Stars above |bench trio hybri...

By Garnet_the_Skywing

Oh no. oh nonononono. This can't be happening. Ranboo was running. Running for his life, as it seemed. Three... More

intro
part 1
part 2
Part 3
Part 4
Part 5
Part 6
Holy SHIT!
Part 8
Part 9
Part 10
Part 11
Part 12
Part 13
Part 14
Part 15
Part 16
Part 17
Epilogue

Part 7

230 3 1
By Garnet_the_Skywing

Tubbo sat there Trying to calm himself as Tommy braided his hair. Soon they were going to escape and be free and feel the wind on their skin. Tommy kept braiding. Toms had been there from the start. Ever since Tubbo's parents had been killed, they weren't related, but when Tubbo had been wandering alone, Tommy had found him and taken him in as his brother. He said that his father had been taken by humans and that he had never gotten to meet him and he had lost his mother in a forest while they had been picking berries. They had a bond, closer than any brothers could have. All they had was each other. 

But then Tubbo met Ranboo. He actually had made a second present for him. It was a locket, and when you opened it there was two pictures. One was a picture of Ranboo, and the other said 'Ranboo my beloved'. Tubbo was quite proud of it. Ding, ding, ding, ding. Tubbo leaped to his hooves. "Time to go get Ranboo." Tom nodded, walked over to the door, and placed his ear on the door to listen for any humans. 

Tubbo went over to the wires that were hooked up to the alarm and studied them once more. There were three wires, all twisted into one. They ran up the doorway and into a little red box near the ceiling. Tubbo looked over at Tommy. "Give me a lift?" he asked, and Toms walked over and hoisted Tubbo on his shoulders. Tubbo reached over and held up the screwdriver he had stolen. He carefully unscrewed the box from the wall and let it fall into his hands. "Got it!" he whisper-shouted. Tommy set him down and went back to his spot at the door. Tubbo looked at where the wires attached to the box and cut the one that ran into the bottom. 

Nothing happened, so he cut the next one. Tubbo had guessed this would happen. If you had no experience with this kind of thing, you would just cut all the wires at once. But that would set it off immediately, so you would have to cut it one at a time, and avoid the wire that would set it off. After Tubbo had cut the two wires, Tubbo started unscrewing the back to reveal batteries. Tubbo stifled a laugh. Of course, they would use batteries. He carefully took them out, and the alarm was disabled. "Let's go," Tubbo said. Tommy nodded and started to pry the door open. 

It opened with a slight creak, and they started down the winding hallways to find Ranboo. They walked for what seemed like forever before they finally got to Ranboo's door. Tom knocked on the metal door and whispered "hey, Ranboob! We're here!" while Tubbo was figuring out how to disable the alarm from the outside. There seemed to be a wire that ran along the ceiling that went to Dream's office. If he cut that, it would disable the noise signal. "Tom, can you lift me up there?" Tubbo pointed to the wire and Tommy studied it. "I can try, but I make no promises." in the end, Tubbo had to stand on Tommy's shoulders to reach. 

As Tubbo snipped the wire, the alarm on the other side of the wall made a bloop noise, as if it wanted to go off, but couldn't. Tubbo got off Tommy's shoulders and went to the door. "Ran! The alarms are off! Open the door!" Tubbo said. The door opened and Ranboo stepped out. He had bags under his eyes, suggesting that he had never stayed up this late before. "Alright, let's go," he said in his somewhat deep voice. Tubbo hugged him. "We're going to be free," he said, hope swelling up inside him. They really did it. Not yet, we still need to get outside, Tubbo thought. "C'mon," Tommy whispered. "Let's go." Tubbo followed Tom with Ranboo right behind him. 

Ding, ding, ding, ding, ding. 

They had to get out quickly. At 1:00 AM, night-shift guards would be out. They had thirty minutes. As they neared the front door, Tubbo saw another alarm. It was attached to the door so it couldn't be opened. But unlike the other two, no matter what you did, it would go off if you even touched it. That meant no cutting wires or removing batteries. "Uh oh. That's bad." Tubbo whispered. "Fuckin' hell. We were so close." Tommy cursed. Ranboo looked like he was thinking hard about something. "What is it?" Tubbo asked. Ranboo looked at Tubbo and said "I...think...I could maybe...teleport us?" Toms gasped. "Really? I thought you could only do that when you got all weird." Ranboo winced but nodded. "But isn't it worth a try?" Tubbo nodded. "Let's do it."

~W~ 

"I...think...I could maybe...teleport us?" Ranboo suggested. He heard Tommy gasp "really? I thought you could only do that when you got all weird." Ranboo winced at the word 'weird' but nodded. "Isn't it worth a try?" he said. He knew it was. They needed to get out of here. Tubbo was nodding. "Let's do it." Ranboo thought about how it might work. Maybe he could grab their hands? He closed his eyes and concentrated on his home. The table, the sleeping ledge, his book. Nothing. He opened his eyes and said, "I can't do it." Ranboo fought back tears. This was the only chance they had, and he blew it. Tubbo and Tommy grabbed his hands. "It's ok, Boo. you did your best" Tubbo said. 

Ranboo clenched his eyes shut. He ruined Tommy's chance to meet his mother and father. He ruined Tubbo's chance of being free. Ranboo needed to get them out of here. Somewhere out there, they had a chance of having a family. Then, he heard Tubbo yelp in surprise and Ranboo felt his world crumple inward, and he opened his eyes to moonlight and a black sky, speckled with stars. "YOU DID IT! WE'RE FREE!" Tommy shrieked. I did it. I teleported. Tubbo Smiled and said "you did it, Boo. you teleported." suddenly he was there, hugging Ranboo's legs, as he was not tall enough to reach his waist. 

Tommy looked around. "Where the fuck are we?" he asked. It was Ranboo's turn to smile. "Welcome to my home," he said, striding into the cave that was in front of him. Tommy and Tubbo followed him in and he grabbed his brush. "Anyone up for a braiding session?" Tubbo looked like he was about to say yes, but Tommy answered first. "No, we can't. We have to find Phil, remember?" Phil! Ranboo had forgotten he had also escaped. Ranboo nodded. "Yes. let's go find him." he grabbed his map and looked at where they currently were, then pinpointed the coordinates Phil had given them. "This way," he said, walking out of the cave. Tommy asked to see the map and Ranboo handed it over unctuously. He was thinking about Phil. how did he escape? He couldn't have known how to disable the alarm. But that didn't matter. They were free at last.

~W~

Ranboo woke to a scream. He jumped up and collided with Tubbo, who had been sleeping next to him. They had stopped to rest after a day of walking and had gotten a decent rest. The screams were coming from Tommy, and he had blood running down his back and wings. 

Ranboo started to panic. What happened? Did the humans find us? "TOMMY! SHUT UP! LET ME LOOK AT YOUR WINGS!" Tubbo shouted over the screams. Tommy stopped, but his face was twisted in agony. Ranboo got a closer look and saw that there were no cuts. Just Tommy's wings, and red, irritated skin around the base. Tubbo looked at Ranboo. "I can't fix this. I don't know what's wrong," he whispered, pain in his eyes. Ranboo guessed Tubbo was in pain, seeing his best friend so injured. Ranboo's eyes lit up. Of course! "Tubbo! We should take him to Phil!" Tubbo brightened. "Yes! Let's do that!" Ranboo got Tommy on his back and Tubbo lead them to where Phil had made camp. They were only about half a day away, so they could get Tommy to Phil soon.

Time skip bc no one wants a walking PoV lol

After what seemed like hours, they saw smoke. Ranboo first noticed it because when Tubbo saw it, he yelped and sped forward. Ranboo had to run to keep up, and it wasn't easy with a whimpering Tommy on his back. They ran the rest of the way and practically ran into Phil. he was grinning his face off. "You made it!" he said. Tubbo didn't return the smile and Ranboo said "Phil, we need your help. Something happened to Tom." the smile disappeared and he looked at Tommy's wings. Then he smiled again. "Why are you smiling?" Tubbo asked. 

Phil turned to look at Tubbo. "His wings have grown out. I didn't think they would. He must be an avian as well. My guess was wrong." Ranboo was confused. And so was Tubbo, by the look on his face. "What do you mean, his wings have ground out? And why does it involve his wings covered in blood?" Tubbo asked. "There's blood because he must have had them retracted when they grew out," Phil answered. What? Ranboo hadn't known Tommy could retract his wings. "Tommy can retract his wings?" Ranboo asked. 

Phil nodded. "He can, and also any other young avian. I used to be able to, but then they grew out." "so he can't hide them anymore? What about the red skin?" Tubbo sounded worried. "Just keep it cool. After he recovers, I can take him for flying lessons." his eyes glittered mischievously. Ranboo felt a surge of joy. His friend would fly like he always dreamed of! Well, friend slash brother. Ranboo admitted to himself. Tommy felt like a brother to him. Tubbo, on the other hand... Ranboo looked at him. Ranboo had to admit that he loved Tubbo. He loved his smile, the everlasting energy, and the way he could always see the bright side of things. 

 He was jerked into reality when Tommy groaned. "Come on, let's go inside." Phil flicked his wing towards a patch of thick undergrowth and bushes that blended in with their surroundings perfectly. They walked towards it and when Tommy saw it he gasped and widened his eyes. He mumbled something none of us could hear. "What?" Ranboo asked. "How do you know this place?" Tommy demanded, looking at Phil. 

he looked confused. "This is where I used to live." Tommy stared at him. "No, you've got it wrong. This was where I lived." then he smacked his hand over his mouth as if realizing something. Phil seemed to realize it too. And Tubbo. Then it hit him. Phil had lost his pregnant wife. Tommy had never met his father but had been told descriptions of large wings that could soar. And now they had lived in the same place. 

Phil was Tommy's father.

~W~

whew! long chapter there. I had actually planned this twist from the start. this was a fun chapter to write, and hopefully, I can get the next one out soon.

1879 words.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

81.1K 4.7K 46
"Don't die before we get back." Tommy shot back, unable to bring himself to smile. He turned and started towards the store. "C'mon Tubbo." Tubbo fo...
3.3K 158 15
"another life, okay?" c!benchtrio angst poggers! also, some of this is a rewrite of parts of the dream smp, other parts are completely original and b...
49.1K 1.6K 20
PLEASE READ THE DESC COMPLETELY this is shipping ranbooxtubbo in a highschool au, i dont ship the actual people/content creators, i jus...
10.3K 461 25
Started: Monday June 4th 2021 Completed: Sunday November 21st 2021 This story will not include NSFW or Smut (All of the pictures I use will be off of...