Married By Chance

By AurumHeart

This book is a sequel and continuation. In order to understand it, you have to read 'Partners By Chance' firs... More

Married By Chance (BOOK 2)
Prologue: Till death do us apart.
Chapter 1: She's married.
Chapter 2: It's not about him.
Chapter 3: Two months late.
Chapter 4: I love Liam.
Chapter 5: Why are you here?
Chapter 6: Christian Louboutin.
Chapter 7: Hey, hubby.
Chapter 8: It's time for me to party!
Chapter 9: Kit Kat.
Chapter 10: Take me there.
Chapter 11: Still in love with him.
Chapter 12: Are you happy?
Chapter 13: Dinner.
Chapter 14: Louis Vuitton.
Chapter 15: We need to talk.
Chapter 16: HOPE.
Chapter 17: I was crazy.
Chapter 18: Miss Beauty and Brains.
Chapter 19: Nobody is Perfect.
Chapter 20: Seoul Fashion Week.
Chapter 21: Like a Rose?
Chapter 22: Mr Black, Mrs Black.
Chapter 23: Ciao.
Chapter 24: Mum.
Chapter 25: Black Industries.
Chapter 26: Donatella Versace.
Chapter 27: Nice to meet you.
Chapter 28: The Hotlist.
Chapter 29: You forgot about him.
Chapter 30: Edward and Elle Smith.
Chapter 31: I wasn't your boyfriend.
Chapter 32: Sushi.
Chapter 33: Gordon Ramsay.
Chapter 34: Back in London.
Chapter 35: Anna Wintour.
Chapter 36: Oscar de la Renta.
Chapter 37: They used to date.
Chapter 38: I like dresses.
Chapter 39: Signed with Gucci.
Chapter 40: Cause you're gorgeous.
Chapter 41: April 16th
Chapter 42: Vogue.
Chapter 43: This is happening.
THANK YOU!
Chapter 44: Make me cry.
Chapter 45: Need a ride?
Chapter 46: Home.
Chapter 47: His brother.
Chapter 48: Driving me crazy
Chapter 49: Please?
Chapter 50: Adam Black.
Chapter 51: Happiness.
Chapter 52: Sad night.
Chapter 53: July 18th
Chapter 54: Colton and Emily.
Chapter 55: You make my heart race.
Chapter 56: Getting kidnapped was fantastic.
Chapter 57: Bad Idea.
Chapter 58: The Summit
Chapter 59 : Cartier (Part 1)
Chapter 59: The effect you have on me (Part 2)
Chapter 60: Fellow Graduates
Chapter 61: Grow the fuck up.
Chapter 62: What are you afraid of?
Chapter 64: My Darling
Chapter 65: Their daughter-in-law

Chapter 63: Speak Now (TV)

7.4K 205 51
By AurumHeart

Amelia's dinner dress above.

Amelia Black

I blink, speechless and overwhelmed by his admission. It is difficult for me to grasp being that important to someone. I think it would be difficult for anyone. Adam likes to say I'm his everything but I can't help but question if I am worth it.

He didn't tell me why Giselle broke up with him because he was afraid I would think the same.

I thought it was worse than that so I sigh in relief and close my eyes.

"What?" Adam asks so I look into his eyes. "I thought it was something so terrible....what you did to her."

He shakes his head. "It is. If you knew me then, you wouldn't want anything to do with me. That's why I hate talking about the past."

"I will never get mad for something you did in your past, I promise." I tell him sincerely.

He smiles softly and strokes my hair. "My sweet girl." He says then starts kissing all over my face.

"I'm not perfect, Adam. I've also done things that I'm not proud of. You wouldn't like the old me. I was so spoilt and obnoxious." I tell him and he chuckles against my cheek. "What's funny?"

He kisses me there. "Nothing."

I yawn escapes me because it's been a long day.

"You tired, baby?" Adam asks and I nod so he pulls me close. "Come here."

****

"Oh wow." I whisper in shock. Today is my grandfather's party and my parents' house has been decorated lavishly with beautiful floral arrangements, lights and drapes.

"Your home is beautiful, love." Damien says as he walks beside me. This is mainly a family event with some close friends but Damien had breakfast with me and Adam this morning and was going about how boring his days are so I invited him.

"Thank you but my mum did go a little crazy for this event. The house isn't usually like this." As I say this, I look over at Adam who was stopped outside by my cousin, Joe probably talking business.

Adam looks drop dead gorgeous in his black tux. It fits him perfectly and he looks incredibly elegant and handsome.

I almost want to drag him back to me and let everyone know he's mine. I have never felt possessive in a relationship but with him, everything is more intense. He's the dream man yet he makes me feel all kinds of special when he gives me all of his attention.

Before we left for the party, I asked him to take pictures for my instagram and we spent about an hour doing that. He thought every photo was perfect but was patient when I asked for more.

"I take it you two are okay now?" Damien snaps me out from checking my husband out. I hope I'm not drooling. It takes me a second to realize what he is asking and I'm shocked. "He told you?"

Damien chuckles as if it was crazy for me to ask and he shakes his head. "No but you seemed mad in the text you sent me that night."

"I just have a problem with Giselle. I don't trust the nice girl attitude." I sigh, trying to keep calm. I get mad every time she's brought up.

"She assumed she was going to become Mrs Black. Talked about it all the time."

I look at him with confusion. "But Adam said he never loved her."

"Yes, he's never loved anyone. Even Evangeline, that was why she left him and Giselle broke up with him because she thought it would give him the push but he never gave a damn."

My eyes widen. "Really?"

"Absolutely. Poor thing was a wreck when it came to him. We all kind of pitied her."

I can't help but feel bad as well and put myself in her shoes. I would hate myself if Adam didn't return my feelings or treated me the way he treated her.

"It's a shock to everyone now, how he is with you. Sometimes, I can't even recognize him. He's so different when it comes to you."

"He's not that different."

"Love, Adam is cold and ruthless. Being in love has drastically changed him."

I can't help but blush. "He's not in love. At least, not yet."

Damien scoffs. "Please."

I'm about to ask him if Adam said something to him when I feel a pair of arms wrapped around me from behind. "Are you cold? I saw you rubbing your arms from over there." Adam says in my ear.

I didn't even see him coming. He smells so good.
"No." I answer, breathily.

"You sure?"

I nod. "I'm fine."

He turns me to look at him, so he could maybe check for himself and his eyes darken."You look divine, Amelia."

My cheeks heat up. "I do?"

He toys with my ring which matches my dress tonight. "Mmhm and all mine."

"Yes, yours." I agree proudly and Adam gives a soft smile. "Good girl."

"God! Please get a room. The tension is making me dizzy." Damien says.

"Leave us alone." I tell him.

"Never, love." He winks and Adam glares at him. "Stop calling her that."

We go around the room, greeting everyone while Damien bothers my cousin, Tessa.

The Smiths weren't shy today. There are custom and expensive designer pieces everywhere, worn in different styles with unique yet simple diamonds and pearls. My family knows how to do quite luxury more than anyone.

Everyone looked powerful and glamorous at the same time. It's very weird.

"Sweetie, are you not working right now? You seem to have gain a little bit of weight." Aunt Olivia, my dad's sister says when she sees me.

I don't know why my first instinct is to look at Adam. His expression changes from blank to anger. His eyebrows furrow and before I can reply her, he does.

"My wife's body is none of your business. I don't know what gives you the right or the impression that it is okay to make a comment like that. Excuse us."

I stand shocked and my aunt looks horrified as Adam takes us away from her. We go to the quiet hallway and he rubs my shoulders. "Are you okay?"

"You know she's right." I look down. Strangely, I'm not as panicked as I normally would be. It's like I don't even care even though what she said is true. I can barely breathe because of how tight my dress fits.

"Amelia, you are perfect. You are not passing out every fucking minute. You're more healthy than you've ever been. That is something to commemorate."

He's right.

"I mean, my ass does look great." I smile with a playful shrug and he smirks. "Fuck yeah, it does. You're insanely sexy, gorgeous and so fucking stunning. It's a torture to take my eyes off you."

"Mmm, tell me more." I flip my hair playfully and Adam laughs, pulling me for a comforting hug.

Being with him has improved my life. He makes everything better and sometimes I get shocked by the comfort he brings to me. He is everything I never knew I wanted and more.

We finally sit and Adam holds my hand and puts it on his lap. He is engrossed in a deep conversation with Damien and my cousin's husband, Gabriel.

"You look so good. Pregnancy suits." I tell my cousin, Lauren.

"Thank you. You look gorgeous. Being with Adam suits you." She winks.

"I know." I chuckle.

Tessa joins us as and we chat, catching up with each other's crazy lives. I love my cousins. There's something special about the friendship you have with your family because you're connected in so many ways.

"Grandfather is going to speak now." My brother says. He just went to check on my mum and she must have told him.

"Am I the only person that thinks he's dying?" Tessa asks, deadpan. "Why else would he have all of us come here? A lot of us weren't even in the country."

"I think it's something to do with the family business." I state. It's what my grandfather cares about the most.

"Me too." Hayden, another cousin who's sitting with us agrees.

There's a loud click on the crystal wine glass that makes the whole room quiet. Everyone's attention turns to the table my grandfather is seating. He stands up and Julian, the eldest male grandson whispers something in his ear then stays beside him.

My grandfather is an older version of my father, physically. He is a traditional man and cares about family values and most importantly, he is filthy rich. He is the source of the lavishness and sophistication that carries the room and he never lets you forget it. Even though his parents were wealthy, he slaved his way to the top so that he could earn respect. Unlike my dad, grandfather didn't inherit Smith Corporations, he bought it from my great grandfather.

He is one of the most powerful men in the world. My cousins like to call him the wizard because he can make anything happen.

"I would like to welcome you all and thank you for coming. It's always nice to be in the same room with with many members of my family." He starts with a swift smile then goes straight to the point. "We have worked extremely hard to grow and strengthen this family in wealth, status and built a remarkable reputation. For the good news, inheritance will no longer be determined by age, birth order or gender. Which is why effective immediately, Amelia Smith is no longer the heiress to Smith Corporation. Anyone that wants to lead my company must have to work hard and prove themselves, so start improving your résumé and expanding your CVs."

My stomach drops and I feel eyes on me so I plaster a smile on my face. The hairs on my skin stand up. I'm shocked and confused. When was this decision made? Why wasn't I given a heads up? I feel like throwing up.

"And the bad news?" Someone asks.

"In order to have access to their trust fund, each grandchild must have a stable job. We are building a legacy. I won't be handing out money to your lazy asses until you know it's worth."

"To put this short, all my grandchildren are now cut off. You want my money? Work for it. Luckily for you, you can use your connections to get jobs. Make sure you do it well. Have a good evening."

Everyone starts clapping again and they are all smiling and laughing. Of course I know it's all fake. This event isn't just family so we have to put on a front. It's like rich kid 101.

Never let them see you sweat.

"Fuck." My brother swears.

****

I escape to my bedroom and I swear my breath starts getting short. I try to take off my dress but I can't. It's so tight so I text Adam. He wanted to come with me but I made up a lie about wanting to fix my makeup.

I feel humiliated and I just want to be alone but this fucking dress. Damn you Fernando Garcia!

Me: I need you.

It didn't take long for my bedroom door to open. "Amelia." He walks over to me and searches my face, "What's wrong?"

"Help me with my dress, please. I can't take it off."

He looks at me wearily but doesn't question me again. "Turn around." He says and I do. The dress has so many hooks and he starts unhooking them.

"Tell me what's wrong." He urges.

"Everything! Didn't you see what my grandfather did?" I don't know what the fuck is going on. He made my mother plan this whole party just to take everything from me and everyone else.

All my life, I've known one thing to be the most important and now it's gone.

"Why didn't you tell that was going to happen? Or did you not know?"

"Of course I didn't, I would have told you. I'm not like you!" I snap.

I feel his hands pause and I realize what I've done. "Adam. I'm sorry, I didn't mean-"

I can't believe I said that to him. I was blinded by how angry I feel.

"It's alright." He says.

"No! Let me apologize." I insist, turning to face.

He shakes his head. "There's no need. Turn around." He turn me then finishes unhooking my dress and I let out a breath.

"What made you upset about your grandfather's announcement? I thought you didn't want your dad's company."

"I don't but I- I don't know anymore!"

"Talk to me. Try and explain how you feel." He says gently.

"It's what I've known my whole life and he just took it away like it's nothing." I tell him, suddenly wanting to cry so he wraps his arms around me.
"You're right, baby. I'm sorry I didn't realize how upsetting that would be."

I lay down on my bed and put my arm over my eye. He sits by the bed and strokes my hair.

"It's going to be fine. We're going to figure it."

"I don't want to figure it out. I don't want anything."

"Okay. That's okay."

My phone keeps buzzing so I decide to check it. "It's my cousins. They're having a meeting downstairs."

Even though they all seemed calm as fuck. I know they're all fuming. Most of them don't have jobs and are only dependent on the trust fund. "They're waiting for me." I stand up and start fixing my hair and he comes to my side, rubbing my bare back. "Are you sure you don't want to go home?"

"People would think I'm upset." I tell him, meeting his eyes in the mirror and he raises an eyebrow. "You are. Let's go home."

"But I don't want anyone to know that."

"You shouldn't care what people think. If you want to leave, we'll leave."

"I don't."

"Amelia-"

"I want to stay. It's important that I do. Yes, I'm pissed but I'm going to be and adult and deal with it."

"Fine."

"Thank you for being here."

"No need to thank me, baby. It's my pleasure."

I look down. "I'm sorry about earlier."

"Do whatever you want to do with me. If it makes you feel better, I can take it."

"Hurting you hurts me. I don't ever want to that. I'm sorry." I admit.

He grips my hand and presses a kiss to it.

We see my father when we reach downstairs and he looks stressed out. "Oh honey, I've been looking everywhere for you."

I glare at him. "I don't want to talk to you. How could you not tell me this was happening? Did mum know?"

I can't believe I helped her plan this stupid party.

"I didn't know he was dropping you from the heiress position. I was completely blindsided." My dad says.

"You deserve it." I mumble.

"Amelia." Adam says in a warning.

"What? He hid everything from me. Now his dad has done the same. It's karma."

Dad looks at me. "This is different and I must say, this isn't the reaction I expected from you, considering you always said being an heiress held you back from doing all the things you wanted."

"You know what? You're right. I can finally have the life I actually want, free from you."

My dad looks at me in disbelief and I keep my RBF. He shakes his head then takes his eyes off me. "Son, can I speak with you for a moment?"

"Later." Adam says and moves away with me.

"It's fine. I'll be fine." I reassure. I'm curious about what my dad is going say to him.

"I'll walk you then come back."

"The family room is right there, Adam. They're inside." I tell him and he lets me go.

I enter and I hear my cousin, Gideon speaking.
"This is insane! My plan was to spend the whole summer in the Italian Riviera, now he's saying we have to work?" He says the last word with disgust.

"I talked to my mum and she said he threatened to cut her off too if she helped me in anyway. Can you believe that?

"I don't have any pride. I will literally beg him to change his mind if that's what he wants."

"Fuck that!" Austin swears.

"I'm sorry not all of us have money from both sides of the family." Gideon retorts.

"Or a rich husband!" Someone else snaps.

"Woah, woah!" Tessa starts to defend me.

"Quiet!" Julian snaps and for some reason, they all listen. "Arguing will not do us any good. I have a plan so all of you should shut up and listen attentively."

****

Hope you enjoy!

All the love.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

690K 29.3K 36
Isabella was not interested in falling in love. Marco was not looking for a relationship. The perfect combination for a foolproof agreement. Right? ...
248K 7.7K 32
❝ Maybe I was meant to come back for you. ❞ We're all used to hearing the typical stories of two people falling in love - they get through life toget...
1.3M 40.9K 36
In this sequel to Falling Helplessly, Miles and Isabella find each other again. It's as if they're meant to be. What will the future hold for them? ...
Reality By Nicole

General Fiction

110K 6.1K 32
SEQUEL TO EXPECTATIONS! It is highly recommended to read the first book before starting this one. - - - - - - It's a funny thing, expectation versus...