The Truth | Draco Malfoy

By AlphaStilinski13

It day began as any other, everyone in the great hall when a group appeared. They were watching movies; peopl... More

Coming Soon
Prologue
Cast (Past)
Cast (Present)
Cast (Future)
The Philosopher Stone
Chapter 1: 31st October 1981
Hi
Chapter 2: Zoe's Young Life
Chapter 4: The Mystery Letters
Chapter 5: The Gentle Giant
Chapter 6: Diagon Alley
Chapter 7: Diagon Alley Part 2
Chapter 8: Platform 9 and 3/4
Chapter 9: Sorting Hat
Chapter 10: First Night
Chapter 11: First Classes
Author Note
Chapter 12: Halloween
Chapter 13: First Match
Chapter 14: Christmas
Chapter 15: Zoe's Christmas
Chapter 16: Mirror of Erised
Chapter 17: Nicholas Flamel
Chapter 18: Norbert the Norwegian Ridgeback
Chapter 19: Detention
Chapter 20: The Trapdoor
Chapter 21: The Man with Two Faces
Chapter 22: The Years' End
A/N
Chapter 23: Glimpse into the Future
The Chamber of Secrets
Chapter 1: The Worst Birthday
Chapter 2: Secret Visit
Chapter 3: The Burrow
Chapter 4: Flourish and Blotts
Chapter 5: The Whomping Willow
Chapter 6: Gilderoy Lockhart
Chapter 7: The Blood Message
Chapter 8: The Legend
Chapter 9: Quidditch Match
Chapter 10: The Duelling Club
Chapter 11: Secret Diary

Chapter 3: 10 Years on

4.7K 96 5
By AlphaStilinski13

Words formed on the screen: 10 Years On

Location: Cupboard – Number Four Privet Drive – Morning

A pair of blinking green eyes jerk into the light.

"Up! Now!" A woman's voice shrieks.

"I know that voice." Lily said. "It's Petunia."

"If that's Petunia. This is where Harry's living." James pointed out.

THUMP! THUMP! THUMP! A banging is heard on the door.

"I said now!" Petunia yells.

Footsteps fade away. Harry Potter, now ten years old, swings his skinny legs to the floor.

"Oh, Harry. You're so small." Lily whispered.

He's small. Which is lucky as his room is not really a room at all, but merely a cupboard under the stairs.

"YOU'RE SLEEPING IN A CUPBOARD." Lily and James yelled in anger.

"It stopped that year." Harry said, trying to calm him parents, but he wasn't successful.

"I'M GOING TO KILL HER!"

"WAKE UP COUSIN! WAKE UP!"

The camera moves back down to show Harry calmly taking a pair of eyeglasses – taped at the bridge with sellotape – from a nail.

Hallway – Day

Harry comes blinking out the cupboard door, watches his enormous cousin, Dudley, thunder down the last step. Jus the, Harry's Aunt Petunia appears in the kitchen ahead.

"There's the birthday boy! Don't you look smart for your trip to the zoo." Petunia scows at Harry. "You mind the bacon. And don't you dare let it burn. I want everything perfect on my Diddykin's special day."

"Yes, Aunt Petunia." Harry says. Everything had to be perfect. Aunt Petunia often said that Dudley looked like a baby angel — Harry often said that Dudley looked like a pig in a wig.

"He's not a house elf! He's a little boy." Sirius yelled at the screen.

"We shouldn't be treating house elves life that anyway." Regulus muttered, but no one heard him.

Kitchen – Day

Harry enters, finds his Uncle Vernon reading the Daily Mail behind a monstrous pile of presents.

"Bring my coffee, boy." Vernon demands.

"Yes, Uncle Vernon." Harry says.

Dudley enters, stares at the presents.

"How many are there?" Dudley asks

"Thirty-six. Counted them myself." Vernon says proudly.

"Thirty-six. But last year... last year I had thirty-seven." Dudley

"Well now, son, some of these are quite a bigger than last year..." Uncle Vernon tries to explain.

"I DON'T CARE HOW BIG THEY ARE!" Dudley yells, acting like the spoilt brat he was.

"Now, now, here's what we'll do. Today, when we're out, we'll buy you two more presents. How's that, popkin?" Aunt Petunia says, trying to calm her son. She would have done anything.

"That is not how to raise a child. All you're doing to enabling his behaviour by rewarding it." Lily scoffed at her sister's behaviour. Narcissa and Molly agreed with her.

"So, then I'll have... I'll have..." Dudley struggles to do the simple addition.

Ring! Ring! The telephone goes off.

"Thirty-eight, popkin." Harry teases. Petunia cuffs Harry on the head as she makes her way to the ringing telephone.

"You just mind that bacon!" Petunia demands.

"Yes, Aunt Petunia." Harry repeats.

As Dudley tears open a box of lead soldiers, Uncle Vernon ruffles his hair.

"Want your money's worth, don't you tiger." Vernon laughs. "Well, look there. Aunt Marge's sent you the Fourth Battalion."

Dudley twists the head off one. "This one's lost its head."

"Well now, son. Remember, we talked about this. They're not meant to move..."

As Dudley tosses the damaged soldier aside, Harry studies it closely, then... Aunt Petunia hangs up the phone, turns.

"Bad news." She begins. "Mrs Figgs' broken her leg. She can't take him."

"We could phone Yvonne." Vernon suggests.

"Don't be silly. She hates the boy."

"You could just leave me here." The adults look at Harry with shock.

"And come back to find the house in ruins."

"I... Don't... Want... Him... To... Come! He... always... spoils... everything!" Dudley begins to cry.

"Now, precious, don't cry. He won't spoil anything. What is Mummy buys you three more presents."

"Three?"

"As many as you want, sweetums."

"Petunia you can't do that! Mum and dad never did that to us. They actually disciplined us." Lily says out loud.

As Aunt Petunia cuddles him, Dudley shoots Harry a nasty grin through the gap in his mother's arms.

"I hate that little brat." Sirius glares at the screen.

"Another reason why mudbloods are pathetic." Lucius sneered.

Number Four Privet Drive – A Bit Later

As Harry gets in the car, Uncle Vernon leans close. "I'm warning you now, boy. Any funny business, any at all, and you'll have no meals for a week."

Zoo – Day

Happy children are seen walking hand in hand with their parents, as the scene transitions to the Reptile House.

Reptile House – Later – Day

Dudley presses his pudgy nose to a gleaming plate of glass.

"That's not a sight that should be seen." Severus looked away from the screen, making the Slytherins laugh.

"Make it move." Dudley demands.

Uncle Vernon looks over a zoo map at the huge Burmese python curled beyond the glass. Raps his knuckles. Nothing.

"He's asleep." Harry sighs.

"He's boring." Dudley scoffs.

Dudley waddles away and the others follow, all but Harry, who steps forward and rubs Dudley's noseprint from the glass.

"Sorry about him. He doesn't understand what it's like, lying there day after day, watching people press their ugly faces in on you..." The snake nods. Harry stops, looks off, the back. He whispers. "Can you hear me?"

The past visitors were silent. "Prongs..." Sirius spoke. "Your soon is taking to a snake." James nodded, not saying anything. Harry was scared how his father would react. James and Sirius looked at each other. "COOL!" They both yelled.

"You don't hate me?" Harry asked.

James looked at his son. "Of course not. That is so cool. Being a Parseltongue is rare. Its a gift that should be accepted not rejected." Zoe and the Slytherins were shocked by James' words. Had he meant that? Our was he just saying it because it was his son?

"Parseltongue is dark magic!" Molly yelled. Zoe groaned at her voice.

"Shut up!" Zoe yelled. "There is no such thing as dark and light magic, only intent matters!"

"Molly." Arthur said, Molly looked at him. "Enough. Let's watch the movies first ten we can have a discussion. Understood." Not was shocked at her husband's words. Her had never been so demanding before.

The snake cocks its head and... winks. "It's just, I've never talked to a snake before. Do you, I mean... do you talk to people often?" The snake regards Harry... then slowly shakes its head no. Harry nods, looking a bit unnerved. "So... you're from Burma, aren't you? Was it nice there? Do you miss your family?" The snake gestures to the side, Harry moves his head and sees a sign 'Bred in Captivity'. "I see. That's me as well. I never knew my parents either."

"MUMMY! DAD! COME HERE! You don't believe what this snake is doing!" Dudley jabs Harry hard in the ribs, sending him tumbling to the concrete floor.

"HOW DARE YOU PUSH MY SON!" James was outraged by the action. He'll make sure that his son's protected.

Angry, Harry looks up as Dudley leans against the glass and it... vanishes. Dudley flops forward, the snake slithers out, and people run screaming.

"Thanks." The snake hisses.

"No... no problem." Harry shrugs.

Stunned, Harry watches the python slip into the sunshine, then glances back to the snake tank. The glass has reappeared and Dudley sits within, face pale, eyes frozen in terror.

Number Four Privet Drive – Later – Day

Uncle Vernon, face purple with rage, drags Harry by his hair.

"Release him you giant walrus!" Demands filled the room.

"I swear, I don't know how it happened! One minute the glass was there and then it was gone. It was like magic."

Uncle Vernon hurls Harry into the cupboard, stares hard.

"There's... no... such... thing... as... magic!"

The door slams. Harry sits quietly. Then, from his pocket, he removed the damaged soldier Dudley had discarded earlier. Reaching up, he places it on a dark shelf, net to half a dozen others.

The scene fades to black.

"Do you guys want to continue our take a break?" Minvera asked the room.

"We have to continue! We're getting closer to Hogwarts." Everyone (except the present people) yelled.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

97.7K 3.4K 59
It's 1976 and the students at the Hogwarts are in the midst of dinner on Halloween when eight movies are appeared and they are joined by 9 unknown yo...
305K 8.7K 35
~ Year one ~ Warning: this is a journey through all of the books / movies so if you want a quick read, over and done with, I don't believe this is fo...
9.3K 388 30
Various Harry Potter (girls) x Modern! fem reader *Warning⚠️ • Grammatical error • Foul language • All I published with pictures came from Pinterest...
201K 5.2K 44
It was in 1977 with the Marauders era when James Potter tried to get Lily-pa- I MEAN Lily Evans to go out with him but declined him saying she doesn'...