little lady

By mysterywriter2006

hey I'm Maesyn. Im 16. I live on a farm that I have created, alone. With help from my grandparents. My dads a... More

i never liked him anyways
hoco?
Sunshine

surprises

3 0 0
By mysterywriter2006

I woke up and threw my boots on. I went to the cow barn. I hooked the gate and got all the cows up and pushed them to the milling area. I hooked them all up and then went back in to muck the stalls and add fresh feed. I got the other cows ready and let the other cows back. I shut the gate and went around to open the other gate. They came in and I hooked them up. I went and mucked the stalls.

Dillan: it's 7:30.
Maesyn: welcome to my life.
Dillan: it's a Saturday.
Maesyn: yeah?
Dillan: Saturdays we don't do cows till nine.
Maesyn: it's different doing chores when you do them alone.
Dillan: true.

I gave them new food. I brought them back. I locked the gate. I went to check on the calves. Normally Kelli does them. I went to the milk room and made their bottles. I bottle fed each one.

Dillan: you do them one by one?

I showed him my hands. He was feeding one too.

Dillan: ah I see.

I continued, he helped, until we had fed all ten. I washed the bottled and then went out. We went to the horse barn. I fed them. After I grabbed the old buckets and washed them out.

Dillan: so what are you gonna do today?
Maesyn: I am going to Finnish my lean to stalls. So if you don't want to stay you don't have to.
Dillan: you do it all by yourself?
Maesyn: yeah.
Dillan: Damn.

I put the buckets upside down on the shelf in the feed room. I opened the pasture gate and the doors, letting them connect and then opened all the stall doors, letting the horses all run out. After I mucked the stalls and laid fresh bed. And then I added water. I went and got the eggs and washed them off them put them in the barn fridge. I shut it off and went inside. I showered and put this on,

I blow dried my hair and then braided it and put the hat on. I went down and made breakfast and we ate together. We went outside.

Maesyn: I only have one drill.
Dillan: I'm gonna run home and shower. I'll be back in two hours.

I nodded. I grabbed my tool belt. I strapped it on as I walked up to the ladder. I picked up the ladder and laid it against the pole. I put the tin in a row. I climbed up, holding one above my head and pushing it up. I got it up and slid it away. I pulled up the next one and laid it next to the one I just laid down. I did that until I had the top full. I nailed them down. I climbed down. I had gotten just the right amount of tin. It looked good. I made sure the doors were good. Then I went back to the barn. Ten minutes later Dillan walked in.

Dillan: done already?
Maesyn: I don't do things slow. I do things fast enough to get them done so I can move on to the next thing.

I went to the garden. I had just taken almost everything out of it. I picked the pumpkins and placed them by the cow barn doors, the horse barn doors and on the deck. After, I went and grabbed my camera.

Dillan: blogging now?

I laughed and nodded I went into the barn and set up the camera. I started it.

Maesyn: hey guys.
Dillan: ahhh

I laughed.

Maesyn: so I just finished the lean to barn. I went shopping yesterday and bought all of my feed, I have two lessons later on and I have a board coming in about ten minutes.
Dillan: you board?
Maesyn: yes. Anyways your probably wondering. This is Dillan. He's my boyfriend. As of yesterday.
Dillan: Why'd you say it like that

He laughed. I laughed. I grabbed the camera I stood at the doors and zoomed in on the shed, showing it. Then I went and showed the pumpkins.

Maesyn: oh and I got my chickens on Thursday.

I turned the camera back to me.

Maesyn: so as soon as the board gets here we're gonna get her all set up and then we're gonna go to get two more things. I can't say what it is.
Dillan: what is it?
Maesyn: I can't say.

The guy pulled in.

Maesyn: he's here we'll be back in a minute.

I shut the camera off. We walked over. The girl got out of the truck. She went and got her horse. She handed me a envelope, then the reins.

Sarah: that's the first months payment. I'll be coming back every Saturday around nine to take her for a ride.
Maesyn: ok. Sounds good.
Sarah: thank you.

I nodded. I took her out to the pasture and let her run off. I put her stuff away. I went and got in the truck. We drove to the location. We went inside. I turned the camera on.

Maesyn: we're here.

I shut it off. The guy came over and called me back. I told him what I wanted and where I wanted it.

Dillan: I can't believe you.

I shrugged. He gave me my tattoos.

The horse, on my lower stomach, and the boots on my upper right stomach. He put the wrap on them. I had already gotten one on my thigh above my left knee, that said Maesyn, and left arm, above my elbow on the inside I had two butterflies, and then, on my left wrist I had my moms handwriting, "I love you more then you could ever know Mae🖤" - momma all in cursive.

Dillan: what's that? Five?

I nodded. He was recording. I showed them. After we went and got lunch. We went and took pictures at the pumpkin patch. After we went back to my house. I did the two lessons. After the last one I put the horse back in the pasture. I went inside and ate lunch with Dillan. After we did the dishes and then sat back down at the table. He looked at the time.

Dillan: what do you say we go fishing?
Maesyn: really?
Dillan: well yeah.
Maesyn: okay let's go.

I got up. We went to the garage. I grabbed my fishing poles. I handed him one.

Dillan: I have one at my house.
Maesyn: what's the point in leaving when I have a river in my backyard?
Dillan: okay now.

I grabbed the worms and the tackle box and put it all in the side by side. He got in. I drove. It was pretty far back, but not too bad. We stopped before the bridge.

Dillan: a bridge and everything?
Maesyn: yeah.

We started. We had a competition of who could catch more fish, and of course, I won. We went back around six thirty and I started chores. He helped me. When we were done we went inside. I took a body shower and changed into spandex and a oversized t-shirt. He went up and showered after me. He came back down in his flannel pants and white top. We watched Shameless. We had popcorn and went to bed around nine thirty.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

220K 25.8K 115
Genre- Drama Fantasy Historical Romance Slice of Life Author(s)- 静似骄阳 Associated Names- 穿书七零:我的炮灰丈夫十项全能 Eng Name- Transmigrating into a Novel: My Can...
1.6M 109K 25
#Book-2 in Lost Royalty series ( CAN BE READ STANDALONE ) Ekaksh Singh Ranawat The callous heartless , sole heir of Ranawat empire, which is spread...
100K 2.8K 27
"𝐜𝐚𝐮𝐬𝐞 𝐢'𝐯𝐞 𝐡𝐚𝐝 𝐞𝐯𝐞𝐫𝐲𝐭𝐡𝐢𝐧𝐠, 𝐛𝐮𝐭 𝐧𝐨 𝐨𝐧𝐞'𝐬 𝐥𝐢𝐬𝐭𝐞𝐧𝐢𝐧𝐠, 𝐚𝐧𝐝...
38.8K 2.5K 86
Just read the book to know. This book is inspired by the book Enigmatic queen by @SuccessSmile. I have made a lot of changes in the story as then I...