The Devil's Smile - Editing

By pseudonymVA

Charlie King is the towns resident bad boy, always has been. Always will be, ever since he punched a kid's lo... More

𝗦𝗬𝗡𝗢𝗣𝗦𝗜𝗦
𝗩𝗜𝗦𝗨𝗔𝗟𝗦
𝗢𝗡𝗘
𝗧𝗪𝗢
𝗧𝗛𝗥𝗘𝗘
𝗙𝗢𝗨𝗥
𝗙𝗜𝗩𝗘
𝗦𝗜𝗫
𝗦𝗘𝗩𝗘𝗡
𝗘𝗜𝗚𝗛𝗧
𝗡𝗜𝗡𝗘
𝗧𝗘𝗡
𝗘𝗟𝗘𝗩𝗘𝗡
𝗧𝗪𝗘𝗟𝗩𝗘
𝗧𝗛𝗜𝗥𝗧𝗘𝗘𝗡
𝗙𝗢𝗨𝗥𝗧𝗘𝗘𝗡
𝗙𝗜𝗙𝗧𝗘𝗘𝗡
𝗦𝗜𝗫𝗧𝗘𝗘𝗡
𝗦𝗘𝗩𝗘𝗡𝗧𝗘𝗘𝗡
𝗘𝗜𝗚𝗛𝗧𝗘𝗘𝗡
𝗡𝗜𝗡𝗘𝗧𝗘𝗘𝗡
𝗧𝗪𝗘𝗡𝗧𝗬
𝗧𝗪𝗘𝗡𝗧𝗬 𝗢𝗡𝗘
𝗧𝗪𝗘𝗡𝗧𝗬 𝗧𝗛𝗥𝗘𝗘
𝗧𝗪𝗘𝗡𝗧𝗬 𝗙𝗢𝗨𝗥
𝗧𝗪𝗘𝗡𝗧𝗬 𝗙𝗜𝗩𝗘
𝗧𝗪𝗘𝗡𝗧𝗬 𝗦𝗜𝗫
𝗧𝗪𝗘𝗡𝗧𝗬 𝗦𝗘𝗩𝗘𝗡
𝗧𝗪𝗘𝗡𝗧𝗬 𝗘𝗜𝗚𝗛𝗧
𝗧𝗪𝗘𝗡𝗧𝗬 𝗡𝗜𝗡𝗘
𝗧𝗛𝗜𝗥𝗧𝗬
𝗧𝗛𝗜𝗥𝗧𝗬 𝗢𝗡𝗘
𝗩𝗢𝗟𝗨𝗠𝗘 𝗧𝗪𝗢

𝗧𝗪𝗘𝗡𝗧𝗬 𝗧𝗪𝗢

2K 37 13
By pseudonymVA

𝗧𝗪𝗘𝗡𝗧𝗬 𝗧𝗪𝗢 - 𝗧𝗛𝗘 𝗕𝗟𝗢𝗡𝗗𝗘

•••

For some reason, unbeknownst to me, Charlie wasn't at all surprised about the break in and damage to his car.

He wasn't bothered at all.

Well that may be an understatement, he's absolutely pissed about it since he now has to do the obvious and repair everything that was fucked up.

With that being said he told me he was taking today and maybe tomorrow off of school to help with his dad and Harvey to repair the car, with hopes of getting it done on time for the weekend because he did have another race coming up and he's certain that the culprit is someone from the races.

Any normal thief would steal the actual car, god only knows how much its worth.

So because of that I'm now left to sit alone in English.

Considering both Scarlet and her cronies are in this class, I'd rather not be left to fend for myself.

"Hey" Mollies says with a small, sweet smile, pulling me out of my thoughts.

"Hey Mollie" i smile at her.

"Charlie asked me to sit with you since he's not in today, is that okay?" She asks.

"Oh yeah thats fine" I pull my bag off of the chair, giving her room to sit down.

Charlie making sure I have someone to sit with in lessons when he's not here is new, even for us.

And I'm not too sure how I feel about it.

"Its cute how much he cares you know?" Mollie says, taking a seat next to me.

"Yeah, he's always been like that" i shrug.

Charlie has always had my back, and I've had his, even when we didn't realise it at the time.

"Hey what are you doing tonight?" She asks.

"Probably nothing, why?" I ask, curious why she'd ask me such a question.

"Oh well my parents are away so I was just wondering if you'd like to come over? We could have a sleepover even, its totally okay if not" she smiles sweetly, twiddling with her pen between her fingers.

Well that was unexpected.

"Yeah I'd love to" I smile back.

It's been so long since I've had a girly sleepover, Brooklyn and I would do them all the time but since she's gone I've never had another girl friend to have them with.

"Great! Do you want me to give you a lift to yours after school so you can pick up some stuff and then we can go back to mine?" She asks, a happy sparkle in her eyes.

"Yeah sure, i'll have to take my dogs to my neighbors or something, actually i'll ask Charlie if he can look after them for the night" i say, quickly pulling out my phone to send him a text.

Me:
Hey would you mind watching my dogs tonight?

Charlie:
No thats fine, do you want me to bring them back to my place or just stay at yours?

Me:
Whichever is easiest for you :) you're a babe!

Charlie:
Jokes on you, I'm only saying yes so I can look through your underwear draw ;)

Me:
That was literally the grossest thing you've ever said

Charlie:
Yeah ik, i already regret it, it wasn't even funny either

"Well the dogs are taken care of so it's all sorted" i look up from my phone.

"Cool! My brother will be home but he's usually out doing god knows what  or he's in his room so you probably won't even see him" she smiles at me.

"I never knew you had a brother"

"Yeah he's pretty cool, we're kind of close i guess?"

"Is he cute?" I ask, wagging my eyebrows.

She fake gags at my question

•••

By time school had finished and Mollie had parked her car outside my house, Charlie had already been and gone, taking prince and romeo with him, but leaving a note behind for me.

' The kids are with me, have fun with your new bestie!

- Charlie xx'

I love that he refers to Romeo and Prince as the kids, i mean they basically are, if anything they're probably worse.

"I'll just go stuff some clothes into a bag, feel free to have a look around or whatever" i smile at Mollie.

This is the first time in probably years that I've had someone from school other than Charlie and Brooklyn inside my house, i don't know what i do? We're not here long enough for me to offer her a drink, do i offer her a snack? A babybel?

This is why i don't have people over.

"Oh my god, i want to see your bedroom!" She almost shouts, running after me up the stairs.

Please tell me I actually made the bed today.

Or picked up my dirty clothes

I silently pray to god, hoping that i won't embarrass myself with what's behind the door.

We walk through to a almost spotless room, taking me by surprise.

Don't get me wrong, i don't live in filth, but my room is rarely this organised, it looks like even the photo frames on the shelf have been dusted.

My room only ever looks like this when Charlie has cleaned it whilst I have been asleep or making food for us or whenever else he gets the opportunity to do so without me around.

It looks like today he had the opportunity.

"Wow your room is so neat, i hate to disappoint but you'll have to step between the piles of clothes on the floor in my room" she laughs.

"Don't worry, my room isn't usually like this, I think Charlie tidied for me when he picked up the dogs" I say, throwing some pyjama shorts into my bag.

"You two are really close huh?" She asks, whilst looking at the photos of Charlie and I that I keep on my desk.

There was two she could possibly be looking at right now.

A small Polaroid of us up close and smiling whilst making a heart with our fingers.

The second being a framed photo of the both of us.

We're on the beach during winter and Charlie is lifting me up in his arms, massive smiles grace both of our faces, the chilly November wind blowing my hair wildly.

I feel like we haven't taken a photo together in a while now.

"Yeah, we're quite the dynamic duo" I laugh.

"Okay I'm ready" i say, swinging the tote bag over my shoulder.

"Cool, lets go then" she says, walking towards the door of my room.

During the car ride to hers, we stopped off at a McDonalds to pick up a big mac meal for her brother.

I honestly don't know why I always thought she was an only sibling. She just never seemed like the type to share really.

But i think my opinion on her is changing.

Mollie's home was just what I expected it to be.

Modern, all white with big windows and well kept and maintained flower beds our front.

"Parker!" Mollie shouts as we step through her pale blue front door.

"Yeah?" A deep voice shouts from a top of the stairs, quickly followed by the sound of foot steps descending the stairs.

Once he makes it to the bottom on the stairs, I finally see what Mollie's brother looks like.

They have the same pale blue eyes and Similar shades of deep dark hair, Mollies was almost a shade of black whilst Parker's was a deep chocolate brown.

They had the same pale, creamy coloured skin and Parker even had the same splatter of freckles that Mollie usually covers with makeup.

"McDonalds" she passes the bag to him.

"Thanks, you didn't tell me you'd be bringing back a friend?" He says, setting down the bag on the kitchen island.

"Sorry dad, I didn't think i had to report back to you" she retorts.

"Take it down a noch, I'm just surprised, thats all" he laughs.

"I'm parker" he holds his large hand out with a smile.

"Nyx" i smile, gently shaking his hand.

Who the fuck shakes hands in this day in age?

"Alright well we'll be in my room if you need anything, try not to need anything" she evilly smiles at him as she makes me follow her upstairs.

"He is cute" i tease.

I mean yeah Parker is cute, but definitely not my type.

"Please stop, you're going to make me be sick" She says, looking like she actually might be sick any moment now.

We step into her room and I'm not surprised when it looks exactly how I thought it would.

Mollies room was very expensive looking with finishes of silver and baby blue.

It wasn't nearly as messy as she made it out to be though.

"I'm going to get changed into something a little more comfier and then we can do whatever" Mollie says whilst pulling out some shorts from her draw.

"I'll do the same, where's your bathroom?" I ask.

"Just through the door" she says, pointing to the door on my left.

Grabbing the shorts and tank top i quickly change in her bathroom.

They're not even shorts I think to myself, they're literally a pair of all black boxers that I stole from charlie's draws.

I walk back into Mollies room seeing her in similar clothes to myself except hers are actual pyjama shorts and are baby blue.

"So my moms an aesthetician and dermatologist so we could do face masks?" Mollie asks whilst spraying herself with some body spray.

"Oh god please! My skin has just broken out too, I'm not looking too fresh" i laugh.

"Cool, I'll go raid where she keeps everything" she smiles and quickly rushes out the room.

Whilst she's gone I quickly send Charlie a text, thanking him for tidying my room.

"So i have this one which my mom gives me to use everytime i break out from my period, it's pretty good" Mollie says, walking back into the room.

"You're a life saver" i smile.

Mollie and I apply the masks to one another and have general girly chat.

She was just telling me about this boy she was recently talking to who wants to take her on a date.

The only problem being that he's given her the ick because she seen his barber turn him around in the chair one time.

"Has anyone ever told you that blonde really suits you?" She says, referring to my self made blonde money piece.

"No?" I say almost quizzically.

"Well does, have you ever thought about going full blonde?"

"Why, do you want to bleach my hair?" I ask.

"Do you want to bleach your hair?" She asks, smirking with an eyebrow raised.

"Uh yes!" I say with excitement

"My dads a hair dresser so we literally have everything we need" she gets up excitedly.

Damn, dermatologist and an aesthetician for a mom and a hair stylist for a dad, no wonder she always look beautiful. I bet her aunt does nails or something.

"Have you ever dyed your hair before?" She asks.

"Not really" i say, getting up to wash my face and apply the serum and moisturiser she gave me.

"Well that'll make this easier, do you want all over white blonde?" She asks from the other room.

"Yeah please!" I shout back to her.

After leaving the room, she comes back in shortly with everything we need to bleach my hair.

Mollie starts mixing the bleach and I wrap an old towel she gave me around my shoulder, covering my tank top and neck from the bleach.

Mollie applies the bleach to the ends of my hair first then applies the remainder to my roots like a true professional.

We let it sit for a while and eat the snacks she bought in.

"Do you remember when Charlie bleached his hair?" I ask, remembering the time he practically forced me to turn his almost black hair white.

"Oh my god yeah!" She turns to look at me, wide eyes as if i just unlocked a new memory for her.

"Who ever did it, did a great job" she says.

"Oh well thank you" i fake a curtesy.

"That was you?" She asks incredulously

"Of course it was, do you think that guy has any idea how to bleach his own hair?"

"Makes sense" she hums

After we rinsed out the bleach, we reapplied it a second time with added olaplex in hopes this wouldn't destroy my hair.

She said my hair had lifted really well and with a little toner it would be perfect.

If only i had a praise kink.

Mollie even dries my hair afterwards and styles it.

I take a picture of the both of us and send it to Charlie.

Charlie:
Two hotties in one photo? What a treat.

Me:
New hair, who's this?

Me:
Also shut up? Way to kill the mood

Charlie:
Im kidding.

Charlie:
Kind of... not really.

Charlie:
Your hair looks cute though :)

Me:
Looks better on me than it did you

Charlie:
Everything looks better on you

I don't reply to his text, i just heart it.

Me and Mollie head downstairs to the kitchen to get something to eat, just we make it there though she gets a call from her cousin, who sounds incredibly upset, so i send her off to take the call in private.

Not long after Parker walks in.

"Oh hey, woah" Parker stops mid sentence, looking at my drastically changed hair.

His eyes then take their time scanning the rest of my body, making me feel slightly insecure about my choices of clothing.

"The blonde looks good on you Nyx" he smiles

"Thanks"

"So do those shorts" he winks.

Oh.

"Thanks, they belong to a guy at school" i smile.

It's a weak attempt but I hope
It puts him off.

"Damn lucky guy, does he share?"

Or not.

"I'm not his to share" i say, with a little bit of an attitude.

"Wait you don't happen to be Nyx like as in your last name is Ross?" He asks, scrolling his phone.

"Yeah?"

Because theres so many Nyx Rosses in the state.

Scrap that, in the country even.

"Oh shit, my bad, your lowkey Charlie's girl, forget I said all that" he laughs before clearing his throat.

"Here, let me try again, cool white hair slim shady"

I give him the classic white dad smile look.

"I'm not his girl but okay thanks?" I say, weirded out by this conversation already.

"Wait how do you know Charlie?" I ask, just curious because I don't think Parker ever went our school.

"I think you know how" he winks before walking out the room just before Mollie walks back in.

"He wasn't bothering you was he?" She asks, putting her phone on the counter.

"Not really" i smile, still thinking about what his last sentence meant.

The tracks.

•••

AN//

I'm actually screaming!! We hit 1K and 2K reads all in the same day!

I know it's only small but I'd just like to say thank you to whoever has read, commented or voted for The Devil's Smile.

I've also made an Instagram, give it a follow if you'd like.

I'll probably post things on there as if it's Nyx or Charlie as well as updates and whatever other shite I can think of.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

935 304 87
Top marks, a loving family and money. James has everything he wants. He goes to a good school with his best friend Becky and is known for being the b...
816K 27.6K 33
Alexander walker and Dylan Ross. Two inseparable and most importantly 'straight' best friends who just like to mess around. What could go wrong betwe...
908K 23K 42
He's the school's biggest player. "Hey cutie, wanna take a ride?" He's the most arrogant person I know. "I can't help it if I'm amazingly good-lookin...
95 4 17
Friendships are fragile, but they become important when invested. So are Relationships. But out of those two, which is more important? Would you rath...