ππ„π“π“π˜ ― s. harrington...

By -JASONSGRACE

I'm only seventeen, I don't know anything, but I know I miss you. [ steve harrington x original character ] [... More

disclaimer
betty
epigraph
| prologue
| one
| two
| three
| four
| five
| six
| seven
| eight
| nine
| ten
| eleven
| twelve
| thirteen
| fifteen
| epilogue
BOOK THREE

| fourteen

1.4K 53 41
By -JASONSGRACE

╔══════✮❁•°♛°•❁✮ ══════╗

𝗕𝗘𝗧𝗧𝗬

chapter fourteen:
scoops troop

╚══════✮❁•°♛°•❁✮══════╝

SERENITY SAT ON the countertop of one of the food placed, her legs dangling off the sides. She had her head resting on Steve's shoulder, and he had his hand on her back, rubbing it softly. In the middle of the food court, she watched all of the kids reunite with each other — most notably Will, Mike, Lucas, and Dustin. To Serenity, it was heartwarming to see the original members of the Party, the ones she had watched grow up, finally come back together again.

They had started to arrange their plan. Hopper, Joyce, and Murray were going underneath the mall to the Russian base so that they could close the Gate. Nancy and Jonathan were taking Will, Lucas, Mike, Max, and Eleven to Murray's place in Illinois to hide Eleven from everything and keep them safe. Dustin and Erica were the navigators for them considering they had been the ones to truly see the entire thing. In order to do that, they had to go to Dustin's radio tower, Cerebro, that he had set up to talk to his girlfriend (it was safe to say that Serenity missed out on a lot.) Since they needed somebody to drive, Steve and Robin were going with them

And, well, Serenity was stuck. She had finally reunited with Steve, the one person she yearned for and wanted to see the most. Leaving him would be the hardest thing ever — but leaving the kids who were going to Illinois, the ones she had spent the past couple of days with and facing absolute hell, would also kill her inside. She didn't know what to do.

"We're leaving in a couple of minutes," Steve stated, breaking their comfortable silence. "They need to know if you're staying or going."

"Well, I don't even know if I'm staying or going," Serenity replied. Her eyes stayed trained on her kids. "Listen, the shit we've faced up here, I've done it with them. And it feels like my responsibility not to leave them." She sighed. "But I don't know if I'll be able to leave you."

"What does your heart say?" Steve asked quietly.

"To stay with you," Serenity answered softly. "It always says to stay with you."

Steve paused for a moment. "I don't want you to go to Illinois."

Serenity picked her head up from his shoulder, looking at him. "No?"

"No," Steve confirmed. "Stay. Please."

And that's when Serenity found her answer.

"Okay," Serenity agreed. "Let me just go talk to them real quick."

Steve nodded. Serenity slid off of the countertop and walked to the middle of the food court. Not too long ago she had stood here, watching as Eleven stared at all of the neon lights in wonder. Even though it had only been a few days, it felt like years.

"You're going with him, aren't you?" Mike voiced once Serenity reached them.

She blinked. "Yeah, how'd you know?"

He shrugged. "I just assumed."

"If you're coming over here to ask if it's okay, we're going to be fine, Renny," Lucas reassured her.

Will nodded. "Stay with him. We know you need it."

"You sure?" Serenity questioned.

"We're sure," Eleven responded.

"Plus, we have Nancy and Jonathan," Max added. "It's okay, Renny. Really."

"All right," Serenity said. She looked around at all of them. "I love all of you, okay? Stay safe, don't do anything I wouldn't do."

With that, her, Dustin, and Erica left the middle area of the food court to find Steve and Robin. They found them standing near the escalator that went upwards, and Serenity saw that Steve had picked up the spiked bat, resting it against his shoulder. The sight was so utterly familiar that it made Serenity's mind spin a little bit.

(Or maybe it was because he looked attractive with it. Either way.)

Steve offered the bat to Serenity when they reached them. "Here you go, babe."

"Thanks," Serenity replied, taking it as they stepped onto the escalator. "I was joking that I was channeling my inner Steve."

Finally, they reached the doors to the mall. Serenity looked through the glass, only to see a cream-colored Cadillac convertible sitting right in front, shining underneath the neon lights. She took a glance towards Steve, who looked utterly entranced by the car as he pushed open the doors and allowed them to enter the slightly chilly summer night air.

"Oh, man, now this . . . this is what I'm talking about!" Steve exclaimed.

Robin's gaze immediately went to the license plate. "Toddfather?"

"Oh, screw Todd! Steve's her daddy now."

"Never say that again," Serenity pleaded as she watched him hop over the door and sit in the drivers seat. "Please never say that again."

"Did you just talk about yourself in the third person?" Robin asked.

"Did he just call himself daddy?" Erica questioned.

Serenity shook her head in amusement as she opened the door and settled herself down in the passenger seat, letting the spiked bat rest on the floor.

"All right, where are we going?" Steve inquired.

"Weathertop," Dustin answered as the other three all squished together in the back.

"Weather-what?"

"Just drive."

"Okay, Jesus," Steve let out.

He turned the car on and put his arm behind Serenity's seat, looking backwards to reverse. Serenity stared straight ahead, her eyes slightly widening and her face feeling warm. She hoped that she could pass her red face off as the neon lights from the mall, because oh God, that was inexplicably hot to her.

Serenity looked behind her, watching as the mall got farther and farther away. Steve had tried to diffuse some of the tension surrounding the car by putting the radio on, but even the top hits right now weren't enough to raise Serenity's mood. The kids had told her they would be fine, but the situation they were facing was so dire that she didn't totally believe them. Not that she didn't think they could handle themselves, because they definitely could, but still.

Steve glanced over to her for a moment. She was glowing underneath the moonlight, her long hair blowing through the wind. Words couldn't really describe how much he missed her while being down with the Russians, and his concern only grew for her when he heard bits and pieces about what had been going on with the Mind Flayer. He could always tell that the Upside Down screwed with her head more than anyone else. She had been doing better, but it seemed that after this, it would go back to how she was after they faced the Demogorgon. Maybe even worse than that.

He hated seeing her so distraught. All he could do was remind her that he was here, and that's exactly what he did. So he reached over and took her hand, trying to imagine that they were just out on a drive together without a care in the world. Serenity immediately laced their fingers together

"Jesus, how far is this place, man?" Steve complained.

"Relax, we're almost there," Dustin responded.

"Suzie must be pretty special, huh?" Robin called over the wind. "I mean, if you built this thing and lugged it all the way to the middle of nowhere just to talk to her?"

"I mean, nobody's scientifically perfect, but Suzie's about as close to being perfect as any human could possibly be."

And yet Serenity didn't notice the way Steve's eyes flickered over to her after Dustin said that.

"She sound made-up to me," Erica announced. She looked at Steve. "She sound made-up to you?"

Dustin stared at him. "Why are you hesitating, Steve?"

"I'm — I'm — I'm not!" Steve protested. "I'm not! I think she sounds real. You know, totally, absolutely real."

"Renny, is he lying?"

"I would not like to be a part of this conversation," Serenity responded.

"Left," Dustin then ordered. "Turn left."

"There's not a road here," Steve insisted.

"Turn left now!"

Steve was forced to let go of Serenity's hand as he grabbed onto the wheel and yanked it to the left. They went off the road and crashed through a fence, and Serenity let out a small yelp as she held onto the door.

"Woah!" Steve screamed. "Henderson, where are we going?"

"Up!" Dustin answered, like it was the most obvious thing.

The car climbed higher and higher up the hill towards the top. Serenity felt herself getting jostled around, and right now, it kind of felt like she was floating. Her chest heaved up and down a little bit, and although she never got carsick, this might be an exception.

Steve struggled to control the car. "Oh, Jesus!"

"We're not gonna make it!" Robin yelled.

"Yes, we are," Steve stated. "Come on, baby. Come on, baby!"

Steve tried to continue going up the hill. However, the car got stuck, and no matter how hard Steve slammed on the steering wheel or pressed his foot onto the gas, it wouldn't budge. The engine started to make noises of strain.

"Guess the Toddfather has its limitations," Robin said.

Steve immediately looked at his girlfriend. "You okay, 'Renity?"

"I'm a little dizzy," Serenity admitted. "But I'm fine. Let's get this shit show over with."

He put the car in park and turned it off, also successfully turning off the radio. Serenity opened up the passenger side door and got out. She rounded to the front of the car, where Steve was waiting, his hand already extended. Serenity took it, and together, they started to climb the hill with Robin, Erica, and Dustin behind them.

Even though the night was chilly, it was still summer, after all. Serenity felt sweat stick to her skin and her muscles burn from climbing. But finally, after a couple of minutes, they finally made it to the top of the hill, where a small radio tower was. Dustin kneeled down next to the tower and turned it on, static filling the air for a second and the red light flashing. Erica knelt next to him, while the three older teenagers stood. Serenity stood still with Steve, absentmindedly swinging their interlocked hands back and forth.

"Bald Eagle, do you copy?" Dustin asked into the radio. "Bald Eagle, I repeat, this is Scoops Troop, do you copy?"

"Yes, I copy," Murray replied.

"Call sign?"

"Bald Eagle."

"Please repeat," Dustin told him.

"Bald Eagle," Murray repeated, sounding a little annoyed. "This is Bald Eagle."

"Copy that. Good to hear your voice, Bald Eagle. What's your twenty?"

"We reached the vent. I'll contact you when I need you. Until then, silence."

"Roger that, Bald Eagle," Dustin responded. "This is Scoops Troop, going radio silent. Ten-ten, over."

Steve patted Dustin's shoulder encouragingly. And with that, the whole hill went silent again. Every so often, Murray would come on, saying he needed their help navigating. Serenity stood still with Steve while the other three knelt on the grass.

"Scoops Troop, this is, hm, Bald Eagle," Murray's voice began. "I've reached another junction."

Dustin looked at the map. "This is what?"

"The fourth junction," Erica answered.

"All right, so if memory serves, this is right after the My Little Pony thesis."

"We went left, so he has to go right."

"Right," Dustin finished as well before turning on the radio to speak. "Fly right, Bald Eagle. Fly right."

Murray came back on for a moment. "Roger that, flying right."

Serenity then saw something in the distance out of the corner of her eye. Her eyebrows knit in confusion and she turned, only to see flashing neon lights in the distance. Serenity let go of her boyfriend's hand and walked forwards, trying to discern the source. Her eyes squinted a little, only for a very horrible chill to spread throughout her body.

The flashing lights were at the mall. Flashing lights only meant one thing.

"Um, guys?" Serenity called. "Bad thing happening."

The others came up behind her, their eyes locking on the mall. They immediately understood. All of them turned around and ran back towards the radio tower. Serenity felt her heart rate rapidly increase in panic.

Dustin slid to his knees and grabbed the radio. "Griswold Family, this is Scoops Troop! Do you copy? Over! Griswold Family, I repeat, this is Scoops Troop. Do you—"

He was ultimately cut off by a shriek echoing from the tower. A familiar one, at that. Serenity felt herself freeze up.

"Griswold Family, do you copy? Do you copy?"

To confirm Serenity's bad feeling, a roar came through. There was only one thing that could make that roar — the Mind Flayer. And that meant something had gone horribly wrong at the mall, and that meant—

Serenity's eyes widened. "My kids."

She walked backwards for a moment before facing forwards and running down the hill.

"Where are you going?" Erica called after her.

Serenity turned around to face her for a moment. "That's the sound of the Mind Flayer, and I know that because it made the exact same shriek when it stood over me in that hospital. I'm not leaving them in there."

"'Renity!" Steve yelled after her. "Oh, Jesus — okay, I'm coming! Stay here, contact the others!"

Serenity didn't really hear him. She continued pushing her way down the hill until she skidded to a stop by the car. Serenity ripped open the drivers side door and settled herself into the seat. Thankfully, Steve had left the keys in the car. Serenity had already put the key in the ignition when Steve and Robin reached her, the latter with a Walkie in her hands.

The car roared to life, and sensing the urgency from the babysitter, Steve clambered into the passenger seat and Robin got in the back. Serenity threw the car in reverse and swung it around so it was facing forwards before speeding down the hill.

Serenity was sure that she had never driven faster in her life. Her foot was pressed down on the gas and she was clenching the steering wheel so tight that her knuckles were turning white. She was breathing heavily, adrenaline coursing through her veins from fear. From some miracle from heaven, there seemed to be nobody on the roads. If there were, Serenity would for sure pass them. She was going way above the speed limit, but considering the situation they were in, she didn't care.

"Serenity," Steve stated. "Serenity, you're going—"

"I'm going a perfectly normal amount!" Serenity shouted.

"It would be kind of ironic if we died to a car crash instead of a monster!" Robin yelled from the backseat.

"Quiet!" Serenity insisted, making both of them shut up from the authoritative tone of her voice. "We're not going to crash, just let me focus!"

They did. Serenity pushed on, only one destination in mind. The Mind Flayer was at the mall, ready to kill everyone in its path, but mostly Eleven. That motherfucker had messed with them for far too long, and Serenity would be damned if she was about to let him. The Upside Down had taken too much of her sunshine away as well, and she wanted it back. Nothing was going to take anything away from her anymore.

Finally, after a few short minutes of Serenity speeding, running stop signs and red lights, she made it to the mall. The car screeched to a stop at the entrance of the empty parking lot, and the flashing neon lights up close were starting to make black spots dance in her vision.

Serenity's chest heaved up and down. "See? We're fine."

She spoke too soon. They were not fine.

A very familiar engine revved, echoing throughout the silence of the night. Serenity looked over to see Billy's blue Camaro sitting there with the boy who owned it in the drivers seat. Her eyes then slid to the front of the mall, where a group of people were running at Nancy's station wagon, clambering into the mall. One person, who Serenity saw as Jonathan, popped the hood. Another, who Serenity saw as Nancy, stood in front of the car and pointed a gun at the Camaro.

Billy revved the Camaro again. Serenity glanced in between the Camaro and the Station Wagon, knowing what was about to happen. Billy was going to drive his car straight into theirs, successfully doing the Mind Flayer's bidding and hurting — probably killing — people who dared defy him.

Well, not if Serenity had fucking anything to do about it. Because she had a car, too. Her blood boiled with rage.

Don't fuck with the babysitter.

"I'm gonna do something really insane," Serenity told Steve and Robin, clenching onto the steering wheel tighter, if that was possible. "Like, batshit insane."

"Uh, Serenity?" Robin voiced from the backseat. "How insane are we talking?"

"I'm about to crash this car insane." Her eyes narrowed in determination. "It'll be fine."

"Serenity," Steve began. "Serenity, hold on—"

"Yeah, exactly," Serenity agreed over the Camaro's engine as it screeched to life, heading right towards the people she cared about. "Hold on, bitches!"

She pressed her foot onto the gas pedal again, and the engine roared. The car started to speed down the empty parking lot extremely fast. She could vaguely hear screaming from Steve and Robin, but all she heard were gunshots from Nancy and the engine's noise. Serenity was zoned in, focusing on nothing but stopping the motherfucker she hated (both Billy and the Mind Flayer), her eyes focused on the blue car.

Serenity made the car go a little faster and swung the wheel around, veering the car to the left. Right as the Camaro went to crash into Nancy and the station wagon, Serenity sped up and hit the right door straight-on with the Toddfather's front.

Billy's car immediately spun away, sliding across the parking lot. The Toddfather spun, too, its hood crunching up, but not nearly as bad as Billy's door. Serenity quickly gained control of the wheel and pressed on the brake, making the convertible screech to a stop. She panted, watching as the Toddfather started to smoke and how the Camaro caught on fire.

"That was . . ." Steve trailed off, swallowing a little as he slowly looked at her. "That was hot."

"Thank you," Serenity responded. She looked through the rearview mirror at Robin. "You okay, Robin?"

Robin met her eyes through the mirror. "Ask me tomorrow?"

Suddenly, a horribly familiar snarl sounded. Serenity glanced up, her veins turning to ice. She pushed herself up off of the drivers seat to stand up in the car.

"Oh, shit," Robin whispered.

The Mind Flayer, somehow bigger than it was at Hopper's cabin, was climbing over the mall. It roared at them, and Serenity clenched her jaw, trying to control the fear rising up inside of her. A car horn then sounded by them, and Serenity looked to see the station wagon stopping beside them. Jonathan was driving with Nancy in the passenger seat, while Will and Lucas were in the back.

"Get in!" Nancy demanded.

Serenity didn't need to be told twice. She scrambled out of the drivers seat and ran to the station wagon, where Steve was holding the door open to Robin to get in. Serenity dove into the backseat and Steve followed her, slamming the door shut behind them. She slumped exhaustedly against Steve, not really knowing how much strength she had left in er for this.

Jonathan drove away, and Serenity glanced back, watching as the Mind Flayer chased them relentlessly.

⊹⊱••••••⊰⊹

one more chapter and then the epilogue
:( but then we get to vecna hehehehehe

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

66 0 9
α΄›Κœα΄‡ Κ™α΄€Κ™Κκœ±Ιͺα΄›α΄›α΄‡Κ€κœ± || κœ±α΄›α΄‡α΄ α΄‡ Κœα΄€Κ€Κ€Ιͺɴɒᴛᴏɴ uoΚ‡Ι“uıɹɹɐH ΗΚŒΗΚ‡S || sɹǝʇʇısʎqɐᙠ ǝΙ₯βŠ₯ Stranger Things Steve Harrington Steve Harrington x Reader Steve Harrington...
220K 4.8K 46
𝒐. in which daphne hopper realises battling feelings for her best friend steve harrington is harder than battling monstrous conspiracies ...
37.4K 917 34
Hawkins, Indiana In which Steve Harrington has a little sister. DISCLAIMER: I don't own any characters, only, and I repeat, only Emily and her influe...
1.3M 53.9K 70
❛ 𝔦 𝔑𝔬𝔫'𝔱 π”΄π”žπ”«π”± 𝔱𝔬 𝔰𝔴𝔦π”ͺ 𝔣𝔬𝔯𝔒𝔳𝔒𝔯, 𝔴π”₯𝔒𝔫 𝔦𝔱'𝔰 𝔠𝔬𝔩𝔑 𝔦'𝔑 𝔩𝔦𝔨𝔒 𝔱𝔬 𝔑𝔦𝔒. ❜ β†’ * . & ━━ a girl by t...