The Void Spirit ( Date A Live...

By _subzero_

Yin is a spirit born into a place where no other living beings exist. A power too great which even the void w... More

Prologue.
BIO
Chapter 1_Start
Chapter 2_Encountering Spirits
Chapter 3_A Date with her
Chapter 4_Unexpected Encounter
Chapter 5_The Past
Chaoter 6_A New Spirit Joins The Family
Chapter 7_Entering The School
Chapter 8_A Traumatizing Event
Chapter 10_Aftermath
Chapter 11_ Mama?
Chapter 12_Sealing The Flames
Chapter 13_ Just A Normal Day
Chapter 14_Excuses
Chapter 15_Search and Destroy
Chapter 16_ Curiosity
Chapter 17_Scolding
Chapter 18_Reconcile
Chapter 19_A Change
Chapter 20_Bonding Time

Chapter 9_Kuro's Ego

1.3K 56 4
By _subzero_

(3rd pov)

"Hmm... Let's wait and see how strong this person is."

As they waited for a couple of minutes, a girl with the same hair and eye color as Shido appeared wearing a very familiar equipment.

"A DEM lackey"

"DEM?"

"Yeah, but the odd thing is her body."

"Papa, you pervert"

"*Sigh* don't take it the wrong way, Miyu"

They watched the girl fight off and kill Kurumi in front of them which surprised Miyuki except Yin.

Miyuki frowned after seeing Kurumi die in front of her and was about to take revenge for killing her but Yin stopped her.

"Papa, that girl killed one of us!" She exclaimed, furious after seeing Kurumi killed without remorse.

"Calm down, she's alive and is probably drinking tea in a cat cafe" Yin replied as he hugged Miyuki to calm her anger.

"B-But what about–" She was about to utter more words of concern but got interrupted when Yin told her what that corpse was.

"That's her clone"

Miyuki was surprised and happy that Kurumi is still alive and kept on watching the scene.

Even though she was confused by how Yin knows of her ability, she didn't dare question it since it doesn't pose a threat to them.

Yin noticed that Shido seemed to know the identity of the girl that just appeared as he listened to their conversation.

"How can you be so calm about this!? You killed a person"

"It's a spirit, Nii-sama. Plus, I'm used to it." She said, as she changes back to her normal clothes.

She then turned around and confronted Shido as she informed him of Kurumi being a special spirit.

"No matter how many times you kill her and what method you use, she will come back as if nothing happened, turn up somewhere, and kill people. So i have to keep killing her. Relentlessly hunting her over, and over, and over, and over–"

"Enough already!" Shido exclaimed, as the girl was taken a back by his shouting.

" That's not being ' used to it '. You've just become jaded."

After a few seconds of silence, the girl made a barrier as it then pushed Shido out of the area, leaving her with a corpse of Kurumi's clone.

As for Yin and Miyuki, they were intrigued to see what the girl was gonna do but they were disappointed when she picked up an ear piece and left the place.

"Papa"

"Hmm?"

"Do you think those two are siblings?"

Yin thought about the possibility and thought that it's weird.

"It's possible, they do have very similar features like their eyes and hair color.

"Also, she did call him 'Nii-sama' so i guess it is."

Seeing as the fight was over, they left the place and came looking for Kuro as the former could be seen arguing with Origami.

"Yeah~ i think we should head home first"

"Eh? But what about Kuro-nee?"

"I'll just message her that we went home first due to some.....emergency"

They left them be as Yin took out his phone and texted Kuro that he was going home with Miyuki.

As for the three ladies, they saw Shido walking on the side of the road as they approached him and asked him where had been.

Tohka noticed Shido's hand injured as she took a closer look only for Shido to feel startled and run away, surprising the three.

"Yin-nii, what did you do to him?" Kuro thought, taking out her phone to see Yin's message.

Origami left after seeing Shido ran away as Tohka just stared at him slowly disappearing from a distance.

"Shido..." She muttered, concern written all over her face as Kuro put a hand on her shoulder.

"Go on. I think he needs your company right now."

"B-But–"

"It'll be fine. You saw the distressed face he was giving off, right?"

"But i don't know what to do"

"Just be yourself"

"Huh?"

"What? You think talking to him, pretending to be different from your usual self can help him? That is a no-no girl. Listen to me, judging from his earlier demeanor he might have experienced something traumatic. What he needs right now is someone to comfort him"

Hearing this, Tohka then found the determination to do it because she wants to help Shido in any way that she can.

" I'll be going home now, Yi– i mean, Kai-san just texted me that he went home because of an emergency"

She then left and waved her goodbye as Tohka walked back home and waited for Shido to come back.

______________________________________

Timeskip

Yin and Kuro went to school without Kurumi since the former wanted to go on her own.

Yin didn't mind since he doesn't like controlling the others for his amusement.

"Seriously that woman. What is she planning now" Kuro exclaimed, annoyed that Kurumi is hiding something from her.

"Easy there, Kuro. It must be personal if she wanted to go on her own"

"But still–"

"Think about it this way. She had been living on her own before we even interacted with her. Do you think that she could trust us easily?"

"Hmm... You do have a point but I'm still mad that she's not saying anything to me about it."

"*Sigh* Let her be for now. I feel that something quite interesting is about to happen."

"Really! How can you tell?"

"Instinct" he replied nonchalantly as he kept walking forward as Kuro followed him.

They made their way to their classroom and noticed that Kurumi wasn't in class.

Yin sensed Kurumi on the roof but didn't say anything about it because he felt that Kuro needs to experience new things and for her to not rely on him.

The classes resumed as normal until lunch time and the whole area or campus was covered by Kurumi's power.

Time Consuming Castle

One by one the students fell unconscious and falls to the ground except Shido.

Tohka felt weak but didn't faint like the others and the same could be said to Origami.

Yin decided to play along and slumped down to his desk as he closed his eyes so that his actions would not look suspicious.

Kurumi then called Shido to go to the roof if he had business with her and told him to hurry up.

As for Kuro....she hid herself and wemt to the roof, only to be stopped by Kurumi's clone.

"What are you planning here, Kurumi!?" She demanded, as she glared at her.

"Ara ara~ Kuro-chan. Are you upset at me?" She asked, smiling but with a hint of sadness.

"Don't joke with me right now, Kurumi! Of course I am! How could you do this knowing full well that Yin-nii and i also attend here!" Kuro yelled, as she starts to feel frustrated by Kurumi's actions.

"I'm sorry, Kuro-chan but i must do this." She said, averting eye contact with her.

"Does Yin-nii know of this!?" Kuro asked, wanting to know if he knows her plan.

".... Yes" She answered with hesitation as Kuro's eyes widen in shock as she looked down.

"I see....then why didn't you tell me about anything about this?" She said, a tear slid down her face with her hair shadowing her eyes.

"Kuro-chan. I..."

"No, it's fine...i know you don't trust me like you do with Yin-nii but...at least... I wish.... You could have.....given me a chance" Kuro said then left to go back to Yin's side as Kurumi showed a pained expression.

Kurumi understood why Kuro would feel frustrated because she had experienced the same feeling of betrayal when she unknowingly killed her best friend and was being manipulated by the spirit of origins.

Meanwhile, Yin opened his eyelids as he saw Kuro crying beside him.

"Did you have a talk with her?" He asked.

"*Sniff* yeah..." She muttered.

"It's going to be alright.... Just be patient.... I'm sure that she'll trust you in the near future." He gently puts his hand on her head and began patting her, hoping that it would help her calm down.

You might be wondering why Kurumi's Time Consuming Castle doesn't affect Yin and Kuro.

Well, Yin has a large amount of reiryoku and doesn't have a limited lifespan and the same can be said to Kuro however, she can still feel her life force being drained if Yin was not using a barrier to protect her from it.

After a few minutes of Yin stroking Kuro's head, they heard the spacequake alarm but didn't move since they couldn't be affected by it.

They just relaxed there for a few more minutes before they heard multiple gunshots as they both stood up and ran to the roof.

Yin, noticing that he is in his human form, changed to his spirit form while also wearing his astral suit.

Kuro on the other hand is not hiding her identity and Yin stopped her from advancing.

"Yin-nii?"

"Wear this"

He created a white mask with a blue design on the side of it so as to not make it a plain white mask.

"Alright, let's go"

They then hurried to the roof and when they opened the door to the roof they saw Kurumi's clones disintegrate by a beam of flames.

It even left a linear burn mark on the ground where Kurumi is standing with a big clock behind her back but it has a hole on it.

"Come on, pick up your weapon! The battle isn't over yet. The war isn't over yet. Let's keep fighting to kill eaxh other, Kurumi. You wanted this fight. You wanted this battle." The flame spirit demanded as she points her weapon at Kurumi.

Kurumi, with her low reiryoku, was on her knees and looking down at the ground.

"Kotori! If you keep going you will really kill her!" Shido shouted as the flame spirit ignored him.

"Yin-nii.... Her eyes" Kuro said, noticing the glowing red eyes of the flame spirit.

"Yeah, she's gone berserk"

Kuro, who saw Kurumi being helpless ran towards her as she called out to her angel.

"Ramiel!" She yelled as the sky begins to darken then purple lightning surrounds the area as the different colored sword appeared on her hand.

She then bent down and looked at Kurumi who had a look of shock as she stared at Kuro.

"... Kuro-chan... I–" Kurumi was interrupted by Kuro's slap that even confused Kurumi herself.

Even Shido was shocked to see two new spirits appear at the same time.

"Why didn't you call me...."

"... Huh?"

"Why are you always like this! Always doing things on your own! Do you think that we're going to abandon you because of your goal! " Kuro yelled.

" You could've just asked us for help and we'll gladly help you but you didn't and just went to your own plan that almost got you killed! Do you think we wanted you dead!" She keeps on yelling as Kurumi didn't know what to do.

Before she put her plan into action she wanted to ask Yin and Kuro for help because she knows of how reckless her plan was however, she can't help but feel guilty that if something were to happen to them then the blame would be on her.

And she doesn't want that to happen so she kept the plan to herself and executed it herself clearly not telling anyone about it.

" Let's talk about this matter later, right now, you have your opponent waiting for you" Yin reminded, looking over the direction of Kotori who is still charging up her cannon.

"Right. Yin-nii, will you let me have this fight?"

Yin thought about it and glanced at Kuro then saw that the aura around her was leaking out.

"Sure go ahead"

"Thanks, I'm feeling frustrated right now that it's making me feel like i want to beat somebody."

"Who are you?" Kotori asked, as she repositioned her cannon and pointed it at Kuro.

" You wanna know who i am? Hah, you don't deserve it. The moment you hurt one of us is the moment that became our enemy" Kuro stated as she dashed towards her with excessive speed and slashed .

Kotori was able to block it but she got knocked back leaving a trace of lightning strikes.

She then changed her weapon back to a war axe as she then jumped up and tried to overpower Kuro only for it to be blocked by Kuro with her own attack.

"Tch!"

Kuro's sword begins to brighten as it unleashes a fury of lightning that could turn someone into ashes.

Kotori grins and fires a beam of fire towards Kuro as the former created a wave slash of strong lightning.

As two elements collided and made an explosion, Kuro saw this as a chance and charged right through and the same could be said to Kotori as she raised her axe and did a downward smash.

"Die!" Kotori yelled as her axe was blocked by an upward slash by Kuro as Kuro then said"Go to hell!" To Kotori.

Meanwhile, on the sidelines.

Shido was anxious about Kotori and wanted to stop the fight but Yin created an invisible barrier that separates him from the battle.

"Yin-sa–" Kurumi was about to call him with honorifics when Yin touched her lips with his index finger and stared at her for a second.

"I told you to just call me Yin, didn't I babe?" He said,as he winked at her and she blushed because of what Yin called her.

"Y-Yin... This is not the time for flirting you know that, right?"

"But you liked it, didn't you?"

"W-Well..."

"Should i be more assertive so that i can show you how serious i am?"

"N-No need for that really. Anyway, do you think Kuro-chan's going to win?"

" Yeah, Kuro might seem easy going to others but for me she might be stronger than the strongest wizard of DEM"

______________________________________

A/N
Hello! If you like this story then be sure to leave a vote cause' that would be very much appreciated.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

22.4K 1K 57
Catnip A|Milk-flavored meow O| As a refined catnip, Ming Ruixue transmigrated into the scum A in the human world. The original body is a Neptune who...
7.8K 147 17
There are hundreds of thousands or maybe even millions of wizards in the world. However, only a few are able to fight a spirit without anyone's help...
31.7K 571 18
A story about a boy from Mars who ends up at the "Asticassia School of Technology" is just there for "fun" but gets caught up in all the drama and no...
889K 25.7K 20
Zara has always been headstrong and determined to do exactly what she wants. What happens when she meets a man just as determined to get what he want...