "Prometheus went with us, and he ruined Zeus' plan to destroy mankind, and for that he was given a thunder bolt" he then created a sound which could be described as bolt sound effect. This Lex character seemed charismatic, but also eccentric at the same time. Like he was giving a speech that he thought people wanted to hear not the one they want to hear. "Books are knowledge and knowledge is power and I am..."he giggled towards the end, his tone seemed to have taken a dive, almost like a breakdown mid sentence. "No. What am I? What was I saying? No. The bittersweet pain among men is having knowledge with no power, because. Because that is PARADOXICAL!" he shouted and calmed immediately. "And um.........Thank you for coming" as the speech ended, everyone gave an awkward clap. 

"(Y/N)" Clark said getting the younger Kryptonians attention. "I just need you for a quick second then I'll let you enjoy the evening" with (Y/N) nodding as the two journeyed out of the crowed. "Mr Wayne? Mr Wayne?" Clark called out to the returned billionaire getting his attention. "Clark Kent, Daily Planet" 

"Uh my foundation has already issued a statement in support of uh books" he must've said the first word that came to mind. As the two discussed, (Y/N) saw the same woman from before, journeying deeper into the Luthor mansion. 

"What's your position on the Bat vigilante in Gotham?" Clark asked Bruce, with this dragging (Y/N)s attention back to the concverstagtion. 

"Daily Planet" Bruce mused. "Do I own this one? Or is that the other guy?" 

"Civil liberties are being trampled on in your city. Good people are living in fear" 

"Don't believe everything you hear son" Bruce shot back. 

"I've seen it Mr Wayne. He thinks he's above the law" Clark pressed. (Y/N) was slightly lost at the conversation, although given what he heard through the speech, and Clark's tone of voice, he was beginning to piece everything together. 

"The Daily Planet criticising those who think they're above the law is a little hypocritical wouldn't you say?" Bruce retorted. "Considering every time your hero saves a cat out of a tree, you write a puff piece editorial about an alien who, if he wanted to, could burn the whole place down. And there's another one still out there-" for the briefest moment, the fraction of a second, (Y/N) swore Bruce Wayne looked at him sending shivers to his core. "-There wouldn't be a damn thing we could do to stop either of them".

(Y/N) was shook, his breathing quickened, although he did his best to maintain composure as his grip tightened around the camera. 

"Most of the world doesn't share your opinion, Mr Wayne" Clark shot back, looking at (Y/N) and knowing the fear he was feeling. 

"Maybe it's the Gotham City in me. We have a bad history with freaks dressed like clowns, and metal wearing monsters" Bruce argued, both men holding a stare at one another. 

"BOYS" a clap was then heard from the one and only Lex Luthor. "Bruce Wayne, meets Clark Kent, I love it, I love bringing people together" he attention was then on (Y/N). "And who is this fine strapping lad?" he asked offering his hand out. 

"Oh um" (Y/N) had to think for the briefest moment. "(Y/N) Kent, Sir" he said, accidentally adding the sir in his nervous shaking his hand. 

"Oh another Kent, I like it family business and all. Who doesn't love working with their family? Please drop the sir, that was my father" Lex replied with a lot of energy, quickly shaking Clark's hand. "Oh those are some mighty strong grips there on the Kent brothers, I would not want to start a fight with these gentlemen" Lex and Bruce began to converse about business, and Clark turned to (Y/N). 

"Go enjoy yourself" he said with a smile, but before (Y/N) could venture and see what this party had to offer Lex called out. 

"Oh before you journey off Young Kent, I must ask you take a photo of me with Bruce. So I can have photo evidence he leaves Gotham" Lex said with a smile, and (Y/N) looked to Clark who gave a small nod. As both billionaires flashed the camera smiles, (Y/N) felt nervous as his finger on the button shaking as he slowly squeezed down on it. Neither man flinched, and (Y/N) looked at the digital photo, with it actually coming out not too bad. 

"Ah thank you (Y/N) Kent, I expect to see that in the morning paper" Lex smiled as a woman came up behind him and began whispering in his ear. 

"You know" Bruce started. "If the Daily Planet is gonna hire freelancers, they should hire ones who know how to probably hold a camera sometimes" he made a quick insult as Bruce journeyed into the party, and Lex waving goodbye also. 

"Well that was-" before (Y/N) could be negative Clark cut him off. 

"You did great" he said straight away. 

"But I-"

"(Y/N), it's okay to be nervous. Back when I first started doing this I struggled to ask two questions to an old lady who's cat was missing, let alone take a picture and talk to Lex Luthor of all people" Clark placed a hand on (Y/N)'s shoulder. "You did great" he repeated making (Y/N) smile. "Now go enjoy yourself, I need to speak to some senators about their opinions on tonight" he said, catching one out of the corner of his eye. 

(Y/N) was left to wander the event, in almost amazement as Lex Luthor seemed to collect art and artefacts. The food here, while limited was still a joy. (Y/N) had managed to try, what they called an 'olive' which was delicious. One of the first things (Y/N) did was make his way towards the open bar, which didn't seem to be all too busy considering it was free. It was makeshift, clearly brought in, but had enough bottles on display. 

"For you sir?" the kind bartender asked to a overwhelmed (Y/N). 

For a moment he had to think of all the earthly phrases he had heard over the past 2 years. All the bar episodes of tv shows, all the types Martha poured herself a drink and he opened his mouth to speak. "Scotch on the rocks please" he answered smoothly while taking in a breath in through his nose. The bartender gave a small nod and turned around, fetching an empty and a bottle of Johnnie Walker Black Label. Two quite large ice cubes were placed into the glass, and what they called a 'double' was poured into the glass, the liquid a colour similar to that of honey. 

"Enjoy sir" the bartender said, sliding the glass to (Y/N) who inspected the glass by picking it up and giving it a small sniff. The aroma was strong, giving off the sense of a luxurious liquid, it was grainy, fruity, all combined with an undertone of caramel. Shrugging his shoulders, (Y/N) brought the liquid to his mouth and gave it a small sip. The first thing that came to (Y/N)'s mind as he tasted the alcohol was how smooth it tasted. The previously smelt flavours were all mellowed and amplified and all hit simultaneously. Pulling the glass back, (Y/N) shook his head head as the taste of alcohol hit his system. 

"So this is alcohol?" (Y/N) said, swirling the glass around and watching the liquid do the same. "Huh?" he added and journeying to explore the Luthor party more.

One thing (Y/N) felt himself, almost drawn to is one of the many showcase glasses holding artefacts scattered around the mansion which were free for people to inspect. While no one was at this particular one, it shimmered and shined in a way (Y/N) had not seen before, except on Krypton. Taking a step closer, (Y/N) noted it was meteor with metal ore attached to it. While the ore was unrefined, it still shined like nothing (Y/N) had seen on Earth before. 

"It's fascinating isn't it?" a female voice asked, as (Y/N) turned around he grew a slight blush. As it was the woman from before, and up close she was quite beautiful. 

"I'm sorry?" (Y/N) asked, completely loosing his train of thought causing the woman to smile. 

"The metal" she explained, doing (Y/N)'s side looking down at the strange metal. "They say that the metal fell from the stars, and even the Egyptians used it for healing purposes" the mysterious woman explained as she too looked curiously at the ore. 

"Fascinating" (Y/N) said, as Earth's history was something he has always donut interesting. "What do they call it?".

"Nth metal" the woman answered, as she took a small swig of the champagne she held in her left hand. 

"You seem to know quite a bit about this metal" (Y/N) gave a smile, managing to turn away from the metal to look at the woman. "One would you're a bit of a-"

"Historian?" she finished. "Sort of one could say, I'm a curator at the Louvre Museum in France" the woman answered. "It is part of my job to know these things". 

"France? That's quite a long way away" (Y/N) said trying to think of things to say, all the conversations he had with himself in the mirror quickly vanishing from memory. "Didn't know so many cared for the Metropolis library". 

"I'm all for helping those in need" the woman said. "I was hoping to find a unique item in Mr Luthor's collection, sadly it appears he doesn't have it" she explained almost sanded. 

"Oh" (Y/N) said, feeling a bit awkward as he didn't know what to say at this point. "Well I hope you find what you're looking for, Miss?" he asked in a way in hopes of getting her name. 

"Prince" she answered smoothly and elegantly. "Diana Prince" she said beginning to turn away as her search for the item had proven fruitless. "Lovelily to have met you" she said in a way to get his name once again. 

"Oh" (Y/N) said surprised at she would actually want his name as well. "Kent, sorry, (Y/N) Kent" he said almost stumbling over his own words. 

"Lovely to have met you (Y/N)" she repeated once again. 

"Same to you Diana, I hope you find what you're looking for" he told her with a nod. 

"I hope you have a pleasant evening" Diana said with a smile and left. Out of the corner of his eye (Y/N) saw that Bruce Wayne was hurrying out of the crowed, seemingly trying to catch the leaving Diana, but judging by his speed and Diana's he wouldn't catch her. 

But after that conversation (Y/N) felt incredibly nervous and sighed taking a drink from the alcohol, feeling as if was gonna pass out. "The sun has been looking quite red recently" he said out loud, and about 30 seconds later Clark came around the corner looking concerned. 

"Everything okay?" he asked.

"Yeah" (Y/N) said his voice still a little shaky, "Yeah" he repeated finishing off the whiskey. "I just uh, I just talked to someone and uh-"

"Did they say anything to offend to you? Are you okay?" Clark asked shifting in tone ready to defend (Y/N). 

"I'm fine, well um, it was a woman and she was really beau-" before (Y/N) could finish Clark began chuckling to out loud and patting (Y/N) on the shoulder. 

"Let me guess? You didn't know what to say?" Clark asked knowing exactly the situation (Y/N) was just in. 

"Yeah, is that normal?" (Y/N) asked as the two left the area with the contained artefacts. 

"Completely" Clark said. "In cases like that, the mind tends to switch itself off" he joked.

"Wish it wouldn't do that" (Y/N) breathed out. 

Suddenly Clark's news alert went off on his phone, a disaster was taking place in Mexico as a fire was out of control raging from building to building. 

"Sorry (Y/N), I have to go" Clark said beginning to leave the fundraiser event. "Are you okay to get back to the farm by yourself?" 

"Yeah" (Y/N) answered bluntly. "I'll just walk part of the way, then I'll....." he didn't have to finish his sentence as Clark knew what he meant. With the experienced hero leaving to save the day once again. 

(Y/N) hung around the party for another hour or so. Enjoying another glass of whiskey and taking an interest in the art, artefacts or even just listening on some conversations. As humans would seem to talk about anything with one another, even more private things were talked about in public. As (Y/N) placed his second glass down and prepared to make his leave, he failed to notice Lex Luthor starring at (Y/N) through the crowed, a devilish smirk on his face. 

Author's Note

Glad you all enjoyed this chapter, sorry it took so long had some essays and University work to do

See you Next Time 

Pokračovat ve čtení

Mohlo by se ti líbit

1.3K 70 4
When one of the greatest heroes on Earth, loses the only person he cared for in the world, after losing so much, his family, friends and now his supp...
116 22 23
Earth-2023 was born in the aftermath of the Dark Crisis on Infinite Earths. The multiverse had been saved, but at great cost. Many worlds had been lo...
2.6K 58 14
[Batfam and The Justice League and Female OC and Damian Wayne x OC] Carmen Tetch was stolen from her life at an age far too young. It was all Talia A...
27.6K 269 35
A few hours. It only took a few hours for our greatest ally to become our greatest threat. On a normal day like any other, The Joker once again break...