The Invitation

By VICMAD

Copyright © 2015 by VICMAD -All rights reserved. This book or any portion thereof may not be reproduced or us... More

The Invitation
1~ The Beginning
2~ Sick of Fighting
3 ~ A New Day
4~ Mama Deb
5~ Vexation
6~ Hallelujah
7~ Let The Battle Begin
8~ Moving
9~ Party Time
10~ Hold Up
11~ Graduation
12~ Scheming
13 ~ Reverie
14 ~ Surprise!
15 ~ WTF
16 ~ Staking Her Claim
17 ~ Not Easily Fixed
18 ~ The Calm Before The Storm
19 ~ I've Had Enough
20 ~ The Drama is Real
21 ~ Help
22 ~ The Devil in Disguise
23 ~ Changes
25 ~ Strangers
26 ~ Fate
27 ~ Hello
28 ~ Familiarity
29 ~ Discoveries
30 ~ Blackmail
31 ~ Lies
32 ~ Family
33 ~ Starting Over...Again
34 ~ The Visitor
35 ~ Distraction
36 ~ New York New York
37 ~ Who Are You?
38 ~ Memories...Activated
39 ~ Hurting
40~ Why?
41 ~ Through Hurt and Pain, I Smile
42 ~ The Tables Turn
43 ~ Never the Right Time
44 ~ Mending
45 ~ From Old Memories...To Making New Ones
46 ~ Can't Help Falling In Love With You
47 ~ Heart to Heart
48 ~ Imma About to Whoop That...
49 ~ Too Much Too Soon
50 ~ New Prospectives
51 ~ Time to Take Control
52 ~ Oh No!!!
53 ~ Breathe Again
54 ~ Choices

24 - Time Goes On

13.3K 673 224
By VICMAD

6 months later

"I don't want you to have any regrets. I love you enough to never want to see you hurt and disappointed. We have plenty of time to commit to this."

"Why is it every time I'm ready, you turn me down? Wait...did you say you love me?"

"Yes and falling for you hard."

"Then why don't you show me."

"Perfect," he said slowly peeling the nightie off of me. He tossed it to the other side of the room and he pulled me down to him. Wasting no time he kissed me in between my legs until he stopped right at the juncture of my thighs.

I felt his hot breath as I raised up and his eyes met mine. He slowly lowered his head and my back arched off the bed. Tonight felt different from the last time. I wanted this and within seconds I felt wetness between my legs.

I gripped the sheets and my breath got caught in my throat. My body withered but not before my legs were tightly wrapped around his neck. My body floated and twisted until I leaned forward and I grabbed the side of his head.

My voice was clipped from my throat and my eyes watered. I felt fingers working my core while he kissed his way back up. He rolled me back to my side continuing to work his other hand between my legs.

I licked my lips. It felt so so good. My body rocked against his and soon I felt something tearing away.

"Please," I almost said begging. He rolled over for just a moment and was now looking down at me.

"Just breath. We will take this slow, we don't have to rush," he said with gentle eyes.

I nodded and soon after I felt him deep inside. I breathed just like he said and soon he completely filled me. The pain was massive but soon after it slowly passed as he kissed me. All doubt went out the window as he intertwined our fingers. Moments later we found our rhythm and he didn't disappoint.

I was no longer that girl standing in the wind waiting for her dream guy to come because in this moment he was the One. This visceral feeling came over me causing my breath to hitch. My eyes watched as the lump in his throat move back and forth. His eyes stared down at me and in that very moment we both exploded. Our voices became one and sheen formed across our bodies.

He began to breath hard. Our palms became sweaty and with one final thrust we both succumbed to our inter-pleasures. He released me but pulled me in his arms. It didn't take long before we had fallen to sleep.

I woke up in a panic. The dream left me sweaty and grabbing my heart. All I could remember was his eyes, his words, his touches. I could see those starry eyes of discretionary intentions just staring back at me causing me to cry. Wiping the tears away I gripped the side of the bed trying to calm myself down. After a few moments I cleared my throat taking a deep breath.

I got out of the bed walking to the kitchen to get a drink of water. Leaning on the cabinet I watched the moon glowing in the darkness outside the window. It was quiet as I was trying to free my mind.

That quietness was no longer when the light came on.

"Bad dream?"

"Yes it's starting to come like clock worth. Around this time every night I'm awake. Flashes of broken memories play fast-forward and I can't slow them down to piece them together."

"I'm sure it's because you have a lot on your mind. I mean after all you are carrying a baby," Sara said.

"True, I'm a little scared but I have a feeling everything is going to work out fine. I just wish...nevermind."

"Tell me."

"I wish Eric was here. Although he's gone and I have a lot to be thankful for it just feels like he's apart of my life that is missing."

"It's understandable, he loved you."

"I can't believe he's dead. The man I was suppose to love forever, taken away in a freak accident. He saves me from my attacker and then gets killed walking across the street to his car, life can be so cruel."

"I know but I'm sure he would want you to move on with your life."

"That's easier said then done. The only things that are clear in my dreams are his gentle eyes looking back at me. All I have left of him is this baby he will never know and millions of dollars he left me." I wiped the tears from my eyes.

"Ah honey," she said giving me a hug.

"I wish I could remember Sara. I try so hard but all I see are his eyes."

"Your hormones are probably just all over the place."

"Maybe so. He's dead and there's no hope of him ever coming back, I feel so alone."

"You have me and Mama Deb and you know we always got your back."

"I know. I feel so bad that you have given up your life to take care of me. I don't know how I can ever repay you," I said rubbing my stomach.

"That's what family is for,"she said smiling.

"I better go to bed I take my last final tomorrow. Thanks Sara you are truly an amazing friend."

Sara POV

I hated lying to Vic. It nearly killed me to tell her that Eric was dead when he was out galavanting around. No one knew where he was. It was like he disappeared off the face of the earth. I bet his uncle had something to do with his disappearance or knew where he was. I tried talking to the estate attorney and he didn't know.

Before Vic got out the hospital I had to find a way to explain the money he left. So I talked to Daniel and Dean and they had agreed to come up with a story on how Eric died. We had told Vic that he had beaten her attacker, was arrested and then later released but on his way to the hospital he died in an accident.

When Vic was released from the clinic I sat down and told her that she had been married for just a week when Eric died. She didn't remember him so the story was easy to tell.

There had been an accident the same night that Eric left without a trace. Hours later an unidentified man had been hit by an 18 wheeler. Dean had rushed down to the scene and had identified him as his brother Eric. Although the truck basically crushed every bone in the man's body and he was unrecognizable it made it easy to disguise.

Daniel was on call and when the man got to the hospital he followed his brother's lead and turned the John Doe to Eric. Hours later the man died and the rest of the family was called in. Daniel signed a fake death certificate so that there would be no litigation between Vic and their mother. A few days later the family had a funeral for him. Ms. Robinson was a mess as she not only grieved for her husband but a son too.

I pushed my bang back and let out an agonizing breath. I picked up my phone and dialed Daniel.

"Hey there?"

"Hey."

"What's wrong?"

"I hate lying to Victoria about Eric. He's a selfish son of a bitch. She even dreams about him although she still can't remember exactly what happened."

"I know but I promised to watch and protect her, I gave him my word. Having you there makes it easier."

"She's my bestfriend, I would do anything to help her. I just think about what happens if they ever run into each other? This could just blow up in our faces. I don't ever want to lose her trust it could destroy our friendship, our sisterhood."

"He's not coming back. He meant it when he left the hospital."

"I hope you're right."

"I am. Why don't you have dinner with me tomorrow night at Vertigo's?"

"Sounds good I need something to get my mind off this diabolical situation."

"How about eight o'clock? I'll pick you up around seven thirty."

"I'll be ready."

We hung up and I got a text from Brad. Since all this had happened with Eric, Brad and I's relationship had been put on the back burner. After telling everyone that Eric was dead, Brad didn't believe it. He took it hard.

Brad and I had started to grow apart. Vic was now my responsiblity. She needed someone to watch out for her and the baby especially with her not regaining her memory.

I looked at the text. He wanted to just say hello. I didn't text back but deleted it. The last time he sent a hello we met up and he grilled me about Eric's death. It was too much and I promised myself I wouldn't let him ambush me again. I turned my phone off and headed back to bed, I hoped and prayed that I could continue living this lie.

Three months later

"Push!"

"It hurts. Ah Sara I can't do this," I yelled out. Sweat covered my face, my hair was stuck to my head and my back was killing me.

"You're doing good Victoria," the doctor said.

I shook my head no. I had just left the mall when my water broke. I had called Mama Deb and Sara and they met me at the hospital. I was only a few centimeters dilated when I went to the doctor yesterday but by noon today, I had reached five centimeters and now I was about to deliver.

"Five more centimeters and then you will be ready," the nurse said and shortly after I was ready.

"I need you to push Victoria. I can see the head crowning."

"Baby you can do this, I promise," Mama Deb said holding my other hand.

I wanted to be tough so I didn't get the epidural. Wrong decision. This felt like my body was being ripped apart below.

"On the count of three I want you to push."

As she counted up I pushed on three. With my eyes squeezed shut and both of my coaches holding my hands, I pushed as hard as I could.

"Deep breath and I am going to count again to three and I need you to push. As soon as the shoulders are out you will be home free. One...two...three push!"

With everything I had I pushed hard. I was beginning to lose my breath. Focusing on the chore at hand and with everything I got, I pushed.

I could hear the doctor asking for suction and moments later I heard a faint cry.

"Victoria here's your baby girl," Dr. Barrios said laying her on my chest. Tears rolled down my eyes. She was perfect with all her toes and fingers. She was beautiful and mine. The first glance was all it took.

"I wish your daddy was here," I said kissing her on the forehead. Sara and Mama Deb took pictures.

"I hear that we are uncles," Daniel said walking in with Dean. Daniel walked in with balloons and his scrubs on and Dean was there with flowers and gift bags.

"That would be correct," I said smiling.

They cooed and they each took a turn holding her. The nurse came in saying she needed to do a baby check. I didn't want to give her up but we needed to make sure she was healthy.

"All babies have to have it," Daniel said.

I reluctantly gave her to the nurse.

"How about I go with her and bring her back to you," Daniel said.

"Okay."

I watched as Daniel followed the nurse out the room.

"So have you thought of a name for her?" Dean asked.

"Mia Nicole Robinson."

"Cute name, I like it."

"Thanks. I just wished Eric was here to see and hold her."

"I'm sure he's looking down at the two of you."

"I know but I just wish I can remember pieces of our life together. All I have are the stories that you all have told me. The few glimpses I see but still can't put together. Sometime I feel as if I am looking through a prism trying to line things up so they will make sense but they never do."

"One day you will, don't give up. I know one thing was for sure, he loved you."

"That's what you all keep saying. My heart feels heavy and I know it's because I had to have loved him too or I wouldn't feel this way. I just hope my memories can catch up with my heart."

"You know Daniel and I are here for you and whatever you need just call."

"Thanks Dean."

I started to yawn, childbirth was not only painful but exhausting. My eyes were getting heavy and it was no way I could stop it.

"Go to sleep honey, I'm proud of you," Mama Deb said holding my hand. I yawned again and before I knew it I was out like a light.

Six weeks later

Vic POV

I had just laid Mia down for her nap. She was the perfect baby. She hardly ever cried, she smiled all the time and she was pure sunshine.

I sat in the rocker with my fingers intertwined into one another. Looking around at this huge room painted in vibrant colors I could see the painted mural of the beach and the sea. I closed my eyes for a moment and I could almost feel the warm air circulating through the room.

"It's so beautiful here," I said taking a sip of juice. I was wearing a blue coverup with a matching swimsuit on under it. Eric was wearing a t-shirt and white cargo shorts. His hair was slicked to his head making him look sporty.

"It is. It's peaceful. It gives us a break from the norm. I think we should go in the city today. There are shops about a block away from us and then we can take a stroll."

"Sounds good, let's go," I said.

I opened my eyes with huge tears running down my cheeks. I covered my face with my hands and just cried. Another broken memory of happiness we once shared. I began to rock with my hand on my heart, why did it hurt so bad? The longing, the want, the need was still there.

I heard Mia's faint cry taking me out my furtive thoughts.

"Ah sweetie I'm here." I picked her up and brought her back to the rocker. She opened her light blue eyes and her dimples came out. She held her arm out and I kissed her fist. I raised her up putting her on my shoulder rocking and singing to her. She was sleep within minutes and I laid her back down. I kissed my two fingers and placed it on her forehead. Smiling down one more time I closed the door and walked away.

One Year Later
Vic POV

"Thanks so much for watching Mia for me, Sara. I know you are swamped with wedding plans."

"Please, Mia will officially be my real niece in six months. She's my baby too."

"I know. Is Daniel coming over."

"He's working days so maybe tomorrow."

"You two do make a cute couple although he's five years older than you."

"Baby best believe he has me calling out to the angels, I should be on that show, The Voice."

"TMI Sara."

"Don't hate because your pipes are clogged. You ought to have a one night stand. I mean you're going to New York, a place you know no one and never have to see them again, why not?"

"Because that would be wrong. I've only technically slept with one man, my husband plus I'm going to Brooklyn."

Sara was quiet.

"Anyway I better go before I miss my flight."

"You got everything?"

"Yes I have all my financials and presentation completed. Hopefully I can get the grant money needed to start this school. It's so needed in the old neighborhood."

"You have a good heart so I'm sure everything will work out."

"Thanks." I gave Mia a kiss goodbye. She didn't cry but reached out and gave me a hug and a slobbery kiss.

"I love you babygirl." She laughed and hid her face in Sara's neck. I closed the door and got in my car headed to the airport.

Eric POV

I stared out the big picturesque window in my office overlooking Times Square. My life had changed drastically since leaving Louisiana. I finished law school here in New York and once I graduated my Uncle Tyler hired me on his legal team. Life was good but I still missed Victoria.

It wasn't a day that went by I didn't think about her. When I left I brought one picture of her that's in a frame on my nightstand at home. Did I regret what I did? Sometimes, but it was necessary.

I did hear she had come out the coma but her memory hadn't. My uncle told me that Dean and Daniel had proclaimed me dead so I had to change my name to Alexander Scott. It would just make things easier and knowing my dad was broke my mother would go to the ends trying to find a way to keep her lifestyle.

Transitioning to my new life was easy. My uncle had taken care of everything as he was known as The Fixer. That man knew people around the world and was well respected by his peers.

He hated my mother, his sister. She tried to strip him of his inheritance. She and my father were running their family's company into the ground but he got a judge to overturn and dismantled the company buying her out and reopening it under sole proprietorship. Too bad my mother and father spent the leftover money.

There was a knock on the door. I turned around to see April one of our paralegals knocking on the door.

"Come in."

"Mr. Scott, the final numbers for the Kaiser lawsuit are in." She passed me the file.

"Thanks."

"Can I ask you something?"

"Sure."

"Me and a few friends of mine are headed to the Hampton's this weekend. I was wondering if you wanted to join us. There's about six of us going."

"Thanks for the invite but I have a lot to do."

"You're all work and no play."

"That's the way I like to keep it. Keeps me out of trouble."

"Yeah but it makes for a boring life. It will be fun. We can jet ski, sit out on the beach and go horseback riding. Just a little break from the norm."

"Thanks April although it sounds tempting I will have to pass."

"Okay if you change your mind here's the address to the house." She sat it on my desk and walked out.

April was cool but I didn't want to get involve with anyone I worked with. It would just cause heartaches and confusion.

I looked down at my watch and realized I had a board meeting in Brooklyn. It had totally slipped my mind as today was the day the board was going over initial applications for grants.

"Jenny I'm headed to my meeting in Brooklyn I won't be back until tomorrow. Call me if you need anything."

"Yes Mr. Scott."

I gave her a smile and caught the elevator. When I got outside Freddy, my driver was waiting.

"The Gorman Foundation."

"No problem Mr. Scott. I will have you there in no time."

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

38.9K 3K 12
If Shaira Angelina Vanedestine had synonyms on this day. It was a successful multi billionaire and downright rude. She had achieved everything in her...
2M 57K 101
When Valerie Adams gets to know that she is betrothed to the youngest billionaire in New York, just to save her father's dying company, it is two nig...
20K 2.1K 24
This story is set in the 90's background "I see her everyday in school and now I don't look at her the way a teacher should look at his student. The...
44.7K 1.2K 31
Meet Renee. A strong, feisty woman who works hard and loves big. Renee has been married to Lewis, her childhood sweetheart since she was 19. They bo...