𝒂𝒅𝒐𝒓𝒆 𝒚𝒐𝒖, 𝒋𝒂𝒎𝒆𝒔...

By -firelitroses-

"𝑰 𝒅𝒐𝒏'𝒕 𝒘𝒂𝒏𝒕 𝒕𝒐 𝒃𝒆 𝒂 𝒔𝒆𝒄𝒐𝒏𝒅 𝒐𝒑𝒕𝒊𝒐𝒏" "𝒅𝒂𝒓𝒍𝒊𝒏𝒈, 𝑰 𝒂𝒃𝒔𝒐𝒍𝒖𝒕... More

𝒄𝒉𝒂𝒓𝒂𝒄𝒕𝒆𝒓𝒔 𝒂𝒆𝒔𝒕𝒉𝒆𝒕𝒊𝒄
𝐦𝐢𝐱𝐭𝐚𝐩𝐞.
001. The manor
002. The other woman
003. Arrogant prick
004. Apologizes and Acceptance
005. Savior
006. Broom polish and vanilla
007. Pretty fucking beautiful
008. Raindrops
009. Parties and Hangovers
010. The tower
011. Quidditch practice
012. Stupid realizations
013. Moonlight
015. Photgraphs
016. The slug club
017. Blue hair?
018. Lions vs Snakes
019. Snow days
020. adore you
021. daddy issues
022. Christmas party
023. Home sweet home

014. Pretty boy

1.7K 47 14
By -firelitroses-

☾ ⋆*・゚:⋆*・゚:✧*⋆.*:・゚✧.: ⋆*・゚: .⋆ ☾

pretty boy

*・゚:*・゚:*.*:・゚✧.: *・゚: .

When Eva was little, she often dreamt about the perfect fairytale romance. Maybe it was from all the books she read. She was a reader at heart, and she fell in love with a type of love that she didn't believe existed in her world. She lived in a world where loving someone caused pain. She lived in a world where love was dangerous. She lived in a world where you had to wait years to find love. In Evelyn's childhood imagination, she dreamt of a world without these sorts of perplexing world affairs. There was no sort of negative entity guarding Evelyn's life, and everyone was happy. She yearned for this type of world.

"No!" A loud shriek brought Eva away from her thoughts.

"But Lyraaaaaa," Sophie pleaded, dragging out the 'a'.

"No, No, No," Lyra shook her head.

"Why not!" Sophie pouted.

"Because I'm too busy," the black-haired girl protested. "And I rather be on the field practicing than to be at a party with drunk teenagers grinding on each other,"

"But-But-"

"No buts!" Eva listened in on the conversation in front of her.

"Why is Lyra screaming so early in the goddamn morning?" Eva spoke out for the first time that morning.

"Okay, so..." she breathed in deeply. "I want Lyra to go to this party with me and act as my spirit guardian to make sure I don't make bad decisions and in return, I'll find someone for her to hookup with,"

"That's tough," Eva grinned. "She will never do that, she's too busy with her quidditch matches,"

"Ughh..." she dropped her head in her hands. "Wait-"

"Eva! You're free and single," Sophie wiggled her eyebrows. Eva shook her head, already knowing what was going to happen.

"Soph, I don't know? i have this potions test i need to study for and-" Eva said hesitantly.

"Come on, please! It would mean a lot to me. I need to get drunk tonight," she pouted but Eva still looked unsure. She wouldn't mind going to the party, but she didn't know about the hookup part. It had been a week since Eva and James shared the kiss in the tower. The two hadn't spoken about it, in fact, they kinda ignored it, not on purpose, but Eva was too awkward to bring it up and James was too scared to bring it up. It wasn't completely awkward between the two, but the group noticed something was going on between them. Eva did not know what was going on between her and James, but Eva was still single. She and James weren't dating. They had nothing going on. And to her knowledge, he still had feelings for a certain redhead.

So hooking up with someone couldn't hurt, right? Right.

"Okay, fine," Eva agreed.

She squealed and clapped her hands together like an excited child getting a present.

♡ ♡ ♡

If Eva was being honest, she was nervous. Yes, she knew that there was nothing to be nervous about, but she couldn't help it. All houses were invited to this party, and she knew for a fact the marauders gang was gonna be there. The only thing calming her nerves was the fact that she was with Sofia. So she sat on her bed while Sofia was putting the last touches of her own makeup.

Eva's hair was in waves and Andromeda did this thing on them so that the ends would descend in a spiral, and the strands framed the front of her face. Gracie had done her makeup simple, coating her eyelids thinly with glimmering eyeshadow, a sweet blush to tint her cheeks, and her lips coated in a shiny, rosy pink lip gloss. Evelyn picked out her outfit. It was a satin ruched black mini dress. It had a small lacy trim around the edges, which was a stylish detail. It rested against her flattering silhouette.

"Okay, Soph, are you ready?" Eva beamed.

"Yeah, just let me put on my shoes," Soph rushed as she struggled to put on her shoes.

"Do you want me to escort you guys?" Lyra asked with a teasing smile.

"Nope. Absolutely not," Eva spat, putting up her hand to motion a "no," signal. "We don't need you to escort us like we're five,"

"Aww but you practically are," Lyra cooed.

"Rude," Eva scrunched up her face while Lyra stuck her tongue out.

"Do you think you guys are gonna show up later?" Sophie asked the rest of the girls ignoring the two girls.

"Yeah, I have something to do first, but I'll come later," Andromeda replied while looking through her trunk, looking for something.

"And I'll probably come with Andy," Gracie responded.

"I heard it's gonna be an absolute banger! You should definitely stop by, just for a couple of minutes," Sophia said to Lyra.

"I don't know maybe," Lyra uncertainly replied.

"You need to let loose and have fun a little Lyra!"

"I have fun," she said stubbornly.

"No you don't, all you do is study," Eva said, placing her hands on her hips.

"Which is a bad thing?"

"No!" Eva huffed. "You know what I mean," she pointed her finger at the girl.

"Whatever." Lyra rolled her eyes. " You guys should get going."

"Yeah, we should." Soph chimed in.

"Have fun! But not too much fun." Lyra wiggled her eyebrows.

♡ ♡ ♡

James Potter knew about the party Ravenclaw was hosting. He heard rumors of how absolutely sick it was gonna be, so naturally, he had to drag the gang there. It didn't take Sirius and Peter much convincing because they were already planning on going. However, Remus was a different story. Let's just say Remus was in one of his grumpy moods and had no desire to go out tonight, but with a lot of blood, sweat, tears, and lots of bribing, Remus finally agreed. So the gang made their way to the Ravenclaw Tower, about to have one of the best nights they'd had in a while.

♡ ♡ ♡

The pair of girls entered the Ravenclaw common room where the party was. Purple lights flickered around the room, illuminating Eva's face. The air was so thick with lights and smoke they could have been underwater, if not for the roar of the crowd and music that thrummed straight through the bodies surrounding you and into your eardrums. Sweat flicked up into the air with the start of every dance move, and wet hair bounced back down with its completion. Glasses were cold and sweating in the remaining evening heat. Pulsing bass thrumming in the air.

Eva made a line directly for the drinks. If there was one thing she knew, it was that she knew she wanted to get drunk. So she had a goal when she walked into the party. Get the drunkest she could get, and it almost worked. She forgot about mostly everything going on in her life except for something or rather someone. James fucking Potter. She danced crazily with the music blasting in the background, but he still occupied her mind. She still could feel the softness of his delicate lips on hers. She could still feel the way his hand was wrapped around the side of her neck while the other was drawing circles around her waist. The way she could still feel the warmth of his chest pressed against hers. She remembered all of it.

James Potter observed Evelyn's actions from the sidelines. He had seen her when she entered, making almost everyone's head turn with the tight black dress she was wearing. His jaw clenched when he saw her dancing with this random guy. The guy put his hands on her waist as he grinded his body closer to her. It could be the alcohol making James' thoughts hazy, but all he felt was pure fury. He wanted to punch the guy until he was on the floor, bleeding.

"Prongs, you okay?" Peter asked James breaking away James from his violent actions.

James looked away from Eva to meet the eyes of the shorter boy. "Yeah Pete, I'm good." He took a sip of his drink that was in his hand and focused his attention back on the blonde girl.

"You don't seem like you're good?" Pete replied, clearly confused. "Go dance or something. Don't stand there sulking," the boy said for the last time before he walked away. James tore his eyes away from the girl again to look at the boy who had just walked away. The boy was correct. He needed to stop standing in the corner looking like a weirdo. He looked back to the dance floor, trying to spot the girl, however, she was gone. Shit.

She was sweating. She stopped dancing, pulling herself away from some random guy to get some air in her lungs or to get another drink. It was hard to tell.

"Hey girl, having fun?" Sophia said behind her.

Eva jumped at the suddenness of the girl but quickly gathered back her thoughts. "Yes! I'm so into getting blackout drunk," the girl laughed.

"Great! I'm going somewhere with Evan," Sophia slurred. "So I don't need you to follow me," She wiggled her eyebrows clearly drunk however Eva was also too drunk to make responsible decisions, and knowing she'd probably end up doing the same thing if Evan Rosier came up to her, she didn't think twice. Eva fixed the girl's hair and hyped her up before telling her to go.

"Go get him, girl," Eva blew a kiss to Sophia who pretended to catch it in her hands and raised it to her chest before waving off and walking away with Evan.

"Good for her," Eva muttered under her breath before pouring herself another drink.

"Hey!" James Potter had finally worked up the courage to say hello to Eva.

"Hi, jay," Eva smiled. It was good to hear his voice.

"Uhm. It's kinda loud in here. Wanna go outside?" James shouted through the music.

Eva looked around before grinning and saying, "Sure."

So they walked out of the Ravenclaw Tower, which had drinks in both of their hands. Their eyes readjusted to the light, and they felt strange with a silence that had now echoed throughout the halls of the castle. They made their way outside, where the once eerie silence turned into otherworldly tranquility. They found the tree that they always go to, near the black lake, and sat down on the grass. Eva was too out of it to really worry about getting the dress dirty. She watched the moonlight reflect against the dark waters of the black lake.

"Tu es très belle," James Potter finally said, breaking the silence.

"Wait. Hold up. Is that French?" Eva asked.

"Yep,"

"How is that possible? You barely know English," she chuckled.

"Haha, you're hilarious," he said with rolled eyes.

"What did you say?"

"I said that you look pretty," James smiled.

Eva blushed hard. She always loved it when James complimented her. "Thank you," she said softly. James smiled at her, noticing the way her head docked down when she got flustered. It was adorable to him.

"How did you learn French?" She changed the subject.

"My mom. She loved how beautiful the language was, so when I was little, she put me in classes. I'm not hundred percent fluent, but I know some stuff,"

"That's so cool. Can you say something in French again?"

He looked into her eyes. Something erupted in his chest. A feeling of warmth spread around his body. His pupils dilated. "Je pense que je tombe amoureux de toi,"

"Let me guess. You said that I'm the smartest, most beautiful girl you've ever met," she joked.

He laughed. "Yeah, obviously," he shook his head.

She giggled while James looked at her with a smile. "Okay, but honestly, what did you say?" She brought her knees up to her chest, hugging it.

He looked at her and then turned back to the lake in front of him. "That I, James Potter, am the best quidditch player of all time," she raised her eyebrows.

"In your dreams, pretty boy." she said with a smile.

"It must be so cool to have something interesting about yourself," Eva started.

"What do you mean?" James stared at her. "You have a lot of interesting things about you."

"James, I'm the least interesting person,"

"You're the most interesting person I've ever met."

"I'm guessing you haven't met a lot of people." She smirked.

"Believe me, I have met a lot of people." He raised his eyebrows.

"God, James!" She rolled her eyes.

The teens went silent as he smiled at her. He watched her. He had memorized every curve of her. The way her hair fell against her shoulders in curls, which was weird because he'd only ever seen her with straight hair. He noticed the indent on her cheek and thought about how cute it was, having dimples. He noticed a slight scar on her temple, which he was probably going to ask about later. He noticed she was shaking. She was shivering.

"You're shivering." he stated the obvious.

"Oh. I guess."

"Here." He unbuttoned his shirt, leaving him with just a vest. He handed it to her.

"No. What if you get cold?" Eva played with her hair.

"Take it!" James shrugged his shoulders.

"Thanks." She said, flipping the shirt over her shoulder to put it on.

"It's not much. It probably won't keep you warm, but you know an extra layer," James avoided eye contact while he pulled at the grass on the ground.

She gave him a side smile which eventually turned into a bright, wide toothy smile that she had to bite her lip to hide it.

"Thank you, James," she said again, making sure he knew. She touched his arm sincerely.

"Don't worry about it," He finally looked up to meet her eyes.

He cleared his throat.

"Come on, let's go inside before you freeze," James spoke standing up. He offered his hand for her to take and she took it, not realizing that she never let go and neither did he. So when they walked back into the massive castle, that's how they did it. Hand in hand.

☾ ⋆*・゚:⋆*・゚:✧*⋆.*:・゚✧.: ⋆*・゚: .⋆ ☾

A/N: Wow... I'm genuinely so so sorry for taking so long with this chapter. I never realized how serious writer's block is but god I know now :( it was so hard writing this chapter especially because it took so long and nothing was really flowing. If I'm being honest I've written so much stuff and then deleted it because I felt that it was so bad and made no sense. Plus I'm still not happy about this chapter however I felt that I needed to post something. I'm sorry that this is a really shitty chapter. Anyway, I promise it will get better hopefully. Also DISCLAIMER I don't think James knowing French is canon but I thought it would've been cute so i added it however I don't know French so I kinda just used google translate so if it's wrong i am genuinely so sorry... okay bye now.

Love always emily <3

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

676K 23.1K 120
𝘪𝘯 𝘸𝘩𝘪𝘤𝘩 𝘵𝘸𝘰 𝘱𝘦𝘰𝘱𝘭𝘦 𝘩𝘢𝘷𝘦 𝘵𝘰 𝘬𝘦𝘦𝘱 𝘵𝘩𝘦𝘪𝘳 𝘳𝘦𝘭𝘢𝘵𝘪𝘰𝘯𝘴𝘩𝘪𝘱 𝘢 𝘴𝘦𝘤𝘳𝘦𝘵 𝘧𝘳𝘰𝘮 𝘦𝘷𝘦𝘳𝘺𝘰𝘯𝘦 𝘵𝘩𝘦𝘺 𝘬�...
4K 241 23
" in losing grip, in sinking ship, you showed up just in time " [james potter x female oc] [marauder's era]
6.1K 157 26
Oh, Ophelia Heaven help the fool who falls in love. ☆.。.:*・°☆.。.:*・°★.。.:*・°☆.。.:*・°☆. "Would you...like to hear a story?"