璧玉之輪 | Fortuitous Jade

By baitian_exe

"HeiLi, you will be dispatched for another mission" Hearing that, Xiao Tian immediately leaped off the window... More

Character + Glossary
Chapter 1 - Prologue
Chapter 2 - A glimpse of you
Chapter 3 - Obsession
Chapter 4 - Encounter
Chapter 5 - Promises
Chapter 6 - Attraction
Chapter 7 - A Nickname?
Chapter 8 - HeiLi
Chapter 9 - I am not a Prey
Chapter 10 - It's a date!
Chapter 11 - A fleeting moment
Chapter 12 - My past
Chapter 13 - Jade Pendant
Chapter 14 - Partner
Chapter 16 - Reunion
Chapter 17 - Storm
Chapter 18 - Rivalry
Chapter 19 - Mission Complete
Chapter 20 - This is unlike you
Chapter 21 - Point of no return
Chapter 22 - Just like the old times
Chapter 23 - Vengeance
2nd Anniversary!
Chapter 24 - Yearning
Chapter 25 - Turmoil
Chapter 26 - Intoxication
Chapter 27 - Identity
Chapter 28 - Fragments of the past
Chapter 29 - Crimson Shard
Chapter 30 - Investigation
Chapter 31 - Instincts
Chapter 32 - Memory
Chapter 33 - Xiao Tian
Chapter 34 - Someone Special

Chapter 15 - Dreams

42 7 0
By baitian_exe

Chapter Notes:

Recap: Xiao Tian's train of thoughts halted immediately when he saw Bai Feng slumped over under Zi Shi's mercy. "Get away... HeiLi..." warned the informant as he slipped in and out of consciousness. On that night, as the assassin took care of the poisoned cedar-haired beauty, the two shared a kiss for the first time.

In this chapter, we will finally delve into more details about the ever-so-important Jade Pendant~

⊱ ━━━━.⋅❈⋅.━━━━ ⊰

In an extensive study decorated with lavish furnishing, two men were discussing quietly.

"Tsk. Sending people to get rid of him didn't even work. What makes you think they'll be able to bring him here alive?" grumbled a middle-aged man.

"Bai Feng doesn't bother us in any way, so I don't see a need for us to get rid of him.. Won't it be more beneficial if we—"

"Don't even speak his name in this house.." the older man tapped at his armrest impatiently.

The younger male kept his silence and excused himself, avoiding showing any negative emotions towards his own father. As he closed the door behind him, an attendant slipped him a small piece of paper.

The young master recently was poisoned but is currently recovering. The masked man has been by his side from time to time but he has not shown any malicious gestures. Please rest assured.

The young man frowned but sighed in relief. Right after reading the report he immediately burned the paper, leaving no trace of evidence behind.

Who is this masked man I've been reading about in the letters? I should really pay Bai Feng a visit.. Thought the ivory robe-cladded man.

⊱ ━━━━.⋅❈⋅.━━━━ ⊰

"What's so difficult about getting rid of a weakling like him? I thought you had the best people in line?" a man cladded in ivory robes questioned, as he barged into the organization boss' room.

"It is indeed unusual, he shouldn't have been able to stay alive with my men targeting him. Is there something you're not telling me?" asked the dark-dressed man.

"Why would I hide anything?! He's even sickly as a child, I don't understand how this is even difficult!" yelled the agitated middle-aged man.

"Well, then again it won't be fun if we kill him right away." said the veteran assassin.

"I paid you generously to assassinate him, so you better do it. Unless you're a scam all along" taunted the arrogant noble.

"Ah? It's been a while since I heard this term.. Unfortunately, the last person who told me this died a painful death." The boss is now pissed at the condescending attitude of the noble.

"J-Just figure out how to get rid of him!"

⊱ ━━━━.⋅❈⋅.━━━━ ⊰

"HeiLi don't you have missions to do?" Bai Feng asked, feeling bored resting in his room for days..

"I do. Focus on recovering so you can rejoin." said the assassin

"I feel like the moment I rejoin I'd be a sitting duck. Oh! Why don't we spar? I need practice. Besides, you're bored right?" proposed the informant.

"No." observing the informant's complexion, a little color returned to Bai Feng's face but it was not enough to reassure Xiao Tian.

"Come on.. I'm not that fragile.. Just a quick spar would do." insisted the long-haired beauty, already taking his sword with him. The assassin sighed but followed the informant to the courtyard anyway.

Throughout the way, Xiao Mei tried to stop him from sparring with Xiao Tian, worrying that the masked man might take advantage of the situation. But the golden-eyed beauty reassured his underling that he could take care of himself. However, that doesn't stop Xiao Mei from following the young master like a hawk.

Weapon in her hands, ready to strike if the masked man even tries to do anything harmful to Bai Feng.

Once they reached the courtyard, both men took their fighting stance and immediately closed off their distance. The sounds of weapons clashing can soon be heard. Despite Bai Feng's advantage of a longer reach, Xiao Tian didn't struggle to match the informant with his dagger.

Then it was Xiao Tian's turn to push back. He knew that the informant was not in his best condition so he held back his attacks, but Bai Feng immediately noticed.

"If you fight like this, you're mocking me HeiLi.." warned the informant as he made a sudden riposte on Xiao Tian, causing the assassin's dagger to clatter onto the ground.

⊱ ━━━━.⋅❈⋅.━━━━ ⊰

Early in the morning void of other disciples in the sect, the senior-junior pair started their spar. The clashing of their weapons could be heard clearly, piercing through the serene atmosphere of the training grounds at daybreak.

"Are you not taking me seriously, Shi Di?" The kind senior scolded as he deflected his junior's sword, watching the blade stab into the ground next to him.

"It's not like that Shi Xiong! I just.." The young man with a ponytail was so nervous to be this close to his favorite person that he couldn't focus.

"Pick it up, let's start again."

⊱ ━━━━.⋅❈⋅.━━━━ ⊰

Xiao Tian shook Bai Feng's shoulder slightly and the informant snapped back into focus.

"You're still not feeling well, are you.. We're going back." Xiao Tian pulled Bai Feng's hand and led him to his room.

"Wait, I'm alright! I was just distracted!" protested the informant but Xiao Tian didn't relent.

Once they had arrived back in Bai Feng's quarters, Xiao Tian took away his companion's sword and told him to rest.

"Your sense of danger.. How can you be distracted when sparring against me out of all people? Do you forget who I am?"

"You could easily kill me anytime, the fact that you haven't means you're not planning to yet for some reason." stated the informant in a matter-of-fact manner, stunning the assassin a little.

⊱ ━━━━.⋅❈⋅.━━━━ ⊰

When Bai Feng woke up, it was not even daybreak yet, the sky was dark and the moon was still high in the sky. He remembered that he was reading a book on his bed, must've fallen asleep — thought the informant.

That was when Bai Feng heard a slight groan. Xiao Tian had fallen asleep on the low bench by the window. It doesn't seem like he's having a good dream, judging from the sound he let out just now.

This is definitely a new sight for the golden-eyed beauty. Whenever Xiao Tian comes to visit late at night, Bai Feng never notices when the assassin chooses to leave. He sometimes wonders whether Xiao Tian has enough time to rest.

Bai Feng quickly chased away his thoughts, wait.. why should I care..

Without realizing it, the cedar-haired man was slowly opening up to the assassin.. 

Xiao Tian's presence became more and more prominent in his life. 

The short-haired man let out another whimper in his sleep which snapped back Bai Feng from his own little world. The informant was wondering what he could do when an idea struck him. Bai Feng took off the jade pendant from his neck and placed it on the assassin's palm. Luckily after a while, Xiao Tian's nightmares seemed to stop.

Seeing him peacefully asleep, Bai Feng covered the assassin with a blanket and walked towards his living room.

Now that I'm awake, I might as well start my day.. thought the informant. Unbeknownst to the both of them, at that moment the jade pendant glimmered slightly in the assassin's palm.

⊱ ━━━━.⋅❈⋅.━━━━ ⊰

Xiao Tian was hiding behind a tree, watching a certain couple in the distance. I can't.. move.. thought the assassin. As he watched from afar, he saw a couple embraced.

A somber voice rang in his head "Shi Xiong.." as he fled from the serene garden.

Am I dreaming again? The assassin wondered, frustrated that he couldn't control his own body.

Then the scene cuts to nighttime, Xiao Tian is now in a forest holding a lantern while looking around when suddenly he hears a voice,

"How has life been in the sect? Is everyone treating you alright?" the gentle senior asked as his lantern swayed slightly in the wind.

Xiao.. Bai..? the assassin's eyes widened. A mirror image of Bai Feng was standing right in front of him, but they were not exactly identical. This person seemed to be quite open when compared to his stone-cold bunny.

"It is so much better than what I had before.. I can't thank you enough, Shi Xiong.." the junior replied with utmost gratitude.

"That's good to hear.. Remember to let me know if anything is bothering you, I'm your Shi Xiong after all.. And sorry you had to be stuck on a patrol with me out of all people.." said Bai Feng as they continued to walk side by side, making sure nothing was out of the ordinary as they passed through the area.

"No Shi Xiong, I want to.." said The pony-tailed junior as his heart refused to calm down.

"You're always volunteering here and there, ready to help.. You'll one day be a good Shi Xiong for your juniors too, I can't wait to see that" chuckled the caring senior as he walked ahead. That's when the assassin noticed a familiar crimson hair tie.

I'm only volunteering because it was you who needed help Shi Xiong.. said the voice in the young man's head. This body kept on watching his senior's back as heat started to rise up to his cheeks.

Deeming that the area was safe, the two disciples decided to go back to the camp. Soon after, a voice called out to the senior, so he quickly turned to the onyx-haired young man.

"Good work tonight, make sure to get plenty of rest alright? See you tomorrow Shi Di" The kind man smiled as he walked towards the person who called him. The said man then ruffled the senior's hair before taking his hand as the couple retreated to their quarters.

Seeing this caused the body's heart to clench. The assassin wondered whether this body was ill, whenever he saw his senior, his heart would immediately be uneasy.

Then once again the scene changed, Xiao Tian is now peeking from behind the tree again. Currently watching a bunch of seniors huddled in the pavilion by the lake. Is this person a stalker? Thought the assassin when he suddenly overheard the seniors' conversation.

"We realized that you have been awfully close to ****, are you guys perhaps— " teased one of the seniors.

The man whom the junior recognized as his Shi Xiong's lover scoffed,

"We're just good friends, I'm taking care of him just like how I would my juniors"

"Juniors? Do you even know half of them?" the group laughed lightheartedly.

"I mean I get you, he could pass as a girl if he tried." said another senior earning gasps from the group.

"If ShiFu* heard this you would be done for.. Besides you need to go through **** first, am I right?" another senior slung his arm on his Shi Xiong's partner.

*a way to address a teacher/master/mentor with a connotation of "master-father"

"As I said" but before he could finish his sentence one of his friends spoke up.

"You got his family heirloom, didn't you? That pendant?"

"Huh this?" the man pulled out a stunning jade pendant from his robes.

"So it IS true, Doesn't that make you both practically married?" laughed more of his peers when suddenly he threw the pendant into the lake.

"It's just a gift he gave me a long time ago. Besides, who would marry a person like that?" scoffed the dark-haired man.

"Of course, we were joking! Why would you after what he did!" everyone laughed, and with that, the group left.

The onyx-haired junior then looked around to see if the coast was clear, luckily the sun was already setting so no one would pass this area too often. Once he couldn't see anyone near the pavilion, he jumped into the lake to search for the pendant. Only relying on the dim light of the sunset, the young man dived to try and retrieve his Shi Xiong's heirloom.

⊱ ━━━━.⋅❈⋅.━━━━ ⊰

Author's Notes:

Hope you enjoyed Dreams <3 Votes and comments are highly appreciated!

While waiting for chapter updates, you can check on Instagram where we update weekly on BaiTian arts!

Interaction Time! Do you guys think Shidi will be able to find the pendant?

A) Yes! Go Shidi!!

B) Nope

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

32.4K 1.3K 13
Why does this always happen to him?? Kang Yoojin had dived in front of a car to save a child, and had died as a result. Then he woke up to find himse...
2.9M 111K 138
Ye Zexi transmigrated as the big villain in a danmei novel, who shares the same name as him. Then, he found out that everyone regards him as an imagi...
18.2K 1.3K 24
Wen Ke Xing had everything in the beginning. He grew up loved by his parents and wanted for nothing. One day that all changed and his parents were sl...
843 148 19
'When the memories of your past linger about.' 'Thrown off a cliff, a desired end. He who met with resurrection. Shall never be remembered, a notorio...