Double cross (Jim Hawkins x R...

By CedricDiggorysthot

Corrupted and menacing, this mission is like every other That Y/N has done. Cheat, steal, lie and threat. B... More

1. Suspicious
2. Plan
4. Chores, chores and more chores
5. Canteen
6. Guilt
7. In to deep
8. The truth
9. Bad at confrontations
10. Small universe
11. Redemption?
12. In another life
Epilogue

3. The same

821 24 5
By CedricDiggorysthot

The two hadn't spoke much in the hour apart from the start when Y/N had first came.

It wasn't necessarily an awkward silence, more like the two were just enjoying some peace and quiet despite the many 'exciting things' that had taken place earlier.
And they were doing it all within each other's presence, which was nice.

Until Jim decided to break it. "I didn't thank you earlier for- uh, y'know, so-"

Y/N stopped mopping, resting her hands upon it as she smiled softly back up at Jim.

Jim rubbed his neck bashfully, finally looking up to meet her eye.
"-thanks, for trying to help me out"

"Hey it's no problem" Y/N waved off, mopping again before stopping after two. "Do you get into trouble like that back on monstressor?"

Jim paused for a moment In bafflement before
realising that he had in fact mentioned he was from monstressor.
He choked at himself with a scoffs turning his attention back to mopping. "You have no idea"

Y/N oohed in amusement. "Please do tell" she grinned back at him.

"Well, I uh- almost got taken to juvenile haul"

Y/N face scrunched in slight shock. "What did you do?!"

"I flew my surfer into somewhere I shouldn't have been" he chuckled at himself in slight embarrassment.

"That's all? That's bad enough enough to be put in juvenile haul?"

"Well, it wasn't my first time"

"Ohh" Y/N nodded in understanding. It was silent again for a few moments.

"What about you, where're you from?"

"I'm... not from anywhere really. Me and Silver travel all over so we don't have a place we call home" Y/N explained, Jim nodded, growing more curious by the second. "But I love it actually, I can't imagine a better life"

"So, Is... Silver your dad?"

Y/N paused. "I'm really conflicted with how I should feel about that"

Jim chuckled with a playful eye roll. "Don't worry, you look nothing like him. that's why I'm asking"

Y/N gave him a disbelieving look, causing Jim to roll his eyes again.
Y/N giggled at his response.
"He adopted me" she tucked a piece of hair behind her ear awkwardly. It wasn't technically a lie, but she didn't want to make things awkward with the truth.

"So.. how long have you and him been, together?"
He was careful with his choice of words, he didn't want to be direct in case it was a soft spot.

"Uhh-"  Y/N thought for a moment, her eyes looking up, "since I was eight so about.. nine years?"

Jim hummed. "So you guys are pretty close then?"

Y/N grinned widely as she nodded. 

Morph, who had turned himself into a smaller mop, flew up from the ground in between Jim and Y/N. He turned back into his normal self, burping out bubbles.

Jim and Y/N both grinned at him, leaning their heads in the top of their mops.
"Well this has been a fun day! Huh?" Y/N asked morph who grinned widely.

"Yeah" Jim laughed, joining in. "Making new friends! Like that spider psycho" Jim added, wiggling his fingers at morph.

Morph turned himself into scroop. "Spider psycho! Spider psycho!"

"A little uglier" Y/N grinned, looking between morph and Jim.

Morph laughed maniacally, one eye bigger than the other.

"Pretty close" Jim nodded in approval.

"Well!"
The two turned to silver, he had just walked on deck, a pot filled with left overs from the stew he made.
"Thank heavens for little miracles, up here for an hour and the decks still in one piece"

"Well we're not helpless" Y/N rolled her eyes playfully, still resting on her mop. Jim had turned away, focusing on his mop again.

"Look, I uh-" he took a small breath in. "-What you did... thanks" he smiled genuinely.

Silver softly smiled back.
"Didn't ya pap ever teach ye to pick your fights a bit more carefully?"

Jim's gaze darkened, he turned away with the mop.

Silver and Y/N shared a glance, he nodded towards Jim in question but she just shrugged her shoulders in return with the shake of her head.

"Your father not the teaching sort?"

"No." Jim spat angrily, pausing with the mop. "He was more the, taking of off and never coming back, sort"

Y/N bit the inside of her cheek whilst looking to Silver. She had no idea on how to deal with these situations.

"Oh, sorry lad"

He  went to stand by Jim, both now leaning over the ledge.

"Hey, no big deal" Jim was quick to speak. "I'm doing just fine" but he didn't sound it. He looked glum.

"Is that so?" Silver replied, stroking his chin smugly. "Well! since the captain has put you in my charge.. like it or not, I'll be pounding a few skills into the thick head if yers-" he poked Jim's head as he spoke. "-to keep ye out of trouble!"

"What?!"

"From now in I'm not letting you out of me sight!"

"You can't do-"

" You won't so much as eat, sleep... or scratch your bum without my say-so!"
Silver banged his first over the ledge, Y/N raised her eyebrow from amusement as she watched the two.

"Don't do me any favours!"

"Oh, you can be sure of that my lad, You can be sure of that" Silver laughed, wrapping a hand around Jim and ot find his chest with the other.

"Now!" He pulled away, Dusting his hands together. "Off to bed, the both of ya" he orders, pointing down towards the cabin.

"What?! Now?" Y/N protested, walking in front of Jim to speak to Silver.
"What are we? Four?!"

Silver put his hands on his hips, towering over Y/N with a firm glare.
"Barnacles. First thing tomorrow mornin'" he announced.

Y/N groaned loudly, throwing her head in her hands and pretending to bang it against the ledge. Jim didn't look to happy either.

"Why me?" She pulled her head up to face silver, the gestured her hand towards Jim. "He's the one that needs sense knocked into him?!"

"Hey!" Jim protested, glaring at the back on Y/Ns head now.

"Ye both in me charge, ye both will be doing the same chores" Silver spoke firmly. He used his mechanical eye to give Y/N the look.

She understood what he was getting at but it didn't make her any happier. She stomped off, back to the cabin.

Jim watched after her, his own eyebrow raising.

"Don' worry she'll get over it." Silver waved her off as he saw the look on Jim's face. "Night owl she is" he winked. "And a tad dramatic" he added, keeping his eyes on her as she continued to throw a fit as she walked.
"Now off ye go, go on now shoo" he pushed Jim away to follow Y/N.

Jim mumbled under his breath, stuffing his hands in his pocket to follow after.

Y/N had stopped at the start of the stairs, she looked to Silver. Pissed.

Silver just grinned teasingly, mocking a sweet wave. "Sweet dreams!"

Jim caught up to Y/N now, standing behind as he to glared at Silver unhappily.
Y/N rolled her eyes  before making her way down, Jim following.

"Is he always like that?" Jim asked, jogging to run to her side.

"Sometimes" she sighed, opening the door to the cabin and letting Jim walk in first. "When he feels like being a dick"

Jim snickered lightly, making Y/N smile as well.

The two picked hammocks to sleep on, ones close by from each other so they could still talk openly, if they wanted to.

"Are barnacles really that hard to-"

"We'd be lucky if we die in our sleeps tonight" Y/N interrupted with a small yawn.

"It's that bad?"

"It's terrible"

———-

I know that these first two chapters are awkwarddddd I didn't really know what to make them say to each other.
I'm the future I may fix it up for something better.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

190K 4.4K 25
This is a Jim Hawkins x Reader. (Y/n), niece of Captain Amelia, joins Jim Hawkins on the voyage to treasure planet. After a while (Y/n) begins to re...
6.1K 121 20
"ᴬⁿᵈ ⁱᶠ ʷᵉ ᵐᵃᵏᵉ ⁱᵗ ᵒᵘᵗ ʰᵉʳᵉ ᵃˡⁱᵛᵉ ʷᵉ ᵃʳᵉ ᵍᵒⁱⁿᵍ ᵇᵃᶜᵏ ᵗᵒ ᵗʰᵉ ʷᵃʸˢ ᵗʰⁱⁿᵍˢ ʷᵉʳᵉ, ʷʰᵉʳᵉ ʸᵒᵘ ᵈⁱᵈⁿ'ᵗ ᵉᵛᵉⁿ ˡᵒᵒᵏ ᵃᵗ ᵐᵉ," ʸ/ⁿ ˢᵃⁱᵈ ᵃˢ ˢʰᵉ ᶠⁱʳᵐˡʸ ᵏⁿᵒᶜᵏᵉᵈ ᴶⁱᵐ ˢʰ...
104K 3.2K 26
You have been Jim's best friend ever since you can remember, ever since Jim's dad left and your mom died, you both have been a couple of troublemaker...
34.4K 850 12
Working as a cabin girl on the RLS Legacy with her friend and mentor John Silver, (Y/N) wants nothing more than to reach Treasure Planet. That is, un...