Being The Player's Neighbour

Door avanigalande

I watched his full lips turn up into a smirk and in that moment my heart stopped beating, my mind stopped thi... Meer

Chapter 1 - The First Encounter
Chapter 2 - I'm Not Really A Coldhearted Jerk
Chapter 3 - Moment Of Weakness
Chapter 4 - But I Don't Want To Look 'Fab'!
Chapter 5 - Why Do You Turn Up Everywhere I Go?
Chapter 6 - Beat Him At His Own Game
Chapter 8 - No Scowling, No Smirking. Just Smile
Chapter 9 - Jealousy, Ice Cream And Godzilla's Pink Tutu
Chapter 10 - Zeus' Bolt Super-Glued To My Fingers
Chapter 11 - The First Date
Chapter 12 - The Mindless, Irresponsible Decision
Chapter 13 - Battle Of Morality
Chapter 14 - You Had Me At The Punch
Chapter 15 - Suspicious Roses And COD
Chapter 16 - Never Too Early For Love
Chapter 17 - Meeting The Friends...And The Enemies.
Chapter 18 [Part 1] - Penguin And Gunny Bag
Chapter 18 [Part 2] - Prom Does Wonders For Manners
Chapter 19 - All Grown Up Now
Chapter 20 - Soapy Math And Salty Tears
Chapter 21 - Life Isn't A Movie
Chapter 22 - Moving On
Chapter 23 - That's Some Serious Poetic Shit
Epilogue
The Last Words - Author's Note
Questions & Answers? o.o
Q & A
2019 Update

Chapter 7 - Payback's A Bitch

512K 17.4K 1.6K
Door avanigalande

I woke up to the sound of Shanaya groaning and running to the bathroom. I'd seen this happen quite a few times before, so I wasn't worried and a few minutes later when she came out complaining about an exploding pain in her skull, I didn't care much to move.

I was too sleepy to deal with her 'after-party' antics. Besides, I never really understood why people voluntarily chose to get drunk when they knew that a pounding headache and a crappy mood were going to follow. It made me very glad that I had been sensible enough not to do anything crazy at the party yesterday.

Oh boy! The party yesterday...

I sat up straight — all the grogginess suddenly gone — as the events of the previous night flooded back into my mind.

Yes. I would definitely have to do something drastic if I wanted to get revenge on Aaron. But what could I do that would catch a guy like him off guard? I mean, I wasn't that pretty so I couldn't use my looks to charm him. And I wasn't the sassy, 'playfully teasing' kind either.

At that moment, my stomach grumbled loudly, reminding me that my superior revenge plot would have to wait until after breakfast.

~*~

Since there was no school today, I was going to have to carry out my plan elsewhere, which was obviously going to add a layer of difficulty since I'd actually have to get him to go somewhere. But other than that, the plan was simple: I was going to do the exact same thing to Aaron that he had done to me. I was going to tease him into wanting me.

Okay. Easier said than done.
I never had been the kinky one and he wasn't stupid. He would know something was up if I randomly started hitting on him.
After a lot of debating with myself, I finally went with what seemed like the easiest option— I texted him.

We need to talk about yesterday.

He replied a few minutes later.

Nothin 2 talk bout

I wasn't going to give up so easily this time. I texted him back and left no room for an argument.

Meet me in the alley behind school in 15 mins.

I pressed send, hoping he would fall for the 'we need to talk' ruse and went to my closet to search for the appropriate attire. I didn't have any clothes that suited what I was about to do, so I started rummaging through Shanaya's. I tried on a pairing I thought might work, and went to take a peek at myself in the mirror.

The girl I saw looking back at me was wearing shorts— really short shorts — and a dark plaid shirt with quite a few buttons undone, paired with tall platform lace-up boots.

God, I looked perfectly slutty.
I was so incredibly uncomfortable with myself...I didn't usually have the confidence to pull off such outfits, but I knew it was just what I needed. I had no other choice. If I was going to do this, I had to go all in.

With a renewed spring in my step, I started walking towards the school. I had told Aaron to meet me in the alley because it was always deserted and mostly because that was the first place that had come to mind. I wasn't sure if he would even show up.

As more minutes passed, my nerves started to get the better of me.
Who was I kidding? I was the good girl. I wasn't built for these kinds of games! What if he never showed? And even if he did turn up, what was I going to do?

You are going to show him that even you can drive him crazy, a little voice in my head said.

Yes! That was what I was going to do. I was going to show that arrogant ass that he wouldn't get his way every time. He wasn't the boss of me. I was going to-

"Well, well. Hello to the good girl: second edition! I never imagined you...like this. "

And that was it. Seeing his cocky smirk, all my nervousness melted away. In its place, I found courage and confidence that I never knew I had.
Classic 'good girl Avery' would have taken one look at Aaron and melted into the pavement right there, but she wasn't here. I was here instead and I wanted revenge.

Tossing away all my inhibitions, I scrunched up the soft fabric of his shirt between my fingers and pulled him closer to me.
His expression went from amused to startled within a split second, only to be replaced by a look of pure desire. His eyes darkened and I could see the lust burning in them.

As I ran my finger down his chest, he let out a low growl and gripped my waist. When he pulled me closer I let my hands tangle in his hair, slowly biting my lip and giving him a smile. I stood on my tip toes; our lips so close to brushing against each other, I could feel his cool breath mingling with my own.

"Stop teasing, Avery." He pleaded in a husky voice. His eyes had glazed over and he dipped his head lower.
Right before our lips connected, I turned my head slightly, whispering in his ear.

"Payback's a bitch."

I slipped out of his arms and gave him a smirk before walking away.

He was standing in that alley with an expression so dumbfounded it made me feel like I had just won a million dollars.

------------------------------------------

Author's Note: She did it :D Go, Avery!

Fun, don't you think? ;)

Sorry that it's so short and maybe not as good as it could've bern, but I really was 'in the zone' for uploading today xP

Song: Say Something by Austine Mahone

Don't forget to tell me what's on your mind.
And how you feel about this epic 'stand up to Aaron' chapter? ^^

xoxo
~ Av ~

Ga verder met lezen

Dit interesseert je vast

12.9K 410 27
"I know what I'm going to do" I said as soon as we arrived into her room. She shut the door and looked at me, determination in her eyes, "yes, we wil...
235 31 16
€£¥ "The world isn't all sunshine and rainbows, princess." He growls at me and then spits on the ground revealing blood. What is that supposed...
169K 2.7K 11
She was good He was bad She cared what people think He cared less what people think She was his weakness He was her strength When they meet each oth...
199K 4.8K 23
I heard you're a player. So let's play a game. Let's sweet talk. Let's play fight. Let's talk 24/7. Let's tell each other good morning and good nig...