His Sister

By mwritesssss

You have a boyfriend, but is your eye on someone else? And is it possibly his older sister? Rosemarie (Rose)... More

Introduction!!
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chaper 17
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Ending Note From Author
Bonus ~ Harpers Pov From Chapter 9
Bonus ~ Lucas' Pov From Chapter 11
Bonus ~ Harpers Pov From Chapter 27
Bonus ~ Harpers Pov From Chapter 37

Chapter 18

3.4K 78 19
By mwritesssss

"Harper... ummm." I try to say non shallot that she's quite literally checking me out, with fear, in my thong and bra. She doesn't move, she's like a stone as her eyes move down my body.

She slowly closes the door, her mouth dropped. I quickly throw on my sweats and long shirt.

I walk over to the door, take a deep breath, and open it.

"I am so sorry, Rose."

"I know you liked it, don't worry. What's up?" The words just slip out of my mouth. I don't even know where that came from.

Her face flushes red. "I did- I mean- I... came to get my charger that I left."

"It's right over there." I say slightly embarrassed by my last sentence.

"Sorry again. See you soon, Rose." If that wasn't the definition of awkward, I really don't know what is.

I throw myself on my bed after finishing my night routine. My face lays on the sheets as I try not to scream.

Harper just saw me basically naked. Basically.

This is bad... real bad.

I turn over and go on my phone, needing a distraction when I find myself texting the only person I want to talk to right now.

To Caroline: bitch guess what...

From Caroline: did you guys have sex?!?? OMG

To Caroline: no but she did walk in on me in my fucking thong and bra

From Caroline: HOLY SHIT ROSE

To Caroline: we did cuddle all night and kissed a few times

From Caroline: can i be the flower girl at ur wedding :)))))

To Caroline: chill tf out

From Caroline: sorry... u know how i get

To Caroline: yeah yeah i know

I roll my eyes at her and put my phone down, just to pick it up one second later when it goes off.

From Harper: u don't understand how turned on i was and i'm sorry for waking in but i'm kinda glad i did ;)

My heart beats faster and my eyes go wide.
No way she just texted me that.

What the fuck is going on.

I feel like everything that has happened with Harper is a dream and I'm scared of it. I'm scared of what's going on between us and I don't even really know why.

To Harper: like i said, i knew u liked it

From Harper: oh u bet
From Harper: but again i am sorry for walking in on u. i should've knocked

To Harper: it's alright don't worry about it we can just forget about it

From Harper: it's gonna be real hard to forget what i saw and idk if i really want to forget about it

Fuck (me).

To Harper: if you say so... pretty

From Harper: HEY THATS MY LINE. don't be out here stealing my name for you smh

To Harper: yeah yeah whatever u say

I catch myself smiling at the texts. That's how you know i'm in deep.

From Harper: so... when do i get to see u again

To Harper: probably when i confront ur brother

From Harper: that doesn't count.

To Harper: sure does

From Harper: i need to see u again soon
From Harper: idk how long i can manage not  seeing ur pretty face

To Harper: you flatter me too much

From Harper: glad to hear ;)

This fucking girl.

I stare at my phone, begging her to respond or just say something. She's basically got me on my knees for her.

From Harper: lucas just asked me if you want to talk to him. idk why he's asking ME?! his dumbass should be texting u

To Harper: didn't u say that you think he knows?? so maybe he's not texting me bc he's not too sure...

From Harper: yeah true. should i just tell him you'll be over sometime this week or next week?

To Harper: tell him i'll be over after school tuesday

From Harper: holy shit that soon?! u sure rose?

To Haprer: very

This instant decision makes my heart race and I can't believe I just did that. Why am I like this?

To Harper: should i txt him?

From Harper: nah i got it... see you tuesday pretty ;)

When I make decisions like this, my first instinct is to go to the only place that gives me comfort.

The library.

Again, it's 20 mins away and in the middle of no where, so the chances of seeing someone is rare.

Except for that one time when Harper was here...
Other than that, I've been lucky.

I walk into the building and see my girl. "Cynthia!" I say, making my way over to the front desk.

"Rose! How are you, darling?"

I shrug, "Been better."

"Ugh, what happened now? Tell me all of it." She demands. I love her with my whole heart.

"Basically my boyfriend cheated on me and I'm kinda seeing his sister."

"His sister?!"

"His sister." I nod.

"I wanna say that's messed up, but he cheated on you so fair is fair."

I laugh, "I knew you would understand." She winks at me and I make my way over to my favorite section... romance of course.

I scan the books as I land on one with a pretty lavender cover and I'm instantly interested. I open the book and start to scan the pages.

"There's the hopeless romantic! The only way she can get that fulfillment right now is through paper, isn't this a very sad sight." I slowly turn around as I hear that agonizing voice.

"What the fuck do you want, Lilah?"

She laughs. "Your boyfriend or should I say... ex? It's alright though because I already have him. I've had him."

"Get the fuck out of my face Lilah I don't want to deal with you right now."

"Why? Mad that I took his virginity and you didn't? Mad you didn't know you lost your v-card to a man who lied to you about still having it?" My blood is boiling and the snariness in her voice isn't making this better.

If I was a fighter, I would surely beat the shit out of her right now.

"Lilah. Leave." I say turning back around and putting the book away.

"You can't be that mad at me, Rose. I thought we were becoming friends again."

I laugh to myself. "We were never going to be friends again and certainly not after you fucked my boyfriend behind my back. Lilah, I never liked you and I mostly certainly will never give a shit if your dead or alive ever again. Fuck you."

"Be mad all you want, Rosemarie."

"Don't call me that." I say as she gets closer.

She's right by my ear, breathing heavy. "But at the end of the day, he lied to you and he has always wanted me... you hopeless romantic." She walks away and I close my eyes. I shouldn't let her get to me but she does. She knows how to get under my skin and she uses that to her bestest ability.

I walk to the front desk, waving at Cynthia.

"What's wrong, Rose?" She yells at me as I go through the door.

"I was nothing to him."

What I took from Lilah was: he used me that one time for my body and didn't even care. He wanted to take my virginity, like that made him feel superior because I didn't know about what he was doing with Lilah behind my back.

I was never loved at the end of our relationship.

I sit in my car, banging my head on the wheel from time to time. How stupid was I to not see it? I knew something was off about him, but I didn't think it was because he was cheating on me with the girl who hurt me!

He knew what she did to me and still did what he did.

To Harper: is he home??

I don't know what I'm doing, but I know that I need her to hold me. I need her to rub my back and tell me it's gonna be okay, tell me that I'm loved and that he's a dick.

From Harper: he's out with his weird ass friends... why? everything okay?

To Harper: can i please come over

From Harper: you're always welcomed

On my way there, I call Caroline and all she does is curse him out. Which, I needed to hear.

I reach the Riggs' house, shaking from the fear that I'm gonna have to face him.

I get out, my legs trembling as I walk to the door.

Knocking once, twice, three-

"Rose, how are you?" Emerson opens the door.

"Not good. Is Haprer here?" She nods and hugs me.

"I'm so sorry my son is such a dick. Kade and I are pissed at him because we love you. You're an angel and don't deserve his shitty behavior. We're gonna take care of him and punish him, so don't even worry. We're on your side, we don't condone cheating." She pulls away and kisses my forehead, smiling at me. I guess the only Riggs that sucks is Lucas. "Go see Harper, she's up in her room. Come down if you need anything."

"Thank you, Emerson." I say, making my way up the grand staircase.

Lucas is a rich petty loser.

I get to the door and knock. "Come in!"

I walk in, look at her, and instantly break down. She gets up and hugs me within a heartbeat.

Since she's a little taller than me, she wraps her arms around my neck and I wrap mine around her waist. She puts her head on top on mine as I sob into her chest, each sob getting a little more aggressive as I think about what happened.

"Shhh it's gonna be okay, love." She starts to rub my back as she keeps telling me it's gonna be alright and that she's here.

It soothes me and I start to calm down.

She takes her hand and moves my face away from her chest, so I'm looking at her. "Poor thing, oh my God." I probably look so disgusting right now.
"Let me know when you're ready to talk about it." She whispers, but I can hear her voice slowly start to fade, I run to the bathroom. I throw my hair behind my ears and throw up. She runs in behind me, kneels beside me, and holds up my hair while wrapping her arm around my back.

Once I'm done I look at her. "I'm so sorry. I throw up when I get nervous and-"

She rubs my back. "It's okay, Rose. I'm here and it's... going... to... be... okay..." Her voice starts to fade out again and it all sounds like she's dragging her words on.

But when my vision goes black, I can't hear her voice anymore.

Author Note
hey beautiful people !!
i just wanted to say that i love the stuff you guys comment, it always makes me laugh and it brings me joy seeing you guys react to my stuff 🫶🫶🫶
love you all and hope you enjoyed this chapter and the book in general so far <33

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

19.3K 932 31
Mikayla is used to working hard. As the only person in her house, she works multiple jobs to pay the bills and put food in the cupboards. Having no f...
108K 3.2K 44
When two lovers' best friends meet for the first time... lots of feelings can rise. Attraction, confusion, lust... love? Will they be able to overcom...
251K 6K 51
Rose is a college student hoping for a scholarship to play woman's football in America so she can reunite with her father. However, Rose falls for a...
562K 24.9K 34
Tobias just went through a breakup with a girl he's dated for years. The idea of him even being in a relationship, was crazy for people to even think...