Life's Changes (Book 2)

De ThatGirlNC

Disclaimer: in order to fully understand the sequence of events in the book, read You, Me and Ours first. Aft... Mais

Character List✨
Prologue🌫
Life🤍
We can bearly wait🧸🤍
Sessions🎼
Big 3-0♿️
Temptations🔥
Butterflies🦋
Pool Day👙
Mia's Day🎊
Its a Girl💕
KGB💕
Podcast Confessions🎧
Hotel Skylines🏙️

T & C🏝

384 25 2
De ThatGirlNC

"Easton it's too early for this shit, I don't even know if I'm allowed to be flying since I'm four days away from the 8-month mark" I complain going down the stairs slowly cause this big ass belly had thrown off my balance and any slight change will send me rolling down the stairs. "Mia, I already called your doctor and she said it's fine, now focus on getting down the stairs safely" he said in a tone that made me stop moving altogether, "I'm not Kairi East, talk to me like you've got some sense" I counter.

Continuing down the stairs, I hear him grumble under his breath making me roll my eyes at him walking towards the kitchen to grab a bottle of water. "I already got snacks in the car" he announces from behind me probably noticing how I was bent over trying to grab the berry mix from the fridge, "Aww you're forgiven baby daddy, let's go" I say patting his cheek.

After the baby shower, Easton and I managed to talk about boundaries and we both agreed that it would be best if we maintain a good co-parenting relationship, I personally don't feel we're ready to recommit to each other. I can see that Easton is putting in the work and making an effort but I still don't fully trust him because when I was vulnerable.

He took advantage of that even after I had opened up to him about my last relationship. He's the father to the little girls who I absolutely love, so I knew I couldn't avoid him forever simply because I would never ruin my child's bond with her dad and I think him still living in New York helped give me the distance that I needed.

"Ooo can I get a turkey bacon, cheddar and egg white sandwich with a vanilla bean crème Frappuccino?" I ask East with a slight pout making him side-eye me because I had just guzzled an entire fruit bowl in the car. "Mia you just ate in the car" he counters with a frown on his face.

I feel the tears well up in my eyes making him smack his lips before grabbing my hand and walking towards Starbucks. This pregnancy is definitely way different than my pregnancy with Yo, I feel a lot more emotional and I can never seem to get full; I just know my baby is gonna be chunky and getting rid of this baby weight will be hell.

"The fuck?" I exclaim looking up after a hand grabbed my Frappuccino, I realise that it's my soon-to-be ex-best friend, "Amara, I will fight you bout my food can you actually leave my shit alone" I snarl snatching the cup from her hand. I watch as she lets out a gasp whilst clutching her chest, "Bitch I should be the one gasping at your ill-mannered self" I retort making everyone around us chuckle, "Now you ain't had to do allat" she pouts crossing her arms.

I could care less if I hurt her feelings, she hurt mine by assuming I would even share my food with her, "Damn baby momma, that's how you coming?" Dave asks as I happily munch on the chocolate chip cookie I convinced him to buy me. "I think we should all just come to the conclusion that Mia has been replaced by the greedy version of the grinch" Zo flipping him off.

"We flying private so we gotta go to the desk over there" East points out making me clutch my chest looking up at him in shock, "I know that's right, my bitch got that PJ pussy" Dream comments making the rest of the group chuckle as I just roll my eyes.

"Damn East now I gotta go all out for my lady" Reign complains walking further into the plane noticing how nice it looked, "You better" I warn bopping his head as I walk past him tryna find a place to sit down. "Ooo I wanna sit next to you baby momma" Amara giggles rushing towards me just as Reign extends his hand around her waist, "No ma'am" he says pulling her away making me pout.

"Better be ready to sit next to your baby daddy" Luke laughs holding onto Inanna's waist as they walk past me. I don't even know why they were making such a big deal about everything like I couldn't be cordial with this man, "You good mama?" East asks watching me as I sulk looking out of the window. Getting pregnant definitely fucked up my gangsta status because why the hell was I in this PJ damn near in tears because I just caught sight of the kids on my lock screen and now, I don't want to leave them, "My babies East" I whined.

By now I was full-blown crying "Well damn that was quick East" Zo comments looking back after hearing my breakdown. Smacking his lips, Easton flipped him off before sitting down next to me, "Don't be upset mama, we can call them before take-off if you want" he bargained making me smile slightly before nodding.

"Okay mommy, miss you and love you" Kairi rushed out before turning over to continue watching My Little Pony, "Well damn, okay bye my baby. Bye Yoyo, I love you dada" I say blowing them kisses even though I was slightly touched as they barely looked up at me.

It really be your own kids cause why was I here puffy-faced after crying to see these kids and they couldn't even care enough to put down the iPads. "Imma take them shits away 'cause I barely got 5 words out of them" East mumbles making me chuckle at how annoyed he was, "So much for being the disciplinary parent" I laugh knowing those kids are hell. When it was almost time for take-off, everyone else was handed their flutes of champagne whilst I got a flute of sparkling juice, "Cheers or whatever" I sigh as everyone else laughs at me.

"This the type of energy Imma need from niggas from now on" Dream says as we drive up to the villa we were going to stay in for the weekend before East and I were going somewhere and he refused to give me any information on it. "This place looks good gee" Luke compliments once we got out of the van looking around; the scenery was definitely beautiful and I'm actually impressed that East chose this specific place for us to stay.

"You like it mama" East asks as we walk through the door threshold heading into the bright living room, "This is beautiful East, thank you for bringing us here" I say genuinely thankful that he did this for me.

I planned this trip with Amara and Zo's help for Mia's birthday which is two days from now; the main goal since everything went down is to prove myself to Mia and court her all over again, "You know I got you mama" I reply. The plan isn't to buy Mia's love back and I know too well that she won't even allow that to happen; I just want to show her that I will do anything to show her how sorry I am even if it means spending a couple of thousands.

"Damn East, pressure applied" Talia says walking past us and heading over to the patio to look over the view just as the butler Eddie comes back after helping us with our bags, "Welcome to Turks and Caicos everyone" he announces catching all our attention. "There are 5 ensuite bedrooms within the main house and a separate room located in the cottage of the villa" Eddy let us know as we finalise who gets which room.

"We're taking the cottage room" I announce hooking my hand around Mia's shoulder making her smack her lips in annoyance and I could care less because she knows what it is when it comes to us. "Welp there's that" Zo chuckles as we break out into laughter before walking to our respective rooms to get ready for lunch; "My feet are too swollen for this shit" Mia huffs as we finally reach the cottage which was at the far end of the villa.

"Why are you still in this bathtub Mia?" I question knowing I definitely let her know she had 30 minutes to get ready and now everybody was waiting on us, "I'm relaxing Easton, go away" she mumbles with her eyes closed. I know this trip was hard on her body considering that she's further along in her pregnancy which is why I made it a point to ask her doctor if it would be safe for her to make this trip.

"Everyone is waiting for us so they can have lunch" I explain grabbing a towel for her as she groans in annoyance, "You can go and eat with them then" she retorts just looking at me. It's times like this that I realise that the feelings I have for Mia are genuine because I never had this much patience for Millie. I'm sure she noticed how serious I was because it didn't take long for her to stand up, grumpy and all; "I swear I just know you're gonna piss me off this entire trip" she complains going to get dressed.

By the time we got downstairs, the food was laid out on the table and Mia could barely hold in her excitement, "Ooo damn this looks nice" she mutters damn near salivating as she grabs a wing causing Zo to smack her hand. "Have some decorum bitch" he scolds as Mia scowls grabbing a plate as I move closer to her, "I better see more veggies than carbs on that plate" I warn as she shrugs grabbing some more wings.

"Easton where the hell you get all this weed from?" Dream questions as I dump a bag of weed onto the table watching as Reign smirks from the opposite side of the table, "This nigga is damn near a supplier" Amara mumbles. At this point, between her and Mia, I just can't win; "Damn a nigga just catch a break up in here" I frown as I listen to Mia and Amara go back and forth about my smoking habits. "Not too much on my gee, we all know if Mia wasn't pregnant, you and her would've been high on the flight" Luke points out to Amara who simply flips him off; "Yeah yeah whatever" Mia retorts.

As much as I wish I could have taken this trip with Mia alone, I know she's not ready for that, and I don't want to jeopardise our progress. Sitting outside on the balcony of our room, I watched the sunset exhaling the smoke I was holding in my lungs whilst Mia was taking a nap after going into a food coma after lunch.

The vibrations from my phone broke my train of thought as I answered the call from Kairi's iPad, "Hie mamas" I spoke as her face appeared on the screen. "I miss you dada" she pouts tugging at my heartstrings as I smile putting out the blunt, "I miss you too princess, where's Papa?" I ask as she turns the camera towards Yosohn who was on his iPad.

"You don't hear me fat fat?" I ask as he continues to ignore me making smack my lips just as laughter sounds from behind me, "Mama" Kai screeches as Mia appears into the view of the camera. "Hey my babies, I miss you" she says taking a seat between my legs on the beach chair as both kids talk to her.

Watching her with our kids makes me smile because this was what it was all about, I need to get my family back; no matter what it takes.

              📷INSTAGRAM POSTS:
Mia's Story:

Reign's Story:

Amara's Story:

Continue lendo

Você também vai gostar

2.3M 83.6K 52
(BOOK 3 OF MAFIA LOVE SERIES) COMPLETED READ MIA REGINA AND ESCORT ME BABY BEFORE YOU READ THIS. This book CANNOT be read as a standalone. * The rea...
213 38 18
How do you tell your best friend you love them? How do you know they feel the same? How do you stop your heart getting broken in the process? Honest...
2.1K 225 53
*2nd Place Chicklit & Romance in Brewing Flair Awards 2018 Mia Abraham never thought she will have to ever share her heart with another, that is othe...