Butterflies and Puppets

By Kimmi369

Mayumi Inuzuka. She's not really an Inuzuka but Tsume pretty much has raised her best friends daughter. Mayum... More

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
Chapter 45
Chapter 46
Chapter 47
Chapter 48
Chapter 49
Chapter 50
Chapter 51
Chapter 52
Chapter 53
Chapter 54
Chapter 55
Chapter 56
Chapter 57
Chapter 58
Chapter 59
Chapter 60

Chapter 44

48 1 0
By Kimmi369

"Mayumi! Come on! Get up!" Ryota shouts banging on my door until he opens it

"Uhhh, five more hours!" I shout lazily throwing my pillow at the door where Buyuu catches it.

"It's mission time." Buyuu states, I quickly jump up and grab my clothes.

"I have a bad feeling.." I say shoving the two boys out of my room and slamming the door quickly changing, braiding my hair then putting my sword onto my back and opening up the door.

"That was incredibly fast." Kankuro states walking out of his room with Arul clinging onto his hat. "Do you want this thing back?" He asks pointing to Arul, I giggle as he flutters to my hair and gracefully flaps his wings.

"Uh, why-" Ryota starts off until I cut him off blushing. "What's our mission?" I ask looking at Sota walking up rubbing the sleep out of his eyes.

"We have to take some important documents a couple towns over."

"How long is it going to take?" Buyuu asks.

"Only a couple of days. Let's get ready and head out." Sota states walking off.

"Uh, no action going on it seems like." I mutter.

"That's a good thing right?" Kankuro question looking at the blonde girl beside of him.

I turn to him and raise an eyebrow. "Do you not know us? We like action." I laugh as we walk down the steps.

"Oh trust me, I know." Kankuro laughs. "I must get going myself." He gives them a smile then leaves, i watch him head down the stone pathway leading into the village.

"Come on guys, let's go stock up before we leave." Ryota says making me jump.

We head down the streets to stock up on medical supplies first. Then head to the weapons store and the fruit stand last.

"Ready?" Sota asks meeting us at the gate we all nod at him and take off. We travel the first day taking a few breaks until we finally settle down, we set up camp and eat. The stars and moon start to peak out from the clouds in front of the purple and orange sky. I stop and look throughout the trees looking at the beautiful sky.

"Beautiful isn't it?" Buyuu says next to me, I let out a deep breath and nod.

"You know, it's more beautiful the higher up you are." I smile biting my thumb and smearing it onto the ground summoning Hikari. I jump onto his back and hold out my hand for Buyuu to take it. "You trust me right?" I smile.

"I've seen what you two do." Buyuu shakes his head. "I like being on the ground."

"Awh, come on B. Live a little! What's life without a little risk?" I'm pretty sure I've told him this before.

He lets out a sigh and grabs my hand and jumps onto Hikari's back. "Just don't kill me okay?"

I laugh at his comment. "Just don't pull on his feathers and hold on tight to me, just don't crush me and you'll be fine."

Hikari flaps his wings and soars between the trees heading to the tree tops. Buyuu holds tightly onto my waist and lets out a small scream when Hikari turns suddenly causing me to laugh. We finally get to the tops of the trees and just gracefully glide in the air.

"Whoa" Buyuu says looking over the tree tops.

"You can loosen your grip." I say trying to shift. He feels Hikari shift and holds onto me tighter, I laugh and wiggle out of his grip and face him. "Scared or something?" I tease looking at him.

"Well yeah, I could fall to my death." He says nervously looking down.

"Don't worry, Hikari won't let that happen. Stop looking down!" I gently slap his arm. "The view isn't down there." I say looking over to my left. His eyes follow mine as the sky paints a new scene every few seconds. The purple sky hiding around the orangish pink sky, the sparkling stars starting to peak out.

I let out a big sigh and close my eyes feeling the last of the warmth of the sun on my skin before it hides behind the mountains.

"Why do I have a feeling you do this often?" Buyuu says watching the rest of the sun disappear.

"Because I do." I shrug my shoulders as he looks at me. "I like being high up, I feel.. free, like nothing can get me. You should never be afraid to do things that makes you feel free."

"Wow." Buyuu chuckles. "That was deep"

"Shut up." I laugh slightly pushing him and he grabs onto me.

"But seriously, is that why you're like the way you are?"

"I guess, I believe in if you want something, put your body, mind and soul into it. Never give up no matter how much you fail. The only way to learn is to fail a few times. My grandfather always let me slide with a lot. I guess he knew early on that I am my own person, nobody owns me and I can do as I please."

"Trust me, we know you do as you please."  He laughs causing me to laugh too.

"Come on, let's go back down."

"Can we go slowly?" Buyuu says nervously.

"You want slow?" I smirk and pat Hikari.

"Wait no!" Buyuu shouts but he's too late. Hikari quickly dives to the ground, Buyuu holds onto me for dear life screaming as I'm laughing. "Make him go up! Make him go up! I'm gonna die. I'm gonna die." He closes his eyes freaking out then he feels a soft thud. He opens one eye and sees that Hikari landed safely and crouches down to they can get off.

"Ground!" Buyuu says opening his arms and falling down hugging the cold dirt.

"Uh, is he okay?" Ryota says walking up to us. "Usually I'm the one giving the ground a hug."

"I think Hikari scared him." I laugh.

"No! You're freakin' crazy!" Buyuu says getting up. "You two almost killed me!"

"Did not! You trusted me, I wouldn't let a thing happen to you." I giggle. "Come on, let's get some sleep before our shift." I say to Ryota.

We take turns throughout the night, I'm on the last shift I clean up the camp and take down my tent ready to leave when everyone gets up. Traveling the rest of the day to the town they drop off the important documents and head to an Inn with a hot springs.

"I can't wait to get into the hot springs!" I exclaim running through the entrance doors impatiently waiting for the rest of my team. I quickly grab my key and rush to my room dropping off my bags and sword then I head down the hall passing the boys to the hot springs.

"Don't stay in there too long Mayumi! We gotta eat at some point!" Sota calls out to me.

I get to the changing room stripping and wrapping my towel around me and head out to the hot springs. I slowly drop my feet in feeling the burn onto my soft skin. I let out a relieved sigh and take my towel off and sink in. After a few minutes I hear the door from the changing room open then close. I wait a few minutes then realize no one got into the springs. Pervert perhaps?

A deep uneasy feeling in the pit of my stomach, I don't like this feeling at all. I decide to quickly get out, as I wrap my towel around me, I turn to see a shadow in the distance. I pretend I didn't see it and hurry back inside changing into my clothes and rush off to the boys room where I pound onto the door.

"Mayumi?" Buyuu looks at me surprised as I push myself through the door.

"What's wrong?" Sota asks getting up.

"Uhm, nothing I'm just hungry. Can we go now?" I ask shifting my weight on my feet. Sota notices my state of uncomfortableness but nods and we leave the Inn and head down the street and find a small restaurant.

We sit and order our food, I keep shifting in my seat next to Ryota he spoke when he notices. "Are you sure you're okay?"

I look around nervously and nod. "I just want to go back home.." I say softly as we get our food. I quickly eat my food and pay for everyone else. "Do we have to stay here tonight?" I look over at Sota. My head jerks over to the door when I hear the bell on the door ring and i jump. "Can we please hurry back to the Sand Village?"

"Why?" Sota gives me a serious look.

"I just have a bad feeling.." Sota looks at the boys and they give him a nod and they quickly finish their food and head back to the Inn following the boys to their room getting their things. I grab Buyuu's arm and grab him to my room, as I open the door we gasp and see it had been destroyed. My belongings everywhere, my and blood on the walls. Oh. My. God.

"What the hell happened in here?!" Buyuu shouts.

"Sota!" I scream as he and Ryota rush to my room.

"Come on guys, help her pack and let's get going." Sota states watching the door then walking over to the window and looks out it.

"I told you guys earlier I had a bad feeling." I grumble grabbing my clothes and shoving them into my bag.

"Wait! My sword is missing?" I state searching everywhere for it.

"Mayumi, let's get out of here and let's go." Ryota states gently grabbing my arm.

We quickly leave the Inn and start to head back to the Sand village. We quickly travel throughout the night not taking any breaks.

We all head back to the Sand Village when the sun starts to go down. As we enter the office everyone turns to Team 0.

"Why are you back so early?" Baki says standing up confused.

"Did it go wrong?" Temari asks.

"No, Mayumi had a bad feeling and-"

"You guys!" One of the Sand ninjas bursts through the door. "That town you sent them on was attacked!" He stops and looks at Team 0.

"Attacked?!" Baki exclaims.

"I told you guys I had a bad feeling before we even left." I state.

"What was the damage?" Gaara speaks up, the Sand messenger gives him a paper and Gaara looks at team 0. "The entire town?" He turns to the messenger and he nods. "The entire town wiped out?"

"Do you think it would be the same people who destroyed Mayumi's room at the Inn?" Buyuu asks turning to Sota.

"I just want my sword back." I say softly pulling out an apple and take a bite, Sota explains about my room and my sword missing.

After a while we are relieved, the boys go and find something to eat and I rush off to the weapons store only to find it closed. "Awh man." I mumble kicking a rock.

"Everything okay?" Kankuro says walking up behind me making me jump.

"I was hoping they would be open.." I sigh.

"Well, when we get back to the house I can show you a few things if you want?" Kankuro offers. "But first, would you like to go eat?"

I nod my head and follow closely to him as he leads me to a small restaurant. We sit down then order our food and fall in a comfortable silence.

We quickly eat and start to head back to the house where his hand brushes against mine. I blush and lightly holds onto his pinky and smile slightly. We are the first ones to get back to the house and he unlocks a room filled with weapons.

"Whoa." I say in amazement and my eyes wander to the one sword hanging up. It has a skinny blade, with a red handle it's a lot shorter than what I use but I can make due with it. I let go of his pinky and walk over to it and pick it up. "This is really light." I comment as I swing it around.

"I know it's not the greatest but maybe it will help. I know you have another one, but it's all the way in the Leaf Village."

"It's fine. It will do for now." I smile at him and kiss his cheek. "Thank you Kankuro."

"Come on, I hear the others walking up." He says as I strap my new sword onto my back. We walk out of the room as Kankuro locks it back up.

"There you are!" Ryota says walking up to me.

"I see you found a sword." Buyuu says skipping a few stairs walking up them I nod at him explain that Kankuro is letting me use it for a while until we get back home.

The boys retreat to bed as I go to my room and put my sword up, grab some clothes and head to Kankuro's room and knock. He opens his door and is standing there in a shirt and sweatpants an no face makeup, my goodness his face looks good. "Shower?" He laughs.

I nod and blush in embarrassment and walk in to the bathroom. I close the door and get undressed and wash off the past couple of days off my skin, dry off and get dressed in a baggy shirt and shorts and open the door to see Kankuro working on a puppet.

"Feel better?" Kankuro says turning to me.

"Yes, thank you." I smile, he gets up and wraps his arms around my waist and brings me closer to him. If I could stay in his arm forever I would. I look up at him and kiss his lips softly, he returns my kiss and holds me closer.

"So, what are we?" He whispers pushing a strand of wet hair out of my face.

"Humans?"

He laughs. "No, I mean us."

"I guess.. together?" I blush.

He kisses me again and smiles. "It's about time. Now go get some rest." He says letting me go, I smile and head to my bed room and fall asleep almost instantly.

🍃🦋🍃

Authors note ~
Since my last chapter update I got over 100 more reads on my story 😭 it makes me so happy 💙

I hope you all are doing okay don't forget to drink your water and eat 🥰💙

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

3.5K 143 14
This a Naruhina story that takes place right after the pain attack and continues all the way till they're young adults. This is Naruto realizing his...
27.1K 803 38
*COMPLETE & FINISHED EDITING* This is a modern version story of Naruto. (L/N) (Y/N) is from a rich family. Her mother died giving birth to her. Her f...
283K 7.4K 47
Rin Uzumaki-Namikaze was Kushina and Minato's sole daughter. A prodigy at a young age, she learned and mastered all the jutsus and seals her parents...
6.5K 120 15
March 16th 2018, story is under editing to make sense. (This was my first ever fanfiction. And is still unfinished.) July 19th 2019, story will be li...