Lost in the Fog

By The_Nocturnal_Raven

A broken, powerless soul is lost to an unnatural fog. A cycle of pain and torment allows him to eventually be... More

A Fracture of Pain
New Struggles and Saviours
Respite From the Dark
A Chill Wind Over the Night
Death is Not An Escape
Frenzied Thoughts
Darkness Among Us
The Path Less Travelled
Tormented Without Choice
Reinforced Resolve
Cursed with New Power
Condemnation
Cursed with Empathy
A Glimpse of the Other Side
Escalation
The Doctor is IN
Misplaced Trust
The Mentor's End
The Twisted Masquerade
The Twisted Masquerade Continues
A New Path Ahead
What it is That Came Before
Trickster's Paradise
The Alchemist's Workshop
The Spider's Nest
A Glimmer of Hope
The Gamble
Not so Smooth Sailing...
"What happened to you?"
Projected Impacts
A Date of Importance
Beginning of Resistance
First Day
Home Away From Home
Finally Catching Teachers up to Speed
How Tragedy Bleeds Reality
Capture a Lullaby
Izuku's Report
Burnin' Questions
The New Glyph
Flight of the Fugitive
Rest
Interruption
Looming Darkness
An Average Saturday
Stalkers in the Shadows
Lost and Found
Sports & Slaughter
Aftermath
Test of Intention
The Truth
Three Lost Kids
Why am I here?
Brought to the Light
An Edge for Victory
Forged by Fog
Preparations
The Impact of Choice
Punching the Pack
Missing the Little Things...
War on the Horizon
From the Fog
War of the Fog
Final Embers of Hope
THE Decisive Strike
Humanity's Resilience
Entity's Aftermath
Birth of An Imperium

Jailbreak

947 26 11
By The_Nocturnal_Raven

Tomura Shigaraki fumed within his barren prison. All his life had been building up to that moment, the singular moment where he could look all his problems in the eye, and destroy them all. Allmight was the reason his father hated him. Allmight had taken his father's place in his grandmother's eyes. And that led to the abuse he suffered for years. Until his quirk manifested, and he freed himself from his own torment. He was a survivor, Sensei said so.

Then he was taken in, given shelter, food, and purpose. Not by Allmight's beloved society, but by his enemy, who showed him how broken everything was. How much of a facade that... hero... had constructed.

How it was all his fault.

And so Tomura had plotted, schemed, and come up with the attack, which had everything taken care of... all until the USJ.

And then that... brat arrived from seemingly nowhere. One that wasn't on the roster, who overpowered his Nomu with ease, and kept not just it, but himself and Kurogiri restrained until Allmight arrived. It was only later when he found out that... walking cheat code tore Kurogiri apart... did he realize just how easy that boy let him off.

Somehow, he recognized that the warper was a Nomu as well.

And now he was within the depths of Hell, otherwise known as the prison of Tartarus. It was, frankly, a blasphemous title, considering it was greek, in Japan. He despised everything about the place, but at least it was honest about what it was...

Despite that fact, all Tomura would be able to ever do is just sit and wait. Chained to a chair, just as, presumably, Sensei would be, if given they were given the chance. Treating anyone who didn't live by their petty little rules like animals. It sickened him... especially since his mentor did say that isolation like this is a human rights violation. Cruel and unjust... just like the facade Allmight shows. Again, Allmight lies, when Tartarus speaks the truth.

And it all links back to Allmight.

As he continued to think, there were explosions in the distance. Explosions? He remained still, only beginning to hear signs of a commotion. When he started to hear screams of pain, Tomura smiled.

In between the explosions and screams, he heard a woman's lullaby. It was a foriegn tune, which would be calming if the shouts and gunfire wasn't there. Whoever this was, breaking into Tartarus, they were powerful... and were getting closer.

And closer.

And closer...

Until they were right outside the door.

Nezu was in his office, pouring over Student Records for verification and classification when his police radio buzzed. "10-33, 10-35. Tartarus 10-98. Repeat, Tartarus 10-98! Perpetraitors are: slavic female with multiple ax headed weapons. " His eyes widened. He intently listened to the report, indicating explosions and a jailbreak. Multiple perpetrators. And so, he made the decision to have an emergency staff meeting after today's lessons. Things were getting from bad to worse, and plans were absolutely necessary. Especially with the MLA plant. Despite this, the world moved on. And as Midoriya made clear, this was far greater than any human threat...

Izuku, on the other hand, was talking with Sadako in the common room, catching her up with recent events. Not the most private place, but to be honest, where they talked didn't really matter. On how Bakugo eventually became one of the "willing" servants.

Sadako commented, her gaze annoyed, but not with her partner. "She'll love him. Almost as much as he loves himself."

He nodded, and confirmed that opinion, and made further elaboration on what that meant, summing it up perfectly. "Exactly. He respects her strength, and she will respect his dedication. It's a terrible combination."

Sighing, she turned to look him in the eyes. Just so that he could see her worry. And so that she could also see hope in Izuku's... "So, what's next?"
Deciding to put on the brave face, the greenette explained, "We have everything we need. The only thing I need to know is: what is going on, fog-side?"
Sadako whispered, careful to not make any of his classmates panic with their conversation.. "Well, there's a new survivor. He's strange, and seemed to know my name."

"Really?!" Izuku asked, very interested in that development. "Who?"

"I don't know them... some middle aged man, acting as if he was addled something. He didn't seem all there. He was full of himself. Called himself Nick Cage, as if it meant something."

"I see..." He rubbed his chin, before asking, "Was he a celebrity or something? Maybe an actor? It might explain why he recognized you, if you're just a movie character..." 

She shrugged, "Probably. He's rather funny, to be honest. But, I kill him like the others."

"No discrimination, I hope?"

She smiled slightly, before getting to the more... serious topic at hand. "She's discovered a new source of energy. Dark rift energy."

That was something to take note of. "In contrast to normal rift energy that makes up the glyphs."

She nodded, "Yes. Not only is it more suited to her as a creature of darkness, but it's easier to farm, as well."

That surprised and concerned him, his eyes widening in response, "How so?"

The Onryo was quick to describe everything, "There are new devices on the generators. They generate dark rift energy when survivors work on them. Hooks also have them as well some too. When a person has too much... you go to a well, and give the energy to her. It's powering her more than glyphs do, so there are less of them out there."
"I see." Izuku rubbed his chin. The fact it found a new source of energy was disturbing, and it's apparent ease of acquisition was disturbing. Factoring this in, he did the quick math. "Well, the only thing we can do is stop them from making any new bleed sites..."
She sighed again, her raven black hair still spilling down. She tried to keep it off her face, but that might just be a core part of her at this point. It did hide her grim expression, "That might be a problem. Another killer was sent here, on top of the now three in the new Black Veil."
Worried, the greenette pressed for an answer: "Which one?"
Sadako whispered, "I'm not sure. We'll have to look out for them. It wasn't Rin, at least."
However, before Izuku could respond, his phone rang. Checking it, it was from Nezu. Answering, he left the room, with the ravenette following close behind. When they were sure to not be heard, he put it on speaker. "Nezu, you're on speaker with just myself and Sadako. What is it?"

He was frantic, his voice uncharacteristically panicked, "Did you see the news?"
Worry laced Izuku's voice as he tentatively replied, "I can't say I have..."
Nezu delivered the words as if they meant something terrible. "Bakugo just broke out Tomura Shigaraki from the most secure prison in Japan."
His mind was coming up blank, even though he could tell that it was very serious. Tartarus was well known, but Shigaraki... not so much. "I'm sorry, who is that?"
One could almost hear the Chimera facepalm... before he was resigned to explaining the basics to him. "Right, you weren't at that meeting. Tomura Shigaraki was the man in charge of the USJ incident. The one with light blue hair."
Now things were starting to click. "Bakugo must be in contact with that group, then."
"That's what we thought as well. Your classes' training is being accelerated. We're going to aim for your class to get provisional lisences soon."
That made Izuku hopeful. If they had access to provisional liscences, then they would mbe actually able to fight. With their quirks, this world's biggest advantage. "How soon...?"
"Within the next three months."
That stung, especially when the greenette did the mental math, he grimaced as he gave the bad news. "With all due respect Nezu, Sadako and I don't predict that Earth has that time."
There was a pause for a moment, before he shouted, "WHAT?!"

Sadako spoke up, "The Entity has found a new power source that is more effective for it. The amount of power it needs has been cut in... what, half?"
He nodded to her, "That would be my estimate."
Nezu summed up what they had come up with on their own. "Which means that the four month timeframe has been brought down to two. Our biggest priority should be to stop any bleed sites from forming in Japan. Besides the ones already here."

Izuku agreed, "This is a topic for the next meeting."
He sighed, "That'll have to be tomorrow. Today's was about security on campus, given the breakout. Something you didn't need to be there for. See you then, Midoriya, Sadako."
"Good." They hung up. The greenette ran a hand through his hair, frustrated with everything moving too quickly.

His girlfriend picked up on this. "I know you're stressed, Izu... but we should relax... while we still can."

He nodded. "Yes." He hugged her, bringing the Onryo close. Returning inside, the two of them went to his room, turned on the TV and started watching a movie. He whispered, absentmindedly as the first scene started. "We should."

Bakugo Katsuki, on the other hand, was having a much better day. Finally arriving with the silver haired manchild, he announced to the bogeyman of the underworld. "Here's your protegee. Do we have a deal?"

The man was less than enthusiastic with the manner in which he was speaking. Then again, he needed to know more, and there was something that bothered him deeply. The fact that he acted as if there was someone stronger than him. And that wouldn't do. "Indeed we do. First, though... what is your name? And that of your... group?"

"I'm..." The blond seemed to think for a moment. He didn't want his old name. That didn't matter. He didn't look up to Allmight anymore, the weakling liar, and so, his prospective title of Dynamight didn't work. However, he did come up with a new one. "I am Supāku. And we..." The three of them stood next to each other, a rather intimidating force, with the Huntress towering over everyone, and the Blight glowing with his monstrous form. "...are the Black Veil."

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

610K 21K 55
Izuku Midoriya had everything a 4-year-old child could wish for. He had a family, a home and a quirk that was like no other. Thanks to a tragic and v...
61.5K 1.4K 18
A MHA fiction work, where Izuku is born with a rare villainous quirk, which doesn't immediately manifest. Due to treatment by society around him, he...
583K 21.3K 45
Izuku was alone for most of his life. He had one beautiful quirk but never dared to show anyone his quirk. He had one incredible ability. He could he...
183K 9.9K 42
Fate can be very cruel. That was something Izuku knew far too well. Thanks to his wits, his mother sold him off to be a pawn to her one and only love...