The Sweetest Devotion

By wheadee

An arranged marriage. An illicit affair. An unforgettable passion. A forbidden love... A spoiled socialite cl... More

𝐒𝐮𝐦𝐦𝐚𝐫𝐲
𝐈.
𝐈𝐈.
𝐈𝐈𝐈.
𝐈𝐕.
𝐕.
𝐕𝐈.
𝐕𝐈𝐈.
𝐕𝐈𝐈𝐈.
𝐈𝐗.
𝐗.
𝐗𝐈.
𝐗𝐈𝐈.
𝐗𝐈𝐈𝐈.
𝐗𝐈𝐕.
𝐗𝐕.
𝐗𝐕𝐈.
𝐗𝐕𝐈𝐈.
𝐗𝐕𝐈𝐈𝐈.
𝐗𝐈𝐗.
𝐗𝐗.
𝐗𝐗𝐈.
𝐗𝐗𝐈𝐈.
𝐗𝐗𝐈𝐈𝐈.
𝐗𝐗𝐈𝐕.
𝐗𝐗𝐕.
𝐗𝐗𝐕𝐈.
𝐗𝐗𝐕𝐈𝐈.
𝐗𝐗𝐕𝐈𝐈𝐈.
𝐗𝐗𝐈𝐗.
𝐗𝐗𝐗.
𝐗𝐗𝐗𝐈.
𝐗𝐗𝐗𝐈𝐈.
𝐗𝐗𝐗𝐈𝐈𝐈.
𝐗𝐗𝐗𝐈𝐕.
𝐗𝐗𝐗𝐕.
𝐗𝐗𝐗𝐕𝐈.
𝐓𝐡𝐞 𝐒𝐰𝐞𝐞𝐭𝐞𝐬𝐭 𝐃𝐞𝐯𝐨𝐭𝐢𝐨𝐧 𝐄𝐱𝐭𝐫𝐚𝐬

𝐗𝐗𝐗𝐕𝐈𝐈.

3.5K 267 31
By wheadee

EIGHT MONTHS LATER

"We just think you'd be the perfect model for our brand," Ginette was saying as I video chatted with her in my living room. She was the creative director of an upcoming fashion boutique who'd contacted my agent about my modeling for their catalogue and ads. "What Slayed is all about is young, fun, sexy, women on the go, and you represent that completely. We love your style, and how it's totally unique and you. That's what we want to sell at Slayed."

   I couldn't help but blush at the compliment and proposal. I'd been opening myself up to taking more brand deals, and this was one I was excited about. As my one major weakness in life was clothes.

   My agent, Hans, wanted me to take some of the movie and TV roles filling my inbox, but that didn't seem authentic. That didn't seem me.

   A glance at the clock on the wall told me I was running late.

   "Listen, Ginette, it really means a lot that you guys are reaching out to me. Right now I have a prior engagement, but I will definitely get with Hans and we will talk about it, and hopefully get on another call with you, because this sounds like a fun opportunity."

   Ginette didn't sweat my needing to leave as she beamed at me on her end. "No worries, Kennedy. Please, let us know what you're thinking as soon as you can."

   "I will, I promise," I swore.

   We hung up and I was quick to slide into my heels, grab my sunglasses and bag, and rush out the door of my penthouse. Down in my Lexus, I almost burst into laughter when my phone rang, showing my father was calling.

   I was still in my penthouse, still deciding whether I wanted to make a move to the Heights or stay in the Hills. My family was in Hampton Hills, and while I had a couple people who would make Bedford Heights home, too, I was still unsure where I wanted to be. But I was in no hurry, as things were better for me these days.

   I felt more independent as I made my own money and helped out at the local florist in Bedford Heights whenever I was free. It was a bitch for my nails, but I loved building arrangements through and through.

   "Hello, Father," I said as I picked up his call, trying not to laugh as I drove for the highway.

   He was working with the best doctors, trying his hardest to live with his illness rather than succumb to it. My father had accepted that he'd never gain his mobility or strength to walk ever again, but he'd also learned to appreciate and respect the fact that he was fortunate enough to still have the ability to speak, to breathe, to move his arms and hands. That he was living.

   These days, he was doing his best not to take on too much with Nichols & Wagner, and allowing Phil to lead most of the company. A feat I still couldn't believe.

   I saw Cain a few times over the past few months, something that took getting used to. In a way, I admired his relationship with my father. Business or not, it was nice to see them interact, it was almost like my father had gained a son in the end.

   Better a son than a husband as far as I was concerned.

   "How'd the meeting go?" he asked right away.

   I rolled my eyes. "At least you're not going to pretend to not know about it."

   He chuckled, sounded healthy, sounding good, giving me hope. "What? Can't an old man be curious how things are going for his daughter?"

   "You can quit sending jobs my way," I teased. "It sorta defeats the purpose of this whole independence journey I'm on."

   Both my parents were in full support of me trying to branch out and do things my way, but that didn't mean they weren't going to pull strings for me. With enough nudging, they'd finally gotten Jadyn to hand over a script to one of their Hollywood friends. While the jury was still out on that for a response, my parents were sending little jobs my way.

   I could get angry, but I loved that they were trying to help me in any way they could.

   "You can be independent all you want, doesn't mean we can't help you," my father responded. "That's one of the biggest things I've learned from my physical therapist, there's nothing wrong with a little help."

   My heart softened at his words. For so long he'd prided himself on being strong, and now here he was, okay with needing assistance.

   "You're right, thank you," I said as I cleared my throat. "The meeting went great. She showed me a lot of cute pieces. I'm going to get with Hans and we'll decide what to do from here, but I'm really excited."

   "You should be. My girl's about to be a model," my father said. "So, what are you about to get into now?"

   I bit my cheek to keep from blushing. "I'm on my way to my next cooking lesson."

   My father sighed. "Off to make another terrible dish of macaroni and cheese?"

   I sucked my teeth, unable to believe he'd gone there. "Hey! I got the steps right; it was the measurements where I went wrong."

   Jadyn had walked me through what I needed to make mac and cheese, and all had gone well until I cut into my first wedge upon pulling it from the oven and finding the noodles bland. I'd used a whole box versus the measurements Jadyn had given me for half. The miscommunication results in a bad pan of mac and cheese that my father wasn't letting me live down. Him, and another one.

   I was determined, though, to be able to make a soulful pan of the dish.

   "Cooking isn't for everyone, Neddy," my father teased.

   It wasn't, but I was doing pretty good in other areas. "I'm going to master it the next time I make it, and you'll love it."

   "I'll love it because you made it," he said.

   "So, you'll try it?" I asked as I got onto the highway.

   "For you? Of course!"

   That was all I needed to hear. After a rocky start to our year, it was nice to be here, to have this.

   "Well, let me focus on driving. I'll call you when I get in, okay?" I said.

   "Okay. I love you, Neddy," my father told me.

   "And I love you."

   We hung up and I drove onward to Bedford Heights, where thirty minutes later I was pulling into the driveway of a familiar home I'd grown to love as much as the other himself.

   I didn't have to knock; I had a key. A key I used to let myself in.

   "Hey!" I let my presence be known as I removed my heels by the door where a shoe rack I'd bought was placed.

   Keith poked his head out from down the hall, grinning when he saw me.

   Butterflies filled my belly as I took him in and felt my heart race.

   We'd taken a break after the whole ordeal with Cain, Keith to breathe, and me to just reflect. Without him I wanted to do all those things I'd set out to do when I'd faced off with my father, and with him, I knew I could do them with a strong support system.

   When we made our way back to each other, I'd never been more sure of anything in my life. This was who I wanted. This was the life I wanted to live going forward.

   Keith sized me up. "C'mere."

   I was a sucker for his voice and the way he looked at me, but still, I made my way to join him in the kitchen slowly. Appearance's sake and all.

   The smell of fresh fish greeted me as soon as I stepped into the room. Tonight, we were frying walleye and preparing a salad.

   First, I went over to the sink to wash up. It wasn't long before two hands came and blocked me in against the counter.

   His lips brushed against my ear. "How was your day?"

   I turned, sucking in a breath as my breasts brushed against his chest and I was enveloped in his cologne and scent. "Great. I was offered a modeling gig for a boutique."

   Keith popped a brow. "Not lingerie, right?"

   I pretended to put up a fight. "And if it is?"

   His eyes ran down my figure, a sexy smirk taking his lips. "You only show that for me."

   Reaching out, I patted his cheek. "Well, I belong to me and I'm showing off—"

   His lips seized mine as I was mid-sass. I hoped I never stopped feeling weak in the knees when this man kissed me.

   "Okay, I guess I can handle it," Keith taunted as he pretended to think it over. "Just as long as I get the first peek."

   I threw my head back and laughed. Maybe I would stop by the store and find something cute, little, and lacy, for his eyes only.

   After all, he loved me best.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

31.1K 625 16
He shouldn't want her.. She's nothing but trouble with a capital T. But after one steamy drunken night he can't help himself. But that is where the f...
412K 1.6K 18
A collection of short, erotic stories with dark, forbidden themes. Please read the disclaimer before you carry on. WARNING 18+ All characters are...
204K 4.3K 54
She's a girl with a powerful family. He's a guy who runs his own mafia. So why do they have anything to do with each other? Why does he have to be he...
584K 14.2K 35
His finger trailed up my thigh ever so gently causing my pussy complete torture. He knew what he was doing. He knew this was driving me completely cr...