Buffalo '66

By littlefreakrry

At the prime age of eighteen, Josephine was aching for something new. Something thrilling. Something electrif... More

roll call
one | cute stockings
two | no more saying g-a-y
three | you 'right there buttercup?
four | I don't like beer either
five | mango
six | materials and men
eight | the five stages of being that bitch
nine | revenge is a sweet, sweet treat

seven | the finn thing

136 8 5
By littlefreakrry

Wednesday 23th June, 1999

"Mom! I'll be back. I'm just going to see Finn and Lou. Love you." I slam the front door shut behind me, pulling my Rolling Stones tote over my shoulder. I always have to hide it from my parents, ninety percent of the time it's tucked under my winter sweaters that sit at the top of my wardrobe. And the ten percent, I'm proudly carrying her in the basket of my bike.

Stuffed inside are my famous chicken sandwiches. One layer of cheddar cheese, three slices of bacon and seasoned chicken, a bunch of rocket, with garlic aioli thinly spread on sourdough bread.

I make it for Finn and I every time we eat lunch together.

And today is no different even if I have the lingering thought that he's cheating on me with my brother all thanks to what Harry said yesterday but before I come to any conclusions, everything is fine for the moment.

Well, at least that's what I keep telling myself. Everything's fine and I should trust my boyfriend and my brother. They wouldn't do something like that, especially knowing how much it would crush me and possibly make me go down a depressive spiral where I hate life and myself, never trusting any male in my life ever again but like i said, they would never do that.

Never.

I make the usual route to the church, my bike is still there from when I had to deliver religious propaganda pamphlets my Father had made for his church buddies. Everything from homophobia, sexism and subtle racism was jam packed in the small eight inch by eleven inch pamphlet.

Some days I really do hate being the only daughter of a Father like mine.

Unlucky for me, today is the day the heatwave starts and I can already feel it. What would usually be a quick sweat-less walk to the church has turned into looking like someone dumping a bucket of water over myself. At least that's how I feel. I know that sometimes you think you're sweating like a pig but in reality it's all in your head but I know for a fact I most likely should have doused myself in deodorant. Like a full body shower in it.

Only fifty more yards to go though. Hopefully on my bike ride, the wind will be useful in drying the sweat off my body.

God I feel icky. Fingers crossed my sandwiches are still okay.

"Josephine!" Someone calls out behind me. Wait, I know that British accent anywhere.

Turning my head, I see the man who I keep seeing sitting in his cute little Volkswagen. Still can't get over that that's his car. The black tinted sunglasses sit perfectly on the bridge of his nose, letting out a slither of his eyes behind the glasses. With an all familiar smirk spread across his lips, I knew he was up to something.

"Never beating the stalking allegations I see." I walk over to lean across the door, peering inside the well kept interior.

"No time for antics Josephine, I have a plan."

"A plan?"

Harry looked at me like I grew a dick from my forehead, he pushed his sunnies all the way up tucking his long hair behind the sunglass temples. His eyes were bright, full of mischievous contradicting his previous comment on 'no time for antics'.

"Yes, a plan. Now get your cute little ass in the car, we're on a time crunch." Harry leaned over the center console, reaching for the door handle making me pull away as he opened the passenger door.

"Harry, I don't have time for this, okay? I have to go get my bike and then I'm meeting Finn for lunch at his work." I pushed the passenger door back shut, turning my attention to the path and continuing on my route.

"For god sake princess." I hear his engine rev up again and soon enough, he's back at my side, slowly trailing me as I continue to pay him no mind. "Josephine, I'm going there as well. It's a part of the plan so if you get in the car..." Rolling my eyes, I stop and face him and his Volkswagen. "...I'll explain the rest of my well devised plan that I spent many minutes thinkin' up."

I seem to always find myself in this certain situation with Harry...

God I'm gonna regret this.

On the way to the boardwalk, Harry explained his 'well devised plan' to me. To say I was shocked was an understatement. He wanted to go down to Finn and Louis' work to try and 'catch 'em in the act' was his words.

He also said it was perfect timing that I was about to leave since Finn will think I'm coming later than I would actually get there since I was originally going to bike all the way there.

I do feel slightly guilty about going along with this plan. I don't know why, but I do conclude it to always having trust in my boyfriend and brother and now I'm going behind their backs to try and figure out if they are cheating together. If they are, I most definitely won't be feeling guilty but if I'm just being a paranoid schizo, then I most definitely will feel bad about assuming.

"Okay princess, time to get out." Harry stands against the passenger door holding it open for me.

"Harry, I don't know if I want to do this anymore. I'm probably just crazy and makin' it all up in my mind." I lean down to pick up my tote, swinging it over my shoulder while keeping my hand on the handle. Looking up at him, his hair is pulled over his shoulder, dangling wildly. The only thing keeping the locks slightly tamed are the sunglasses on top of his head.

"Well if you think you're going nuts, then I must be as well. Cause I have a hunch I'm right." He steps away still keeping his hand resting on the top of the car door but now leaving me room to get out.

As soon as I step out of his car, the sun beams down on my eyes making them scrunch up so I can see.

Seeing my dilemma, Harry takes off his own glass making his curls slightly move around from the gentle summer breeze. He leans down to my height and places the glasses over my eyes, shielding them now from the blaring sun. Harry looks over my face and settles his own with a grin and a small nod.

"Whatever," I roll my eyes, "You stay here though, the shop's just over there." I point to our left making Harry ditch his stare from my face over to the small shack amongst the many others that line the boardwalk. "And if I come back on the verge of a mental breakdown, you'll know you were right. Just don't say I told you so because I will be fragile at that time."

Harry seems to mull over my words, looking to disagree with my wishes but to my surprise, he just lets out a deep sigh and nod's his head to the left. The roll of the eyes doesn't go unnoticed but that's just Harry.

My small journey, about twenty yards, to the surf shop is all the time I have to take a deep, deep breath in. I tell myself that I'm just being paranoid and that there's surely a perfectly reasonable explanation for my brother and boyfriend to be meeting up in the dead of the night.

Once I reach the back door where I usually slip through to meet Finn on his break, I decide against knocking and just ripping off the Band-Aid. I want to take them both by surprise so they don't have enough time to come up with a lie if they were thinking of doing so.

And with that, my sweaty palms presses against the dodgy door handle and I twist. The old shack door creaks but that's not what makes the most noise. No it's... what the fuck– is that moaning.

"Fuck– FUCK JOSIE!" My brother moans which then turns into an ear wrenching scream.

The same brother that is bent across the bench where they wax the surfboards, the same bench Finn has pushed me against during one of our crazy heated makeout sessions. And behind him, my boyfriend. The same boyfriend whose hands grip the edges of my brother's naked hips.

Oh my Lucifer.

"Josie. Fuck fuck fuck." Finn pulls his hands away from my brother, bending down to pick up his probably forgotten pants from the old wooden floors. I hear his belt buckle being fastened but I don't stay long enough to see whether he was successful in doing them up.

Don't cry. Don't cry.

"Josie, baby wait. Just wait." I feel a hand collide with my shoulder, halting me in my peaceful steps.

"Don't you dare fucking touch me." I jerk out of his hold, crossing my arms trying to hold back any emotion that might slip out right now. I just caught those same hands touching my brother just like how he's touched me before. That touch that used to feel comforting and intimate but now feels as if it burns my skin.

"Baby-"

"That's fucking Josephine to you. You do not deserve to call me anything but that after what I just saw. I can not fucking believe my own eyes really." Laughter pours from my lips but humor is nowhere evident.

Is it a coping mechanism to stop me from bursting out into tears? Yes and it's working.

"Josephine, I don't even know what to say. Just... fuck– let me explain please?" His eyes plead with mine but I don't give a shit if he's even remotely upset right now. No, I'm pissed.

I honestly thought I would be more upset but I'm just angry.

He looks like a fucking fish, His mouth opening and closing like a stupid fish.

I hate seafood.

"I don't need an explanation. You were balls deep in my brother. There, a simple explanation. I would ask for some further details like how it all happened but just looking at your face right now makes me want to barf so how about you go back in there and finish the job." I spin around trying to leave again but the dipshit grabs onto my bag this time. At least he listened when I said not to touch me.

"Josie-" I cock my brow, a deep frown set on my lips. "Josephine, it's not like that."

"So I'm other as blind as a bat or your were balls deep in my brother. One or the other." I rip the tote handle out of his grip and bring it between my crossed arms, taking a step back from when he moved closer to grab it.

I'm gonna need to wash this bag now.

"Well, ah fuck, okay yes I was. But there's more to it." He still looks so lost, his eyes even look a bit misty. The fucker doesn't deserve to cry right now.

"What? Your hand was wrapped around his dick too? I'm fairly certain I saw you gripping him with both hands like a kid with a candy bar before, not letting go."

"God would you just let me talk please." And now he's annoyed. Join the mother fucking club dickbag.

"No I actually won't. But I will get back to you in five to ten business days when you finally find the words to tell me what exactly has been going on rather than digging a bigger whole for yourself." Third times a charm. I turn around and walk. This time, he doesn't try to hold me back, letting me leave in peace finally.

From where I'm facing, I can see Harry standing against his car looking like he could kill. The deep scowl on his face mixing with the look of murder blends perfectly to showcase how pissed he is.

"That mother fucker. Wait til I get my hands on that little shit, I'll break every-"

"Can we just please go, Harry?" I look up at him through the tanned lens of his sunglasses, they work perfectly to shield the wetness of my eyes.

Harry seems to go through a back and forth with the devil and angel on his shoulders that whisper in his ear what he should do. Though the angel seems to win. "Course princess, hop in." He opens the door for me, allowing me to place my tote back at the floor of his car and slide onto the leather seating.

He flips his keys in between his fingers as he walks around the side of his car, hoping in himself and placing the keys into the ignition. "Where to, princess?"

"Anywhere, just anywhere but here please."

And that's how we ended up at Barbie's dreamhouse, where she was going off on a heavy rant about how she's gonna tie up Finn and Lou, cut off their dicks and balls, blend them in a blender and then drink it if they like each other's dicks so much. I had never seen such rage come out of a five foot five blonde girl before. Her standing in a Care bears crop tee and pink booty shorts with rhinestones on the back spelling 'juicy' with a small heart on the end really is making it hard for me to not crack a small smile.

"If I ever see those two out, they're gonna wish they cut off their own dicks. I'm gonna stuff them down each one of their throats til they're gaggin' like they probably do already-"

"Roxanne. That's enough." Harry cut's Barbie's descriptive threats off. She stops her pacing and looks at him in disbelief until her eyes then skim to me where I'm cuddled up on her bed with a Hello Kitty teddy crushed in between my grasp. I squeezed the small thing, I'm surprised the stuffing hasn't exploded out yet.

"Oh darlin' I'm sorry. I didn't mean to be so graphic. Um... I'm just really mad and it takes a lot for me to get this angry. Let me give you cuddles." I happily except, the sweet scent of her perfume filling my sniffly sense. Barbie just brushed back my ragged hair from my face as I cry into her chest, basically using her boobs as a pillow for my head. "Get it all out for me, just like that, sweets." Her calming voice helps settle me slightly.

"I feel so stupid." I squish my face deeper into her cleavage as a small sniffle leaves my nose. "Like how didn't I see it ya know? Surely there was some kind of sign that somethin' was up. God I feel dumb and sad, and those a two things I hate feeling. Stupid fucking men always making me cry like a dumb baby." Barbie just quietly soothes me while continuing to brush through my hair, getting out all the knots from when I was gripping and pulling on it as I explained what happened when Harry and I got back to her place.

"You are not stupid, okay? And yeah, you might feel sad now but soon you'll feel angry, then you'll probably punch something or break something all to then come out of this as the badest bitch that has ever lived on planet earth. Ya hear me?" Barbie's chest vibrates as she talks.

"I suppose."

"Now we can either sit here and cry or we can have a slumber party and call over some of the girls, maybe even Niall cause I know he loves a good sleepover. We can paint each other's nails, put some hot rollers in our hair and listen to Destiny's Child. How does that sound?"

I pull away from my comfy spot on her boobs, noticing a small wet patch on her baby tee from my crying. "I guess that sounds alright." Barbie gives me a warm, soothing hug, like a warm shower on a winter's night.

"That's my girl. Harry," The man just looks up from his hands, seemingly having been fiddling with his rings like I've noticed he does a lot. "You call up the gang and go get some snacks for my girl here, maybe some booze as well, see where the night goes. Ya hear?"

Harry looks over at my pathetic figure that's still crushed in Barbie's embrace, he bits his lip and looks deeply into my tear soaked eyes. He gives a small nod, not leaving my stare and stands up. Fumbling for his keys, he grabs them and spins them on his finger, reaching the door and looking back one last time. A small smile lifts his lips while his sight holds my own and soon, the door shuts and we hear the front food slam closed.

"Let's get you in the shower and out of these, no offense, sweating clothes sweets."

I know I look terrible Barbie, no need to blatantly point it out.

"Towels in the bottom left cupboard Josie." She calls out from her bedroom and I close her ensuite door, leaving me to my own mind in the quiet, lonely room. I don't like the silence one bit.

"Hey Barbie," I poke my head out the door, having stripped out of my clothes and wrapping a towel around my naked self. Barbie looks up at me, I do notice how her gaze quickly skims my towel cladded body but quickly it's back on my face. "You mind sitting in here and talking to me while I shower. It's just really quiet and I hate the silence."

Barbie stands up and when she reaches the door, a reassuring smile graces her lips. "Of course Sweets, anything for you."

★★★

"So what movie do we want to watch? I have Ace Ventura: Pet Detective, Drop Dead Fred, Ghost... oh well except that does make Harry cry every time-"

"Fuck off." Harry projectiles a stuffed flower pillow across the bed, hitting smack bam in Barbie's face. "I don't cry, okay? There's just always dust or some shit that fucks with my sinuses and my eyes get watery from it." A small pout takes over the usually casual smirk Harry adorns, his arms moving out to grab hold of all the different DVD's Barbie has spread out on her hot pink fuzzy blanket.

"You're only lying to yourself at this point, crying's manly. Don't you reckon Sweets?" Barbie continues to shuffle through her lap full of DVD's, flipping them over to read the back of each one.

"Uh sure, yeah I think a true man is one that can express their feelings and be vulnerable." I shrug. That's what I always liked about Finn, if he was upset, he would cry on my shoulder and I would keep my hand close to his face with a tissue in hand if he needed to blow his nose. He was always a messy crier.

"See Harry, Sweets agrees so maybe we should put on a good chick flick so you can have your monthly cry out. I think I last pencilled one in on the..."She stretches out her palm, bringing one finger down at a time as she seemingly counts out which day last month he cried on. "Ah the twentieth, yes so you are definitely overdue. This is how I usually get when I'm late for my period, all grumpy and that. Just like you grumpy bear. Actually no, more like grumpy from Snow White."

"I'll hit you with a pillow again, might even cut of Penelope's head if you really start grindin' my gears."

Barbie lets out a loud gasp, her hand coming up to cover her agape mouth.

"You wouldn't touch her." She squints her eyes into slits, staring him down in some sort of duel of who will look away first.

"But I most definitely will. Try me."

Two minutes, two silent minutes pass and yet neither has cracked. I just sit in between the two, my head going back and forth as if I was at a tennis match. Do I say something? Should I just let them stare it out.

I let out a small cough and yet neither of them break away from their staring contest.

Think Josephine, what can I say that will snap one of them out of this?

"Hey Harry," I switch my full attention to his face, which still doesn't look at my own, his sights set only for Barbie, "Fill me up?"

Bingo.

Harry's eyes vastly break away from Barbie's and they go wide set as he again gives me that look like I have a dick on my forehead.

"What?" He chokes out the word barely, his gaze jumping from one spot on my face to another while his mouth opened and closed like a dumb goldfish. I pushed out my now empty cup that was resting in my lap towards him, letting him know what I meant.

Were my choice of words a sexual inuendo?

Maybe but they worked, didn't they?

"Uh oh ah yeah, 'course." It's like he didn't know what to do or say. Quickly hopping off the bed and scurrying over to Barbie's humongous stash of liquor and mixers, he grabs me a new cup having forgotten to grab the one in my hand as he fled from the bed. "Was that another marg on the rocks?"

"Yes please." I give him a pleased grin, though my attention turns to the blonde next to me who had jumped up as well. "Where ya goin' Barbie?"

"The gangs here, just going down to let them in." Barbie slips her perfectly manicured feet into her version of slippers which included a small heel and some fluffy shit on the front. I could hear the clipping of the heels as she walked down her corridor and then the clanky as she went down the stairs.

"Your marg on the rocks Josephine. I still can't get over the amount of tequila you have in your drinks, like you're the size of a twelve year old pre teen yet you drink like the fucking Irisih. Would even give Niall a run for his pot of gold." Harry sits back down as he passes me my perfectly presented drink, a small lime sitting on one side of the salt covered rim.

"I'm five ten dipshit, not four eleven." I murmur over the top of my drink.

"Could have fooled me." A smirk takes over as he drinks his red solo cup.

I just roll my eyes and bring back my attention to my very yummy drink, the man might be a bit of a dick but god can he make a good drink. When I had gotten out of the shower, Harry had set up a little miniature bar off the corner of Barbie's room, right next to her plush window seat. So the first thing, before I even sat down, a drink was pushed into my hand and I downed the whole thing. I really needed that drink. And since then, I've had like four, counting that first one.

"You call, we answer. The hotness hotline, always at your service." Niall bursts through the bedroom door with an arm full of paper grocery bags, multiple things sticking out the top showing just how full each one is. He walks around the bed and gives Harry a nod while bending down to set the bags on the floor.

I peek over to try and get a better look at what's inside but my attention is quickly stolen by a set of arms wrapping fully around my body. The sweet scent of creamy coconut and fig fills my senses, a warm and soft smell feeling like another hug. Those full arms give me another squeeze from behind just before they let go. My head turns to see Jules giving me a cheesy grin.

"Hey babe, you look cute as ever. I've missed you, when Harry called up and said to come over and told us you were here, I immediately said yes. You need to come out with us more." Jules leaves a comforting hand on the skin of my knee, giving it a few small squeezes here and there.

"I've missed you too. I thought Barbie called you guys?" Seriously, I did. Harry can be nice but it honestly seems like something Barbie would do. And the name 'hotness hotline', well I just couldn't see that coming out of his mouth, definitely Niall's though.

"Oh no, that was all Harry. He called up our home phone sounding like he just ran a marathon sayin' we needed to come over as soon as we could because you were upset and then he went on about the whole um-Finn thing, yeah but I think he then called Niall but I'm not too sure what he said to him but I guess he must have put him on food duty or whatever is in those bags."

"Huh." I didn't get to speak to Jules any longer as Niall came barrelling over to the bed where he flopped down and took me with him, cuddling me up in his arms and telling me repeatedly that I'm quote 'the baddest bitch out with good tits and a pretty face'.

Men and their words.

"Okay okay, everyone listen," Harry calls out as he stands at the end of the bed, his hands on his hips like a mom trying to get all her children in line, "Niall brought us some facemasks and nail polish so we can do mani pedis while we watch a movie. Either in here and we squish up in her bed or down in Barbie's living room since it's so big and we might actually have some breathing room."

"I don't like breathing anyways so I say we squish." Niall perks up from his spot in my neck, he's a very cuddly guy. Not that I'm opposed to it, the hugs do make me feel a bit better.

"I'll just lay on top of Jules like I usually do." Zayn says from his corner he's taken up in Barbie's room, sitting on one of the bean bags she has with a bag of Doritos in his hand. Her room is too massive for her tiny self, it's like three normal bedrooms combined.

"My bed is a super king so I don't think it will be that bad, you can cuddle up with Niall if there isn't enough room for your big ass." Grinning to herself, Barbie looks over her shoulder from where she's been digging around in Niall's grocery bags.  "I think we should let Sweets decide though." Barbie's eyes look over to me in question.

"I seriously hate making group decisions, don't make me Barbie."

"All in my bed or downstairs, easy decision. We can make the men do all the carrying." Barbie comes over to sit on the edge of her bed, giving my calf a small rub.

"Very feminist of you Roxy." Harry stands still with his hands on his hips, an eyebrow perking up at Barbie's previous statement.

"Shut it Hairy." And they are back at it.

"No more staring contests, okay? I ah- choose the squish option. I can snuggle with you Barbie?" I lift up out of Niall's grip barely, that man did not want to let go.

"With Barbie-"

"Coarse you can Sweets." Barbie cuts Harry off.

"It's settled then, slumber party in Roxy's room. Harry would you be a darl' and grab me those face masks in the bag, the one to the left." Niall finally sits up as well, resting comfortably against the enormous amount of pillows that are decorated on Barbie's bed.

"I think we should watch Titanic."

"No, let's watch something scary like The Candy Man."

"Jules, nobody likes your gory horror movies. I'm with Zayn on watching a chick flick."

"How about we get Sweets to choose?"

"Barbie! Nooooo!."

After playing rock, paper, scissors, Harry got to choose the movie which was surprisingly Beetlejuice. I would have pinned him as an action man or even a good thriller but no, a musical. I could see him humming along to the songs, even singing at some points.

We all snuggled up together after getting all the snacks and refreshments sorted. Each one of us had a facemask on and we took turns painting each other's nails. Harry refused to, saying he was bad at doing it but I think he just didn't want to miss any parts of the movie.

Along the bed, it went Jules and Zayn, like he said,  Zayn was practically laying on top of her. Niall was next to them and Barbie was to the right of him, I was squished in between Barbie and Harry.

I was cuddled up to Barbie's side, she kept stroking my hair during the whole movie and Harry... well he just kept to himself.

"You know, we kinda all look like the start of an orgy. Like a slumber orgy." Niall's eyes light up as he comes up with the name. Looking over at each one of us for approval of his thoughts.

"Niall, that's just wishful thinkin' mate if I've ever heard it." Zayn murmurs from his spot in between Jules' boobs.

"I didn't mean it literally," He whines, "Unless..." Niall's eyebrows raise repeatedly like the perv he is.

"Niall, I am a very heavy lesbian and I really don't want to see any dicks that aren't strap-ons attached to women." Barbie quips back, "Also, you may be a flirt, but you are the straightest man I have ever met. Never even kissed a guy. How could you know if you haven't tried it?"

"No guy has ever wanted to kiss me." With pouty lips, Niall looks over at the only two men in the room.

"Harry'll kiss ya if you ask nicely, he's such a whore for a good makeout." Jules giggles while stroking Zayn's hair out of his face. Well the only parts of his face that aren't smooshed in her tits right now.

"Sure mate but that's it, I don't know where your mouth's been." Harry shrugs while moving to the end of the bed where he gestures for Niall to join him.

"Oh my god, someone get the popcorn. This is gonna be so good." We all sit up and give the two boys our full attention, Niall slightly shrinks at the notice of our eyes on him. I guess for your first kiss with a guy, with anyone, having an audience can be quite intimidating.

"Niall, we can give you guys some pri-" I get cut off by Harry's annoying ass voice.

"No stay, I think Niall here secretly likes all the attention."

I redirect my attention to the blonde boy trying to sense any worry or nervousness but Harry's words seem to have done something because next minute, Niall's grabbing his face and smashing his lips against Harry's.

Holy shit.

Harry seems taken back but quickly recovers, his hands going to grip Niall's hips as the blonde shuffles onto his knees to get some height in the kiss. Harry's about a head and a bit taller than his friend meaning he automatically has the upper hand in the kiss.

I feel slightly like a perv watching the two kiss but I can't seem to look away. My breathing picks up as their kiss becomes more heated and turns into a full on makeout sesh.

"I don't even like boys and I find this hot." Barbie whispers into my ear, her hand coming to smooth over mine that had seemed to be death dripping my thigh. She unwraps my hand from my thigh and locks our hands together, giving it a small squeeze and setting it in her lap. Barbie looks over at me and smiles, though, her eyes do drop down from my gaze and seem to zone out.

Looking back at the boys, they seem to be coming down from their heavy makeout. Harry smacks his lips together where they then turn down in a 'no too bad' expression. Niall just looks stunned, his mouth agape and his eyes looking wide as if he can't believe what just happened.

"Well I'll give it to you mate, you can definitely kiss. You could have added more tongue if you wanted to but overall, ninety-eight out of a hundred." Harry smacks Niall on the shoulder and then jumps up from his spot on the bed and gracefully makes his way over to the makeshift bar.

This seems to grab Niall's attention as he quickly looks up at Harry and his mouth drops. "What? A ninety-eight out of a hundred? I was use'n all my moves, even the secret ones, all for a fuckin' ninety-eight out of a hundred? Mate, you should re-evaluate your score." His arms cross over as a scowl plaster on his face, in the direction of Harry.

"Nup, not gonna happen. Once I score you, that's it." Harry chuckles while shaking his head at his overly-expressive friend, one who still seems irritated by his 'score'.

"Do you score everyone you make out with?" I ask, my curiosity getting the better of me.

"Why? Do you want one?"

"Oh wipe that smirk off your douchebag face, I was just wondering. Dickhead." I mutter the last bit under my breath but obviously not well enough because Harry looks even more proud of getting under my skin. He downs his drink that he literally just made and walks over so he's standing right next to where I am on the bed.

"What was that last part?"  He lifts his right eyebrow in question, that smirk I told him to get rid of just growing bigger every second that he stands towering over me. I guess he's trying to intimidate me but after today, I really couldn't give two shits.

"Oh the part where I called you a dickhead?"

The cockiness doesn't leave his face, his tongue runs on the inside of his cheek as he still continues to smirk. "Yep, that part."

Harry's still so close to me and after seeing him act in such an intimate thing, well my brain can't help but go on a tangent of what could have.

What if I met him before Finn?

What if I let him kiss me and hold me like he did Niall?

What if I just leaned in right now?

"Okay, now let's play a game." Everybody equally groans at Barbie's suggestion.

"What? Guys, come on. A fun little game to end the night."

"Roxy," Zayn pipes up from his spot still in between Jules' boobs, "It's never just a little game with you. Remember how Niall ended up on the neighbor's roof and had to sleep on it cause he was stuck. And that one time where I had to get a practically branded on my ass with your email name. I have 'FOXY ROXY' permanently tattooed on my ass forever."

"Oh go cry about it, I just make things interesting. Without me, you guys would eb playing some old people shit like bingo."

"Hey, don't diss bingo. Me and Marg play every Sunday down at the over fifties place." Niall adds.

"Just one round okay? No harm in one round."

Well, no harm was a polite way to say it.

Jules ended up having a bleached stripe in her hair. Zayn was told to go steal the neighbor's garden gnomes, Henry and Ken are both sitting on Barbie's makeshift bar. Niall again got stuck on another neighbor's roof so we ended up throwing some blankets and a pillow up, we'll go see how he is in the morning. Harry had to prank call my Father and pretend to be a sex hotline, my Father doesn't really know how to use a phone so he was stuck on the call for two minutes, two whole minutes of Harry putting on a seductive voice and describing some very vulgar this that I wont repeat. And myself, all I had to do was kiss Barbie which was an easy task.

When I had said yes to doing so, Barbie got all giddy and was ordering me to get comfortable. Luckily I followed her orders as I'm pretty sure she kissed me for a solid ten minutes. We would come up for air here and there but whenever I would go to fully pull away, she said the kiss wasn't complete and needed just a bit longer. I guess in her mind, a bit longer, means five more minutes.

It was a good kiss, no too much tongue but not too little, just the right amount. God, I sound like the Goldie Locks of kissing.

"Psst." My eyes flutter open at the irritating sound, must be a fly or something.

After we gave Niall his blanket and pillow, we all decided to hit the hay and call it a day. And so we bunch into Barbie's bed, now having more room since we lost a soldier to the roof. Zayn and Jules stayed in their previous spot while Barbie occupied the middle and I was cuddled up to her, Harry was then left with the only other spot which was next to me.

"Psst." That damn fly.

"Josephine." I didn't know flies could talk.

Maybe I'm still dreaming?

I feel a hand grasp my shoulder, slightly shaking it.

Okay, now I know flies aren't that strong.

"Women, wake up." A grumbly British accent whispers harshly. Harry.

"What is it dude? I'm sleepin' can't you see?" I open my eyes to see him glaring at me. What the fuck did I do? Maybe I kicked him in his sleep.

"Stop cuddling' me okay, it's weird. Go cuddle Barbie." This brings my attention to the little hold I have on his bicep, the one littered with tattoos.

"You really woke me up because I was holding onto your arm?" I let go of his arm like he asked and shuffle back so I can see him better. The moon light from Barbie's window reflects on one of her many mirrors, illuminating Harry's face which looks rather pretty in this lighting.

"Yes." He gave me an incredulous look.

"Well so-rry." I drag out the word, turning away from the grumpy British man and cuddling up into Barbie like I was originally when I first fell asleep. She happily accepts my cuddles, moving slightly so her left arm wraps around my side while pulling me in closer. My head rests comfortably in the crook of her neck and from there, I fall back into slumber.

When I wake up again for the second time tonight, it isn't the fake fly buzzing noise from Harry but instead something else from him.

He's cuddling me.

Harry's practically spooning me from behind, his right arm joining Barbie's around my waist where he squeezes me back into him. Mirroring my own, Harry's head rests in my neck where I can feel every deep breath he takes in and then later breaths out.

Coming from Mr. Stop cuddling me, he sure does like to get up close and personal when he sleeps.

Now I could be a bitch and wake him up just like he did, give him a little taste of his own medicine. Or... I could be the bigger person and pretend like he isn't pressed up against my back like he is, where I can feel his tummy touching the small section of skin that my now lifted up shirt leaves vulnerable to the touch.

As I let the small angel and devil battle it out, the overall winner for tonight seems to be the angel. Only coming first by a small fraction, though she wins.

And so with that, I snuggle my face back into Barbie's warm neck where I doze off for the third time tonight.

★★★

I guess our boy H was right. Who would have thought?

Don't know whether I like this chap or not but here she is, give her some love even if she could be better.

VOTE AND COMMENT

Xoxo Em

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

3.2M 37.1K 53
Emma Starr; an 18 year old girl who often finds herself being sassy, hilarious, sarcastic, and saying things that tend to make her seem a lot cooler...
55.4K 2.1K 56
Larry Stylinson Fanfiction. [AU]. Harry Styles is an eighteen-year-old student in the Congleton High School who just came out of the closet. He has...
59.9K 1K 24
17 year old Kaylee is faced with major problems after her friend leaves nothing seems to be going right. Problem after problem appers, then she bumps...
446 44 16
Harry styles is a student at a school in his home town he isn't well behaved until new student louis tomlinson joins and has a impact on harry. Harry...