When Stars Align {Regulus x R...

By madsss412

Y/n Potter, the twin sister of James, has always been seen by Hogwarts as 'the fifth marauder.' As the well k... More

Welcome
Introductions (Major Characters only)
I
II
IV
V
VI
VII
VIII
IX
X
XI
XII
XIII
XIV
XV
XVI

III

402 12 34
By madsss412

"Black!" I yell as I trying to catch up to him. No response "Regulus!" Still nothing, and before I know it he's turning into the potions classroom. Perfect we have the same class.

I walk in calmly as if I wasn't just chasing a kid through the halls. "Ms. Potter! Welcome back." Slughorn says in a confused tone when he notices my green tie. I just grin and nod. Within the next few minutes more and more kids file into the classroom, Remus and Lils included, all standing awkwardly by the door.

"Ok everyone so were going to be putting a seating chart in position, and I am not going to tolerate any complaints made about your partner what so ever." I look at Moony who is standing next to myself, hoping to be partnered with him.

He announces a few groups leaving Lily, Remus, Regulus, and myself to be the last standing.

"Potter and Black." He points to a desk towards the back. "You lot will be here." Remus looks at me sympathetically. Fan fuckin tastic.

Annoyed, I lag my way over to the desk as Lilly and Remus make their way to the last remaining table.

I sit crossing my arms and slouching in my chair. "Nice tie Potter." I look up to see Regulus smirking as he looks to the front of the room.

"Nice robes Black." I mimic his tone of voice. "Now give me my tie back." I demand.

He looks over to me as Slughorn begins the lesson. "what's the magic word?" He asks, still smirking.

"Now give me my tie back PLEASE." I rephrase. "Only if you change my robes back." He whispers looking back to the front.

"Fine." I pull out my wand and change his robes back into their original form. "And the ones in my closet?" He questions looking down at himself pleased. "Regulus I dont fucking know why don't you just change them back."
"Mmmm no. Come to my dorm after dinner tonight and we will figure it out from there." I nod.

He looks down again and brushes off his clothes as if getting rid of dust. I look at him waiting. "What?" he asks.

"Seriously?" I scoff.

"Thank you?" He says in more of a question than a statement.

I roll my eyes. "My tie dumbass."

"Oh. You really thought I would just give it back to you?" He laughs a bit. My jaw drops in offense.

"Black, Potter this is your first and last warning. Stop gossiping please." Slughorn announces causing everyone to look back at us. We both nod.

"look. I'll give it back to you tonight ok. Don't go get all butt hurt." his voices lowers a bit so we don't get in trouble again.

"So you expect me to just wear the wrong attire all day then?" I question.

"Mhm. You started this war, so you're going to have to pay and it's not going to be simple Potter." He mumbles as he takes note on whatever Slughorn just said.

"Fine. Have it your way then." I whisper to myself.

"Black, Potter. I thought I told you to stop talking?" Slughorn is obviously annoyed now.

"Sorry professor, it won't happen again." Regulus says plainly.

"It better not. Or you're going to have detention." He turns back around and continues our lesson.

Throughout the day I got many confused looks, probably to do with my tie, but besides that the rest of classes were fine.

It is currently close to 11 pm and I am sitting in my dorm just reading when I hear a faint scratch on the window next to my head.

Startled, I turn around and see my grey owl Storm there with a letter. "Who the hell is writing rn?" I ask out loud to myself.

I take the letter and give Storm a treat before opening it.

Potter,
Come to my dorm at 11:15 don't be late. I presume you remember the way.
                                                               R.A.B

"I guess I'm off then." I say, again, to myself.

Storm flies off and I close the window. As I'm leaving I run into Sirius and Remus in the common room.

"Where are you off to so late?"  Sirius asks.

"I'm getting my tie back from your brother actually." I cross my arms.

"Oooohh. Where are you meeting him?" He investigates more.

Rolling my eyes I hand him the letter that is still in my hands. He scans the short amount of text, Moony reading over his shoulder. "Invited to his dorm huh?" The two smirk at each other.

"For Merlin's sake Sirius what did you tell him?" I sigh questioning what his little boyfriend knows.

"Oh you know... only everything...." Remus answers for him.

"Whatever I have to go." I begin to walk towards the portrait. Right when I was about to step through I hear Sirius yell "MAKE SURE TO USE PROTECTION!!" I just flip him off and keep walking.

On my way to the dungeons I smoke a cigarette and get lost in thought. Before I knew it I was in the hallway staring, yet again, at the door of Regulus Black.

Knock Knock Knock

He opened the door slowly and just looked down at me. "Are you going to let me in or just keep staring?" I state, he moves to the side insinuating for me to come in.

I walk into the room and take a look around again. It was cleaner this time.

"Wow you actually cleaned." I joked, he grinned.

"You want some tea?" He asked pointing to the seating area where there was a steaming kettle.

"Black I'm just here to get my tie back and change your shit to normal."

"Oh come on can we just be friendly for like 10 minutes over a cup of tea?" I look at him suspiciously as he sits on the leather chair.

"Why are you being nice?" I go over and sit on the matching sofa as he hands me a cup, already poured. I look at it carefully and take a small sip. Tastes fine to me.

"Because, I just want to get to know you. You are one of my brothers best friends after all." He shrugs taking a sip of his own tea. Am I high or something what is happening.

"I guess that's true. So what do you want to know?" I sigh.

"Let's start with this. Why do you hate me?" He looks me dead in the eyes, almost sadly?

"I don't hate you per se, I just find you annoying and oddly attractive so it's fun to mess with you." I jump back at my own words. Why did I just say that?

"Wait did you just call me attractive?" He asks with a huge smirk plastered across his face.

no. "Yes."

"Ok then. You can ask a question I guess while I think." He responds still smirking.

"Uumm." I thought to myself, the first question to pop into mind was spat out, "are you seeing anyone?" I ask. Ok what is going on?

"Not seriously no. I do have quite a few... let's say 'meetings' though." He chuckles. Ew. "My turn" he continues. "Why do you get so quiet and zone out sometimes?" huge question.

"Um well... growing up, James and I went through quiet a lot. Our mum drinks quite often and that quickly turns into arguments with our father." I take a deep breath. "Some times it gets violent. Most of the time towards father and I. Almost never  James. When I zone out I'm usually stuck in my head or having silent panic attacks. I get some pretty bad flashbacks too when I hear yelling." I begin to tear up.

He looks at me like he feels bad and comes to sit next to me. I was staring into the fire and took another sip of tea as I sobbed at the memories flooding in my head.

He took the tea from me and set it down, then grabbed my chin turning my head to look at him. He looked in my eyes and said "you're not alone in that." I just stared in response, getting lost in his grey eyes. Then it hit me.

"Regulus." I sniffle and he raises his eyebrows in question. "Why am I telling you all of this?"

He lets out a breath he seemed to be holding for quite some time. "I put veritaserum in your tea." I look at him like he's a mad man, tears welling up in my eyes once again. "It was supposed to be a joke. Now I just feel like a dick." He sits back and shoves his face into his palms. I just stare into the fire once again. Crying in silence.

Suddenly I felt a pair of arms wrap around my body. I turn to look at the boy. "I'm sorry." He let's go, I notice he too has tears forming in his eyes. Instantly feeling bad, I hug him. Hesitantly he hugs back.

The smell of his cologne takes over my senses and I close my eyes laying my head on his chest. Letting the tears fall.

"I'm sorry for going soft." I say looking back up to him, still wrapped in his arms and he in mine.

"Here's your tie." He pulls it out of his pocket and hands it to me and I take his off and hand it to him. "You can go now." He looks out the window, now avoiding any contact with me.

"I would rather not..." I say in a softer tone. He just shakes his head.

"I'm supposed to hate you Y/n." He looks at me his face filled with confusion and stress. "I can't let myself get like this around you." He points to his glossy eyes.

"Regulus come here." I stand up and put out my hand for him to take. Hesitantly, he takes it and I pull him out onto his balcony. I point to the sky. "See those?"

"The stars?" He sounds very confused.

"Yes tHe sTarS." I mock, "I was raised with the story that the universe has a reason for everything. The stars are in a jumble most of the time, but when stars align in just the right way, things will change forever, either in a good or bad way." I light a cigarette and take a puff. "When one passes on, they become one of those stars and changes everyone else's life for worse or for better. That just depends on how you view the ways of the universe." I lean on the railing and just look up.

"Do you really believe that?" He asks in almost a whisper, arms crossed, also looking up.

"I do. I've always found your family very unique for being named after constellations." He looks at me confused. "Why's that?" He asks. "Because that becomes a direct relationship with stars. Sirius is one of my best friends as you know, and I already know when he passes, if it's before me of course, he will be one of my good stars. As for you" I press my pointer finger into his chest. "I have an annoyance with your presence sometimes, and I love being your 'enemy' don't get me wrong, but I can't tell if you're going to be one of my good or bad stars." I admit this whole heartedly.

He just looks at me with a smirk again. "What're you smirking at?" I take another drag off my cigarette.

"No reason. I guess I'm just shocked you think I'd be a good star in this scenario." I scoff at this.

"You're a dick head you know that?" I respond.

"I do know that thank you very much." We walk back inside and I make my way to the door.

"Y/n." I turn around. "Don't you dare tell a single soul about this you hear me? I still hate you." He spits. I laugh at this quietly.

"Of course your highness." I joke "goodnight Black."

"Goodnight Potter."

I then walk back to the Gryffindor common room, not seeing anyone I care about, I go straight to bed.

Today was an emotional roller coaster.
........
2025 words

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

229K 10.4K 121
Regulus Black, the youngest of the two Black brothers, raised to believe in blood-supremacy and follow their parents without question. When Sirius Bl...
74.3K 2.3K 25
❝𝐚𝐫𝐞𝐧'𝐭 𝐰𝐞 𝐚𝐥𝐥 𝐬𝐢𝐧𝐧𝐞𝐫𝐬?❞ -𝒓.𝒂.𝒃. ➝ In a world of shadows and secrets 𝙍𝙤𝙭𝙖𝙣𝙣𝙚...
94.5K 1.5K 57
Annabelle Potter Younger sister of James Potter shared lots of traits with her brother like her love for Quidditch and Pranks. But she hated being co...
306K 6.1K 35
This is the story of y/n lupin. Twin sister of Remus lupin. Ever since she started at Hogwarts she has had a major crush on James potter. Does sh...