London's Call

By winterkonijn1

London has fallen to the Templars. Their rule has been so long that it has been more than a hundred years sin... More

Chapter 1: Meeting With Allies
Chapter 2: Mystery Twins
Chapter 3: The Search Begins
Chapter 4: The Ladies Scott
Chapter 5: Dinner with Sarah and Olivia
Chapter 6: Securing The Price
Chapter 8: Clara Scott
Chapter 9: The Kenway Mansion
Chapter 10: Going For It
Chapter 11: The Troubles Of The Mind
Chapter 12: Capturing The Mind
Chapter 13: Explaining The Past
Chapter 14: Coming Home
Chapter 15: The Council of London
Chapter 16: A New Foundation
Chapter 17: The Reemergence Of Maria
Chapter 18: Commitments
Chapter 19: Following Tradition
Chapter 20: Clara's Request
Chapter 21: Jenifer White
Chapter 22: Home
Chapter 23: The Last Play
Chapter 24: The Shroud
Chapter 25: Epilogue
After word

Chapter 7: The Past And Future

218 15 0
By winterkonijn1

Sarah Scott

Both women went into the Scott Residence. Evie looks pleased with how the mission ended. Even for Sarah, it was a pleasant night. All the time she and her sister have been in London they had to act like proper ladies and entrepreneurs. It was boring most of the time. Sarah would have loved to get into the field, but Starrick had eyes and ears everywhere.

"Want some tea?" Sarah asks as they put the chest in the hallway. Evie sighed a bit and eventually shakes her head.

"No, thank you. If you don't mind, I'd love to have a peak inside. After all the trouble, I need to know what's inside," Evie says with excitement.

Sarah already knew what is in the chest. She heard from Clara where it came from. It didn't take her long to connect the dots. Even so, she wasn't entirely sure what kind of answers Kenway's notes and notebooks would hold. Hopefully something useful.

"Well, don't mind me. I will put on a kettle while you nose your way through the treasure chest," Sarah says as she went to the kitchen. She heard the chest open and a few exciting sounds were coming from Evie. It made her smile. That girl is sweet and innocent, in a certain way.

"Sarah! It's filled with notes from Edward Kenway!" Evie says excitedly. Rapid footsteps came her way as she heard Evie walking. It seems she is already engrossed in a particular notebook. The design matches what her mother talked about. There must be some answers in there.

"Found anything interesting?" Sarah asked as she put the kettle on the fire. "I just started looking through it, but it talks about the Piece of Eden. This is it, Sarah! We'll be able to find it."

"Excellent news, dear Evie. However, the papers and notebook will not go anywhere. Shall we take a seat at the table? I believe you had a few questions for me," Sarah says as the kettle starts to whistle. Evie flushed a bit, nodding in response. It seems she forgot about the whole talk she wanted when she saw what they had taken.

"Right. Tea sounds wonderful after all," Evie says as she closes the book. She seems a bit more nervous than before. Her fingers are even absentmindedly fiddling with the notebook. Cute, Sarah thought.

"Tell me, what's on your mind," Sarah asks as she set the cups down. Evie takes a deep breath. "Well, you, most of the time. It's clear you're attracted to me, but I don't understand why. How does this even work?"

"It works like any other relationship, Evie. When I think of having a serious relationship it always is with a woman, not a man. What difference does it make which gender I love?"

"Uhm, you know... we... uh," Evie tries to say but seems only to become red and embarrassed.

"You mean how do two women have intercourse?"

Evie nods softly, drinking from her tea in the hope to hide her red face behind something. Or perhaps to distract herself a bit. What an innocent woman, Sarah thought happily.

"Well, I am by no means well versed in bed activities, but we are able to make love. Of course, we can't have children."

"Isn't that the whole point? Wouldn't you like to experience pregnancy, to have your own child?" Evie asks.

"I saw it with Olivia. I am not sure if I would enjoy the process. I have to admit, the large belly was quite funny to see. The pain at the end... I don't think I like to experience it, Evie."

"What...?!"

"Olivia was married young, but her husband died shortly after Clara was born. A gang fight, I believe, but her husband was not near her often. To be honest, I never knew what Olivia saw in the man. It wasn't a happy time for our family. I had to take care of both of them. Olivia wasn't in a good place mentally. Clara had to be taken care of too. We managed, luckily, and now here we are."

"Wait a moment... you don't mean Clara O'Dae?!" Evie asks shocked.

"The very same, although the surname is mainly for hiding purposes. Olivia didn't want her child to have her husband's name, so she wears the Scott name officially. I hope you don't think we neglect her, Evie. We give her anything she wants, but she is fiercely independent. Clara wants to take care of herself and help us in her own way. We respect her wishes, but we did ask that she regularly comes by. And we keep an eye on her too."

"I am a bit gobsmacked, Sarah... I like to ask one more question. Why me?"

"Oh, that's an easy one to answer. I am quite open in my opinion, Evie. You are very pretty. I mean, beautiful blue eyes, a face that I can look at for hours without getting bored. Not to mention that you have a mind I can love. I like your inquisitive nature in combination with your good heart. What is there not to love, dear Evie."

"Thank you..." Evie peeps out.

"Evie, I hope I am not pushing you... Well, I am, now that I think about it. I will hold myself back if that is what you wish. Think about what I have said and take it one step at a time. There is no need to rush. How about something to eat? It may help you think things through. I am not as good as Olivia, but I can certainly make something passable," Sarah says comfortingly.

"That's okay, I think I need some sleep if I am honest. My mind needs some rest to process everything I have heard," Evie says. "Of course, the guest room should be ready for use. Let me know if you need anything. Sleep well, Evie."

"Sleep well," Evie says as she trudged her way up the stairs.

Sarah chuckles as she sees the red face of Evie and is lost in her thoughts. If she didn't know any better, she was nearing her mental capacity to absorb new information. Sarah enjoyed Evie's expression and her attempts to hide the blushes.

After a half hour, she went to her own room to get some sleep. Olivia should be fine with Jacob. She does make a mental note to check up on Clara. Even if Clara likes her independence, her aunt misses the little troublemaker. Never mind, Olivia. She always misses the girl.

"He may have been a pirate, but he was an excellent leader of the Assassins. His notes are not very relevant, unfortunately. It is fascinating to see how he led the Brotherhood though," Sarah says as she read through the loose papers. The next day both women were going through the many notes and few notebooks. Everything was put on the dining table that was in the chest.

Evie didn't want to talk about the conversation they had yesterday evening. It was clear she needed time to think things through and Sarah would give her all the time she needed. This time she wanted things to work out. Unlike the affair, she had in Italy where she was left in the wind. Sarah saw it as a valuable lesson, just like the many other lessons she received from the other Brotherhood branches.

Evie was eager to go through the notes and notebooks. The moment she was awake she was already tempted to go straight to the chest, rip the lid open and sprawl everything out and read anything and everything. Sarah was almost laughing at Evie during breakfast. It was the only restraint Evie had, not embarrassing herself in front of Sarah.

"This notebook is it. Here, it talks about the Piece of Eden," Evie says and shows the pages to Sarah. "Can you see it? The directions?"

Sarah nodded as she saw the shimmering hidden message through the use of Eagle Vision. It was directions to the Kenway Mansion. The place she and Olivia wanted to get back from the Templars. It was wrongfully taken from their family. They wish to get it back, but they need evidence of some kind of 'crime'. Abberline could do something to help if he had the necessary evidence.

The opportunity never showed and the Scott sisters had hardly anything to work with. Therefore they decided to increase their influence first. Earn a reputation and funds to increase their opportunities. As they were about to think of a plan to take the manor, the Frye twins showed up. A blessing in disguise, the sisters thought.

"The Kenway Mansion. It won't be easy to get inside. Lucy Thorne made it her personal base of operations. A heavy presence of Blighters and Templars are present in and around the building," Sarah explains.

"That won't be a problem. We can get inside and find what we're looking for without them ever knowing," Evie says with confidence.

"Of course, I am sure we can find a way inside. There is something else. If we can plant various illegal substances in the building, we can make it look like the building was used for distribution. Abberline can remove ownership and Olivia and I can buy the manor back."

"That is an excellent idea. Jacob can probably obtain- back? What do you mean 'buy it back'?" Evie asks.

"Oh, you never figured it out? I am the granddaughter of Elizabeth Scott. The daughter of Edward Kenway. I grew up in the mansion. After my mother was murdered, the Templars swept in and took it over. It was the reason why Olivia and I went to France and Italy to complete our training," Sarah explained.

"They murdered your mother... I am so sorry, Sarah. That's awful," Evie says as she scoots closer to put a comforting hand on her shoulder.

"We had time to grieve. At least we managed to give her a proper burial. It helped us say goodbye. But thank you, Evie. I appreciate the words."

"Then let's get your home back shall we?" Evie says with a smile.

"Yes. Let's."

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

53.1K 1.5K 20
Assassin Creed Syndicate Female reader insert fanfic Based loosely on one of the missions within the game.
78.4K 3.2K 69
When your mother suddenly goes missing a month after your tenth birthday, the {Your Last Name} Household start to go down hill. You being the y...
40.5K 1.3K 20
Jacob Frye x Reader The year is 1868 and it starts as a good year for the actress Y/N but she is living a double life. On the stage she is a beautifu...
3.9K 102 11
It's been twenty years since Jacob, Evie and (Name) have freed London from the clutches of Starrick and his men. All has been quiet since then, until...