๐Ÿ๐ซ๐š๐ข๐ฅ๐ญ๐ฒ โŽฏโŽฏ ๐˜ฎ๐˜ข๐˜ฏ๐˜ซ๐˜ช๏ฟฝ...

By peachileez

หš ยท. ยท ๐ˆ๐ ๐“๐‡๐ˆ๐’ ๐–๐Ž๐‘๐‹๐ƒ, to be able to experience sadness one must experience happiness to initia... More

welcome !! เซฎ หถแต” แต• แต”หถ แƒ
one โŽฏโŽฏโŽฏ frailty
two โŽฏโŽฏโŽฏ prodomal
three โŽฏโŽฏโŽฏ stars that lay on the horizon
five โŽฏโŽฏโŽฏ fleeting rapture
six โŽฏโŽฏโŽฏ ignition
seven โŽฏโŽฏโŽฏ calm before the storm
eight โŽฏโŽฏโŽฏ widespread deterioration
nine โŽฏโŽฏโŽฏ au revoir
ten โŽฏโŽฏโŽฏ a tragic serenade
eleven โŽฏโŽฏโŽฏ a thing called love

four โŽฏโŽฏโŽฏ affinity

120 10 1
By peachileez

・゚゚・。

ꜰ ʀ ᴀ ɪ ʟ ᴛ ʏ

*°:⋆ₓₒ

⋆。゚☁︎。⋆。 ゚☾ ゚。⋆

"...What?" his reply was instantaneous, intuitive even, with his tone imploring for reason.

"I always get different reactions from people every time I tell someone that. I don't like speaking about it, but you're my friend and so far I really like talking to you; you're just so interesting and I want to know more about you. I feel like if I share something that significant you'll be interested in me too and you'll do the same, maybe. What do you think?" Your tone wasn't anything he hadn't heard so far, but it wasn't a good thing at all. Why were your depictions so placid?

Your gulp was deafeningly resonant, intruding on the silence between the both of you as you stared back at the boy whose eye contact hung in the air for as long as this contact had been evoked.

"Is this some kind of joke? You shouldn't joke about stuff like this, [name], it–"

"It's not a joke, I promise I'm being completely serious. Why would I lie to my friend...? That's not what friends do, is it?" If Mikey hadn't seen your bottom lip protrude into a pout, perhaps he would have felt more impassive toward the disheartened look projected his way. He needed to pause, to think and allow all you told him to unravel into comprehension.

"Then explain, because I don't think I understand you at all." Even now he was being sucked into the rupture of composure, each margin was lined with subdivisions of differing compensations seeking the echelon of influence. Questions seemed to besiege the median, consequently exalting it to the utmost stature. He was there.

Finally breaking away from the visual grasp he had on you, you brought your knees to your chest and wrapped your arms around them. "I have something called congestive heart failure, which means that my heart is extremely weak and has trouble working on its own. I wasn't diagnosed with it until two years ago when the doctors finally found out what was wrong with me. Even before that, though, my health was critical. I was always having to be watched over and for a while, I couldn't breathe on my own so I had help from a machine. The last two years have just been me in and out of this hospital."

The silenced that pursued had an extension from either side before Mikey commenced somatic intrusion with a patient exhale leaving his mouth. Your eyes matched with his and beyond the ebony shimmer was everything he had ensnared from those few seconds ago. His flame outmatched yours and caused it to diminish for everything it lit up; it was a devastating reaction.

"And there's nothing you can do...?" Regardless of if that was or wasn't his true intended delivery, his words came out as a whisper; the eventide breeze swept his hair to the side as you could feel the extremity of his eyes boring into yours. Cocking his head back just a bit, he only became more perplexed seeing the curves of your lips fold upward as if you were getting ready to smile.

Then a soft laugh withdrew from your parted lips, "I'm on a heart transplant list, but that's about it. Still, don't feel sad, whether I wanted to or not I've already accepted either outcome."

The strained laugh coming from the blond inhibited a handful of combatting critiques, all of which he would never decide on being vocal about. He wasn't sure if it was even appropriate to laugh but he proceeded to press his hand against his forehead in an attempt to keep up with you.

"You're so weird, [name]. I think you're the weirdest girl I've ever met." His lips wrung together as a pout withstood your affectionate grin.

"That still makes me sorta special to you, doesn't it?" Even if it had only been released vocally, there had already been establishments settling down within his thoughts. Just slightly interacting with you he had noticed how easily he became wrapped around your finger. It wasn't something intricate, but that was all in the facade's work. Intelligent as you may have been, not even you had realized the extent of your own notability.

"Aw, what about me? Am I not special to you [name]?" Mikey used his right arm to cup his cheek, raising his brow as he jestingly smiled.

"Y'know...you've become my first for a few things, so I'd say yeah..." Regardless of the heat you felt persuade your cheeks and nose, you gave him a thumbs up, one which he reciprocated with. "Hey, can I ask you something?"

Mikey kept quiet as he narrowed his gaze toward you, he wasn't sure if he liked the switch in conversation, feeling as though it would go down a rather unpleasant route. Still, opening another pack of taiyaki and humming as he chewed away at it was your indication. "Hm?"

"Is Emma your only family member? I haven't seen anyone looking older than you come to visit." The narrowing of his eyes remained but it seemed to escalate in intensity, his observance lowered down to where it appeared his eyes were locked onto your knees rather than your countenance. Part of it felt intentional while the rest opted on instinct. "W-well, it was just a thought, you don't have to talk about it at all, in fact, why don't we just go to bed—"

"Haha, don't worry about it. I was just thinking about how to talk about something so sad."

'Don't worry' when he was back to using the same vocal and articulated delivery used the very first time you two spoke? It was just about patent enough for you to acknowledge what an unclouded veneer it was for another, more bleak conveyance of his; no doubt was this a touchy subject, you didn't think you wanted him to continue with his dialogue.

"My mom and dad both died when I was younger. I had an older brother too but he was killed a few years back. My grandpa takes care of me and Emma but he's getting pretty old now." The crinkling of his taiyaki wrapper vanquished any other noise able enough to be discerned. With your mouth slightly agape, it took a few seconds before your senses were restored to their designated places.

As fast as you stood up you sat down beside him, slithering your hands beneath your thighs to warm them up. "My dad died when I was four, right after my little sister was born. He was sick just like me, but he passed away only after a few months of receiving his treatment. Four years later my mom and my sister died in an accident. I have my aunt who visits me every once in a while but she doesn't-well...that's not important anyway."

Mikey turned his head towards you just for you to become face-to-face with the raven eyes swallowed by the ink that tainted the ocean of emptiness, nebulous fireworks arranged in the shape of a circle reflected your eyes, downplaying your glossy [e/c] hues for all their worth. While he may not have been the most expressive person at times, his eyes were the essence of that opportunity, they were the sole things that implemented any form of disposition from all around. It was rather dismal in a way...

You didn't know what else to do in the moment, you thought that maybe it was a bad call to tune into the similarities you and Mikey both shared. Contradicting that was how his arms began to cross while he leaned against the ashen wall, his eyes were closed but they upturned, commencing the pomp of sentiment to begin. Slowly, he began to lean towards you, resting his head on your shoulder.

"What'd ya know, we're more similar than I ever thought."

ੈ✩‧₊˚

"Alright, your vitals and everything seems to be normal. I'll be back soon to check up on you Manjiro, you know what to do if you need me."

The second both nurses cleared the room had you already begun to work your way toward another communion with Mikey. He didn't seem to take notice of the curtain flung to its side or the way you ogled as he demolished his morning serving. Offering your omurice to him had been the trick to bring his awareness back to consciousness.

He spoke in a foreign tongue thanks to his overwhelmed mouth working double time to make sure food didn't spill out too much as he spoke. Though it was almost incomprehensible, you could still pick up on a few things he said. Maybe something along the lines of 'are you sure I can have your breakfast' and even something about a flag. Overlooking the latter, you nodded and set your tray next to his. He thanked you with a smile-thankfully, his lips were sealed tight in a thin line so you wouldn't have to see his chewed-up fare.

The one thing you would decide to sustain yourself with was strawberry milk, this was probably one of the few things you'd never give up to Mikey.

Mikey didn't mind seeing you sit at the end of his bed, in fact, he scooted over in favor toward the left side to grant you more space. He seemed to be in high spirits this morning, a distinguishable yet taut smile established against his lips even as they were preoccupied. It was infectious, seeing the way your own lips contorted into the exact same thing and all, especially once you got to take in how cute Mikey looked with his shaggy hair entirely down and messily spread about his face.

"This food's good and all but I like Emma's cooking better."

"Oh, really? I'm so used to hospital food it's all I know." You tilted your head to the side, dangling your legs from the end of his bed. His feet would slightly graze against your back every time you settled on leaning backward, all by design of course.

Ever since last night, you didn't realize the full scale of how much you reveled in the concept of physical affection, even if it was something so meager its verdict was anything but. It brought about frivolous temptation you wanted to venture towards-so you did, even if it was something small, in the end, he didn't seem to mind. Had he noticed, though? Of course.

"One day when you get out of this hospital, I'm gonna take you over to my house, then I'll have Emma cook for you so you can try her food. Heh, maybe she can teach you how to cook too!" Mikey seemed to bask in this declaration, so you didn't dare blurt out what you really thought. When, he said...it was more like if.

Scooting back just a few inches more and positioning yourself opposite of Mikey to where spreading both your legs on the outside of his had entrapped them, you stuck your pinky out to him. "Do you promise?"

"I promise."

You knew you had been setting him up for dereliction, deeming it as the more accurate outcome, but the smile on his face had led you in hook, line, and sinker. Seeing the childish aura accompanying him with whatever he did, it was no wonder he bewitched you with his characteristic conjurations.

"I was thinking ever since last night, about what you told me you wanted to do with your life." You had yet to notice the benignity of the way Mikey stared at you with a delighted edge concerted around his facial features, your eyes were too absorbed in the way your nails traced the circumference of the hole made in the carton of milk by the straw you had used. His voice was enough to accentuate all that you were unable to see. "And the other thing you told me—you're gonna get a new heart, [name]; I just know it. So I want you to do something for me, okay?"

Your heart began to pick up a fitful tempo after his words sifted through your head for a second or two. They began to dry up your throat even after having taken a plentiful sip of the sweet stimulation.

It was only fair for him to have you react this way after everything you had put him through, was it not? "What do you need me to do? I'll do it." Your obedience sat well with Mikey, if he were feeling any better perhaps he would've slipped out a praise or two in reference to it.

"Make a list of the smaller things you always wanted to do but were unable to because of your health. Like riding a motorcycle, eating Emma's homemade cooking, going out with friends, or whatever else it is that you've wanted to do. Because I promise you, [name], that when you get your new heart and you finally leave this hospital, we'll be so preoccupied with bigger things that you won't be able to focus on the smaller ones, ya know?"

A notion came about in an abrupt revelation as your features seemed to soften subconsciously. You were taking in this newfound material, not with the slightest of ease of course, but it was processing. It was enough as an answer for Mikey.

Unwinding was the initial softening of your appearance into a twist of melancholy, a sad pout throwing Mikey off his rails. "H-hey! Don't cry, did I say something wrong? I didn't mean to–"

"Um...can I hug you? If it's okay with you...?"

There was simply just no way Mikey could look you in your overindulgent and sappy [doe/beady] eyes and say no to you, in any circumstance that is, he couldn't ignore the surfeit of devotion that had him hooked instantaneously within the first accumulation of inquiries. The way you reminded him of a kitten...was cute.

He practically pounced on you, as ironic as his preceding statement was, and you almost tumbled back from the impact had he not kept you upright and compacted within his unyielding grasp. "You don't have to ask! Just so you know, for future reference, I won't either."

He wasn't particularly taller than you by any means when side-by-side with him, but because he was on his knees as his body attached itself to yours, his head was a few inches above your shoulder as he opted on resting it against your own. With his left arm prodding against the back of your right shoulder and his other arm positioned against your lower back, your hands gently pressed his own back part, unsure of what to do with them.

You cursed the one-sided awkwardness, settling on attempting to rid of it before it took a turn for the worse.

Knock–
Knock–
Knock–

Mikey felt like things were awfully familiar, huffing once Chifuyu, Draken, Emma, and Mitsuya came in. The four stared at a shamelessly-smiling Mikey constraining you in a deviant position, rendering you unable to turn back and see who had entered the room. You muffled out what greeting you could.

"Wow, Mikey, who knew you were such a pervert." You recalled the private introductions Mikey gave you the night before about each of his friends so that you knew them a little bit better before you saw them again. Still though, you already had an idea about who this deep voice belonged to without needing to turn back. The beanpole—as Mikey liked to refer to him as—Draken.

"Stop calling me a pervert!" The blond puffed his cheeks out as he disengaged himself from your warmed body, now crossing his arms as he leaned back into his pillows.

You turned your head to the four, finally reporting their arrivals, bowing as you did so. "I'm glad you guys are getting along, I was afraid Mikey would've scared you off by now." Emma laughed softly, stifling her laughter with the use of her hand. Behind you was a Mikey whispering incoherencies to himself, likely regarding the slander.

He then gasped quietly, pointing to the boy with the blond undercut as if he had already forgotten about the several jabs made toward him a mere few seconds ago. "Aw Chifuyu, did you bring those flowers for me?"

"No."

"You guys are so mean!"

In truth, Chifuyu was carrying flowers in his possession, a bouquet of Chrysanthemums to be exact, the only person to arrive to have brought anything at all-tangible wise. "These are for you..." The smile he sent you was tender and knew no boundaries of content; arising to his cheeks all the way to his nose and even ears was a delicate blush sweetly pinpointing his soft features. The poor boy, he couldn't even look you in your eyes as he handed them to you like a proper human being.

"...Me? Thank you so much, I'll take good care of these..." Truthfully, it had been the first time you had ever received flowers from someone who wasn't a nurse or doctor of yours. You would stay true to your word.

Before Chifuyu could muster up a reply, he had been cut off purposefully by a certain light-haired commander. "Hey, what about me?!" Everyone else shot Mikey with an irritated look, you had to admit that he was quite the entertainment. Though, you couldn't tell if he was being serious or not about the flowers.

Mitsuya rubbed his neck sheepishly, pointing towards the flowers already unwrapped and inside a vase that sat perched on the sink in direct line of sight toward the window. "Didn't we bring you flowers yesterday?"

"I want new ones, fresh ones."

"Shut the hell up, you little brat; beggars can't be choosers!" catching Mikey in a painful-looking headlock, Draken appeared to loom on verge of choking him, the others not seeming fazed at all by their antics. Seeing Mikey fight back, you didn't feel much of a need to worry about him.

Taking a seat to your right and separating you from Mikey was Emma, dressed in a white turtleneck beneath a beige sweater and a brown corduroy mini-skirt with buttons. You would bet that she looked good in anything, she could probably even pull off a trash bag somehow. "Mikey is such high maintenance, I hope he hasn't caused you much trouble."

Humming a no, you shook your head as you intently watched Emma's eyes on the two boys in front of her. She looked at them with a fervent fondness, the contents shimmering out of her golden eyes illuminated by the early morning sunlight. The love she had for Mikey was written all over her face, she wasn't one to hide it despite the fact that there really was no need for that to begin with.

The sound of exchanged banter doused a recurring series of knocks into a presiding suffocation, no one had perceived it until a pretty blonde doctor with her hair in low pigtails made her way inside the room. You knew immediately who she was and judging by the state of her attire, the others contrived their own clues about who this woman could be. Even so, everyone still bowed.

"Hello Mr. Sano, I'm glad to see you're doing well compared to when I first saw you." Doctor Tsunade spoke delicately, having an air of leniency enhance her authority. "In any case, I'm just here to inform you that we have decided to discharge you the day after tomorrow, seeing as your swelling has gone down and things are back to normal. Your grandfather is already here as we speak signing the papers we need to dismiss you."

Mikey's leaving...?

⋆。゚☁︎。⋆。 ゚☾ ゚。⋆

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

337K 13.8K 27
[๐›๐จ๐ง๐ญ๐ž๐ง!๐ก.๐ซ๐š๐ง ๐ฑ ๐Ÿ๐ž๐ฆ!๐ซ๐ž๐š๐๐ž๐ซ] "๐‡๐„'๐’ ๐Œ๐˜ ๐‚๐‡๐ˆ๐‹๐ƒ, ๐๐Ž๐“ ๐˜๐Ž๐”๐‘๐’." In a story where Haitani Ran fucks the girl and leaves...
2.3K 764 25
Considered abominations of nature by a fate they did not choose to inflict upon themselves, Amalie and Kol had always seemed to be in a perpetual bat...
889K 37K 43
(Y/N) Tachibana has come to stay with her cousin, Hinata for the next few years. Moving to Japan was a major change for her, but the more prominent c...