Beautiful Sorrows

By picchic92

"Poetry is a deal of joy and pain and wonder, with a dash of the dictionary." -Khalil Gibran More

Where are you now
The way out
I'm alone, but not for long.
The day after
Do you ever feel alone sometimes?
She's broken; but we'll never know.
Dear Mom
Angels cry too
I'll remember you
Rainbows
I Love You.
Take A Deep Breath
Hurry Up
Waiting
Tomorrow
Goodnight
Do you hear me?
R.I.P
A true friend
Look at you
I'm not perfect. But then; who else claims to be?
Untitled
The Final Straw
There you go, ripping my heart out again
They think they understand me; but they don't
Poetry
Tick Tock
Pitter Patter; Wish Wash
The New Kid
Your First Date
The One
Sleep Deprivation
Pain. Numb. Broken. Stitched.
How I Feel
I'm Sad
Gender Doesn't Matter
Broken, but it's okay
Smile
Missing Him

Mr. Blue Eyes.

103 1 0
By picchic92

You look at the clock; it's noon.

You're currently in English class.

You note everyone's bored faces because just like you, they're waiting for the bell to ring.

You're about to lay your head down, but something catches your eyes.

You're eyes meet a beautiful baby blue shade and almost immediately, you're captivated.

Seconds later, you feel yourself start to blush, so you look away.

You take a glance at the teacher and sigh; she's babbling again.

Without your permission, your eyes drift back to the baby blue ones; they drift up higher until they're looking at a perfect mop of dirty blonde hair.

You jump when a ruler slams onto your desk.

You immediately glare at the teacher, not caring about how rude you may be acting; you know what's coming next.

So you start packing up.

"Detention, Ms. Kay!" The teacher tries to act intimidating, but you could care less.

The whole class is silent as you pick up your things, just like that; the bell will be ringing in another minute any way.

As you head to the principals office, you can't help but grin and think silly thoughts like 'my new favorite color is baby blue.'

Wait, you think; he's just a boy.

So you shake your head.

                    +

Five minutes later, you reach your destination after aimlessly walking the halls.

"Ms. Kay?" You shrug at the principal; he's too use to seeing you here.

You kindly let him sign your detention slip and as he hands you it, ignoring his disappointed look, smile politely and head off to detention.

Once you arrive, you head to the corner back seat; you have a habit of sitting there too often.

You take your IPod out of your bag but freeze when the boy with the blue eyes walks in with one of his friends.

You internally sigh as his musical laugh hits your ears.

Your eyes meet briefly and without your consent, drift down to his perfect white teeth.

You haven't even realized that they've sat down in front of you until his friend makes some joke and they're laughing again; you quickly snap out of it and go back to your IPod only to realize that your headphones are missing.

You start to scowl until you feel a tap on your shoulder; your eyes meet blue.

You smile unconsciously.

"Here, you can borrow mine."

You don't have enough time to reply before he turns around and starts muttering to his friend again.

You sigh before picking them up and plugging them into your IPod.

You roll your eyes in annoyance as the first song plays; it's about blue eyes.

As you finally settle on a good album, you lay your head down and shut your eyes.

                                  +

You jump when someone yanks the ear buds out.

"Detention's over; your welcome, by the way."

He's gone before you can even mutter a word.

You glance at the clock, your eyes widening.

Two hours sure go by quickly, you think as you grab your things.

Your friends are outside waiting for you.

They're asking how you could of possibly gotten detention but your mind is too focused.

What is up with Mr. Blue Eyes?

You wince when your closest friend of the group smacks your head but when you meet her green eyes, she's smiling.

She nods her head in a way which tells you she needs to talk, so you both walk a little away from the group and you raise your eyebrows in question.

"So, who is he?"

You're confused.

"Who's your new crush?"

And suddenly it makes sense.

You turn around but she's already grabbed your arm; you settle for a glare.

Her eyes are filled with mischief; but she understands.

The only one who understands, you correct yourself.

You give a slight smile before heading back over to the others; a minute later, so does green eyes.

                                                       +

A month later, you're in the bathroom staring at your dull brown eyes.

The girl next to you is applying blue eye shadow to brighten up her beautiful blue eyes.

Before you have time to ponder, the bell rings.

You ignore your ratty hair and head off to English class; you haven't been sleeping well, your dreams are haunted by blue everything.

15 minutes into class, your eyes drift straight ahead; and of course blue eyes isn't there, he hasn't been there for a week.

People would probably laugh at you, but you can't help but worry.

His best friend gives you a weird look; you've been starring for far too long, you turn away.

Seconds later, all his buddies are laughing.

Do they even care?

Suddenly, you feel like you're suffocating.

I have to get out of here, you're thinking as you pack up way too quickly.

The teacher doesn't stop you as you leave.

At lunch, you tell your friend everything.

And she listens patiently.

When you're done, you don't get a lecture.

And instead of sympathy, she gently puts a hand on your shoulder and squeezes comfortingly.

She knows how much she means to you; no words are spoken.

And you are so grateful.

                   +

The next day you are surprised.

He's here, you chant in your head.

But he doesn't look happy.

You frown to yourself as many possibilities pop into your head.

You're trying to calm your nerves so you can go talk to him, but you just can't.

The bell rings and you watch him walk out.

For some reason, your chest hurts.

You shake off the thought as you head to history.

During history, you just can't concentrate; another detention and you don't even blink an eye.

You're shocked when you walk into detention.

Blue eyes is there; minus his friends.

You feel nervous.

He has his head down, you'd notice that dirty blonde hair anywhere, so he probably has no idea that you're even in the room.

As you sit in your normal seat, your breath gets knocked out of you as blue eyes searches your face.

You wonder what he's looking for.

"Are you feeling okay?"

You're surprised he even asked.

And before he says anything else, you start blabbering.

"I noticed that you haven't been here in a few weeks and I've kind of been worried and wow, that sounds crazy cause we're not even friends but I was just wondering why."

You're major blushing right now.

He opens his mouth to speak but you cut him off.

"You don't have to answer."

You bow your head in embarrassment.

Seconds go by and instead of being greeted with laughter, you're greeted with a thumb and forefinger tilting your chin up to meet sparkling baby blue eyes.

You bite your lip but he doesn't let go.

"I think it's cool that you were worried about me."

You open your mouth to reply, but you don't know what to say.

The bell rings and he immediately lets go.

As he leaves out the door, he gives you a wink; and then, he's gone.

                                     +

The next day you're feeling more confident.

He'll talk to me, you think.

For once you're not an outsider.

Your friends are feeling nervous; they want to protect you.

But you don't need protection anymore.

You're smiling as you head to English.

Your eyes meet a pair of blue, making your smile wider.

You're heading straight towards him, but he walks straight past you; like you weren't even there.

Just a ghost, you mutter.

You turn around.

And when you see him and a blonde haired girl sharing a sweet simple kiss; you freeze.

Your eyes sting with unshed tears.

Now you're feeling more pathetic; you're angry at yourself.

You run straight past him, into the girls bathroom.

You're not surprised when you see all your friends huddling up; they somehow knew, no you're more surprised that they don't laugh as tears cascade down your face.

You try to smile in the group hug, but you think back to why exactly you never liked relationships.

Falling for a boy? How stupid, your mind screams at you.

But you take a deep breath.

You have friends who love and care about you.

So you smile and hug them tighter.

Who cares about boys anyway?

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

4K 206 61
Here lie my thoughts in this book, why don't you stop and take a look. While you read the secrets written there, try to ignore the silent screams no...
126 28 25
/dɪˈlɪəriəm/ /dɪˈlɪriəm/ [uncountable] a mental state where somebody becomes excited and not able to think or speak clearly, usually because of illne...
121 0 11
Life is as intense as you want it to be. People in it will bring either tremendous joy or an unbearable pain. She could heal in revenge, hell being h...