The Truth | Draco Malfoy

By AlphaStilinski13

It day began as any other, everyone in the great hall when a group appeared. They were watching movies; peopl... More

Coming Soon
Prologue
Cast (Past)
Cast (Present)
Cast (Future)
The Philosopher Stone
Chapter 1: 31st October 1981
Hi
Chapter 2: Zoe's Young Life
Chapter 3: 10 Years on
Chapter 4: The Mystery Letters
Chapter 5: The Gentle Giant
Chapter 6: Diagon Alley
Chapter 7: Diagon Alley Part 2
Chapter 8: Platform 9 and 3/4
Chapter 9: Sorting Hat
Chapter 11: First Classes
Author Note
Chapter 12: Halloween
Chapter 13: First Match
Chapter 14: Christmas
Chapter 15: Zoe's Christmas
Chapter 16: Mirror of Erised
Chapter 17: Nicholas Flamel
Chapter 18: Norbert the Norwegian Ridgeback
Chapter 19: Detention
Chapter 20: The Trapdoor
Chapter 21: The Man with Two Faces
Chapter 22: The Years' End
A/N
Chapter 23: Glimpse into the Future
The Chamber of Secrets
Chapter 1: The Worst Birthday
Chapter 2: Secret Visit
Chapter 3: The Burrow
Chapter 4: Flourish and Blotts
Chapter 5: The Whomping Willow
Chapter 6: Gilderoy Lockhart
Chapter 7: The Blood Message
Chapter 8: The Legend
Chapter 9: Quidditch Match
Chapter 10: The Duelling Club
Chapter 11: Secret Diary

Chapter 10: First Night

3.6K 97 28
By AlphaStilinski13

Marble Staircase – Hogwarts – Later – Night

As the new Gryffindors follow Percy up the staircase, Harry stares in wonderment at the portraits on the walls: the people in them move.

"This is the most direct path to the dormitory, except on Fridays, of course, when the staircases... change." Percy points out. As the staircase before them moves to the right, Percy waits briefly, then leads on without comment to a new corridor. Up ahead, Harry spies a bundle of walking sticks floating in mid-air. Without warning, the walking sticks come flying forth. As the First Years duck and dodge, Percy sighs in annoyance. "Gryffindors, I give up Peeves, Hogwarts resident poltergeist." Pop! A tiny translucent man with wicked eyes and wide mouth appears, clutching the last walking stick. He is Peeves.

"Oooh! Ickle Firsties! What fun!" With that, Peeves swoops off, wagging his tongue and bouncing a walking stick off Neville's head. Moving on, Percy continues to bring them to the Gryffindor Common Room. "Rather a nuisance, I'm afraid. Ah. Here we are."

At the very end of the corridor, hangs a portrait of a woman in a pink silk dress. She looks at Percy.

"Password?" The Pink Lady asks.

"Caput Draconis."

The portrait swings forward, revealing a round hole in the wall. The students all scramble through it, into the Gryffindor Common Room. The students enter a cosy, round room, filled with squashy armchairs. At the top of a spiral staircase, are two doors.

"Girls' dormitory to the left. Boys to the right. You'll find your belongings have already been brought up. Any questions?" it's silent. "Then, goodnight, all. Oh, and don't forget. Before retiring, please place all living potion ingredients in your cupboards. This includes slugs, fire beetles and cutworms. Sweet dreams..."

Boys Tower Dormitory – Later – Night

Moonlight falls through the tower windows as Ron, Neville and Seamus slumber. As we find Harry, he is sleeping too, but it is not restful. He twitches and turns... there is a flash of green... then he awakens with a start, sits up. Trembling. He glances about the room, then lies slowly back. Eyes open.

"Oh my poor boy." Sirius whispered; he knew the effect nightmares can have all too well.

***

The scene changes to the Slytherin students walking to the dungeons, the entrance of the Slytherin House was a green door with a huge silver and black snake guarding it.

"Salazar." The prefect said the password and the snake on the door moved revealing the entrance to common room.

The common room was a dungeon like room with rough stone walls and high ceiling with beautiful chandeliers hanging on chains. A fire was crackling under a carved mantelpiece ahead, It had lots of green button tufted and leather sofas with dark wood cupboards. The atmosphere was grand but also quite cold. In short, it can be said that it made you feel like a Royalty.

Everyone in the hall was in awe of the common room in which the Slytherins took great pride. They knew their common room was fit for the royalty that every Slytherin was.

"The chandeliers are so beautiful." Lily whispered but was heard by everyone in the Hall.

The sixth-year steps forward. "I am Charles Burke, sixth-year. Slytherin house maintains a court system. A King or Queen those rules over Slytherin. This position is highly respected even by alumni. Rules of court are that you always obey the King or Queen. Should you fail to comply, they will choose your punishment as they see fit. Each King or Queen appoints a court while they are in power, should they fall, a new court is appointed."

"You actually have a Monarch in Slytherin." Hermione scoffed. "The only Monarch is the Royal Family."

"That's the Muggle Monarch, Miss Granger." Sirius explained. "The Slytherin Court is determined by the power an individual has, they are the leaders for Slytherin and ensure the protection for the students." (A/N: Honestly my mind went blank on this part, if you guys have something better, I welcome it).

"The current King is Xavier Rosier. His court consists of 6 upper-year Slytherin who I'm sure you'll meet eventually. When a new King or Queen is named, they are allowed to name a co-monarch that will rule alongside them. They will be second in command and not an equal. Only the reigning King or Queen has total control. They also must appoint a court of their own, no less than 3 and no more than 9."

"Since the court has been addressed, there is one last thing until Professor Snape wishes to address you. Curfew is at 10:00 pm. The first-year boy's dorms are on the right, girls on the left. There is a charm in place so that no member of the opposite gender can enter the other's dorms. Your name will be on the plaque on the door to your room. Each of you has your own dorms."

"Now for Professor Snape." He introduced. A tall man, dressed entirely in black appeared in the middle of the common room.

"Thank you, Burke." He drawled, "Welcome to Slytherin, I am Professor Snape, Slytherin's head of house and potions master of Hogwarts. First, the rules that are to be followed."

"Our first and most important rule. Don't get caught. We've all been there, if you are doing something that isn't deemed appropriate, do not get caught. If you do, at least make it so I catch you. If you can't already tell, most professors and even the headmaster hold prejudice over the house of Slytherin so be careful."

"The second rule, we stick together. Under no circumstance are you to be seen acting against one of your fellow Slytherins outside of this common room. We are already hated; we must provide a united front, or the other houses will use it against us. If you can't handle your own conflicts, see a prefect, me or the royal court."

"The third rule, we do not snitch. This is a safe space. If we cannot be comfortable in our own common room, where else can we go? If you do happen to snitch, there will be repercussions. Do I make myself clear?" Every first-year nods.

"The fourth rule, under no circumstances should you bring a member of another house within our common room. It is strictly forbidden. You will be punished in the worst possible way imaginable, and that is only by me. This is a Slytherin tradition, and should it be broken, you will be in a world of pain."

"I expect the utmost respect and maturity from my house. We do not act like a bunch of needy children here. You are also expected to maintain a respectable grade in all your classes. We do not tolerate slackers here," he eyed all of us before they landed on me, he froze in shock momentarily, " Be in the common room at 7:30 am tomorrow morning, the prefects will then lead you to the Great Hall for breakfast. At breakfast, you will all receive your schedules. You are free to go." All the students all dispersed and began making our way to our dorms.

"It's really cold in here." A first-year says. Zoe looks around and sees other students shivering.

"Is it really that cold?"

"It is. We have no heating and we're under the Black Lake. It's freezing in there." Barty said, he looked at the Gryffindors. "But because we're Slytherins, no one actually cares." He said sarcastically.

Zoe bends down to the floor and places her hands down on the floor. Everyone stops to look at her. "Calor. [Subtitled: Heat]" She whispers, a red hue escapes her hand, and a low hum emits from the floor. She walks to the fireplace ad raises her hand. "Flamma. [Subtitled: Flame]" She whispers, and a loud roar echoes the room as the fire enlarges within the fireplace.

The students mutter. "It's so warm!"

"That's so much better!"

"Thanks Zoe!"

"Alright Slytherin!" Charles Burke yells. "It's getting late, and you have an early start, everyone to bed. Zoe goes to the stairs when she hears whispers.

"The heir. This way." She turns to see an ebony door materialise on the wall between the two stairs. She walks towards it when a sixth-year yells.

"You can't go to that!" Zoe turns. The camera shows the corner of the room, it shows a sixth-year boy watching the exchange. He has black hair and a silver crown upon his head. It was the Slytherin King, Xavier Rosier.

"Who's that?" Arthur asked.

"I'm guessing the king, since he has a crown on his head." Barty responded sarcastically.

"Uncie Xavi!" Jean yelled.

"Unci Xavi?" Harry asked out loud.

"Xavier and mum were close during their time at Hogwarts, then when he left, they stayed in contact, he become one of her brothers and one of our uncles." Scorpius answered. Harry looked down in guilt. He became the brother that he should have been, her kids don't even refer to his as uncle Harry, just Harry. He needs to change that now, he can't change the past, but he can change the future.

"Why not?" Zoe asks.

"Why they say that?" Harry whispered to his sister.

She gestured to the screen. "Keep watching, you'll find out soon."

"Salazar Slytherin had a dorm made just for his daughter when she came to Hogwarts, he didn't trust anyone not to harm her for who her father was. So, he made her a safe haven, his magic created this room to change into whatever she wanted so she would never be unhappy, and so she would be the only one to open, he used blood magic to infuse his actual magic into the wards surrounding it, so only a member of his family or his heir can open it." Charles Burke explains.

Zoe stands in front of the door, her back towards the students. "You mean like this?" She says as she pushes the door open. The students gasps, three animals leave the room: a Tiger, an Occamy and a Runespoor. "My babies!" Zoe squeals, the camera changes to show the students move back in fear, but King Xavier leaned closer in anticipation.

"W-who are they?" A student stutters in fear.

Seeing their reactions, Zoe reassures them. "You don't have to worry, they won't harm you unless you intend to harm me or my family. Because we're in the same house, you become my family, they'll protect you and they'll inform me if anyone is in trouble."

"How did you get them?" King Xavier asks. "They aren't on the list of accepted pets."

"Papa brought them for me, we even got permission from the Ministry to allow me to have them. If Weasley can bring a rat, Lee Jordan can have a tarantula, and I doubt that they actually have permission from the Ministry, only Dumbledore, then I can have whatever I want."

"Introduce them to us." Xavier demands, she didn't like his demanding things of her but knew she had to listen for he was the Slytherin King, she was a first year. She could easily take him down but knew she had to bind her time until needed.

"Spike." She points to the Tiger. "Sapphire." The Occamy. "Asmodeus, Diablo and Medusa." The Runespoor. "Now if you'll excuse me, I'm tired and wish to retire to my dorm." She walks into her dorm with the animals, she doesn't wait for any reply. She shuts the door and lays on her back on the bed and sighs.

"Who are you?" A voices says in the background, Zoe turns but the scene cuts to black.

"What the hell!" Everyone yelled.

"What happened? Who was it?" Regulus asked Zoe.

"I'm not telling." She smirked as everyone groans. "If it doesn't show by the end of the movie then I'll tell you."

Author Notes:

Hi guys, can't believe I was able to get an update so soon when I'm meant to be working on the Hidden.

New Character:

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

4.9M 147K 95
Two burning hearts that dared to break Remeber, nobody said that it would last forever. Harry Potter, the boy who lived, had always felt as if everyo...
400K 8.9K 62
"tell me potter, is that all i am to you?" •••••• harryxreader they/she pronouns will be used:) •••••• y/n l/n, starting their fourth year at hogwar...
123K 4K 46
𝓑𝓪𝓼𝓮𝓭 𝓸𝓷 𝓗𝓪𝓻𝓻𝔂 𝓟𝓸𝓽𝓽𝓮𝓻 𝓪𝓷𝓭 𝓽𝓱𝓮 𝓞𝓻𝓭𝓮𝓻 𝓸𝓯 𝓟𝓱𝓸𝓮𝓷𝓲𝔁 Inspired by: whoopsies13 This is Book 4 to the Hermione X Reader...
201K 5.2K 44
It was in 1977 with the Marauders era when James Potter tried to get Lily-pa- I MEAN Lily Evans to go out with him but declined him saying she doesn'...