Nevermore

By BlackRose_250

This is a fan-fiction book which is about what would of happened if Sophie chose Rafal over Tedros and Agatha... More

The day after
The execution
Back to the Safe Haven
The new students
Caught!
Family feuding
The grey-eyed girl
Catching feelings
The Lady & The Snake
After Dark
A word, please?
Snake vs Coven
Alliances are formed
Into the Rotte Sewer
Daphne's perspective
Behind his back
Bianca's Advice
Catching Up
Plans are hatched
The Dragon Slayer
A snake in the shadows
A witch in the dungeons
Never after (Pt 1)
Never After (Pt 2)
It ends with us
Evil reigns
You and me
Epilogue (Pt 1)
Epilogue (Pt 2)
Author's Note

War ready

155 1 0
By BlackRose_250

Sophie

Sophie admired herself in the mirror, inspecting her golden blonde hair and her malicious green eyes which glowed brighter than ever. They were setting off to Camelot tomorrow to battle with Good. Sophie knew Good would ambush them there, Evil leaked the location they were travelling to. It was no mistake. They would be prepared for the 'surprise attack' and claim victory. After all, the Ruler of Evil couldn't be killed without her help.

For hours and hours yesterday she had created her own armour and clothing for the battle. Black as night armour, with a silver chain belt, leather hugging leggins and a half metal skirt. Upon her head was her Evil crown and she wore an oversized snakeskin scarf in case she needed to disappear for a short time. Evil could be beautiful.

Sophie had forgotten about Rhian and the moments they shared because at the end of the day they meant nothing at all. Rafal was the real thing and Rhian just a guy she'd had some chemistry with.  The dreams had begun to stop which made her incredibly relieved and after she and her soulmate had won the pathetic battle Good thought they could win, everything would be right. 

Daphne

Daphne hadn't known Hester but she too was worried. She was powerful, strong, a good asset in the war. Yet she had disappeared. Anadil was grave about the subject but she seemed to know what had occurred. "There was someone trying to assassinate us on our way here," she claimed. "If I had to guess, it was him."

Between preparations and plans the conclusion was there was no way Hester could be helped unless they won the war. Rumour has it that Evil would be be travelling in Camelot, the leaderless city and Good would ambush them there.

Daphne was currently in the armoury, sharpening her staff and inspecting it also. How had she never known her family had magical blood? Was she descended from fairy tale blood? If so, why was her family utterly broke? She realised with pang that no one could answer her questions. If she wished to know she'd have to find it out for herself. With a heavy heart, she sighed and continued sharpening and rounding off edges.

"Cool staff." A voice commented behind her.

Daphne turned to see Hazel behind her and smiled gratefully. "Thanks." If she thought about it, she and Hazel weren't all that different. They had both been exiled or had to leave their homes from one way or another before finding people who could help them and ending up...here. "Where's yours?" She asked.

"It's just a normal blade. Nothing special." Hazel's eyes sparkled. " I have a much more different and overwhelming job than just being infantry."

"What is it?" She answered curiously. 

"I'm a spy," she whispered. 

"And?" Daphne probed. 

"It's an honour really. I just hope they don't have special enchantments or I don't end up in a werewolves dinner."

Daphne let out a small laugh. "I feel like everyone's relying on me just because I have a staff I don't know how to use."

"We're quite similar, you and I." Daphne looked up into Hazel's misty grey eyes and saw the same pain, the same hardships she had too endured. "My parents let them take me away and I was so alone, starving to death in Avalon until Hester and Anadil found me. I too had a special family heirloom that saved me more ways than one."

Daphne looked down. "You're lucky you have parents."

"I don't see them as anything. I lost them the day they let the royal family try to sacrifice me. Events like that show you who your true friends are and I had none."

"I think I've had enough gloom for one day." She said abruptly. "Merlin was going to teach me a few skills for my staff."

Farkas

The whole of Jaunt Jolie is prepared for war. Ordinary citizens brandishing swords and weapons and a pink haired shop owner named Destiny was holding a rusty hammer. On a second look, all she has is a bleeding hand and the hammer abandoned on the floor.  My  heart sinks. The probability of Good losing is looking worse and worse. I rake a hand through my hair, letting out a sigh. My father's fighting for Evil - will he kill me if it comes to it? God, I hope not. 

I trudge back to the castle, knowing I have to get a decent shield and sword before the worst ones are left. I likely will turn into a man-wolf at some point but that makes me vulnerable. To top  all my worries, there's someone I really do not wanting going headfirst into a battle. I  care about her too much to not worry. 

After equipping a fine sword, gleaming metal shield and a silver knight helmet I set off to find Daphne. She's exactly where I thought she would be, atop a dapple grey horse, learning the basics of riding. "Daphne!" I shout and she grins, hopping off the horse. 

"Long time no see, Wolf Prince."

I roll my eyes. "The horse chucked you off yet? Fed up with your sarcasm?" 

"Not yet." She winks at me and my heart begins to race. "Horses don't like the smell of wolves though. Especially royal wolves."

"Good thing I'm not cavalry then."

She laughs and if I could I'd try and make her laugh forever. It's such a beautiful and honest sound and Daphne is the most gorgeous and amazing girl I've ever known. She's funny, tough, strong, independent, headstrong, bold. Looking at her now with her short and shorn copper hair and bright blue eyes she's more breathtaking than ever. I need to tell her how I feel before she goes riding off killing everything in sight. I might die, she might die. 

"I like you."

Daphne looks at me before her lips quirk up into a smirk. "Of course you do." She flips her hair. "Who wouldn't?"

"I'm serious."

"I'm serious too." She studies my face. "Wait, really?"

"Really."

"You have the wort timing." She mutters. "I'm not thinking about relationships when I'm about to go into battle."

"I had to tell you."

She's quiet for a few minutes before giving me a chaste kiss on the cheek. "You're sweet. I'll consider it if we win. She laughs at my red cheeks before hopping back on her horse and riding off. God, she makes me feel like a child. My cheeks reddening? Seriously? At least I have more reasons to fight now.

Hester

I'm never scared but right now I feel something very close to fear. At this point, I don't have the faintest idea how long I've been down in this dungeon. I'm fairing better than an Ever would - I don't mind not seeing sunlight or the freezing ice cold. For hours and hours I stay still, battling with Sophie, The school master, The snake in my head, trying to keep Anadil out of my mind. I need to be strong and to not show weakness and she is my weakness and I'm not going to let them yield it against me. 

Movement at the door. I scramble against the wall, my face engulfed in shadow. I recognise that wave of blonde hair and that self confident walk as she makes her way to my cell. "Hester darling." Sophie coos, lighting up her finger hot pink. "May I have a second of your time?"

"You'd talk to me whatever my reply." I answer. 

"You're right. Move forwards will you?"

Reluctantly, I shuffle forwards and crane my head up to see her peering down at me. Quick as a whip, Sophie grabs my chin, pulling me towards the bars as she lowers herself down to my height. "You had so many chances, Hester." She whispers. "I thought you were a villain but yet you chose good. Agatha." Her voice practically screams venom. "Well, dear. You are merely fairytale evil, not capable of pure or true evil. You can redeem yourself if you make the right choice, you might become a main henchman or captain when we conquer the woods. Won't that be nice? I'll give you one last chance. Tell us what you know or your girlfriend is next."

I can feel Sophie's icy breath on my face, the only thing separating us, bars. I stupidly yank my chin away from her grasp and instantly know I've made a mistake. "I know everything, Hester." She smirks at my silence. "Very well. I might give you something of hers to keep if I'm feeling good enough."

"That's evil." I hiss.

"Are you really surprised?"

I watch Sophie leave, the words stuck in my throat to tell her to come back, I'll tell her anything and everything if she promises not to kill Anadil. I just can't say it. My pride stands in the way of grovelling to Sophie and letting her tempt me over with empty threats and promises. I put my head between my knees and pray I haven't just doomed Ani and myself.  Somehow, somewhere I already know my mistake. The logical part of me told me what I should have done. I just never listen. 

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

5K 223 11
Y/n was a normal village girl living in Gavaldon with her two best friends, Sophie and Agatha. Who could imagine how life would change for her when s...
26.2K 595 12
What if the school master hadn't died and Sophie had never destroyed his ring? What if Sophie chose Rafal over Tedros and Agatha? What if Quests for...
4.1K 245 31
You have all heard of the tales of lucky candidates of gavaldon being stolen from their homes to be taken to the school for good and evil. Tales of S...
963 33 17
Alma is a Reader from Crescenta who is taken to the School for Good and Evil, a place that was once only a theme park in her world. Problem is, she n...