The Spinjitzu Masters of Unio...

By SpectralNinja

Growing up was never easy for (Y/N) Garmadon. From a young age, he was always looked down upon due to his fat... More

[Student File: (Y/N) Garmadon]
[Harem Part 1]
[Harem Part 2]
[Harem Part 3]
[Villains Part 1]
[Villains Part 2]
Prologue
Chapter 1 - Masters of Spinjitzu Part 1
Chapter 2 - Masters of Spinjitzu Part 2
Chapter 3 - A New Journey
Chapter 4 - Balance of Life
Chapter 6 - Seeing Red
Chapter 7 - Unwavering Faith
Update (PLEASE READ)

Chapter 5 - Initializing Initiation

3.3K 50 49
By SpectralNinja

At the crack of dawn, (Y/N) awoke. Looking around, he noticed as everyone else was sleeping.

His training under Master Wu had conditioned him to wake up early in the morning, as the old man had often proclaimed, "Evil doesn't sleep, and neither should you."

After changing into his ninja gi, (Y/N) headed to the cafeteria, which was empty, save for the Pro Hero called Lunch Rush, who was busy preparing breakfast.

As he ate his pancakes, he noticed two girls entering the cafeteria.

The first was a very energetic ginger with blue eyes. She wore a black and white outfit with a pink skirt.

Nora Valkyrie

The second was a more quiet girl with black hair that had a streak of magenta going through it. She wore a green top with a black strap that reminded (Y/N) of his own ninja outfit.

Lia Ren

(Y/N) mostly ignored them as the ginger girl chatted away with the other girl, who remained quiet.

He was lost in thought when suddenly, he heard a soft and quiet voice speak out in front of him.

Ren: Excuse me... do you mind if we sit with you?

(Y/N) looked up to see the two girls from before.

(Y/N): Hmm? Oh, sure, go ahead.

Ren smiled softly while Nora smirked triumphantly at her.

Nora: See, I told you he would!

As the two sat down across from him, (Y/N) looked confused.

(Y/N): Told what?

Nora: When we walked in, we saw you sitting all sad and alone, so I thought you might need some company!

Ren: Sorry about her... she gets excited easily... I'm Lia Ren, by the way.

Nora: And I'm Nora Valkyrie!

Nora looked at (Y/N)'s half-eaten pancakes with hunger in her eyes.

Nora: Are you going to finish those?!

(Y/N) shrugged and looked at the girl.

(Y/N): Knock yourself out.

Nora quickly snatched away (Y/N)'s pancakes and added them to her plate. Then, she began scarfing them down as Ren looked at (Y/N) with curiosity.

Ren: So, why are you up so early? Everyone else seems to be still sleeping.

(Y/N): Force of habit, I guess. My mentor always woke my team and me early for training.

Ren: I see. I thought it was strange that someone was up before us, but it makes sense now.

(Y/N): What about you two?

Nora attempted to speak, but it was unintelligible as she was still chewing her food.

Ren: Nora, swallow before you speak.

(Y/N) lightly chucked, which caused both girls' hearts to skip a beat.

(Y/N): You must really like those pancakes.

Nora: Are you kidding?! Pancakes are the best food ever! They're the perfect way to start the morning. Anyone who says otherwise is a heretic!

Ren: Anyway, to answer your question, we've both always been early birds.

(Y/N): How long have you two known each other?

Nora: Since we were kids! We've been inseparable since-

Nora cut herself off as realization set in. She and Ren looked down sadly.

(Y/N): Sorry, I didn't mean to intrude...

Ren: N-no, it's fine... it's just we don't really like to talk about our past... sort of a touchy subject.

(Y/N): Oh... well, I won't continue if it's difficult to talk about.

As students started trickling into the cafeteria, (Y/N) stood up.

(Y/N): Well, Nora, Ren, it was nice to meet you both. Good luck with the entrance exams.

Ren: Same to you (Y/N). I look forward to getting to work with you.

Nora: Bye (Y/N), kick some ass out there!

—————————————————

A little while later, in the locker room, Nora walked by, talking with Ren.

Ruby: Wonder what those two are so worked up about.

Yang: Oh, who knows? So you seem awfully chipper this morning!

Ruby: Yep! No more awkward small talk or "getting-to-know-you" stuff. Today, I get to let my sweetheart do the talking.

Ruby stroked Crescent Rose while happily sighing.

Yang: Well, remember, Ruby, you're not the only one going through the entrance exams. If you wanna grow up, you're gonna have to meet new people and learn to work together.

Ruby: You sound like Dad! Okay, first of all, what does meeting new people have to do with fighting? And secondly, I don't need people to help me grow up! I drink milk!

Yang: But what about when we form teams?

Ruby: Um, I don't know, I... I'll just be on your team or something...

Yang: Maybe you should try being on someone else's team? What about (Y/N)? You two seem to get along rather well.

Upon Yang's suggestion, Ruby's eyes widen as she blushes heavily. Seeing her sister like this, slyly grinned.

Yang: Ohhh, does my little sister have a crush?

Ruby: W-what makes you think that?

Yang: Oh, I don't know. How about the fact your face is as red as your cape or that you've been talking about him nonstop since you two met?

Ruby: I-it's not like that! I just think he's really cool... Besides, he's already got a team...

Yang: Well, If you don't make a move, then maybe I will.

Inside Ruby's head, she mentally panicked and questioned her feelings. Meanwhile, Yang looked at her dazed sister with confirmation.

Yang: Yep, she's definitely crushing on him. I can't blame her, though. He is pretty cute if I'm being honest.

Ruby's heart was beating rapidly as she longingly stared at him. Upon seeing him talking with Jeanne, Weiss, and a red-haired girl, she felt upset but didn't know why.

Ruby: Why do I feel so different when I think of him? Is Yang, right? Do I have a crush on him?

—————————————————

Meanwhile, Jeanne walked around looking for her locker.

Jeanne: Ridiculous! There's no way I put my gear in locker 636 yesterday! I would've remembered having to count that high! Why does this have to happen today?

(Y/N) was about to help her when Weiss suddenly dragged him over to a red-haired girl wearing gold and brown armor.

Pyrrha Nikos

Weiss: Excuse me.

Weiss tapped Pyrrha on the shoulder.

Pyrrha: Oh, hello. I don't believe we have met.

Weiss: I'm Weiss Schnee, heiress to the Schnee Dust Company.

Pyrrha turned to look at (Y/N) with curiosity in her eyes.

(Y/N): (Y/N) Garmadon.

Pyrrha: It's a pleasure to meet you both.

Weiss: So, Pyrrha, have you given any thought to whose team you'd like to be on? I'm sure everyone must be eager to unite with such a strong, well-known individual such as yourself.

Pyrrha: Hmm... I'm not quite sure. I was planning on letting the chips fall where they may.

Weiss looked content on the outside, but on the inside, she mischievously grinned as she schemed.

Weiss: This will be perfect! The smartest girl in class combined with the Green Ninja and the strongest girl in class! Together we will be unstoppable! I can see it now! We'll be popular! We'll be celebrities! We'll get perfect grades! (Y/N) and I will become the perfect couple! Nothing can come between us now!

Her thoughts were interrupted as (Y/N) spoke out.

(Y/N): Sorry, but I have my own team to look out for.

Weiss looked at him, taken aback and disappointed.

Weiss: O-oh right... sorry...

(Y/N): It's cool. We can still be friends if you want.

Weiss: Right... that sounds great!

Suddenly, Jeanne appeared before them and looked at (Y/N) and Weiss, completely ignoring Pyrrha.

Jeanne:  You know what else is great? Me. Jeanne Arc. Nice to meet you!

Jeanne completely ignored Pyrrha while Weiss glared at him in annoyance.

Weiss: You again?

Pyrrha: Nice to meet you, Jeanne!

Jeanne: Yeah, Yeah...

To (Y/N)'s annoyance, Jeanne pushed Pyrrha to the side. (Y/N) quickly helps her back up.

(Y/N): Damnit Jeanne, you're stronger than you look... Are you okay, Pyrrha?

Pyrrha: Yes, I'm fine. Don't worry about me.

Jeanne: So, Weiss, I couldn't help but overhear your fondness for (Y/N) the other day.

Weiss: OH, you've got to be kidding me!

Jeanne: Don't worry! No need to be embarrassed! So, been hearing some rumors about teams! I was thinking you and me would make a good one! What do you say?

Pyrrha: Actually, I think the hunter teams are comprised of four students each, so-

This caught Jeanne's attention as she made her way over to (Y/N) and Pyrrha.

Jeanne: You don't say. Well, play your cards right and maybe you and (Y/N) could join up with the winning team.

Weiss: Jeanne, is it? Do you have any idea of who you're talking to?

Jeanne: Not in the slightest.

Weiss: This is Pyrrha

Pyrrha: Hello, again!

Weiss: Pyrrha graduated top of her class at Sanctum!

Jaune: Never heard of it.

Upon hearing that familiar phrase, (Y/N) chuckled.

Weiss: She's won the Mistral Region Tournament four years in a row! A new record!

(Y/N): Wow that's impressive, you must be an excellent fighter.

Pyrrha looked down with a small smile and blushed while Jeanne was still confused.

Jeanne: The what?

Weiss: She's on the front of every Pumpkin Pete's Marshmallow Flakes box!

Jeanne: That's you?! But they only do that for star athletes and cartoon characters!

Pyrrha: Yeah, it was pretty cool. Sadly, the cereal isn't very good for you.

Weiss: On the other hand, (Y/N) is a famous hero in his homeland who has defeated villains that you could only ever hope of beating. So, after hearing all of this, do you really think you're in a position to ask them to be on your team?

Jeanne looked down dejected.

Jeanne: I guess not... sorry.

Pyrrha: Actually, Jeanne, I think you'd make a great leader!

(Y/N): Agreed. It's a big responsibility, but I think you're up to the task.

As Jeanne blushed from (Y/N)'s encouragement, Weiss and Pyrrha both felt a tinge of jealousy.

Jeanne: D'oh, stop it!

Weiss: Seriously, please stop it. This kind of behavior should not be encouraged!

Jeanne: Sounds like Pyrrha and (Y/N) are on board for Team Jeanne. Spots are filling up quick! Now I'm not supposed to do this, but maybe I could pull some strings, find a place for you. What do you say?

Jeanne grabbed (Y/N) and hugged him a little too tight.

Weiss: All right, that's a bit too close!

It was worse for (Y/N) as he ran out of air from how tight her hug was.

(Y/N): Help....

Jeanne turned back to see Pyrrha's spear strike her back, pinning her to the lockers.

Pyrrha: I'm sorry!

Their discussion was interrupted by a loud rumbling sound.

(Y/N): I know that sound...

(Y/N) quickly ran outside to investigate, as did many other students. From the atmosphere, they all watched in awe as a large brown ship with two dragon heads on the bow descended as it landed near the island docks, the boat's white sails that displayed a red dragon folded in from their flight mode.

Jeanne: Was that a flying ship?

(Y/N): It's the Bounty!

Jeanne: The what?

(Y/N) ignored her as he rushed over to meet his friends. Nya quickly pulled him into a hug, which caused the other girls to feel jealous.

(Y/N): It's good to see you all again. I hope the journey wasn't too rough.

Nya: It was okay, nothing we aren't used to by now. How have you been?

(Y/N): Ah, you know, it's been a busy few days. But I've been keeping in good spirits.

He soon noticed that his uncle was not present.

(Y/N): Where's Master Wu?

Cole: He told us to go find you and said he had some business to attend to in the meantime.

Zane: I could tell my scanners indicate that you're a lot happier from the last time we were together.

As (Y/N)'s new friends approach, he scratches the back of his head sheepishly.

(Y/N): Yes, well, I made some new friends while I was away.

They noticed the group of girls, which included Ruby, Weiss, Blake, Yang, Jeanne, Nora, Pyrrha, and Ren. Additionally, Izumi and Ochaco also appear.

Kai smirks and ruffles the hair of an embarrassed (Y/N).

Kai: Oh ho ho, looks like our little Ninja is quite the ladies' man.

Nya playfully punched Kai on the shoulder.

Nya: Leave him alone.

She turned to face the group of girls smiling back at them.

Nya: You must be (Y/N) 's friends, right? I'm Nya, Master of Water.

Nya held out her hand as crystal blue water swirled around it.

Kai: Name's Kai, Master of Fire and Nya's older brother.

Kai held out his hand as it spontaneously combusted into bright orange and yellow flames.

Cole: Cole, Master of Earth.

Cole slammed his fists together, causing his hands to glow bright orange with trickles of lava seeping down his arms. Additionally, a bright orange scar appeared on his forehead.

Zane: I am Zane, the Master of Ice

Zane held up his hands as cold light blue energy surrounded them.

Zane: It's a pleasure to meet you all.

Jay: I'm Jay, Master of Lightning!

Jay held out his hands as blue lightning formed between them.

Pixal: I am Pixal, also known as Samurai X

Skylor: I'm Skylor, Master of Amber.

Skylor touches Kai and Jay's shoulder. She held up her hands as fire and lightning surrounded them.

Ruby: Hi, my name is Ruby Rose. It's nice to meet you all. (Y/N) speaks very highly of all of you.

Weiss: Weiss Schnee, heiress to the Schnee Dust Company

Blake: Blake Belladonna...

She continued to read her book, not paying much attention!

Yang: Don't worry about her. I'm Yang Xiao Long, Ruby's older sister.

Jeanne: The name's Jeanne Arc. Short, sweet, and rolls off the tongue. Guys love it.

All of the Ninja had questioning thoughts in their minds.

The Ninja: Do they?

Pyrrha: Hello, I'm Pyrrha Nikos.

Nora: HI, I'M NORA VALKYRIE!

Ren: I'm Lia Ren...

Izumi: I-I'm Izumi Midoriya... your powers are so cool!

Ochaco: Nice to meet you, I'm Ochaco Uraraka!

—————————————————

Soon after, the new students were called into the auditorium to be briefed on the entrance exam.

(Y/N) sat down with Nya on his left and Cole on his right. Eventually, a man with spiked blonde hair appeared on stage. He wore a black costume with a metal braver around his neck and orange-tinted sunglasses.

Present Mic

Present Mic: What's up, UA Candidates? Thanks for tunin' into me, your school DJ! C'mon and lemme hear ya!

He held his hand to his ear, waiting for a response, only to be met by utter silence.

Present Mic: Keeping it mellow, huh? That's fine. I'll skip straight to the main show. Let's talk about how this practical exam is going to go down, okay? Are you ready? YEAH!

The awkward silence in the room was broken by Izumi, who sat in the row in front of (Y/N), muttering to herself.

Izumi: Oh my goodness, it's the voice hero Present Mic. So cool! I listen to his radio show every day of the week. It's so crazy nuts that all the UA teachers are Pro Heroes and Hunters.

The girl sitting next to Izumi scowled in irritation.

???: Will you shut up?

Present Mic: Like your application said, today, you rockin' boys and girls will be out there conducting ten-minute mock battles in super-hip urban settings.

The overhead screen changed to show arrows pointing to boxes with the letters A to G.

Present Mic: Gird your loins, my friends. After I drop the Mic here, you'll head to your specified battle center. Sound good? Okaaaaay?

Everyone collectively looked down at their examination cards.

Cole: Looks like they're spitting us up...

(Y/N): Yeah, you're right... However, from what I've heard, it's only for those already in established teams.

Nya smiled as she looked toward (Y/N) and Cole.

Nya: I'm sure we'll all do well.

Kai: She's right. We have more experience than anyone here when it comes to fighting.

Zane: You shouldn't get cocky, Kai. I sense that many here have been cultivating their combat for many years.

Present Mic: Okay, okay, let's check your targets. There are three types of faux villains and three types of Grimm in every battle center.

The screen changed to show a small city and silhouettes of three robots and three types of Grimm with numbers showing their respective point count.

Present Mic: You'll earn points based on their level of difficulty, so you better choose wisely. Your goal in this trial is to use your powers and weapons to raise your score by shredding these false villains like a mid-song guitar solo.

Present Mic swiftly pointed to the crowd.

Present Mic: But check it! Make sure you're keeping things heroic. Attacking other examines is a UA no-no, ya dig?

???: Excuse me, sir, but I have a question!

Present Mic: Hit me!

The spotlight shined upon a boy with a tall and muscular boy with blue hair that was flattened down. He wore a preppy beige school uniform and silver square glasses.

Tenya Iida

Iida: On the printout, you've listed four types of villains. Not three. With all respect, if this is an error on official UA materials, it is shameful. We are exemplary students. We expect the best from Remnant's most notable school. A mistake such as this won't do.

He then turned and pointed towards Izumi.

Iida: Additionally, you with the unkempt hair.

Izumi: Huh?

Iida: You've been muttering this entire time. Stop that. If you can't bother to take this seriously, leave. You're distracting the rest of us.

Izumi covered her mouth in embarrassment.

Izumi: Sorry...

(Y/N): What's his problem?

Present Mic waved his hands around to settle the crowd, who were laughing.

Present Mic: All right, all right. Examinee number 7-1-1-1. Thank you for calling in your request

On the screen, a silhouette of the fourth villain type appeared.

Present Mic: The fourth villain type is worth zero points. That guy's just an obstacle we'll be throwing in your way. There's one in every battle center. Think of it as a hurdle you should try to avoid. It's not that it can't be beaten, but there's... kinda no point. I recommend my listeners try to ignore it and focus on the ones toppin' the charts.

Iida respectfully bows before sitting down.

Iida: Thank you very much. Please continue.

Present Mic: That's all I've got for you today. You ready to go beyond? Let's hear a plus ultra! Good luck. I hope you practiced hitting more than just the books.

—————————————————

Eventually, (Y/N) made his way to Battle Center A and waited with the rest of the students.

As he was thinking over the entrance exam, an aggressive feminine voice called out to him.

???: HEY YOU!

(Y/N): Hmm?

He turned to see the girl that sat next to Izumi during the exam instructions. She had short spiky blonde hair and sharp red eyes.

Katsumi Bakugo

Katsumi: So you're the one that damn nerd keeps going on and on about. You don't look that impressive to me.

(Y/N): Sorry to disappoint, but I'm not here to impress others. I'm here to get stronger.

Katsumi looked at him, slightly taken aback, but quickly regained her confidence.

Katsumi: Whatever, green bean, just stay out of my way. There's only room for one person at the top, and it will be me!

As soon as the doors to the battle arena opened up, (Y/N) pulled down his hood and immediately took off, leaving behind the students who expected a countdown.

The rest of the students soon followed after them, hoping to score points.

(Y/N) turned down a street with numerous robots and Grimm, all of which proceeded to charge at him. A Beowolf attempted to pounce him, but he quickly dodged it using Spinjitzu and slashed it with his sword.

He kept tearing through the battle arena, destroying as many enemies as possible with his sword and energy blasts, regardless of the point count.

Suddenly, he stopped when he heard the ground shaking and some of the examinees running away in fear.

In front of him stood a massive green robot. It was the zero pointer that they were warned about.

(Y/N): That is one big robot...

He was about to run when he heard someone cry out.

???: AHHH, SOMEONE HELP!

He looked up to where the voice came from to see a girl holding on for dear life to the railing of one of the buildings as the Zero Pointer approached.

Just as she began to fall, (Y/N) rushed over and caught her, using Airjitzu to get her safely to the ground.

(Y/N): You okay?

???: Yeah, I think so... thanks...

He set her to the ground as his bright green eyes met her dark purple eyes. She had dark blue hair with a purple and magenta stripe. She wore a light blue school uniform with a magenta vest overtop and a purple six-point star pinned in her hair.

Twilight Sparkle

(Y/N) smiled at the girl, causing her to blush, but her eyes widened as she noticed the robot about to crush them.

Twilight: Look out!

She quickly held her hand out as a magenta aura formed around it and the robot's arm.

Twilight: I can't hold it forever...

She struggled to hold the robot in place while (Y/N) quickly focused his power into his hands and summoned his elemental dragon.

Just as Twilight's magic faded,  the robot attempted to crush her but was knocked back by (Y/N) and his dragon slamming into it.

He then focused all his elemental power into his hands. But, unbeknownst to him, his eyes glowed purple instead of the usual green, and a large blast of purple energy hit the robot, utterly destroying it.

As he landed, he was shocked at the foreign power he used. Looking at his hands in disbelief as the purple energy faded away.

The girl he had saved ran up to him.

Twilight: That was incredible! Thanks for saving me.

(Y/N): Yeah, no problem.

Twilight: I'm Twilight, by the way, Twilight Sparkle.

She held out her hand to him as he shook it.

(Y/N): (Y/N) Garmadon.

They were interrupted by a loud siren going off.

Twilight: It's over already?

(Y/N): Guess so. The excitement and craziness must've made the time fly by.

After getting a check over from the school matron, Recovery Girl, (Y/N) and Twilight stood outside the entrance to the battle arena.

Twilight: Thanks again for saving me...

(Y/N): All part of the job.

Twilight: So, what kind of powers do you have?

(Y/N): It's rather hard to explain. The best way I can describe it is green energy with the elemental properties of fire, earth, ice, and lightning. As for that purple power, I'm not quite sure about it...

Twilight: Interesting... I don't suppose you'd be willing to run a few experiments with me. I think we'd both like to know more about it.

(Y/N): I don't mind. If it helps me to understand this new power of mine, then sure. Speaking of which, what are your powers?

Twilight: It's standard equestrian magic. Not all equestrians are born with it. Some, like my friend Applejack, have enhanced physical strength, while others, like my friend Rainbow Dash, have wings that let them fly.

(Y/N): So you're a mage, then? That's really cool!

Twilight giggled and smiled at him.

Twilight: Thanks. It took a lot of studying to get where I'm at. I just hope it will be enough...

(Y/N): I'm sure you did great!

She went looked away, blushing while she fiddled with her fingers.

Twilight: So... (Y/N)... do you think we could... exchange numbers?

(Y/N): Sure, why not. It's always nice to have another friend.

Twilight: If you had asked me in the past, I would've said that making friends was a waste of time. But I've come to learn that a solitary life isn't a happy one. So I'm glad to have met my friends and to have met you.

(Y/N): I feel the same way. I used to be a little troublemaker. But my friends helped shape me into the person I am now. It's nice to know some people have your back.

Eventually, they went their separate ways, and (Y/N) headed to the Destiny's Bounty to meet with his friends and wait for the results.

======================
(A/N): Absolutely hated writing this chapter. Introducing so many characters to each other is very draining to write, as are entrance exams. I'm just glad it's out of the way now.

Also if you haven't already, I ask you to check out the Harry Potter story than I'm writing as well. I've been putting a lot of work into it lately, so I hope you check it out.

As always, thanks for reading.

Word Count: 4237

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

303K 7.5K 25
(MY FIRST WRITING PROJECT, WILL CONSIST OF CRINGY WRITING + PLOT, SOME CHAPTERS ARE EDITED TO WORK BETTER. BUT, PLEASE BARE WITH ME, AS I HAVE MANAGE...
93.7K 2K 81
Join our six favourite Ninja as they go throughout their lives as Ninja and High School students, they must face down Lord Garmadon who is their gree...
4.5K 85 13
This is Lego Ninjago the Movie just with my OC in it, and another character~ 6 ninja, fight of against Garmadon. Though, this is different. A girl wi...
8.6K 555 33
❛ I AM NOT MY FATHER. ❜ The story of the Overlord vs. the Ultimate Spinjitzu Master has been passed down for generations, but few people still believ...