π”½π•’π•œπ•– 𝔹𝕠π•ͺπ•—π•£π•šπ•–π•Ÿπ•• οΏ½...

By yawnninng

Where Beomgyu, a rich, young man hires a fake boyfriend, Yeonjun. The most important rule: don't fall in love... More

!Β‘CREDIT!Β‘
001
002
003
005
006
007
008
009
010
011
012
013
014
015
016
017
018
019
020
021
022
023
024
025
026
027
028
029
030
031
032
033
034
035
036
037
038
039
040
041
042
043
044
045
Epilogue

004

2.9K 135 81
By yawnninng

The Choi party is going smoothly, party guests drinking expensive champagne or wine, some holding plates or napkins while they ate their food. Some slip through the grapevine and hear about the unconfirmed marriage, expressing their jealousy that it isn't their daughter or niece getting married off to such a handsome fellow.

All of them oblivious to the meeting of five crowding in a small office room in awkward silence.

Well, it isn't a small room but with the five of them gathered around letting the silence fill the air and the alcohol from the smashed glass soaking into the rug it feels small. It is all too much for him with the three pairs of wide eyes on him. Even Taehyun is quiet and in Beomgyu's experience, it's hard to get him to shut up.

This has to be a joke... his parents are in utter disbelief, mouths moving like they want to say something but can't figure out what.

Would it be supportive or horrified? Beomgyu thinks the latter based on their initial reactions.

Beomgyu glances at Yeonjun, chest squeezing in pain, knowing his family could choose to disown him because he is with a boy as far as they know. And that boy is Yeonjun.

Despite the pain in his chest, it also calms him to see not an ounce of nervousness on his face, his eyebrows are furrowed the tiniest bit and his lips pursed. He looks ready to take on anyone who disapproves of them.

He's made his remark, it's their turn now and there's only one correct option.

Beomgyu's dad rolls his lips and sighs heavily, placing his hands on his hips, eyes on the floor.

"How long?" He scratches his head, trying to stay calm by the looks of it.

"One year, sir." Yeonjun takes the lead, although showing respect, you can hear the aggravation in his voice.

"When did you first..." he trails off, index finger flicking from one to the other. "Make it official?"

"April. We met at a dance event; he approached me to tell me how much he admired my dancing. A conversation started and it flowed easily..." Yeonjun glances at Beomgyu, showing as much love in his eyes as he can and smiling warmly. "It was like talking to a friend you'd known for years." Beomgyu smiles softly back at him, a little weakened by the fact he's terrified at the idea of what will happen to him. Soothed by Yeonjun's bigger hand squeezing his.

"We were together by mid-April and while it was impulsive and a bit out of character for Beomgyu–" He has no idea if that's true but from the argument he could hear while standing outside the door it, Beomgyu sounds to make little decisions for himself without advice from his family. Ones that will affect them too at least. "It was the best impulsive decision I know I've ever made."

Beomgyu's dad shakes his head, eyebrows furrowing. Things don't add up to him, so many questions left unanswered.

"That makes no sense... Beomgyu's never been a fan of dancing."

Yeonjun shrugs, internally rolling his eyes.

How hard is it to accept that your son is in a relationship and doesn't want an arranged marriage? Why does he have to provide evidence for their relation, while it is fake, they should have no reason to question it as that shouldn't be a suspicion.

"That's right," Yeonjun nods in agreement. "But Beomgyu's been living alone for a while now and eventually it gets tiring... I guess he just decided to try something new and came to one of our events. He loves dancing now, he's actually quite good at it too."

Another lie.

Beomgyu almost winces, great thought Yeonjun! He thinks sarcastically. What if he's expected to show his 'dancing skills' at some point? All he's got locked and loaded when it comes to dancing is the fucking whip and nae-nae.

Yet, he finds himself seconding Yeonjun's lie. "That's right, Junnie." He smiles up at the barely taller male, eyes meeting his.

If you witnessed the way they look at each other, you really would think they are in love.

It's a similar look to a couple going through their honeymoon phase, nothing bad could happen.

The nickname did something to raise suspicion because his father's eyes narrow on him, eyebrows flickering down in doubt.

Yeonjun loves the nickname. It's so easy for Beomgyu to do something so cute that Yeonjun wants to grab at his face and squish it between his hands. On the other hand, Beomgyu is seconds away from slapping himself silly, cringe nipping away at his skin like a fire ant.

"And you never told us about this relationship?" his father asks, arms folding in front of his chest.

"Not even Taehyun?" his mother speaks up sounding broken, sorrow in her eyes as she looks at Taehyun who shakes his head and then at Beomgyu.

"Beomgyu Hyung and I are too busy to talk much anymore. He would've told me if we weren't so caught up in studies..." He hopes that is true.

Beomgyu smiles at him weakly, fighting the urge to take his hand from Yeonjun's and scratch away the goosebumps. He could count everyone one and it still won't add up enough to express how guilty he feels. He knows it's not his fault he didn't tell Taehyun considering it's all a big lie, but he can't help but feel awful when Taehyun's round eyes meet his, puppy-like and disappointed. They used to tell each other everything.

"Beomgyu, why didn't you tell us about this?" Beomgyu's dad repeats, huffing when he looks at Yeonjun.

"Because I was afraid you wouldn't accept him." He is even though this is all fake, it could ruin his life, his relationship with his family, his status.

He bites his lip, fighting away tears caused by the risk he's taking. Yeonjun tightens the hold on his hand.

"It's because he comes from humble means, dad." Beomgyu puts it softly, worried eyes watching for even the tiniest of reaction from his dad.

Yeonjun shakes his head. "Beomgyu, you don't have to be so polite about it..." He chuckles softly, hoping to put Beomgyu at ease. "What he means to say is I don't come from a wealthy family, sir. To put it poetically, Beomgyu's a star in the sky while I'm an ordinary person in a crowd of people."

Beomgyu's dad raises an eyebrow and scoffs, pinching his nose. "So, you knew it then?" His eye flash sharp, voice building up with anger. "You knew you weren't worthy of my son and yet you chose to put him in a situation like this? What do you do for a living, hmm? My son could be sleeping and make whatever you do in a year."

Yeonjun is stunned silent, taken aback from the train of insults and accusations thrown his way.

Beomgyu grows irritated by his father's insults, ears metaphorically steaming from not only the insults but the whole situation of having to prove himself.

"Could you give Beomgyu what Aisha could? A fortune? The largest hotel chain in China? A child? Did you graduate from Harvard? She's the best support for him, you. You'd weigh him down trying to climb to his level. You'd erode the wall he's climbed until he's fallen to nothing. Him falling to your level. Not you achieving greatness."

"Dad, that's enough! You expect me to be open and honest with you yet here you are insulting the person I love because he's not who you want him to be! You say you're thinking for me but you're not, otherwise you'd be saying you're okay with us being together and that you support us no matter what because it doesn't matter whether I'm a successful business owner or a bus boy! If I lived a life where I was happy and satisfied shouldn't that be enough?" Beomgyu lets the words tumble out of his mouth, running out of oxygen by the end and having to take a great inhale to recover.

"You expect to be with him without him being able to offer you any greatness back?" Did he hear anything Beomgyu said?

"Sir, you're right. I can't offer Beomgyu greatness you have. I can't offer him hotel chains or giving him a Harvard-level answer but like I said earlier, no matter what he'd chose to do, he'd have my u conditional support. Some of the hardest working people are poor, including myself." Yeonjun chooses not to add his snarky comment about how they differed because he supports Beomgyu no matter what whereas his dad's support is clearly limited.

"Time, love, effort. These are things money cannot buy... and yet, I'm telling both him and you right here that I'd give him all of mine."

There's a pause, silence laying thick in the room even when it's present for only a moment. "You said that Beomgyu is doing really well lately, and I'd hope that is a result of the support I've been giving him. Just... please."

Beomgyu's dad's expression shifts, softens and then he sighs.

"And you're not after my son's money?"

"With all due respect, sir. I had no idea Beomgyu was rich until now. I think he knew if he wanted to find someone who genuinely cared for him the way I do, that he wouldn't have to tell them because it wouldn't matter if he were rich or poor if they loved him for him."

Jeez, Yeonjun is good. Beomgyu is thoroughly impressed, so impressed that his expressions to show it are extremely hard to control. If anything, the high-stress situation helps with controlling them since he's anxious himself.

Taehyun's jaw drops, Beomgyu thinks Yeonjun managed to convince him, and his mother too, considering she has her hand over her heart and looks at him fondly. Beomgyu's amazed at his acting!

"Sir, not to be rude, but I've answered your questions and I've said what I thought necessary... I'd like to excuse us now." He bows, slowly pulling Beomgyu with him towards the door.

Beomgyu is given enough time for a quick bow before Yeonjun shuts the door behind them.

.•° ✿ °•.

The weather has changed to fit Beomgyu's mood: cold and dismal with grey clouds looming above. He takes another sip from his glass of wine, seething from the bitter taste as his eyes bore over the landscape. He's never been able to appreciate it in a mood like this, but it manages to provide some sort of comfort and distraction.

"You know, darling..." Yeonjun tips his head towards Beomgyu, remaining his usual unbothered self even after dealing with Beomgyu's family drama. "I don't understand why you don't want to marry Aisha, she's not only beautiful but rich too." He turns his view to the sky, eyes flickering to different stars each time he ticks one off, counting them in his head.

"Some things are hard to explain, Yeonjun. This is one of those things." Beomgyu sighs in a way that takes up all his energy, leaving him hopeless and depressed. He stares at the wine in his glass as he swirls around the little amount left.

Yeonjun clicks his tongue, taking his eyes off Beomgyu and looking away as he did so.

"I cursed your father so many times in my head," Yeonjun admits with a hollow laugh. He must've been questioning if Beomgyu has gone mad dating someone so poor, Yeonjun thinks.

"I'm surprised he didn't disown you for making bad decisions when he found out I was poor." He doesn't mean to say that aloud, but it slips past his lips with the tone of a jokester anyway.

Beomgyu frowns in response, guilt showing through his features. His solemn response being the exact reason Yeonjun wasn't meant to say it out loud. "Sorry about that. I'll increase your payment as an apology..."

Yeonjun stretches his arms out over the bench and rests a foot on his knee as he smirks at Beomgyu. "Hmm, then I'll have enough to pay for the hotel room we'll be staying in, and everyone will know who's booked it when they hear you panting my-"

Beomgyu's eyes widen. Quick to clasp a hand over Yeonjun's filthy mouth. His other against the back of Yeonjun's head in case he attempts to pull away and continue his sinful declaration.

His cheeks are tinted red much to Yeonjun's amusement, a flicker of mischief passes in his eyes before he licks Beomgyu's hand.

"Ugh! What the–"

"I'm joking, pretty. No need to get flustered so easily."

Yeonjun laughs with his eyes forming small slits that miss the pouty frown on Beomgyu's lips. He falls back into the bench with his arms crossed, the remainder of his wine almost spilling onto him as his glass tips.

"Also, what do you think of my acting? I'm good, right." He raises an eyebrow. A grin showing nothing but pride on his lips.

He is nothing but an inflated ego and a flirt.

Beomgyu stares at him blankly before tutting and looking away. "Isn't it part of your job to be good?" he dismisses so he doesn't have to satisfy the other further.

Yeonjun smiles at him, the lights behind Beomgyu making it look like there are stars in his eyes. Going as far to make themselves appear for no one but Beomgyu. Beomgyu feels himself soften easily, even when Yeonjun makes no effort towards him. "You... you were incredible," Beomgyu admits softly, placing his glass on the floor and looking at Yeonjun.

Yeonjun smirks and plants a quick kiss on the top of Beomgyu's nose. Pushing him away in surprise, Beomgyu stands up from his seat, disgusted.

"Tsch! Yeonjun, you're such a flirt! What am I meant to do with you?" He raises his voice, dragging out his syllables to express his annoyance.

Yeonjun tuts, fairly disappointed with Beomgyu's reaction and straightens up on the bench, leg falling back to the floor and arms to his side.

"Elope?" Beomgyu ignores the sarcasm in Yeonjun's tone, rolling his eyes.

"What? Ew, no. We're just going to leave..."

"If that'll make your parents hunt me down on an account of abduction, count me out."

Yeonjun thinks it's a reasonable worry considering how they reacted when they found out they are 'dating'. Their reactions have Yeonjun thinking they'll do anything to keep them apart.

Apparently Beomgyu disagrees with his internal thoughts. "Don't be so dramatic."

"Fine." Yeonjun stands up, choosing to be what Beomgyu has told him not to be as he bows and holds out his hand. "Shall we get going, my prince?"

Despite rolling his eyes, Beomgyu's face flushes at his fake boyfriend's gesture. He hates Yeonjun's ability to both flatter and frustrate him, it's awfully confusing and completely and utterly annoying!

"I guess we can leave..." He looks away with a sigh as he attempts to hide his reddened face, hand reaching out to grab Yeonjun's.

The sound of several feet moving fast and in sync disturbed their peace and Beomgyu's eyes meet with several guards walking in his direction. Even worse when he spots his immediate family.

Yeonjun doesn't let Beomgyu hesitate and takes his hand while looking at his parents and brother behind the guards. He then faces Beomgyu, pulling him in by his waist and tipping up his chin so their eyes meet. "Come on, darling. Let's go."

His mother catches onto what he says when they arrive, rushing over slowly since her high heels slow her down. "Just a moment, please. Listen to what we have to say." Her eyes are pleading and Beomgyu pulls away from Yeonjun.

The two boys turn to her.

"Beomgyu may have ideas that differ from my own, all I've ever wanted is what's best for my sons, without thinking if they agreed with me or wanted what I offered... I don't want him thinking I'm a monster. If my own son did, then what would others think of me?"

"Oh, of course you bring up what others would think–" Yeonjun takes Beomgyu's hand and squeezes it. The younger hesitates toward the end of his sentence as he glances at the other in confusion. Yeonjun faces Beomgyu's parents, silently indicating for Beomgyu to let them speak before jumping the gun.

"I've decided to put aside your arranged marriage-"

"And why's that? Have you decided to disown me because I can make decisions for myself and I no longer follow your every order?"

Beomgyu's father sighs, trying to remain calm through his son's irritating anger, internally thinking how he gets his attitude from his mother.

"No. In exchange...we- -As a family, will get to know Yeonjun. As your father, I have a right to get to know your partner and determine whether I think he's a good fit for my son." He gestures to Yeonjun as he mentions his name, then turns to Beomgyu. "You already failed to mention him before, I think you owe us that at least."

Beomgyu's mother speaks up, her voice evidently more desperate than his father's. "Please, Beomgyu. We want to get to know him. We want to get to see our son more and get to know his boyfriend. It's unfair to shut us out and not let us know the person you could marry." Her big eyes plead with her son.

They have that feature in common, Yeonjun notices when he glances between the two. He often thinks of Beomgyu's eyes in resemblance to a deer and he thinks the same thing when looking at his mother. It's those eyes that are the best at pleading because they look so sad and innocent.

"What?" Beomgyu makes his already deer-like eyes wider as his expression shifts to one of surprise.

"We'll cancel our meetings abroad or have someone attend on our behalf. We can get to know Yeonjun and make up for lost time we could've spent with you... and Taehyun too." She pulls her youngest son closer to her, squeezing his shoulder in a side hug while her attention is on her first-born.

"How long will you be staying?" Now panic floods his veins. If this is the case, Yeonjun will have to fake-date him until they leave again—if he's willing to.

"Until Christmas or New Year."

"Don't you think that's a long time off of business?" he replies bitterly, it's getting harder to hide it in his tone.

"A few months is nothing when it comes to our boys, don't worry." She smiles warmly, love in her eyes when she glances at her youngest then her eldest, even sparing a small look at Yeonjun. "Including our possible future son-in-law." She tilts her head as she looks at Yeonjun.

As much as Beomgyu wants to spend time with his family, this is the worst possible time for his parents to decide to acknowledge their children. Now he's stuck fake-dating some guy he met on a random app until they're gone.

Beomgyu's shoulders drop as he huffs "All right, why not?" He pretends not to acknowledge the shit-eating grin on Yeonjun's face when all he wants to do is elbow him in the stomach and shoot him a glare over the fact he finds the whole thing entertaining.

"Beomgyu," Beomgyu's father pauses, waiting for his son to look at him, "that doesn't mean I'll approve of him... I'll approve whoever I think is most suitable. Whether that be him, or Aisha..."

Beomgyu can only sigh and nod, it's the best he can get in this situation.

His mother walks over and takes him into her arms, ruffling his hair and gripping his shoulders as she pulls away. "Thank you, my son." Her words are genuine, visible through her eyes.

She turns to Yeonjun with a smile that shows off her white teeth. "I'm looking forward to getting to know you, Yeonjun."

He bows with a soft smile on his lips. Beomgyu doesn't know him well enough yet to know whether it's authentic or not, but it seems like it.

When his mother leaves Beomgyu's side and walks off towards the building with his father, Taehyun chimes up, "I still can't believe I randomly found out one day that Hyung had a boyfriend. I honestly thought you worked too much to date!" He laughs.

As Yeonjun speaks up, Beomgyu's mind fills with guilt as he nasally exhales in the form of an awkward laugh, the inner skin of his cheek between his teeth. Taehyun and Beomgyu are close so he feels bad pretending this is the type of thing he wouldn't tell his brother. It is like he's put up a metaphorical wall of information he doesn't trust his brother enough with to share.

This isn't like them, the two brothers tell each other everything. He hopes Taehyun isn't affected that Beomgyu 'kept' this from him.

Yeonjun notices Beomgyu's silence and pulls him closer after Taehyun is stole away by some guests. "Looks like I'm sticking around for a while... it should be fun." Yeonjun chuckles, squeezing Beomgyu's waist.

He looks up at Yeonjun and all Beomgyu finds himself thinking is: "Oh god, I've fucked up."

✿ End of Part 4 ✿

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

349K 20.7K 49
Wherein Beomgyu hires Taehyun -a fake boyfriend- from a rather peculiar website in order to make his ex jealous but instead, finds himself falling fo...
18.1K 964 26
❝ why do you talk about her while i'm in your bed? ❞ ➳ in which soobin cheats on his girlfriend with yeonjun. yeonjun knows soobin will choose the gi...
18.6K 693 27
~β€’COMPLETEDβ€’~ When you choose, make sure that your ready to fight the circumstances. But also make sure that your with someone that is ready to fight...