little lady

By mysterywriter2006

hey I'm Maesyn. Im 16. I live on a farm that I have created, alone. With help from my grandparents. My dads a... More

hoco?
surprises
Sunshine

i never liked him anyways

7 0 0
By mysterywriter2006

These are my barns,

Milk parlor (aka milk rooms)

My grandpa, when I started building my barns, cut down another 80 acres of his wood, and that's where I harvest my wheat and corn. I have to take care of it all myself. I have six horses, and 20 Holsteins. I raise them and milk them. I currently have one bull, and 4 calves. My milk truck comes in twice a week. With the money that comes in I'm able to hire a helper, my helper being my neighbor. She's fifteen, and one of my closest friends. She keeps her horse here, she bought my yearling last year from my Oldest.

charley^

willow (white tail).    dixie ( dark brown)

1- Dakota.   2 Daisy     3 Faith

belle

That's my horses. Kelli horse is Belles foal. I have one Australian Shepard, named Auggie. I don't name my cows.

I woke up and went to the cow barn. I got ten of them back and walked them to the Milk parlor I set them up and then went and fed their trough. (Five on each side). When they were all done I sent them back. When they were all in their stalls I shut the gate. I brought the others in. The platforms were lifted three feet another the ground, and each had a milking station. The milk went underground to the holding tank. I went and fed that row and then sent them back. I shut the gate and then went out and fed the horses. It was five thirty. I went and fed the beefers on grandpas land (across the road). I went and parked my side by side back next to my truck. I went inside and showered. When I was done I blow dried my hair and put on this,

I put my hair in a low bun and then put on my hat. I did my mascara and then went and got my backpack. I looked at my watch. It's six thirty. I went downstairs and made breakfast. Dad came down and we ate together. After I put my dish in the sink.

Dad: the guys are gonna come over the next couple nights. Team dinner here today and after we're gonna hang out. Just some bonding time.
Maesyn: alright.

I put ice and water into my water bottle and made my lunch. I took it out to my truck.

My truck

I closed the door and went and fed the dog and cat. Then let the horses into the pasture. I went back to my truck and went to school. I put my stuff in my locker and then got my stuff for my first hour, Algebra 2. I finished up my homework and then class started. I'm a straight A student. After A2 I had Bio. Then bai. After bai I had animal science. Then lunch. Then I had Sociology and AP environmental science and weights. After school I went home and cleaned out my lunchbox. Then I put my backpack in my bedroom and then went out to the barn. I mucked stalls and checked on the horses that were in the pasture (all of them) I went back in and turned on the spicket at hip height that ran a hose through the wall and poured water into the buckets in their stalls. I did it for the other side, and then went and dumped the one in the pasture. I washed it out and refilled it. The pastures about fifteen feet behind the barn, and has two big doors, both 6 feet long. The hall is twelve feet wide with a small drain in the middle for rainwater or excess water dump from the stalls. The stalls are eight feet from the door to the wall, the barn is 60 feet long in total. The fence gate is 14 feet, this way I can drive my truck in. It reaches almost the the whole way, without the doors open. With doors open it creates a Path for the horses to run from their stall to the pasture. Then I close them in. After I was done filling the buckets I swept the excess out of the barn. I went to the chicken coop and continued to work on it. It's been a project In progress and my chickens are coming tonight.

This is the interior-

With no windows, instead another row of nesting, on the other side of the nesting is nesting boxes, which allows the eggs to roll out and land safely in this,

Little room which is where I keep my broom, it has a sliding door to get in and out. I laid hay in the beds and put feed in there. The guy brought the chickens. There was ten and a rooster. Past the small door is a enclosed fencing area, which also has a door. I shut the door and left them alone. I paid the guy. He left. I went inside. The next thing I know I hear trucks. I knew it was the guys. I went outside.

Austin: hey Mae
Maesyn: Austin.

I went to the barn. I cleaned and polished the saddles and then went and had dinner with the guys. After dinner I got up.

Dad: Mae
Maesyn: yes?
Dad: My assistant says I don't spend enough time with you. From now on every week I'm gonna put money into your bank account to help you with your little contraption you got going outside.
Maesyn: that's not spending time with your daughter.

I slammed the door on the way out. Knowing whatever happened would be mine to fix either way because he couldn't do shit. I walked out just as the milk truck was pulling in

Tyler: I'm a little early. Figured you could use a extra hand.

He helped me get the first group of cows in. We mucked the stalls and then he took it and dumped it. I let the cows back in and we sent in the second batch. I texted Kelli that I had milking done already. We mucked these stalls and fed both and let them back in. I went and fed the horses as he got the milk from the tank. I let them in. Then Jack and Austin came in.

Austin: need help?
Maesyn: not right now. I just finished everything.
Jack: so the situation between you and your dad isn't that great I hear?
Maesyn: it's always that way. Aren't dads always that way?
Jack: No. My dad hasn't ever treated me that way
Austin: didn't he teach you everything?
Maesyn: that was my grandpa. Shit. Grandpa. Coming?

We went and got into the side by side. I went up to pops barn and got feed and went and fed his beefers.

Gram: hey kiddo.

I put the bucket down.

Gram: how's it going?

I shut off the side by side.

Maesyn: good. Got my chickens today.
Gram: good. Dad spend any time with you?
Maesyn: No

I chuckled.

Maesyn: he's paying me off now.

She rolled her eyes.

Gram : I never liked him anyways.

We laughed.

Gram: love you honey.
Maesyn: bye gram.

I started the side by side and drove back home. I waved at Tyler as he left. I parked the side by side.

Aiden: you got firewood?

I looked at him.

Maesyn: firewood?
Aiden: we are gonna have a campfire.
Maesyn: ah.

I got back in the side by side and went and got them firewood. I took it to the campfire area and put it next to one of the benches.

Axle: thanks.

I nodded. I drove back around to the garage and parked it. I realized it needed gas. I grabbed my gas tank and put it in the bed of my truck. I went and got my coat from the barn. I started my truck.

Sam where are you going?
Maeysn: gas station.
Sam: alright.

I went inside and grabbed my wallet. I went back out and got in and drove to the gas station. I got gas in my truck and in the can. I went in and got s'mores stuff and then paid and left. I got back. I walked over and handed the bag to Aiden.

Maesyn: there's sticks in the garage.

Aiden: thanks.

I went and got back into my truck. I backed it up to the area I kept my hat bails. I loaded a bed full and shut the tailgate. I went and drove it to Tyler's.

Tyler: whatcha got?
Maesyn: your hay.
Tyler: ah sweet thanks

He helped me unload it. He handed me thirty bucks and I went back home. I parked my truck. I shut everything up. Then I went inside. I did the dishes and cleaned up the mess in the house. I went upstairs and put on this,

I put my hair in a bun and took off my makeup and took out my contacts and put on my glasses. I got my homework done and went to bed.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

255K 10.6K 26
စံကောင်းမွန် + တခေတ်ခွန်း ငယ်ငယ်ကခင်မင်ခဲ့တဲ့ဆက်ဆံရေးကနေအကြောင်းတစ်ခုကြောင့်စိတ်သဘောထားကွဲလွဲပြီး ပြန်တွေ့တဲ့အချိန်မှာသူဌေးနဲ့အလုပ်သမားဆက်ဆံရေးဖြစ်သွ...
45.6K 2.6K 22
𝐁𝐨𝐨𝐤 # 𝟏 𝐨𝐟 𝐓𝐡𝐞 𝐑𝐚𝐚𝐳 𝐬𝐞𝐫𝐢𝐞𝐬. Love or betrayal? Consumption of betrayals. Internal betrayal? Yes! Will they be overcome? Or W...
1.7M 117K 26
#Book-2 in Lost Royalty series ( CAN BE READ STANDALONE ) Ekaksh Singh Ranawat The callous heartless , sole heir of Ranawat empire, which is spread...
233K 27.3K 120
Genre- Drama Fantasy Historical Romance Slice of Life Author(s)- 静似骄阳 Associated Names- 穿书七零:我的炮灰丈夫十项全能 Eng Name- Transmigrating into a Novel: My Can...