Almost Out of Time

By jazminemh

A young girl named Nicole was raised human and then one day she runs into Chase, a werewolf...who also happen... More

Almost Out of Time
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28

Chapter 20

883 40 10
By jazminemh

Chapter 20

Chase

            I walked to Hannah’s room quickly, after the recent encounter with Nicole I was nervous. Being so close to her became more and more difficult with each passing second. I was glad when Luna backed down from the urges and I was able to think clearly. Kale wanted to force her back and go for it. I, of course, knew what it would mean for her. It was a big step and she needed her mind to be in a good state.

            I tapped on Hannah’s door quietly.

            “Come in,” she called. I walked in and her head was bent over some magazine that I didn’t recognize. “Chase? What do you need? Is she awake? Can I talk to her?” She was getting more and more excited with each question, a grin finally making its way onto her face.

            “She’s in the shower, I need clothes for her,” I shrugged. “You can talk to her after I get some food into her system, alright?”

            She nodded and climbed off of her giant pink and black bed. “I have some clothes that might fit her. They’re too small for me, so I’m guessing they’ll be almost the perfect size. She’s shorter and skinnier than me so…anyway here you go,” she handed me an outfit; complete with underclothes, which I completely disapproved of, I was only happy that they wouldn’t be seen by anyone else. “You don’t have any…more comfortable underclothes she could wear, do you?”

            Hannah lifted an eyebrow at me. “I thought you’d be happy with those. They’re very sexy, and they match. Besides you’ll be the only one to see them.”

            I sighed and stuffed the underclothes under the black shirt, I really didn’t want anyone seeing me carrying girl’s underclothes around the house…talk about a weird conversation. I turned but before I could go Hannah stopped me.

            “Don’t forget to let me know when she’s eating so I can talk to her,” she said before allowing me to leave her room.

            When I got back to my room Nicole was still in the shower. I tapped on the door so she would hear me.

            “Chase?” she asked.

            “Yeah,” I nodded, despite the fact that I couldn’t hear her.    

            “Come on in,” she said, her voice light.

            I stepped into the steamy bathroom and gently set the clothes on the counter beside the sink. I reached into the little cupboard I have and brought out a towel.

            The shower shut off just as I was reaching to put down the towel.

            “Chase?” Nicole asked, hesitantly. “Are you still in here?”

            “Uh, yeah,” I said. “Do you want me to pass you the towel?”

            “Please,” she breathed sticking her pink arm out from behind the white shower curtain.

            I placed the big fluffy towel in her hand, just barely brushing it with mine. “I’ll be in the bedroom.”

            “Alright, I’ll be out in a second,” she replied.

            I opened the door and stepped out. When the door was closed again I threw myself back on my bed, annoyed. I was such an idiot. Why was I so nervous around her all the time?

            “Because you love her,” Kale replied to my inner monologue.

            I sighed and put my arm over my eyes. After a while she finally walked out of the bathroom, making me sit up. She had on a black tank-top that fit perfectly to her small, seductive, curves. Her pants were skinny blue jeans that didn’t fail to complement her. I felt my mouth fall open as I took in her outfit. A slight blush colored her cheeks as her eyes shot to the floor.

            “I know, I look silly, but these are Hannah’s clothes,” she shrugged, embarrassed.

            I stood up and walked to her, wrapping my arms around her thin waist. “You don’t look silly. What do you mean about them being Hannah’s clothes? Do you want me to go get you something of your own?”

            She shook her head. “I’m fine, it’s just…I look like a four year old playing dress up, especially compared to how Hannah would look in these clothes. Hell I bet she barely even fits in these. Face it I have no body.”

            I rolled my eyes. “Oh you have a body; I know that because I’m feeling it right now. And you’re right, Hannah can’t fit in these, but that’s because she bought them forever ago and she’s definitely gained some curves…and I am very unhappy about that, believe me.”

            “Why?” she asked peering up at me.

            “She’s my sister. Do you really think I want guys looking at her in that way?” I asked raising an eyebrow.

            She nodded. “Okay, I see your point. But what do you think about me?” she asked boldly.

            I sucked in my bottom lip for a moment before leaning to whisper in her ear. “I think you are the most beautiful woman I have ever laid my eyes on.”

            “You’re not lying for my benefit, are you?” she asked raising her eyebrow.

            I kissed her cheek. “I would never lie to you, especially not about your looks.”

            She wrapped her slender arms around my neck and pulled me down for a passionate, loving kiss that made my heart go into overdrive.

            “Guys!” A voice at my door groaned. “What happened to getting food?!”

            “Hannah, must you interrupt at such important times?” I asked turning towards her.

            “Yes, I must interrupt,” she rolled her eyes. “Come on! Oh my gosh, Nicole you look so freaking hot! I’m not gay but I might turn to do your ass. I’m totally joking, by the way.” She ran over and grabbed Nicole’s arm tugging her away. Nicole gave me a worried look as she passed me.

            I followed behind as Hannah went on talking about everything that Nicole hadn’t heard or whatever. Finally, when we were downstairs and Nicole was eating, she got to the touchy subject.

            “So how are you about everything that happened?” she asked raising an eyebrow.

            Nicole set down her spoon gently. “I’m okay…I’ll be okay.” There was a loud ring of the doorbell causing Nicole to jump up. “I’ll get it!” she said in a rush and she darted towards the door.

            “…I mean you’d think she’d at least call to tell us what’s going—“

            “Nicole!” Lisa smiled cutting off Natalie’s sentence. “It’s great to see you again!” Lisa’s small arms wrapped around Nicole’s neck.

            Lisa was dressed in a red V-neck that was cut very low and looked like it was wrapped around her body, she had on a black tank top under that, blue skinny jeans, and a high pony tail. Natalie was wearing a gray crop top, it didn’t cut as low as Lisa’s, but you could still see her entire chest—since she’d chosen not to wear an undershirt and it went off one shoulder—along with her belly button, her hair was down around her face and she was wearing black skinny jeans that complemented her figure well.

            “Stop checking out my friends,” Nicole’s voice joked in my head. I met her eyes with a smirk, which she returned.

            “So what are you two doing here?” Nicole asked turning back to her two friends.

            “We’d like to know why you haven’t even called,” Natalie shrugged. “Fill us in, woman!”

            Lisa’s eyes were trailing the foyer of the house eagerly. “Damn this place is fucking awesome! You guys are loaded!”

            “Who are they?” a voice asked from the door opening to the den.

            “These are friends of Nicole’s,” I shrugged looking at Jonathan.

            “So we’re socializing with the humans now?” he asked a dark eyebrow raising slightly.

            I narrowed my eyes at him, opening my mouth to tell him off but Natalie beat me to it.

            “Watch yourself, Fido,” she snapped crossing her arms. “I bite.”

            Jonathan smirked, taking a step forward. “So do I.”

            Natalie raised an eyebrow at the challenge. “Do you have a name? Or would you rather me call you, Fido?”

            “My name is Jonathan,” he shrugged. “What’s your name?”

            “I’m Natalie,” she smiled tipping her head to the side a bit.

            “Bye humans,” Jonathan waved backing out of the foyer…back to whatever.

            “He was hot,” Natalie grinned crossing her arms across her chest.

            “And he probably has a mate,” Lisa added patting her friend’s shoulder lightly.

            Natalie’s face scrunched up, showing off her discomfort.

            “Don’t worry, Nat, he doesn’t have a mate,” Nicole assured the girl, giving me a confused look.

            “Let’s go into the parlor and allow you girls to talk,” I suggested.

            “That is a great idea,” Nicole nodded. “Lead the way.”

            I lead them through the den—where Jonathan was lounging, reading a book.

            “Look, hot stuff can read,” Natalie commented, earning a playful glare from Jonathan.

            “Be careful, sexy, you might just get bitten,” Jonathan replied, returning his eyes to the book.

            “As long as I can bite you back,” Natalie countered.

            “Name the time and place,” Jonathan shrugged.

            “Tomorrow night, your place?” Natalie asked raising an eyebrow

            “You’re on.”

            Natalie strutted out of the den with her head held high. She sat down on the parlor’s couch and waited for Lisa, Nicole, and myself.

            “What the hell was that?” Lisa asked shocked.

            “It’s called flirting,” Natalie shrugged.

            “Did you plan that?” Nicole asked sitting across from her friend.

            Natalie shrugged. “Maybe.”

            “I’m going to do and let you girls chat alone,” I shrugged back tracking to the doorway leading back into the foyer. “I’ll be in my room if you need me, Nicole.”

            “If you’re going to your room I might need you now,” Natalie mock-flirted, batting her eyes at me.

            Nicole reached over a smacked her friend’s knee. “Stop flirting with my mate. He’s mine.”

            “I’ll be upstairs,” I repeated walking out fully and leaving the arguing girls behind.

 -----------------------------------------------------

I just realized that it is very likely that most of my reads are gone. I beg you to help me redeem them, last I checked I had 283...help me bring them back...and go over that amount...please.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

745 102 5
A chilling four-day diary left on a soldier's cell phone tells a tale which pushes the boundaries of our understanding of the human heart. What ninet...
2.7K 731 9
වෝන් හී කියන්නෙ කුමාරිකාවක්. හැබැයි මනුස්ස කුමාරිකාවක් නෙවෙයි👰👰 . හදුන් දිවියෙක් 🐅 🐅🐅🐅දෙමව්පියන් ගේ මරණින් පළිගන්න වගේම රාජකීය උරුමය හොයාගෙන ම...
359K 6.7K 41
He was gigantic. The 7'0 monster of a man towered over her, even though he was sitting. Bright cyan eyes gazed down at her unreadably. He gestured w...
1.6M 97.9K 66
Narrowly escaping an attack by wolves, Jaylin Maxwell is driven towards the alluring Quentin Bronx. Together, they unleash the beast inside Jaylin's...