Infinity | B. Barnes

By legoellis

Y/n's life was turned upside down when she was taken hostage by HYDRA. After almost a year in captivity, and... More

Playlist
The breakout
Undercover in Lagos
The Sokovia Accords
The Winter Soldier
Ready to comply?
Antman?
Everyone's got a gimmick now
Division
Betrayal
Divided we fall
The rescue
I just feel you
It's not hopeless
You are free
Thanos?
Home
In the name of love
The Endgame
The aftermath
A moment of normality
Androids, aliens and wizards
The white wolf
Caps wingmen
Couples therapy
Baron Zemo
Midnight
The party
The Lab
Turkish delight
Looking strong, John!
The whole world is watching
You shouldnt have done that
Justice
Peace
The beginning of the end
You had one job
Captain America
Peace

Caught red handed

1K 31 24
By legoellis

I grunted uncomfortably at the heavy weight of the man on top of me. I pushed hard against him but he tried to throw a punch at my head, using my weakened position to his advantage. I tried to move out of the way of his fist but due to his weight pinning me to the ground, his fist made contact with the side of my head.

I grunted again, my head hit against the wooden floor from the contact. I flared up at him and focused all my attention on the power that flowed through me. Just as the man raised his fist to hit me again, I pushed against him and he flew backwards. He landed on his backside a foot away from me and I quickly scrambled back up onto my feet.

I wobbled slightly as the blood rushed to my head, feeling slightly dizzy from the harsh impact. Due to my momentary dizzy spell, I didn't notice the man stand up from the ground. I saw motion in front of me and focused on the man. He had his gun aimed directly at my face.

My breath hitched in my throat and my eyes widened as the man moved to pull the trigger. But just as he was about to send a bullet in my direction the rug was pulled out from under his feet, literally.

I jolted slightly and looked to my right, noticing that Steve had pulled the mag that the man was standing on. He fired his gun as he fell. I flinched as the bullets pelted the celling, luckily he just missed me. I turned my head and looked at Steve, giving him a Brief grateful nod.

The door behind me banged opened and another officer with a gun stormed the room. I spun on my heels as Steve engaged the man. He grabbed his gun tightly but before he could do anything else Bucky came up from behind him and kicked the man, knocking him to the ground.

"Buck, stop! You're gonna kill someone." Steve said to him.

A hand grabbed my shoulder and I jumped. They put pressure on my shoulder to try and turn me around so I grabbed their hand tightly with both of mine and flipped them over my shoulder onto the ground. The man fell unconscious as his head hit the ground.

I looked back up from the unconscious man and saw that Bucky was hovering above Steve with his fist raised in the air. The wooden floor next to Steve's head was splintered. I furrowed my brows and raised my hand, preparing myself to pry Bucky off of Steve.

However, he proved me wrong. "I'm not gonna kill anyone." He said before grabbing a green backpack that he had obviously hidden under the floorboards.

He then threw his backpack out the window all while maintaining eye contact with Steve. I couldn't help the way I looked at him so intently. I wanted to figure him out but he was confusing. Once moment it felt like he wanted to kill someone, the next he was being the man that had been lost in the 1940's. Well, maybe he isn't as lost as we first thought.

I closed my eyes and tried my hardest to focus on where the officers were coming from. But with all the noise my  senses were off. Sensory overload. Something that I have been trying to manage for a while.

Suddenly, a click that would have been inaudible to most came from behind me. I tensed up at the sound of a gun cocking, my fingers twitched uncomfortably at my side as I tried to think of my next move.

Movement caught my eye and I glanced out the corner of my eye just in time to see Bucky lift a large piece of concrete and throw it at the man. The object whizzed past my head and knocked the man unconscious. Bucky and I locked eyes for a moment, there was an indescribable tension as I looked into his blue eyes again. I took in a deep breath and nodded once to show my gratitude.

I jumped out of a strange trance when the loud noise Gunfire pelted the front door to Bucky's apartment. The officers outside were clearly trying their best to break in.

Bucky marched past me and walked up to the door. He stuck his metal arm through it and knocked over the officer that was on the other side. I raised my brow slightly at his power. It was no wonder everyone was scared of him. I wouldn't want to fight him.

Bucky then burst through the broken door and began fighting the people in the hallway. His movements almost mesmerised me. The power and skill in his movements were incredible but extremely intimidating. I shook my self of my thoughts and pried my eyes off him.

I took in a deep breath and walked forwards, confidently stepping out the door and standing beside Bucky as a man descended through the glass celling above us. He fired his gun at Bucky but he raised his metal fist, deflecting the blows with ease.

The man descended further and Bucky grabbed a hold of his gun. He swung the man hard into the wall beside me, knocking the man unconscious. He was left dangling from the wire that he had used to get down.

An officer raised up the stairs towards us and I turned to face him, putting myself in between the man and Bucky. He immediately lunged towards me with his fists up and I ducked down, using my own fists to punch his waist, just below the bullet proof vest. The man grunted and stumbled back slightly. I didn't want to use my powers and badly hurt him, that wasn't my intention.

The same couldn't be said for Bucky however. He lunged around me and hit the man's legs with a large metal container. Causing him to topple down the stairs.

I stumbled to the side in surprise and quickly caught myself on the wall behind me. I looked over at Bucky and my eyes widened as he ran over to the railing and leapt over the side. He used the unconscious dangling man as a rope and swung himself down to the next level.

I sighed in frustration and looked down the stairwell. Several officers were now racing down the stairs towards Bucky. I watched as he threw around the men like they weighed nothing. One of them hurled into a wall and was knocked unconscious.

I sighed softly and walked over to the red barrier. I grasped firmly onto it and vaulted over the side. Weightlessness took over my body for a brief second before I caught myself with my powers. I allowed my body to fall slightly again until my feet landed on the concrete stairwell again.

I raced down the last couple of steps that separated me from Bucky. A man took notice of me and quickly turned on me. He raised his fist towards me and I raised my hand at the same moment, I shoved his body backwards and he collided with the wall just to the left of Bucky. He didn't even flinch as he continued to power through the oncoming officers.

A loud thud startled me as Steve landed on the stairwell in front of me. I sighed quietly and pressed my hand to my chest.

I looked back over at them just as Bucky knocked a man over the side of the railing. Steve lent over and grabbed him so that he wouldn't fall to his death.

Steve looked up at Bucky exasperatedly. "Come on, man."

Steve pulled the man back up firmly and knocked him into the wall behind him. It seemed that they both liked to do that. The noise of metal breaking caught my attention and I looked over at Bucky. My brows raised as I watched him use the metal railing to swing himself down another set of stairs.

I turned to look at Steve and saw that he had pinned two men to the wall. He attached their harnesses together and knocked one of them over the railing, leaving the other man to try and support his weight.

I let out a heavy sigh as my heart raced from the adrenaline that was coursing through me. Steve walked over to me and went to say something, but his expression shifted as he looked behind me and he quickly threw his shield.

I flinched slightly and spun around to see his vibranium shield wedged Into the wall. There was a man cowering below it, his arms were raised above his head to protect himself from the shield. My eyes moved away from the shield embedded in the wall to Bucky who was staring up in surprise at Steve.

He paused for just a moment before he vaulted over the metal railing and dropped down. I felt a strange amount of concern for him as I moved over to the railing and looked over the edge.

I watched with slightly widened eyes as Bucky fell about 5 floors before he caught himself on a railing. He yelled out from the effort of slowing his fall. I watched him closely as I kicked open a wooden door and stormed through it.

"Y/n." Steve said, trying to catch my attention. I turned my head and saw him pull his shield out of the wall. "Go."

I nodded firmly and turned my head back to the railing. I gripped onto the red metal for a moment as I took in a deep breath to Center myself. I then vaulted over the railing and allowed my body to fall down. I couldn't help the gasp that slipped past my lips as my stomach turned uncomfortably. The wind rushed past my ears as I dropped down.

I counted the floors as I fell to the best of my abilities. My eyes fell on the railing that had been bent by Bucky's tight grip and I started to slow myself down. I slowed myself down enough so I could grab onto the red railing and push myself over the barrier. My boots landed firmly on the concrete floor and I exhaled heavily. 

I heard a loud thud and a groan from the open door, snapping me back into the present moment. I immediately ran over to the open door and ran up the short hallway.

I stepped onto the roof and looked around for any sign of Bucky. I quickly stepped up to the edge of the small walkway and looked down at the roof below.

Bucky was engaged in a fight with a man in a black suit. His movements were fast and slick. He leapt up into the air and kneed Bucky in the chest, causing him to go flying into a power box behind him.

My eyes widened slightly, I can't let this man hurt Bucky, or do something worse. Losing Bucky for a second time would destroy Steve. I gripped the railing and looked down, trying to not feel afraid of the sheer drop below. I took in a deep breath and pulled myself up.

I could feel my body trying to hesitate as I stood on the ledge but I didn't allow myself to have any second thoughts, it wasn't the furthest I'd fallen anyway. I pushed myself off of the ledge and fell downwards. I quickly used my powers to stop myself from falling to hard and control where I fall. The wind rushed past me as I fell quickly towards the roof.

After what felt like an eternity, my boots landed on the roof with a quiet thud and my knees bent to soften the fall. I looked up and saw Bucky holding up a plank of wood to protect himself from the man. I felt slightly bewildered when I noticed his claws that extended from the end of his gloves, but it wasn't the weirdest thing that I've seen.

I raised my hand out in front of me and used my telekinesis to throw him off of Bucky. The man flipped through the air and landed perfectly on the concrete ground, using his claws to slow himself to a stop.

He then sprung back on his feet and ran towards Bucky and I, I could sense anger and grief radiating off of him. I tensed up and held my hand out in front of me, ready to protect myself. I felt a presence beside me and to my surprise, Bucky came and stood beside me with his fits raised.

Just before the man could reach us, the familiar sound of Sam Wilson's wings reached my ears. I felt myself relax slightly but I wouldn't let myself turn around. I can't turn my back to this man without risking getting attacked.

Suddenly, I heard the loud whirring of a helicopter heading our way. The sound momentarily distracted me and clearly the man noticed that. He ran quickly towards me and my heart skyrocketed in my chest. My reaction was too slow as I raised my hand to stop his attack, but an unlikely person stepped.

Bucky threw his arm out and pushed me firmly backwards. I toppled backwards and landed on my back from the intense force. I grunted slightly at the pain that ran through my spine. I quickly pushed the pain back and used my arms to push myself up.

My eyes widened slightly when I saw the man on top of Bucky with his claws aimed towards his face. Bucky was tightly gripping his wrists as he tried to keep him away. I pushed myself up and raised my hand, focusing on the feeling of my power. I pushed the man off of Bucky and he went flying backwards once again.

He landed on his feat and looked menacingly in my direction. Just before he could make another move, bullets began to rain down on our position. I flinched at the noise and spun on my knees. The gunfire was coming from the helicopter I had heard earlier, only it was much closer now.

I tensed up as the helicopter came closer, but luckily Sam swooped in and kicked the tail of the helicopter as hard as he could, causing the vehicle to spin off course.

I heard Bucky scramble up and turned my head away from the chopper to look at him. He grabbed his backpack off the ground and took off running. The masked man took off after him and I pushed myself up onto my feet with a heavy sigh.

"Oh no, you don't." I muttered to myself as I took off running as well, determined to help Bucky. He had saved my life, it was only fair if I did the same.

A blur of a man ran past me towards the edge of the roof after Bucky and the man. I jumped slightly as Steve ran at an immense speed after his friend. I clutched my chest for a moment before I lowered my hand and ran over to the edge of the roof.

"Sam, do you have eyes on them?" I asked him over the coms.

"Yeah. They're heading south towards an underground tunnel." Sam replied. I nodded once even though Sam couldn't see me and leapt off of the roof.

I felt my stomach turn as I fell through the air. I couldn't help but feel annoyed at how many times I've had to jump from a high place today. It really wasn't ideal.

I slowed myself down as I approached the ground, managing to make my landing comfortable and gentle. I glanced around the street and smiled as my eyes fell upon a black motorbike that was parked at the side of the road.

I jogged over to the slick black vehicle and swung my leg over the seat. I looked around for a moment when I remembered that I don't have keys, but then I remembered that I have telekinesis and one of the things that Tony Stark taught me was how to Hotwire a vehicle with my powers.

I don't know what his reasoning was, but I'm very grateful for him. I placed my hand on the bike in front of me and closed my eyes. It only took me a couple of seconds before the engine ignited and the bike roared to life.

I kicked the stabiliser up and gripped tightly to the handles, pushing the bike to go forward. The feeling of the bike underneath me reminded me of the first time Steve taught me how to ride one. I had made it a few feet before I had fallen off and badly bruised my left side.  Luckily I wasn't going fast enough to get road rash or anything more serious.

I sped forward in the direction of the tunnel, pushing way over the speed limit. I tightly swerved between cars so I could get there faster, I would lose them if I decided to stop for a red light or wait in traffic. I'm sure Tony could help me get out of a speeding ticket.

My heart was hammering quickly in my chest due to the high amount of adrenaline I was experiencing. My eyes fell on the entrance to the tunnel and I felt the smallest amount of relief, at least I was going the right way.

The first thing I saw as I entered the tunnel and swerved through the fast moving traffic was three men running at the same speed as the vehicles. They were quite a bit in front of me but I could still see them, they were kind of hard to miss.

A police car tried to drive along side Steve. Its lights were flashing and its sirens were blaring loudly, but Steve didn't stop running. Instead, he decided to jump on top of the cop car, causing it to break sharply.

Steve pried open the door and pulled the police officer out of the vehicle, the man collapsed onto the ground and Steve popped out the broken windshield. I revved my engine as I caught up to his position.

Steve climbed into the car and glanced at me through the window before he stepped on the gas. I drove along side him as he sped down the road.

"That's illegal, Y'know." I said over the comms.

"Ha, look who's talking. Whose bike is that?" Steve laughed sarcastically, though I could hear a hint of humour in his voice.

Suddenly, the masked man leapt on top of Steve's stolen cop car and clung onto the back. Steve started to swerve violently to try and shake him off, but it didn't seem to be working. I quickly sped up and over took Steve, not wanting to accidentally get knocked off by his zigzagging.

"Sam, I can't shake this guy." Steve called out through the comms

"Right behind you." Sam replied.

I kept my focus on the road ahead and kept my sights set on Bucky. He was running at great speed just ahead of me. I heard a crashing sound behind me that caused me to glance in my mirror, another cop car had shown up and was ramming Into the side of Steve's vehicle.

I turned my attention back to the road ahead just as Bucky was suddenly forced to slow down. His hands were spread out in front of him as he came face to face with three cop cars that were heading the wrong way down the tunnel.

Bucky turned and leapt over the top of a row of barrels. I glanced at the line of barrels as I tried to think of how to get around it. There was one section that was free of barrels, but I would have to be quick to turn or I wouldn't make it.

I turned sharply and used my powers to help, I didn't want to risk using my leg due to the speed I was going at. Once I got through the pillars I turned sharply again so I was facing the oncoming traffic.

Just as I started to drive after Bucky again, he slowed down and grabbed a hold of the handle of a man's motorbike. The man fell off of the bike as Bucky lifted it up in the air and spun it around. The bike landed back on the road and he swung his leg over the seat, immediately taking off again.

I sighed heavily as I continued to speed after him. The cars that were headed towards us swerved to the side of the road to avoid getting hit. I ignored all the other traffic around me as I focused on Bucky. He took a sharp turn to the left so he was going the right way down the road.

I gripped the handles tighter as I turned after him. There was a loud siren behind us, I looked in the wing mirror and saw that it was Steve, and that the masked man was still on the back of his car.

I pushed myself to go faster, the revs were building higher and higher regardless of being in the highest gear. It didn't take me very long to finally be riding next to Bucky.

"You gonna ask me to stop?" He called over to me with a deep glare set on his face.

"No. Keep going." I called back. A brief look of surprise graced his face before he went back to glaring viscously. If he stopped now we would both get caught by the authorities.

The two of us were riding side by side when a masked man suddenly pounced at Bucky. Before he could grab him, Bucky wrapped his hand around his throat and held him at arm's length.

The masked man tried to break free of Bucky's hold but it only ended with the masked man being dragged along the ground, he also caused Bucky's bike to tip on its side but luckily Bucky's metal arm helped him to stay up right enough not to crash.

My eyes flickered between Bucky and the road just incase I needed to step in. I didn't have to however, as Bucky kicked his leg back and pushed the masked man off of his bike. Bucky readjusted himself and kept on riding.

I glanced down to my side mirror to see what was happening behind me. I didn't even feel surprised when I saw Sam flying above the road with the masked man attached to him.

I shifted my gaze to Bucky, who seemed to  have noticed them as well. He reached into his pocket and threw a small explosive device up in the air. The device attached to the ceiling of the tunnel and as soon as we passed underneath, it exploded.

The loud noise caused pain to strike my ear drums. I gripped the handle of the bike tighter to avoid falling off or swerving the bike.

The sudden explosion did not seem to help Bucky In the slightest as he suddenly toppled off of his bike. I gasped lightly from surprise and quickly pulled the breaks on my own bike. I quickly swerved to the left beside Bucky's discarded one.

I let my own stolen bike fall to the ground as my gaze landed on the scene behind me. I couldn't help the way my eyes widened at Bucky laying on the ground with the masked man on top of him, ready to strike him down. Steve ran full speed towards them as his stolen car spun along the concrete road.

Steve tackled the masked man to the ground and I quickly walked over to Bucky and Steve. My eyes scanned Bucky as I stood on his left side, checking for any injuries. I stopped myself from reaching out and grabbing his arm just in case he reacted badly.

Multiple cars came screaming down the road behind the masked man. The sirens were wailing and echoing throughout the tunnel, the noise making me flinch slightly. The police cars surrounded us on all sides, I could hear a helicopter whirring just above us from the open gap in the tunnel.

We have been caught. There's nowhere else to go.

My breath came out labored and harsh as I tried to catch my breath and calm my racing heart. I tightened my fists by my side when I felt my hands shaking.

A familiar sound rose in the distance. The sound of an iron man suit. The noise grew closure until A large grey iron man suit landed heavily In front of us, weapons and hands raised raised. Rhodey.

"Stand down, now." He said.

I felt a twinge of guilt as I looked at him. The feeling that I had betrayed the rest of the team washed over me for a moment before I pushed it away. I did. what I had to do. Steve needed my help, and so did Bucky.

My heart rate was increasing due to all of the loud sirens and the officers who had their guns aimed at us. it was getting harder by the minute to calm down. I took in a deep breath and held my hands up, showing Rhodey that I was surrendering.

"Congratulations, Cap. You're a criminal." Rhodey said.

Now that we had surrendered, the officers came rushing at us from all sides. I glanced to the side as Bucky was forcefully shoved to the ground. I bit my tongue to stop myself from chastising them for being too violent.

I glanced ahead of me again just as a man grabbed a hold of my wrists and brought them behind my back. He held on a little too tightly as he cuffed my wrists together. I bit the inside of my cheek to stop myself from groaning in pain.

My gaze fell onto the masked man In front of me as he raised his hands to the cat-like mask that he wore. He pulled the mask off and the man behind it was unexpected. The prince of Wakanda, T'Challa. My eyes widened in surprise as I realised he had been trying to kill Bucky and the rest of us.

"Your highness." Rhodey greeted.

Steve and I were both shoved forward. The police were leading the two of us towards one of the cars. I shot a concerned look over my shoulder at Bucky before I had my head shoved forward by one of the officers. I grunted in annoyance and faced forward again.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

363K 5.5K 64
This book is a continuation of the previous one.. literally starting right where the other one left off!! Self-insert šŸ„° You are a former Black Widow...
78.9K 1.3K 44
From the time she can remember she was trained, beaten, and worked to the breaking point. But when an unknown group saves her and the winter soldier...
215K 4.4K 24
Y/n has her own unique abilities but after being kicked out and left on the streets , her powers were the only thing she had left, until tony stark f...
46.3K 1.8K 41
"For only a fraction of a second she felt that their hearts were beating in the same rhythm - the world around them seemed to be frozen again." She m...