The Summer Before

By LAArms21

Tessa's love life is full of clichés. She fell for the boy next door, her brother's best friend, and her chil... More

*****
Chapter One
Chapter Two
Chapter Three
Chapter Four
Chapter Five
Chapter Six
Chapter Seven
Chapter Eight
Chapter Nine
Chapter Ten
Chapter Eleven
Chapter Twelve
Chapter Thirteen
Chapter Fourteen
Chapter Fifteen
Chapter Sixteen
Chapter Seventeen
Chapter Eighteen
Chapter Nineteen
Chapter Twenty
Chapter Twenty-One
Chapter Twenty-Two
Chapter Twenty-Three
Chapter Twenty-Four
Chapter Twenty-Five
Chapter Twenty-Six
Chapter Twenty-Seven
Chapter Twenty-Eight
Chapter Twenty-Nine
Chapter Thirty
Chapter Thirty-Two
Chapter Thirty-Three
Chapter Thirty-Four
Chapter Thirty-Five
Chapter Thirty-Six
Chapter Thirty-Seven
Chapter Thirty-Eight
Chapter Thirty-Nine
Chapter Forty
Chapter Forty-One
Chapter Forty-Two
Chapter Forty-Three
Chapter Forty-Four
Chapter Forty-Five
Chapter Forty-Six
Chapter Forty-Seven
Chapter Forty-Eight
Chapter Forty-Nine
Chapter Fifty
Chapter Fifty-One
Chapter Fifty-Two
Chapter Fifty-Three
Chapter Fifty-Four
Chapter Fifty-Five
Epilouge

Chapter Thirty-One

1.2K 60 12
By LAArms21

*Present day*

Levi

I woke drenched in my own sweat, chest heaving with effort. All thanks to the dream I had last night.

I was back at the lake house in a familiar bedroom. Tessa was with me- and when I say with me, I mean she was on top of me, riding me like she did that night so long ago. Her hips rocked against me as I guided her with steady hands, never wanting the night to end.

Everything from that night came flooding back. I remembered how she felt, how she watched me through those emerald eyes, the silkiness of her skin on mine, and every sound she made. It felt so real, almost as if I were there again, living that memory with her.

My dick was at full attention, so close to release. I was shocked I hadn't finished in my sleep; the dream was so realistic. I let out a shaky breath, fisting my erection, letting my mind wander back to that dream. I didn't care what I was doing or who I was thinking about while doing it. I just needed to come.

It didn't take long for me to find my release. I was already primed and ready to go. When I thought of Tessa bucking against me, I was a goner. I ferociously shot my load into my hand, coming harder than I had in months.

When I was done, I lay there thinking about her and everything we used to have. I'd be lying if I said I didn't miss it. I don't just mean the physical either. I miss her. I miss the way we used to talk, the way she made me feel. I miss it all.

She was the love of my life. Until she broke my heart.

That memory left me feeling bitter. I thought we had something special, but I was wrong. A small part of me still held on to the hope that things could change, that they could go back to the way they used to be.

Can they?

If I've been reading her right lately, our proximity is affecting her just as much as it is me. Maybe she wants things to go back to the way they were. If she does, can I really let myself go back there? Am I ready for that?

My morning was hazy. I barely remember getting ready for the day, going through the motions on autopilot. I was so messed up with my thoughts about Tessa and what could be that I hardly paid attention to what was happening around me.

Jason and Charlotte were already up eating breakfast when I made it downstairs. Lucky for me, Tessa wasn't there. It didn't help much with my tormented thoughts. After mumbling a quick good morning to J and Char, I went right back to contemplating my future life choices.

I was so wrapped up in wondering what the fuck I should do about my reemerging feelings for Tessa that I didn't hear her come into the kitchen. Flickers of my dream last night replayed in my head as I grabbed a plate from the cabinet.

I spun around to set it next to my coffee, not paying attention to anything around me. That's when it happened- I collided chest first into Tessa, nearly sending her sprawling to the ground.

My arms automatically reached for her, pulling her close, so she didn't fall. Our bodies were so close I could feel the way her breathing hitched as her hands reflexively snapped to my chest.

Thank God I wore a shirt!

Who knows what I would have done if her hands had slid over my bare skin? It was bad enough that this simple accident had me reeling.

I swallowed hard as I looked down at the woman in my arms. She didn't squirm or try to get free. She just stayed there, watching me, waiting to see what my next move would be.

"Sorry, Tess," I whispered.

Her eyes closed as my hot breath skimmed her cheeks. "It's okay, Levi. No harm done."

Just then, the toaster popped, breaking us out of our confusing, sexually charged moment of insanity. I slowly dropped my arms, letting her move from my grasp. The energy in the room was heavily charged, and I wasn't the only one who noticed.

I glanced at the couple sitting at the island. They were watching Tessa and me with wide eyes. I pretended not to notice, but I knew Jason and Charlotte had just witnessed the whatever-the-hell-that-was between Tessa and me.

They shared a look that mirrored my own racing mind- what the fuck was that?

I turned around, unable to watch as they tried to unpack what had just happened. My heart was pounding as I grabbed my breakfast, well aware of the woman standing only a foot away doing the same.

Every fiber of my being was tuned in to Tessa. It was like I could sense every move she made- just like I used to. It was familiar and terrifying.

On the one hand, I enjoyed the adrenaline-like rush she spurred inside me. On the other, I wanted to squash the feeling and bury it deep so I'd never risk getting hurt by her ever again.

When I sat down at the table, hoping to put space between us, I couldn't help but glance up at her. The moment I did that, I regretted it. What I saw only made my confusion worse.

Tessa was looking at me with a torn expression. She looked like she was having the same internal battle that I was. I looked away before I could make it any worse.

Why the fuck can't I just go back to hating her?

Why is the universe torturing me with these familiar feelings all over again?

I ate my breakfast in silence, glad that Tessa sat at the island with J and Char instead of at the dining table where I was. With effort, I trained my eyes on my food, refusing to look at her but wanting so badly to do so.

Our tiny bit of contact in the kitchen was enough to make my dick stir. I was half hard as I sat eating my toast and eggs, trying to will away my erection.

Why is this so difficult?

Why can't I just move on and leave her in the past where she belongs?

As my thoughts plagued me, I let my eyes wander to the island absent-mindedly. Jason and Char were talking about last-minute wedding details as Tessa nodded along. The moment my eyes landed on her, she looked my way as if sensing my gaze.

When our eyes met, I saw a familiar fire inside of them. It was the same lustful stare I'd noticed at the studio when my hand was on her leg as I hitched it high over my hip.

I'd be lying if I said I didn't feel something stir in my pants as we held that position. The dance wasn't one exes should practice together, but Tessa and I seemed to be gluttons for punishment, and the universe has one fucked up sense of humor.

My entire body felt the zing of our connection in that moment. I wanted her bad after that, and she seemed to feel the same. I should have gone for it, let off some steam, and helped both of us get through this last week without killing each other.

Maybe that's the solution.

My eyes narrowed as the thought hit me. Fuck, maybe that's all I need- all we both need- to let out some of this pent-up frustration. Maybe we just need to go a round or two to release the pressure our bodies have been building up around one another.

We just need a good old-fashioned hate fuck. Yeah, that's it.

Just a hot romp in the sheets to put these feelings to rest once and for all, then we can go back to normal. It will never be like it used to be, but maybe if we alleviate some of this tension, we can at least get back to a better place.

Hating her takes too much energy, and I'm running low on reserves.

Would she go for it?

The images of last night's dream come front and center once more as the possibility swirls in my head. We could make that a reality. Tessa and I could relive that night of passion again. Lord knows I haven't forgotten it; I doubt Tess has.

One night. Just one night. That's all we need. Then we can put this feud to rest.

But how do I convince her?

When I put my thoughts to rest for a moment, I realize I'm still looking at Tessa. The interesting thing- she's staring right back at me. And the look I saw earlier- it's still there, burning a hole through me as those emerald eyes bore right to my soul.

This may be easier than I thought.

A devious plan started forming in my mind as I watched Tessa through hooded eyes.

We have one more day at the dance studio. By the time this day is over, she'll come crawling to me, begging me to help her scratch that itch I know she has.

Before this week is through, I'll have Tessa right where I want her- on her knees, on her back, up against the wall, and maybe if she's lucky, bent over in the shower.

The idea took my dick from half-staff to raging in under ten seconds. I went to adjust myself but stopped, wanting to test out my theory. J and Char wouldn't see a thing with their backs to me. It was perfect.

Tessa had looked away, but I knew it wouldn't be long before those gorgeous greens landed on me again. I was right.

The moment she glanced my way again, I adjusted in my seat, letting her see how hard I was. When her eyes widened, I knew I'd hit the mark. Tessa didn't avert her gaze as she swallowed hard, training her eyes on my stiff erection.

To egg her on further, I fisted myself through my sweats, sliding my hand up and down a few times as she watched. Her eyes glazed over as she tracked my every move.

Oh yeah, this will work. If I know her at all, she's already soaked for me.

I smirked as I tucked myself into the band of my sweats, leaving Tessa wanting. Her eyes burned a hole through me as she zeroed in on my mouth. She knew I was teasing her. She knew I could see the longing in her gaze. Most importantly, she knew she wanted me.

I smiled as I looked away, focusing on my forgotten breakfast and now cold coffee.

This is going to be easy. 

A/N:

Annnd back to present. Tessa and Levi are both fighting some conflicting feelings. Which ones will win out in the end? 

If you can't wait to find out, hit that vote button and leave a comment. Each time you do, you're sending out little waves of magic to help the story pass on to other readers like yourselves. Thank you all so much for joining these two on their wild ride! 

Until next time! 

<3

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

107K 5K 52
Book 3 of 3 Highly recommend you read books 1 and 2 first. Mel just moved back to New York City. She left four years ago after the love of her life...
154K 4.5K 37
She's the one who timidly hides alone in the back of the library, her nose buried in countless books. He's the one who's surrounded by heaps of fello...
1.6M 41.3K 58
THIS IS NOT A FANFIC‼️ ❝you're my best friend, you've always been the good guy that's what everyone loves about you." I remind him, "there's nothing...
7.7K 200 24
"If you kiss me, things will change," she says quietly and flicks her eyes up from my lips to my eyes. "What's wrong with a little change?" I whisper...