The Truth | Draco Malfoy

By AlphaStilinski13

It day began as any other, everyone in the great hall when a group appeared. They were watching movies; peopl... More

Coming Soon
Prologue
Cast (Past)
Cast (Present)
Cast (Future)
The Philosopher Stone
Chapter 1: 31st October 1981
Hi
Chapter 2: Zoe's Young Life
Chapter 3: 10 Years on
Chapter 4: The Mystery Letters
Chapter 5: The Gentle Giant
Chapter 6: Diagon Alley
Chapter 7: Diagon Alley Part 2
Chapter 8: Platform 9 and 3/4
Chapter 10: First Night
Chapter 11: First Classes
Author Note
Chapter 12: Halloween
Chapter 13: First Match
Chapter 14: Christmas
Chapter 15: Zoe's Christmas
Chapter 16: Mirror of Erised
Chapter 17: Nicholas Flamel
Chapter 18: Norbert the Norwegian Ridgeback
Chapter 19: Detention
Chapter 20: The Trapdoor
Chapter 21: The Man with Two Faces
Chapter 22: The Years' End
A/N
Chapter 23: Glimpse into the Future
The Chamber of Secrets
Chapter 1: The Worst Birthday
Chapter 2: Secret Visit
Chapter 3: The Burrow
Chapter 4: Flourish and Blotts
Chapter 5: The Whomping Willow
Chapter 6: Gilderoy Lockhart
Chapter 7: The Blood Message
Chapter 8: The Legend
Chapter 9: Quidditch Match
Chapter 10: The Duelling Club
Chapter 11: Secret Diary

Chapter 9: Sorting Hat

4K 92 27
By AlphaStilinski13

Hogsmeade Station – Hogwarts – Night

As the scarlet engine hisses to a stop, Harry and the others spill out. Harry's robes shimmer grandly, while Ron's second-hand silks show a bit too much sneaker. "Firs' years! Firs' years over here!" Hagrid gives Harry a wink as he comes loping out of the darkness, swinging a lamp. Ron, preoccupied with wiping his nose clean on his robes, stops, dumbstruck by Hagrid's size.

Black Lake – Moments Later – Night

A fleet of tiny boats glides silently over a glassy lake. Harry rides with Ron, Hermione and Neville Longbottom, gazing at the dark trees of the forest that surrounds them. A glint of silver flickers through the black trees, like a dream. Harry watches, transfixed. "You there! don' be trailin' yer fingers in the water. Yeh might find yeh don' get 'em all back."

Harry turns, sees that Hagrid is speaking to a pointy faced boy {Draco Malfoy}. Malfoy eyes Hagrid darkly, whispers to a pair of thick-looking boys {Crabbe and Goyle}. Harry peers into the black water, sees his own pale face looking back, then a soft glitter of reflected light dances on the surface. He looks up, watches a magnificent castle drift into view. Hogwarts.

Entrance Hall – Hogwarts Castle – Night

Harry and the others enter a grand entryway lit with flaming torches. Professor McGonagall, a rather severe-looking witch in an emerald cloak, stands before a pair of towering doors. She lifts her chin, surveys the new students.

"Welcome to Hogwarts. In a moment, you will pass through these doors and join your classmates, but before you can take your seats, you must be sorted into your Houses. They are Gryffindor, Hufflepuff, Ravenclaw, and Slytherin. While here, your House is, in many ways, your family. Your triumphs will earn your House points, while any rule-breaking will lose with the most is awarded the House Cup, a great honour. I hope each of you..."

"That's the same speech you gave us Minnie." Remus pointed out.

"I've always used that speech. It's straight to the point. You don't fix something that isn't broke."

Just then a rather large toad springs forth, croaks. "Trevor!" Neville blissfully relieved, gathers his toad, then peers up from the hem of Professor McGonagall's robes.

"...will be a credit to whichever House becomes yours. The Sorting Ceremony will begin momentarily." Professor McGonagall glowers at Neville, then exits. As she goes, there is a brief clamour of sound from the students waiting in the Great Hall beyond.

"Aww Minnie. That wasn't necessary. He found his pet after being worried. You scared the poor boy." Lily teased the professor.

"How exactly do they sort us?" Harry whispers to Ron.

"Some kind of test, I think. Fred says it hurts like hell, but I'm sure he was joking. At least... I think he was."

Just then, Draco Malfoy pushes through the crowd, shadowed by the boys from the boat. Malfoy stares openly at Harry's scar. "It's true then, what they were saying on the train. Harry Potter has come to Hogwarts." Harry's eyes slide, appraise the other two boys. "Oh. This is Crabbe and Goyle. And my name's Malfoy. Draco Malfoy." Ron coughs, masking a snigger. Malfoy's eyes narrow. "Think my name's funny, do you? No need to ask yours. Red hair, freckles, and a hand-me-down robe – you must be a Weasley." He insults Ron; he turns his head towards Harry. "You'll soon find out some wizarding families are better than others, Potter. You don't want to go making friends with the wrong sort. I can help you there." Malfoy extends his hand, but Harry's gaze remains level.

"I think I can tell the wrong sort for myself, thanks."

"Ha ha! That's my boy." James cheered at his son's words.

"Excuse you!" Zoe says. She walks in between Draco and Harry.

"Yes, tell off the Gryffindors!" Barty yelled.

"All he was doing was introducing himself and warning you against certain families." Her eyes flicker towards Ron, no one notices, except for Harry.

"You were warning me." Harry muttered.

"What was that sweetie?" Lily asked, hearing her son mumble something.

"Zoe was warning me when she defended Malfoy..." Harry paused. "...Draco..." He corrected. "... her eyes flickered to Ro-Weasley."

"Next time someone introduces themselves. Do the polite thing and shake their hand." Zoe grabs Draco's hand and pull him away, in time for the sorting ceremony.

"Well, he's rather disagreeable, isn't he?" Hermione says.

"Bloody hell, you're everywhere." Sirius said as he was jump-scared causing Hermione to blush. He hadn't realised she was there.

Ron and Harry turn, see Hermione. Just then, Professor McGonagall returns. "We are ready for you." She opens the door and the Great Hall is seen.

Harry and the others file into a strangely splendid place lit by thousands of candles floating in mid-air over four long tables lined with students. Harry looks to the windows below the ceiling, finds glorious stars and an icy blue moon.

"It's not real, the ceiling. It's only bewitched to look like the night sky. I read about it in Hogwarts, A History." Hermione says to Harry – he just ignored her. Professor McGonagall sweeps to the front of the room where a wizard's hat – patched and frayed – sits on a stool.

"Before we begin, Professor Dumbledore would like to say a few words." Harry watched with great interest as the great wizard himself rises from his seat at the High Table.

"Yes, and here they are: Nitwit! Blubber! Oddment! Tweak! Thank you!" The Great Hall thunders with applause.

"I hear he's a genius."

"He's an idiot." Zoe scoffs at Hermione's words.

"How could you say that! He's the greatest wizard of all. He defeated Grindelwald." Hermione says to Zoe in shock.

"Yes. He defeated one person in his whole life. He killed someone he was in love with and was given eternal glory which he milks to get what he wants." Zoe walks away from Hermione, who is speechless. As the applause subsides, the hat twitches. At the brim, a rip opens wide, and the hat begins to talk.

"Oh damn!" Barty snapped his fingers.

"Oh, you may not think I'm pretty. But don't judge on what you see I'll eat myself if you can find a smarter hat than me. There's nothing hidden in your head The Sorting Hat can't see. So, try me on and I will tell you where you ought to be..." As the students applaud, the hat takes a bow and Professor McGonagall steps forward with a roll of parchment.

"When I call your name, you will come forth, put on the hat and be sorted." Minerva looks down at the list of students and calls the first name. "Hermione Granger."

"Oh dear. Here it is, isn't it? the moment. Goodness. What if the hat says nothing and we're all just left standing here forever...?" Hermione mumbles to herself.

"Mental, that one. I'm telling you." Ron whispers to Harry as Hermione walks to the stool.

"RONALD BILLIUS WEASLEY!"

Both watch Hermione seat herself, lower the Hat.

"That muggle-born is definitely a Gryffindor, her search for knowledge might appear like a Ravenclaw but the arrogance and ignorance for understanding and the need to show off is all Gryffindor." Zoe mutters to Draco, making him laugh.

"How much do you want to bet that she thinks she knows everything and is better than everyone just because she's read a few books about our world." Blaise whispers to them.

"I am not arrogant nor ignorant!" Hermione raged.

Zoe looked at Hermione. "Name a tradition." Hermione didn't answer. "See... you can't name one, because – as I've repeated multiple times – you refuse to learn out traditions but expect us to conform to your beliefs, expecting us to abandon ours.

"GRYFFINDOR!" Percy pulls out a chair for Hermione at the Gryffindor table.

"Told you." Zoe and Draco laugh quietly.

The next name is called. "Draco Malfoy."

"Slytherin." Ron whispers to Harry. Draco Malfoy swaggers forth and grips the hat. He's barely touched it to his head.

"SLYTHERIN!"

Harry looks at Ron in amazement. "There's not a witch or wizard who went bad who wasn't in Slytherin. Draco's father was one of the first to join You-Know-Who when he got power. And one of the first to come back when he lost it."

"I believe it would do you good not to gossip." A voice says behind them. Ron and Harry turns, it's Zoe. "I'll have you know that Merlin himself was a Slytherin, and he wasn't the only 'good Slytherin'." Zoe air-speeches the words 'good Slytherin'. "You have Horace Slughorn, Potion Master, Slytherin Head and was friends with Muggle-borns; Leta Lestrange, an Auror who sacrificed herself in the fight against Grindelwald; Cedrella Black, any guesses on her married name." Zoe looks at the boys. But they don't answer. "Her married name was Weasley, your grandmother and finally Dorea Black, wanna guess her married name." Zoe moves her head towards Harry. "Potter. It's not because they were in Slytherin if there were a few evil wizards and witches. Not every member of the house is bad just because it has the reputation of being the "evil house." It would be like to arguing that all Gryffindors are courageous, all Hufflepuffs are kind, and all Ravenclaws are intelligent and humorous. In the end, the hat places you in the home where you belong, the one where your abilities and development will advance the greatest. Hence, instead of judging people by their homes, focus on their behaviour and how they treat others. So, the both of you have ties to Slytherin and even House Black. So, I suggest you do your damn research before talking. Or it will come back to bit you in the ass."

"She's right." Arthur spoke. "My mother was a Black. Cedrella Black, disowned by the family for marrying my father and for being a blood-traitor. Fun fact. Not only are we related to the House of Black but also Crouch and Longbottom."

"And my grandmother was Dorea Potter nee Black. Both were Slytherin."

"Susan Bones." As Susan Bones dashes up front, Harry glances to the High Table. Dumbledore watches the proceedings placidly, while Professor Quirrell talks to a hook-nosed man with greasy black hair and sallow skin, Professor Snape. Slowly, as if he can feel Harry's gaze, Snape turns, looks straight into Harry's eyes. Instantly, a sharp, hot pain shoots across Harry's scar.

"Ouch!" Harry touches his scar lightly.

"Harry? What is it?"

"N-nothing. I'm fine."

"HUFFLEPUFF!"

"Ronald Weasley." As Ron steps nervously away, Harry glances back to the High Table. Snape has returned to his conversation.

"Another Weasley! I know just what to do with you! GRYFFINDOR!" Fred and George whoop loudly as Ron comes grinning out of the hat, greatly relieved. Harry starts to clap himself when his name is called.

"Harry Potter." There is an abrupt drop in the chatter. As Harry makes his way, he avoids the eyes of the many who stare and whisper. "If you will, Mr Potter."

Harry sits, takes the hat, and... slowly... lowers it. He waits, then the hat begins to speak. "Hmmm. Difficult. Very difficult. Plenty of courage, I see. Not a bag mind either. There's talent, oh yes, and a thirst to prove yourself. But where to put you...?" Harry grips the edge of the stool, closes his eyes. His lips move ever so slightly.

"Not Slytherin. Not Slytherin." He whispers to the hat.

"What exactly is wrong with Slytherin?" Zoe asked her 'brother'. "You met one person and you decided to hate us. Only because you heard other people's opinion. People who hate Slytherin."

"I didn't have a good introduction to Slytherin." Harry scoffed.

"But you didn't find out who we really are. We're just 'slimy snakes' to everyone." Zoe mimics the term.

"Enough." James demanded. "You are brother and sister. This isn't how you are supposed to treat each other. Harry." He looked at his son. "Zoe is right. You are only acting on rumours. You've not tried to learn about her. you've just followed what he said." He pointed to Ron. "Zoe... you're brother was new to the Wizarding World. He didn't know what to learn. You are his older sister. You should have helped him learn."

Zoe stood up in anger. "I did though. You find out later on. I did try to get to know him but he treated me like shit!" Harry looked down in shame. "He treated me like I was worthless. I've made sure he was safe; all my work was behind the scenes so he wouldn't find out. Because I knew if I told him directly, then he wouldn't listen. There's only so much you can take but giving up." She whispered the last sentence, tears uncontrollable at this point. Seeing the tears, James was just about to stand to comfort her but someone beat him to it... Severus had beaten him to it.

"It's okay." Severus whispered in his future goddaughter's ear. She hugged him tightly, not wanting him to let go, his death still fresh in her mind. "It's okay. You continue with the movie. I'm taking her outside to calm down."

"Not Slytherin, eh? Are you sure? You could be great, you know, it's all here in your head, and Slytherin will help you on the way to greatness, no doubt about that... No? Well, if you're sure... better by GRYFFINDOR!" A roar erupts from the Gryffindor table. Harry stands shakily and walks to his table, where Percy, the Weasley twins, and Hermione all welcome him. At the High Table, Dumbledore lifts his goblet and, meeting Harry's eyes... nods.

"Great job son." James whispered to his son; he didn't want to yell after what just happened. He was proud of him getting into Gryffindor. But he didn't care what house he would be in. a few seconds later, Zoe and Severus walked back in. "Just in time..." James smiled at his daughter. "It's time for your sorting."

"Zoe Ollivander!" Professor McGonagall calls.

"Why didn't it say Potter?" Molly asked. She tuts. "You are a Potter dear, not an Ollivander."

"Garrick Ollivander raised me. He is my father. So, don't you dare say otherwise." Zoe glared at Molly.

Zoe walks to the stool; she sits down and the sorting place is placed on her head. The hat gasps.

"Welcome your highness." Zoe smirks. The scene changes to show the students muttering, it changes to the candles in the ceiling flare higher, fireplaces roar loudly, and magical golden dust fills the floor. "Many ideas in your mind. I hope everything goes well your highness."

"Thank you, Alistair."

"It's nice to finally see your return. ZOE OLLIVANDER BELONGS TO ALL HOUSES."

"My daughter goes for all houses!" James jumped and cheered. Sirius, Remus, Severus, Regulus, Lucius and Barty jumped up and cheered, making the others laugh.

"Miss Ollivander." Professor McGonagall says making Zoe look at her. "Since the sorting hat hasn't sorted you, you can choose what House you would like."

"Really." Zoe drawls out. "Well, it's no competition, is it?" The scene shows Gryffindor sitting up proudly, with arrogant looks on their face. "Slytherin!" She calls out.

Severus smirked proudly at his goddaughter. All the Slytherins in the room (except Zoe) cheered at her words.

Gasps fill the hall, Slytherin sits there, looking regal and proud at another addition, a Potter no less. Zoe stands from the stool and walks over to Draco.

"Welcome My Queen." Draco greets her.

"Thank you, My King."

"Welcome Zoe." Blaise and Theo say in unison.

A scoff is heard. The Quartet look at where the sound came from. It was from a blonde girl, she is Daphne Greengrass.

"Excuse me." Zoe says.

"I see nothing queen-worthy of you. You are a blood-traitor Potter."

"Is this bitch for real?" Blaise asks the others, pointing his thumb at Daphne.

"It would appear she is." Draco says. "Darling, why don't you prove her wrong?" Zoe leans over and whispers something in Daphne's ear.

"What did you whisper?" Scorpius asked his mother; she placed a finger over her mouth, smirked and pointed to the screen. Everyone turned back to the screen.

Zoe leans back to her trio and whispers a spell. "Silencio." Daphne's face is filled with horror, her mouth gaps open, but no sound comes out. Zoe leans in again. "Insult me or my family again and I'll make it come true."

"Make what come true?" Lily asked.

"Her worst nightmare." Zoe shrugged.

Freshly sorted and seated, the Gryffindor first years watch in amazement as the empty plates before them suddenly... fill chops, sausages, bacon, steak – the feast of all feasts. Harry listens as a rather wild-looking boy names Seamus talks to another student, Dean Thomas.

"I'm half and half. Me dad's a Muggle, Mam's a witch. Bit of a nasty shock for him when he found out."

As Percy leans over to pour a strange liquid into Harry's goblet, Harry nods to the High Table, to Professor Snape.

"Say, Percy. Who's that teach talking to Professor Quirrell?"

"Hm? Oh. Professor Snape. Head of Slytherin House."

"What's he teach?"

"Potions. But everyone knows it's the Dark Arts he fancies. Been after Quirrell's job for years."

Harry looks back to Severus. He sees him smile softly, so soft that it was barely noticeable, Harry follows the professor's eyesight to Zoe.

"What's his relationship with Zoe?" Harry asks Percy.

"He's her godfather. Professor Snape would always talk about his perfect goddaughter, who's able to do all potions perfectly and how she would soon be coming to Hogwarts. The only female Ollivander." Harry wants to ask about the last sentence but just then, several students shriek as a volley of ghosts stream into the hall overheard. One swoops down. "Hello, Sir Nicolas. Have a nice summer?"

"Dismal. What with the Slytherins winning the House Cup six years in a row, the Bloody Baron's become unbearable." Nick nods his head in the direction of the Slytherin table, where a horrific, blood-stained ghost hovers imperiously. "Then again, he's always been unbearable."

"You're nearly headless Nick!" Ron exclaims.

"I prefer Sir Nicolas, if you don't mind."

"Nearly headless? How can you be nearly headless?" Hermione asks, obnoxiously.

Knowing what was about to happen, Zoe hid Jean's eyes. "Mummy! I can't see! I'm blind!"

Draco laughs at his daughter's dramatics. "You're not blind sweetheart, mummy's hiding your eyes for a minute."

"Like this." Seizing himself by the left ear, Nick swings his entire head off his neck and onto his shoulder, as if it were on a hinge.

Neville pushes the plate of food away. "I think I'm done eating."

Just then, Dumbledore rises at the High Table.

Zoe releases her daughter's eyes. "I can see!" Jean cheered, making everyone laugh.

"I have a few start-of-term notices to announce. First Years should note that the Dark Forest is strictly forbidden to all pupils. Also, our caretaker, Mr Filch has asked me to remind you that..." Filch, a sour-looking man, stands near a side exit while Mrs Norris, a cat with glittering red eyes, sits by his feet. "...no magic should be used between classes in the corridors. And finally, please note that this year, the third-floor corridor on the right-hand side is out of bounds to everyone who does not wish to die a most painful death." Hearing this, Ron stops chewing for the first time, glances at Harry. But before either can speak... "And now, let us sing the school song! Everyone pick their favourite tune and off we go!"

"Why would you say that to children!" Narcissa yelled. "Hogwarts is meant to be safe, why would have something that can cause death around children who like to explore, especially when their told not to go to a specific area!"

Professor McGonagall rolls her eyes slightly as Dumbledore wields his wand. Consulting the parchment of lyrics placed beside their plates, Harry and his fellow First Years join a rousing, but rather discordant, chorus of voices. The scene slowly fades to black as the voices continue. "Hogwarts, Hogwarts, Hoggy Warty Hogwarts. Teach us things worth knowing. Bring back what we're forgot. Just do your best, we'll do the rest. And learn until our brains all rot..."

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

97.5K 3.4K 59
It's 1976 and the students at the Hogwarts are in the midst of dinner on Halloween when eight movies are appeared and they are joined by 9 unknown yo...
9.2K 388 30
Various Harry Potter (girls) x Modern! fem reader *Warning⚠️ • Grammatical error • Foul language • All I published with pictures came from Pinterest...
671K 21.1K 79
"We must hide the child... even hiding her identity until then she will be safe." - Albus Dumbledore. Join Y/N's trip to Hogwarts, the wizarding worl...
200K 5.2K 44
It was in 1977 with the Marauders era when James Potter tried to get Lily-pa- I MEAN Lily Evans to go out with him but declined him saying she doesn'...