Adopted by Steve McGarrett

By lailah_marie

Pain in the ass? Quite literally, Steve McGarrett has his rules, rules that he believes should not be broken... More

Chapter One
Chapter Three, Part One
Chapter Three, Part Two
Chapter Four
Chapter Five
Chapter Six
Chapter Seven
I'm about to break hearts here :/
Best news of your day...

Chapter Two

8.8K 103 25
By lailah_marie

Chapter Two,

~~~~ A month later~~~~~

Kailee’s POV

A month had gone by since Steve had adopted me and things were starting to look up for once. The bruises and cuts had all healed apart from a stubborn few and best of all Steve hadn’t raised a hand to me. I felt safe around him that I could finally relax. Magazines had become my new thing, Miss Karlee hadn’t let me have them and I had to practically beg Steve to let me have them. He thought they were too old for me and that I was eleven not five, I don’t think I had seen him laugh so hard then than any other time I had been here. I didn’t spend all my time in my room, I spent it downstairs with Steve. We didn’t always talk, but the company was there and I love it. I loved being able to be in the same room as someone and not get shouted at or hit. Steve would sit at his desk lot, working on stuff that he said was for work. He would always spend time looking through a red tool box, and when I asked what it was; he just said ‘something that my dad left me’ and that was the end. Today he was there doing taxes, he tried showing me a few times what to do, but I never paid attention. I had just got to the good bit in the magazine that I was reading, it was about a new film called the ‘Backup Plan’ with Alex O’Loughlin and Jennifer Lopez; I was going to see if Steve would take me. The doorbell and rang I sat there trying to ignore it while I read.

“Kai get that for me” Steve shouted through from the next room.

“But –“ I started, but I didn’t even get to finish

“I don’t care, get the damn door,” he repeated, I could hear the smile in his words as I stomped to the door cursing “and enough of that” he said from behind me. I leapt out of my skin from him being so close. I hadn’t even heard him come though, I blamed them Navy Seal skills or as I like to call them Ninja skills. I looked up at him though my eye lashes smiling sheepishly

“Sorry” I mumbled, but when I turned back round, I made a face. I pulled the door open just as they were about to knock again. “Uncle Danny” I cheered running forward and giving him a hug. The ‘reasonable’ heighted man laughed and hugged me back.

“Hey squiggle, how you doing?” he asked ruffling my hair. I battered his hands away and started to put it back to too normal, this morning I had spent ages trying to get my hair to go all wavy like Taylor Swifts.

“Fine” I huffed walking back into the living and curling back up on the sofa to read my magazine. Steve and Danny walked into the office area to talk finally leaving me alone.

Steve’s POV

“What’s up Danny?” I asked sitting back down at my dad’s desk leaning back in the office chair. Danny leant against the dining room table crossing his arms with a sigh.

“Noting, Grace had gone out with some friends so I thought I would come and bug you” he sighed “Or even steal Kailee” he continued clucking his tongue afterwards like he was had just asked for a cup of coffee and not to steal my daughter.

“So you can’t get your daughter to spend the day with you so you want to steal mine,” I laughed nearly toppling over in the chair. I thought about letting Kailee spend the day with Danny but then I had a better idea, things could go disastrously wrong if those two got at it. it was only the other day that I had to break them up because he decided to insult Pineapples of all things in front of her; I have never seen a girl consume so much Pineapple in my life, if I gave her the chance she would a whole one in one day alone. “Let’s all go out, call Kono and Chin have them bring Adam and Malia; we can all go out for a late lunch”

“Sounds good” Danny replied getting his phone out of his back pocket to call out other two-team members who were coincidently cousins.

“Kailee” I shouted though, I heard scrambling and then a face popping round the corner of the arch between the two rooms “We’re going out with Danny, Kono and Chin; so got get ready” the young girl smiled at me and then ran off up the stairs to her room.

“I figure it out more and more everyday why you adopted that girl” Danny smiled looking at me.

“Yeah, she loves Pineapple” I teased.

“Don’t even go there” he replied pointing at me with his index finger as a warning.

We met up with Kono, Adam, Chin and Malia at a small restaurant that we like to go to for lunch sometimes and spent the rest of the day away having a laugh. Kailee and me finally got home at about seven o’clock, she went straight back to the sofa to finish that silly magazine of her and I went upstairs.

Kailee’s POV

I was in the middle of reading the article that I had been trying to read all day; they had finally started asking Alex the questions and not that woman J-Lo; when the door well went off again. I sighed and tried ignoring it for the second time that day.

“Kai Hun, get the door,” Steve shouted down the stairs. I sighed again before replying.

“Little busy, use your own two legs,” I bellowed back settling back into the sofa. I heard footsteps coming back down the stairs; I looked up and saw a furious Steve coming down the stairs. I knew then I had put my foot in it. Steve yanked the door open to see a delivery boy stood awkwardly holding a parcel.

“Package for a… Mr McGarrett?” he asked holding a clipboard ready for him to sign. Steve signed it and yanked the parcel off out of the boys’ hands, who practically run off the porch to his bike; I couldn’t help but smile. The door slammed shut and the parcel hit the couch. I looked up and saw the anger on his face.

“Who the hell do you think you are!” he bellowed his voice echoed though me chilling me to the bone. “If I ask you to do something, you will damn well do it”

“Y…yes” I stuttered “I’m sorry.” he crossed his arms and his temper visibly relaxed, but that had to be the worst thing of all, if anything when he was calm and relaxed was when he was at his deadliest.

“I should have done this from the beginning, I’m introducing some rules” he began “First and for most when I ask you to do something you do it and you don’t talk back. I won’t ask you to do something unreasonable so get used to fact that you will be doing something around the house” he listed off a series of rules varying from going to school and getting good grades to do chores and cleaning my room. “And if you don’t I will tan you behind until you understand”

“What?!” I cried bolting up my magazine dropping to the floor.

“Yes, I don’t want to have to do it but I will, it seems like the only way to make you understand” he declared settling on the end of the sofa.

“Fine” I groaned hugging my knees close to my chest.

“Right, now can you please take the trash out I need to finishing sorting up stairs out”

“For fuck sake” I murmured barley auditable “Yes” I said for him to hear, but when I looked up, I saw that I made the biggest mistake, I kept forgetting that everything about him was ten times better than the normal human being. I raised my hand as a sign on peace but instead his grabbed my wrist and pulled me over his legs. I felt five hard slaps connect with my behind; I cried not from pain but shock. I had never really expected him to go through with what he said, he let me up and told to go and take the trash out. I followed the orders and did what I was told to do.

I came back in and saw that he was still sitting there, but there was conflict on his face. I sat back down on the sofa and looked at him.

“I’m sorry honey, I didn’t want to have to do that but you need to know that you’re not going to get away breaking the rules I have set. Everything in the world has discipline including this household, do you understand?” he asked looking down at me, he reached out to touch my arm.

“Yes” I murmured, “I’m sorry”

“Its okay” he said before getting me up and leaving me to myself on the couch, I didn’t even feel like reading my magazine. I knew that what I had was wrong and I knew I should have followed the rules, I was all for rules but I had never been great at following them. Nevertheless, after this I knew that what he was because he loved me and even though he did hit me, he didn’t hurt me and he did what he did to make me a better person.

Tell me what ya think??  

https://www.facebook.com/DanniiEagle

Continue Reading