Emphatic

By EraSelene

Alone... No one is by my side anymore... It hurts... Everything hurts... [The Trash of the Count's Family AU]... More

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Not An Update But Artworks
Chapter 8
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15

Chapter 9

2.9K 184 48
By EraSelene

Cale wonders how long he was sitting in this chair. Thirty minutes? An hour? Or has it been half a day? He didn't know and didn't want to know.

He looks outside of the window that was beside him. It looks like a good day today… But he feels like rubbish.

He was already used to it by now. The whole residence went cold and hid their faces with pure hatred or disgust when they saw him.

It was fine because he plays as a lout. For his father and his family.

He sighs at the thought and wants to at least have a walk.

He carefully stands up but then he stops when his wound aches and just clenches on the armchair. Even so, he just forces himself again and walks slowly so he can at least be steady while going outside.

He softly groaned and panted while he was walking.

'Hurt' Cale only thought. He didn't mind it and just walked with little breaks along the way.

Then he was finally at his destination…

His mother's garden.

*COUGH* *COUGH*

Cale shakes as he puts his hand on his mouth and coughs hard because of the pain that was almost numb to him.

He looks at his hand from his mouth and sees a little patch of blood from his hand.

He sighs and wipes it off to his pants. It's a good thing that he wore black so no one knows, but does anyone worry about him? Of course not.

Then he looks at the sky.

"It's sunny today" He said softly to himself. Then tears came out suddenly.

"Why…Why am I crying?" He was confused. He thought it was because it was a sunny day today, but he never knew or no longer felt…

Any warmth inside. He's just a broken human with the never ending suffering that he was punished for.

'I should go back' Then when he was about to turn around, he heard something snap like a twig.

He slowly turns around, still has tears slowly falling and eyes have a bit of red color now.

There's a man. A familiar man that Cale met a day ago? Yesterday? Cale can't remember. But he remembered his name… Kim Rok Soo

"*Ahem* Hello, young master Cale" RokSoo said gently.

"..." Cale was silent. This is his first time that someone talks to him like that. He doesn't know what to say.

"Young master?" RokSoo calls him again with a worried face after a long silence from Cale.

"Hello" Cale finally said but it was almost like a whisper and turned his head down when he said it.

RokSoo frowns and slowly approaches Cale. Cale immediately backs away instinctively, but then he slips and just closes his eyes to the upcoming impact.

However it never came, instead he was caught by the man. He opens his eyes again.

"H-Hey, you okay?" The man asks with a little panic on his face. How odd, Cale thought.

'Why is he panicking?' Cale is confused at the man's actions.

"I'm fine…thank you" Cale said as he tried to get away from RokSoo's hold. But the man isn't letting him.

"I'm sorry for this, Young master"

"!?" RokSoo carries Cale in princess style. Cale looks at him in shock. RokSoo thought he's gonna be yelled at but no screams of tantrum were heard from the red head.

"W-What are you doing?" Cale asks in as softly as possible and a little red flush comes out from his cheeks to his ears.

Cale doesn't know that and is a little uncomfortable but RokSoo can see it

'It is cold today even though it's sunny' He put his hand on Cale's forehead and he was right. He has a fever now.

"Young master, do you not know you have a fever?"

'??Is he?' RokSoo seeing Cale's confusion makes his stomach upside down and clicks his tongue that makes Cale flinch a bit but didn't notice it.

'I should've stopped Choi Han' RokSoo thought to himself but what is done is done. He looks at Cale's abdomen and wants to check the wound.

"Can I go to your room, Young master?" Cale pales at his statement. Cale doesn't want anyone in his room, because he is scared that someone will take away his precious belongings from his mother and that person.

"It's a no then huh" RokSoo looks around to see any benches around the garden, there was one hidden. It was surrounded by bushes and he's glad that no one can see them.

"Let's sit there then" He walks as he held Cale, carefully not to touch the abdomen.

"..." Cale is still silent. He doesn't know what RokSoo was doing. Is it pity? Ordered? Or something else?

But then again he feels… a bit warm? And the coughs stopped suddenly… It's a weird experience for him.

The word "Peaceful" was no longer with him since his mother died and that person was gone from his so called dreams. Why now?

Cale returns back to reality when they reach the bench. RokSoo lays Cale carefully and pulls out his medical kit from his coat.

He looks at Cale again. He's relieved that Cale wore loose clothes right now, he doesn't want to destroy his clothes.

"Can I see your wound Young master?" RokSoo asks, he doesn't want to force Cale if he's uncomfortable.

Cale hesitates a bit but he nods and lets him see the wound by pulling up his shirt.

RokSoo frowns because it was clumsily done and can be infected if he doesn't treat it now.

"Please stay still okay? You can grab my shoulder if it hurts"

"...okay" RokSoo smiles and does his thing to treat Cale's wound.

When RokSoo carefully damp the wound, Cale was shaking and clenching his fists.

'I just said to him to grab my shoulder if it hurts' RokSoo thought and stopped the treatment.

"Cale" He calls him and gently grabs his clenching hand. Cale looks at him panting while fighting the pain. He should've been used to this now.

RokSoo lays Cale's hand onto his shoulder and pat it.

"Did I just say to grab my shoulder if it hurts?" He said to him gently and Cale slowly nodded.

Even though Cale is silent and just cooperating with him. He knows he's gonna say sorry for hurting him and RokSoo really doesn't want that.

"It's fine Cale, your hand is not gonna hurt my shoulder" Cale was beginning to tear up but he didn't let it happen and hid it well. The affection is getting him.

"I'll proceed now okay?" Cale nods and RokSoo continues the treatment.

Cale was really hanging in there, he grips RokSoo shoulders as he shakes in pain. RokSoo immediately get the treatment done faster but still treats the wound properly.

After it is finally done, RokSoo checks Cale's fever and is not surprised that he's getting hotter. Cale is worn out as he has tears falling down and panting again.

RokSoo needs to get him to bed to rest. RokSoo covers him with his coat and carries him to his room secretly, even though Cale didn't want anyone in his room. He will apologize to him in a note.

When he is finally at Cale's room, he feels something weird, but before he proceeds the feeling RokSoo had disappears. Is it just his imagination then?

RokSoo ignores it for now and tucks Cale to bed. He goes to the bathroom to find a small tub and a cloth for his fever.

He finds it then pour cold water into the tub and then rinse the cloth. He goes again to Cale's side and puts the cloth on his forehead.

Cale shivers a bit because of the cold sensation on his forehead, but he sleeps more peacefully now.

RokSoo smiles and puts a note on his desk.

[ Be sure to take a rest, young master Cale ]

He caresses Cale's head before leaving, and definitely visits him again to check.

******

Cale slowly opens his eyes. He's on his bed in his room now and feels something on his forehead. It was a cloth for his fever. How long was he sleeping?

He sits up and looks at his abdomen, it's properly treated now.

"It's not a dream?" Cale asks himself. The man treated him in the gentlest way possible.

Cale never thought that he felt warm, not from the fever but the feeling he has gotten. Especially from RokSoo…

He sort of likes it? He really doesn't know anything about that.

Also, when he was with RokSoo… The coughs and blood that he was in usual with… It didn't come.

They were literally non-stop before, but now they suddenly disappeared when RokSoo came. Cale really thought it disappeared completely.

But after that, Cale painfully coughs again with blood. He sighs. Of course, it's not gonna disappear that quickly, he thought.

Then he feels the familiar sensation, that scary sensation. He had a bad feeling about this.

And it did, his vision turns into black and fortunately his body fell on his bed.

Then he was conscious again, but didn't dare to open his eyes and just lay on the floor. He gulps nervously.

"Tsk, to think you interacted with our child makes me sick" A woman's voice said. That was the first time Cale heard it.

The usual one was more of a man with a deep voice and a cold tone.

This one's voice is annoyed and disgusted.

Cale thought they were the only ones… But, they were more, specifically 2 more. Walking towards him.

"Well Well, we meet again after your punishment Cale. Oh I forgot, that you don't remember haha" It was now the usual voice he heard.

Cale knows about the punishment, but he doesn't know what he did.

"Let's just do this, I'm getting tired staring at this thing's face" Another manly voice said.

What are they going to do to him now? Cale thought.

Then he yelped when his hair was suddenly grabbed. The three of them laugh at him.

"Don't even think you're sleeping" The woman said as they gripped Cale's hair more. He winces at the pain.

"Now Now Angelina, we're just here to get rid of our child's treatment of this thing, okay?" GoD said in a different language so that the child wouldn't know.

"But Death, it pisses me off. What about War?" Angelina said as they looked at God of War.

"Hey, don't look at me. I'm just waiting here to get the three of us to get rid of our child's precious treatment so we can protect him" War responds. Angelina sighs.

"You're right. Let's just do it now, we don't have much time left" The two of them nod and approach Angelina who was still gripping his hair.

"Death, can you hold this? I'm getting numb here" Death looks at Angelina and sighs.

They grab Cale's shirt on the back and forcefully sit him between their legs then hold his hands together so he doesn't squirm much.

Then they put each of their hands on Cale's abdomen and then…

They claw it that makes Cale scream in pain.

"Be quiet will you?" War said annoyed.

Cale feels they were gutting him. It hurts him so much that he can't even breathe and tears fall hard.

Death notices it and clicks their tongue.

"To think you can't breathe just from this. How weak are you really? Ugh, how pathetic." Death rolls their eyes on Cale's reactions.

All of them claw him even more forcefully. Cale thought he was gonna die, but they just forced themselves to keep him alive.

They can't waste anything that can benefit their child's future. That child's future family.

That child already lost his parent's in such a young age and then got abused by his uncle. That child has endured his suffering until now.

Then time passes by, they completely wiped of RokSoo's treatment and Cale was back to his current state. He doesn't know how many hours or days it has been now.

His voice was hoarse and tears were no longer there. Only dark eye bags under his eyes with his dull eyes.

His wound is getting bloody again as he looks at it.

"Phew, that was hard. As expected from our child" Death said and the other two proudly agreed.

Cale really doesn't even know what they're saying because they're speaking in a different language.

Then Angelina grabbed him again and they were smiling.

"Then shall we teleport this thing there now? There's 1 minute left" Angelina said.

"Of course, just toss it in the alleyway so no one can see it" War said.

"Well bye then Cale" Death said cheerfully.

Then Cale's vision went black again.

When he is now conscious, he sees people in panic. He then realised that he was at the capital of the Rowoon Kingdom.

He heard that his brother is going to Huizz for the King's 50th birthday.

He looked around and he finally saw him as bombs are falling down above him.

"B-Bas—" He stops as he throws up so much blood. His body feels like he was getting hit from the bombs. He looked at brother again, he was protected by a silver shield from a man. The man that took care of him was here.

He whimpers at the amount of pain he has gotten this day. Or is it a week?

He falls down to the floor with his pool of blood, before he closes his eyes, the shield disappears and everyone seemed relieved, tending everyone's injuries especially RokSoo.

Then he blacks out again and is now teleported to his room on the cold floor, not even bother to put him on the bed.

Cale just lay there pass out with his bloody clothes.

*************

:D I'm not dead everyone~

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

269K 9.3K 106
She was a capitol elite. He was the youngest victor in history. Their friendship was frowned upon, but their love was forbidden. Extended Summary Ins...
1M 63.8K 119
Kira Kokoa was a completely normal girl... At least that's what she wants you to believe. A brilliant mind-reader that's been masquerading as quirkle...
187K 3.9K 46
"You brush past me in the hallway And you don't think I can see ya, do ya? I've been watchin' you for ages And I spend my time tryin' not to feel it"...
82.8K 2.9K 50
"𝐓𝐫𝐮𝐭𝐡, 𝐝𝐚𝐫𝐞, 𝐬𝐩𝐢𝐧 𝐛𝐨𝐭𝐭𝐥𝐞𝐬 𝐘𝐨𝐮 𝐤𝐧𝐨𝐰 𝐡𝐨𝐰 𝐭𝐨 𝐛𝐚𝐥𝐥, 𝐈 𝐤𝐧𝐨𝐰 𝐀𝐫𝐢𝐬𝐭𝐨𝐭𝐥𝐞" 𝐈𝐍 𝐖𝐇𝐈𝐂𝐇 Caitlin Clark fa...