𝐆𝐎𝐃 𝐂𝐎𝐌𝐏𝐋𝐄𝐗, chains...

By soulatire

sorry, too, for letting you name the lamb / before i slit its throat. Chainsaw Man / Hayakawa Aki ... More

suffering feels religious if you do it right.
epigraph
00. genesis
Act One / the book of revelations.
02. conversations between two graves
03. the sword that became human
04. between these four walls
05. birth place of primal fear
06. all paths lead to home
07. the prey & the predator
08. paradise lost & paradise found
09. the hunt begins
10. a game of truth & lies

01. time is a man long dead

591 32 13
By soulatire

₊˚. God Complex
CHAPTER ONE:
( time is a man long dead. )

"i am dirty, infinitely dirty, this is
why i scream so much about purity."

Time was unforgiving.

Rika Seira does not ever remember a time that was forgiving.

She could write the contract between her and the divine swimming in her soul like a pool under the Pro's of time, but that would be taking a look at the smaller picture, because the big picture was unforgiving. The big picture was her truth. What followed after making that contract was a vast knowledge of everything, the sight of seeing the world created, the sight of watching humanity fall, the sight of wars with petty resolutions, the sight of death taking souls with unforgiving hands, the sight of the first devil clawing its way from the fiery depths of hell. The sight and knowledge of everything had hurt, like Icarus falling to the harsh reality as a consequence for his greed to reach for the sun.

Rika Seira had clutched her dreams with greedy hands, but she did not dwell on such a demon of the mind, for paying it any attention would be her harsh fall to reality.

In clutching her dream, or idealistic view, blossomed a weed that infected the core of Seira's mind and soul. This weed took the form of pride, and later took the title of god complex. Such a weed grew and grew without any acknowledgement, just how time passes by without a second glance.

Time was unforgiving.

Rika Seira had bathed in her freedom as if it were a pool of eternal youth. She danced bare in such a luxury as if it were the garden of eden. The pursuit for freedom in the beginning was mankind's downfall, but Seira's freedom lived in mankind's abandonment of the garden.

Freedom was short lived however.

It was in the moment that Seira felt complete when her dream was gripped harshly out of her hands by another woman of her stature. A woman who had an over grown god complex growing inside of her that had ripped Seira out of her daydream. Makima was the bane of Seira's existence the moment they crossed paths.

She remembers vividly how Makima had commented that Seira had no scent, and when Seira had turned to meet the red headed woman's gaze all was revealed to Seira when golden spiral irises clashed with silver orbs of eternity. She remembers vividly how Seira had wanted to kill the control devil right then and there, but was forced not too by her own devil hiding within her husk of flesh. She remembers vividly how Makima had told her to make a contract with her, and Seira's blunt refusal had riddled the woman's manipulative facade into one of true shock and fear. She remembers vividly how Makima had offered her a job as a Public Safety Devil Hunter, and Seira agreeing because the god devil had told her so.

Seira and Makima are two hounds locked in a battle to the death, or maybe they are snakes eating at the others tail end until they reach the others head, she does not know, and she does not care. She loathed and seethed at the chains Makima tried to wrap around her body like slithering snakes, and she cut each one down like a wood cutter in a forest of his favorite pine. Makima's chains meant freedom would become yet another distant dream for Seira, and she refused to go back to such dark and desolate days. So, she created a false facade for Makima, one that gave Makima the usefulness she seeks in Seira, but also allows the starlight blonde woman let her alter ego know who was the dominant one in their locked cage of animosity.

Time is unforgiving.

Seira did not like the hypocrisy that overflowed Makima's office. On occasions time seemed like it did not exist between the confines of the four walls that housed the control devil, and Seira often concluded it to be the closest form of torture Makima could inflict on her. Other days time seemed too quickly for the blonde haired woman, like a tornado changing its course of destruction, you could never prepare. Seira had wished today would have been one where day and night came in the blink of an eye, and yet the seconds drew out like an echo.

Makima could command the temperature of the office with a few simple words, and Seira did not like that kind of power. Her few words she ever let slip past her pink lips made the room feel hot with fog, and Seira did not care for the humidity that left her throat clogged. The silence was more unbearable, and it left the confines feeling almost barren. Makima's silence spoke louder than her words though, like rain on a winters day, it left you soaked and shivering for shelter.

The only thing that ever stayed the same in the wooden office was tension, the kind that you could almost cut if it ever became tangible.

"I know our agreement in the beginning was that you would be a solo hunter, but circumstances have changed," Makima paused, as if waiting for Seira to become a defiant dog, but Seira allowed her supervisor to continue, "there's been a boy who I think would thrive under your guidance, so I am making you two buddies."

Before Seira could oppose Makima's wishes the door to the office (or cage) opened an in stepped her new buddy. The boy wore a formal work suit, like a knights polished armor. His posture was rigid and strict, and she did not care for the solemn and empty greying eyes that soiled his face. His blue almost black hair left him unattractive to Seira's eyes. The katana hanging next to his hip was intimidating, and the history behind it and its forger made the curly blonde headed woman cringe in disgust. His soul was what really caught Seira's attention though, for vengeance and wisdom beyond its years were locked in an eternal feud with one another.

"Rika Seira, this is Hayakawa Aki."

"Pleased to meet you, Miss Rika," Aki spoke in a monotone voice, his right hand extended out towards his new mentor.

Seira disregarded the boys advance to show respect towards her, for she did not like the way he reeked of death. She pivoted around to meet Makima's facade of smiles and empty eyes. "Miss Makima, I mean no disrespect, but I do not think it is wise to bring along a boy with little experience onto my missions," Seira finally spoke her concerns.

"How about this, Seira, do me this favor and when you need a favor I will grant it with no questions asked," Makima spoke and Seira could practically see the chain slithering towards her.

"Agree to the conditions," the rumbling of the God devil's voice felt like thunder in her mind.

"Fine," was all Seira could seethe towards the red headed woman.

"Please, do try to get along with one another," Makima's voice felt like smoke in the air, and left Seira wanting to gag and cough at the polluted air.

Seira turned back to her buddy, Aki Hayakawa, and when her silver eyes of wisdom met his death filled orbs all was yet again revealed to her.

Time was unforgiving.

And Aki Hayakawa was a dead man running out of time.

( WORD COUNT ) 1248
—— unedited

ALREADY BACK WITH ANOTHER UPDATE! not really sure how i feel about this chapter, but i'll go back and change stuff later because the motivation has dropped to an all time low after this chapter. also, i added a playlist link for those who want a playlist for this book. anyways, thank you for reading, and don't forget to comment, vote, and share. as always, i love you, my lovely little souls.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

31.4K 1K 17
" I'm so fucking hungry..." Private devil hunter (Name)(L.Name) is forced to work with public safety officers for the good of all humanity. With the...
144K 5.3K 40
𝘚𝘰𝘮𝘦𝘵𝘪𝘮𝘦𝘴 𝘸𝘩𝘦𝘯 𝘐 𝘥𝘳𝘦𝘢𝘮, 𝘐 𝘴𝘦𝘦 𝘵𝘩𝘪𝘴 𝘨𝘪𝘳𝘭 𝘴𝘵𝘢𝘳𝘪𝘯𝘨 𝘢𝘵 𝘮𝘦. 𝘚𝘮𝘪𝘭𝘪𝘯𝘨 𝘢𝘵 𝘮𝘦. 𝘎𝘪𝘨𝘨𝘭𝘪𝘯𝘨, 𝘭𝘢𝘶𝘨...
29.6K 907 29
‡ 𝘚𝘢𝘺 𝘺𝘦𝘴 𝘵𝘰 𝘩𝘦𝘢𝘷𝘦𝘯 𝖲𝖺𝗒 𝗒𝖾𝗌 𝗍𝗈 𝗆𝖾 𝖨𝖿 𝗒𝗈𝗎 𝗀𝗈, 𝖨'𝗅𝗅 𝗌𝗍𝖺𝗒 𝖸𝗈𝗎 𝖼𝗈𝗆𝖾 𝖻𝖺𝖼𝗄, 𝖨'𝗅𝗅 𝖻𝖾 𝗋𝗂𝗀𝗁𝗍 𝗁𝖾�...
3.7K 122 10
Hayakawa (Y/n) is the twin sister of Hayakawa Aki, but ever since that day when the Gun Devil attacked, they were seperated, not even knowing if eith...