Death and Co. // THE 100

olympuscandor14 tarafından

"He want's to be loved, I do not stir. The frost makes a flower, the dew makes a star. The dead ball." Atlas... Daha Fazla

DEATH AND CO
ACT ONE
odds on
wells' dad's a dick
we're back bitches
first to dye
whatever the hell we want
fear of missing out
unlikely allies
earth skills
the ark
Atlas the righteous
murphy's law
down in the forest
you're (not) alone
crash landing
welcome home

suicide mission

450 22 5
olympuscandor14 tarafından

[CHAPTER 8]

[A BAND OF MERRY MEN]

There were a few reasons why Atlas had so willingly agreed (begged) to join Clarke on her mission to find Jasper Jordan. For starters, he needed to let off some steam, and if that meant getting into a tussle with a grounder or a two headed deer, he'd definitely take his chances. His anger was bubbling and at this point he would take any opportunity he could to release it in a way that was as productive as possible. 

Secondly, he was on fricken earth. Sure, some murderous and potentially mutated survivors were running around spearing kids in the chest, but Atlas wanted to see more of what earth had to offer. The trees and dirt that littered their campsite was amazing, but there were flowers and animals and other types of natural beauties his curious self had yet to see. Perhaps he'd discover some new creature and name it after himself - be transcribed into history.

But to top it off, Atlas wanted something exciting to happen. Earth was new and fun, but if something wasn't happening ever second of their time there, he'd get painfully bored. Murphy's 'disagreement' with Well's was some form of amusement, but of course the hype of that had died down now. Atlas' face was covered in enough bruises and cuts to last him a while, so inserting himself into a fight with a fellow camp mate was off the table. He wanted to let loose, to run in circles with his arms spread out like an airplane, whopping and laughing without a care. He wanted to feel actual wind on his face, and enjoy the serenity and freedom of the planet.

So with two knives in his pocket, his boots crunched against the ground as he approached his partner in crime, eager so share in some excitement. Tapping him on the shoulder from behind, Atlas tucked his hands into his pocket and winked at his friend mischievously. "I'm joining in on that rescue mission Clarke's putting together. You in?" 

John Murphy wanted to laugh in his friends face, but ultimately, there wasn't a lot that surprised him about Atlas anymore (plus it did hurt him to laugh given that Wells may have properly broken his nose). His best friend was messy to say the least, of course he'd volunteer for a suicide mission and be happy about it. "That's awfully heroic of you."

Shrugging his shoulder, Atlas jokingly nodded along. "Yeah well you know me, always the selfless hero... I am on weapons duty though, so..." He drawled, pursing his lips hoping his friend would simply take the hint and he wouldn't have to ask. Murphy's astounded look proved that he knew exactly was Atlas wanted. "So you want me to help?" 

"Well I could also use the company, being stuck with those two privileged assholes isn't exactly my idea of fun." 

He thought about it for a moment. Perhaps he and Atlas could get up to something exciting on their trip, just like the good old days. Running around senselessly, not caring for anything or anyone else. "Fine. But if I get killed by a grounder I'm blaming you." 

"That's the spirit." He patted his friend on the chest encouragingly, now both stalking off together hoping to steal some poor kids weapon. 

It was both intriguing and terrifying how up and down Atlas was. Screaming angrily, punching walls one minute, smiling and laughing with his friend the next. At least people knew what to expect when interacting with John Murphy, he was always stand offish and angsty. Atlas was impossible to predict. That made him a liability, Bellamy was beginning to notice this, that he'd be more of a hinderance than a help with his plans. Wells and Clarke also noticed this, but one of the two seemed to care more than the other.

"He's coming with us?" In their usual fashion, Clarke was bustling around the drop ship, trying to find anything of use - and Wells was hot and unwelcomely on her heels. "He's the only person so far who's volunteered, I don't have the privilege of being picky right now Wells." 

To emphasise the seriousness of the situation, Wells stopped Clarke by grabbing both her arms, forcing her to look him in the eyes. "Atlas Grey is not the kind of guy to help people. He has ulterior motives, okay? He's dangerous." Shrugging him off, the Griffin girl chose to ignore Wells. Her interaction with Atlas did not give her the impression that she needed to worry about the boy, he was helping by finding weapons. She wasn't naive, but like she mentioned to Wells, people weren't over the moon to find Jasper, Atlas may be crazy, but that meant he was crazy enough to walk straight into danger, she could use that. 

"Clarke, please just reconsider. Atlas is -"

"Everything okay in here?" The tension was obvious to Atlas. He had ducked under the tarp and into the drop ship with Murphy following closely behind. "That's none of your business." Wells bit back defensively, but his hostility was not mirrored by Clarke who moved around him looking at the blonde boy expectantly. "Uh... we got some knives, and I found a new recruit." Choosing to ignore the obvious awkwardness, Atlas pointed at Murphy before digging into his pocket and placing the weapons they had found - or stolen -  on a bench in the middle of the room. A proud smile now graced his face, hoping for at least a thank you or a good job. But Clarke remaining silent and Wells deciding to perk up made the smile quickly drop. 

"No. No way." Having Atlas come along was more than enough for Wells, but Murphy too? 

Everyone in the room chose to actively ignore his unwillingness. "Good, the more of us the better." She took a weapon, stashing it away in her back pocket, turning to her old friend and taking one of the make shift bags from his hand. "Give these to someone else, you're not coming with us." The interaction between the two privilege was amusing to Atlas and Murphy, who stood waiting by the door, trying to suppress both their surprise and their giggles. "My ankle's fine." Wells tried his best to protest but Clarke wouldn't let him. "It's not your ankle, Wells, it's you."

Her response made the boys look at one another, wide eyed. Damn, as much as they didn't like Clarke Griffin, they were sure enjoying the show she was putting on. She walked past them, speaking now to Monty who, unknown to Atlas and Murphy, was sat in the drop ship too.  Wells, keen to continue protesting, tried following after her, but the Grey boy decided to add some salt to the wound, stepped forward so that he was blocking the path. "Take a hint man. The girl said no." 

"Get out of my way. This has nothing to do with you." Jaha Jr tried stepping around the kid in front of him, but Atlas shifted his body to continue blocking him. "You gonna make me?" His grin was enough to make Wells' blood boil, wanting to punch it right off of his smug face. Wells shoved him to the side and made a beeline for Clarke, continuing to grovel at the girls feet. Atlas watched him with a bewildered look, man was that guy whipped. 

Murphy nodded his head, knowing their fun was over in the drop ship. So the two boys exited quietly, standing at the edge of the ramp. Waiting for the rest of the rescue party to join them. 

----

Wells, Clarke, Bellamy, Atlas and Murphy. A band of unlikely misfits marching through the woods with very different intentions in mind. 

Clarke, with the purest intentions - saving Jasper. Wells, wanting to impress Clarke and keep her safe, despite the girl obviously being able to hold her own. Atlas and Murphy were just there for the hell of it, and finally Bellamy. His eyes never left the wristband that was clasped around Clarkes wrist. That would be all he needed to keep the ark from coming to the ground, he'd get that wristband, his life literally depended on it. 

"Hey, hold up. What's the rush? You don't survive a spear through the heart." Bellamy called out, making the group in front of him reluctantly stop and turn to face him. Atlas and Murphy remained at the back of the group throughout their journey, the two privileged kids up front leading the way, and Bellamy floating in the middle. However, Murphy was quick to catch up to Bellamy's side, ready to step in if need be. The eldest of the group had pulled a gun out of his waistband, waving it around casually like a child with a toy. "Put the gun away, Bellamy." 

"Well, why don't you do something about it, huh?" Murphy. Atlas wondered why he had become so eager to be on Bellamy's good side. Perhaps he wanted some more power around the camp, or just enjoyed making Wells squirm under his murderous gaze. 

"Jasper screamed when they moved him. If the spear struck his heart, he'd have died instantly. It doesn't mean we have time to waste." 

Clarke Griffin never failed to impress Atlas. Every moment he spent with her on the ground his respect grew for her even more, though he'd never admit it out loud. On the ark she always seemed like a timid, snobby, naive rich kid but obviously his observations were wrong. She was strong willed and stubborn, she always had the greater good in mind. "As soon as you take this wristband off, we can go." Bellamy did not. 

"The only way the Ark is gonna think I'm dead is if I'm dead. Got it?" 

Atlas wanted to intervene, say anything really just to be involved. But he stood off to the side, simply observing the interaction, and honestly it was rather satisfying seeing Bellamy be put in his place. "Brave princess." 

A rustling in the bushes from behind them drew their attention away from the stand off, the camps resident space walker emerging from the shrubbery. "Hey, why don't you find your own nickname? You call this a rescue party? Got to split up, cover more ground. Clarke, come with me." With a now cocky smirk, Clarke ripped her arm from Bellamy's grip and followed after Finn. Atlas watched her walk off muttering 'damn' under his breath, receiving an almost disgusted look from Murphy in return. Naturally, the two walked off side by side, leaving Wells and Bellamy to split off on their own. 

"Please don't tell me you've got a thing for the princess." 

Scoffing, Atlas simply replied; "What and you don't?"

"Dude, you need to raise your standards. Any girl with a heart beat and your like..." Murphy pretending to messily make out with the air in front of him. Holding his arms out pretending to be running his hands up and down a girls curves. "I am not!" Atlas defended. "Yeah, you are, and as your friend, I can't let you get away with it." 

Moments like these, the two of them cackling, making heinous jokes and picking on one another, it reminded Atlas that they were still just kids. Kids raised and moulded by bad circumstances. It wasn't often that they could simply let their guard down and enjoy themselves.  They were sent down to earth to die, the ark simply didn't care about their lives - the chancellor said it himself, they were expendable. But despite the circumstances, they needed to remember they were still just teenagers who had had large parts of their lives ripped away from them. So they had every right to cause a bit of chaos, make crude jokes, have crushes. They were making up on earth, what they had lost on the ark. 

Okumaya devam et

Bunları da Beğeneceksin

315K 8.6K 59
the world has a nasty habit of turning little girls into villains. bellamy blake x oc book one in the ROYALTY series the hundred, season 1 & season...
2.5K 137 12
❝ 𝐒𝐡𝐞'𝐬 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐚𝐧𝐠𝐞𝐥 𝐨𝐟 𝐝𝐞𝐚𝐭𝐡. 𝐕𝐢𝐱𝐚, 𝐭𝐡𝐞𝐲 𝐜𝐚𝐥𝐥 𝐡𝐞𝐫. ❞ When 100 underage prisoners are sent to the ground, Thalia Hills...
30 0 6
"I'll be here, cause we both know how it goes. I don't want things to change, I pray they stay the same, always. And I don't care if you are with som...
24.3K 1K 36
❝ It was never the way she looked. Always the way she was. I could've fallen in love with my eyes closed. ❞ in the midst of a nation divided, two fr...