Push Me Away : Book 2 of the...

By SavSOS_

The whole world knows what really happened when Fallon Harding and Calum Hood broke up. Calum just found out... More

Welcome!
Prologue
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
*life update*
30
32
33
34
Epilogue

31

593 19 14
By SavSOS_

"Should we really be going to Michael's for a party?" Fallon asked, as she followed a few steps behind Calum and they made their way to the home where his bandmate Micheal had been living with his fiancée Crystal. The pair had been working over the past few months to revamp the place and turn it into a luxury rental but the pandemic had halted their progress.

"Well, I mean... we can't just completely hole up on our own, right? No one really knows how long this thing is gonna go on for and it's not like Mike's invited half of the hills, just a few close friends– family really."

Fallon blew out a breath, hoping they weren't setting themselves up for trouble by agreeing to attend the small get together that had been arranged. If she was honest with herself though she was craving the chance to interact with someone who wasn't living within the same four walls as her at the moment.

She loved living with Calum, it wasn't that. The thing was just that there really was such a thing as going stir crazy and the past few weeks with only Calum and Roy to talk to were starting to get to her. In total honesty, she was missing being around those with a bit more estrogen. The chance to see Crystal and Sierra was a welcome reprieve and even though she was a little uneasy about the gathering, no matter how small. It was worth the risk for the health of her psyche.

Calum pushed open the front door, stepping through the threshold with ease like he lived there and Fallon followed right behind. Where the boy's band was concerned there was a bit of an open door policy to their homes. Within reason anyways. More than once the open door thing had led to an awkward encounter due to the seemingly shared desire of their group to fornicate anywhere but a bed. Maybe living their lives predominantly on tour had done that to them.

This time though the living room was devoid of naked people, a fact Fallon was all too happy about seeing that the last time she had visited the Clifford's in their home had been one such encounter. She'd learned not to visit on the day the boys returned from tour again.

The foyer opened up to a large open floor plan main level with a kitchen and dining room visible as well as a back wall of glass windows and double doors that led out back to the patio. Flickering flames from the fire pit glowed from the patio beckoning the pair through the house and out to the yard where everyone else was scattered around the pool.

A pretty orange sunset served as the backdrop for their first in person interaction with someone outside of their little bubble in a few weeks and, in a way, the warm color scheme was fitting. Smiles flitted to both Calum and Fallon's faces immediately as they greeted their friends.

"Ho-ly shit." Michael yelled, approaching them and wasting no time in wrapping Calum up in a hug. "I know it's only been a few weeks but in 5SOS time that's like...years."

"5SOS time?" Calum chuckled, shooting a bemused expression in Fallon's direction.

"Yeah, mate. I reckon we spend so much time together that every day we're apart is like seven days for normal people. Kinda like dog years are different from people's years." Michael's hands were tucked up into the sleeves of his long sleeved shirt, his whole body bouncing as he moved up and down on his toes from excitement.

"You're fucking stupid, you know that right?"

Michaels expression flatlined and he rolled his eyes.

"But I missed you too." Calum nudged his friend with his elbow then took a step to stand by Fallon. His hand glided around her side until it found the place it fit so well on her back. The warmth of his rough skin against her back that was left bare by her puff sleeved top felt both natural and exhilarating. Like everything else since they had gotten back together. Somehow familiar and comforting while also new and exciting.

Michael greeted Fallon with a side hug before readdressing Cal.

"D'you guys bring drinks?"

Calum turned slightly to reveal their cooler backpack and Micheal gave a nod. "Toss them in the fridge. We've got plenty of wine and seltzers if you guys run out. Plus I think Luke brought tequila, so I'm sure there'll be shots at some point."

"Oh boy." Fallon chuckled, shooting Calum a knowing look. Things always seemed to take a turn for them when shots of tequila got involved.

A few drinks later their friends had all settled around the fire. It felt almost like old times with stories of better days filling the silence. The simple normalcy of the moment made Fallon nostalgic for a pre-pandemic world that she had taken for granted and she hoped that this would all end sooner than the more pessimistic of their comrades seemed to think it would. She didn't know if she would be able to handle the in-home isolation they had been through prior to tonight for years.

Fallon's mind was elsewhere, distracted by the nostalgia and comfort the night was giving off. So much so that she barely registered Crystal joining her on the sofa that was built into Michael's back yard.

"You're awfully quiet tonight." The blonde commented, gently nudging her friend in the side. "You okay?"

"Oh...yeah, I'm fine." Fallon responded. "Just nice to be around everyone for the first time in what feels like forever."

Her eyes scanned the backyard, a soft and placated smile sketched on her face as she searched for a moment before finally settling on the face she'd been looking for. Calum's cheeks were pushed up in a grin as he laughed at something Ashton had said and lifted a Raspberry whiteclaw to his lips

"I can appreciate that. Are things with you and Cal still okay?"

A bemused smirk made its way to Fallon's face. Crystal never had been one to beat around the bush. "Ha. Yeah, yeah we're doing okay. It's not perfect, I mean, we obviously have so much history and even if we would like to forgive and forget we're both human and I think at times we both still struggle with the things we've put each other through." Her head fell and she picked at the skin around her fingernail before continuing. "We're just trying to take things slow and not get ahead of ourselves."

"I think that could be good for you guys. I mean, there's something to be said for how hard you've both been willing to fight for your relationship."

"Yeah..." Fallon trailed off, her eyes misting over slightly as she returned her brown stare to the only man she had ever truly loved. "But the truth is we shouldn't have had to fight so hard. That's my fault and I'll have to live with that."

Crystal's face fell to a frown and she opened her mouth to speak but Fallon hushed her with a slightly raised hand. "Don't. I've accepted my actions. Cal and I have been writing and it's been really helping us learn to move forward."

"You've been writing?" The excitement in her voice was easily detected and a slight feeling of panic and dread began to sink in for Fallon.

"Yeah, but it's not reall–"

"CALUM!" Crystal squealed. Standing to her feet and rushing across the grassy area to no doubt rope him into something neither he nor Fallon would be too particularly keen on in true Crystal fashion. She watched as the blonde girl talked, her mouth movements enhanced by flailing hands and the way Calum's eyes slowly lifted until they met her own.

He silently begged her to walk over and as much as Fallon really didn't want to leave her spot she figured whatever Crystal had in mind it was best to simply get it over with so she stood. Wobbled. Chugged the remnants of her glass of wine and then sauntered over to what she was quite certain was going to be an idea she hated.

In their brief conversation earlier Fallon hadn't realized just how drunk Crystal was but the whiny tone to her voice and the excited way she screamed her name as Fallon made her approach left no room for doubt.

"Fallon! Perfect timing!"

"Yes, perfect timing indeed." Calum offered, sliding his hand into her and tugging her against his chest. His arm looped over her shoulder and his scent enveloped her in an embrace that was warm and safe. Home. "She wants us to play what we've been working on." He murmured against her ear, his breath tinted with the scent of alcohol.

'Aw, Crys, we totally would but we don't even have anything finished." Fallon offered, unsurprised that her instincts had been right as to what Crystal would have in mind. Calum tightened his grip on her hand at the sound of her lie. They'd finally perfected one of the three songs they'd been working on only a few days prior.

"Well you can still do the parts you have!"

"Crystal, I don't know if that's such a great idea." Fallon tried, desperately searching for a way out of this but knowing in her heart of hearts that what Crystal wanted she usually got.

"Why not? You guys have been working hard on it and you're among friends. It's just like a soft opening of a business but for a song."

"You know she's not gonna let this go." Calum whispered into Fallon's ear, his hand rubbing across her forearm in an effort to calm her increasing nerves. "Up to you though. If it's a hard no I'll take the fall and we can get out of here. I have a feeling if we don't give in now though we're gonna be hearing about this every time we hang out around her until we come through."

"Yeah, well, according to the news it might be a while before stuff like this is commonplace again so I might get away with it." She said bitterly.

"But.." Calum said, the corners of his lips working upwards into a small smile as Fallon turned to face him. He knew her too well and could easily sense the crumbling of her facade.

"But I guess there's no time like the present." She raised her voice so that Crystal could hear her. "I'm gonna need another glass of wine and a guitar I guess."

AN:
Holy shit.

It's been forever.

If you're still here and reading this, Hi. I love you. I'm sorry it's been so long. I didn't know my seven month old was going to still be very firmly on team no sleep. I literally have forgotten what free/writing time is. He's cute though so I guess I'll keep him.

Anywho, I managed this and have high hopes to finish this book that should have about 3 chapters left before he turns 18 😅 God willing.

SO:

Any thoughts about the party?

What do you think Fallon and Calum's song will be like? I didn't pick a real song this time i actually have come up with something myself so we'll see how that goes lol I might should've left it to the pros

I've still got one last little plot twist for Falum, any ideas of what that may be?

I'll see you when i see you.
With love always,
Sav🖤

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

111 0 10
You're Ashton's sister, the one of three siblings of world rockstar Ashton Irwin. You went to University and will graduate in photography. Photograph...
56.1K 2K 40
When circumstances change, lives change. Is there a way back to how things were before..? *** Calum Hood Fanfiction Book 2 of 3 in the IWCT series ...
Catch 22 By Sav

Fanfiction

224K 4.9K 42
Sage Mires is a young up and coming Sound Technician dying to chase her dreams and escape the memories her home now holds for her. Chanced with a fre...
26.2K 600 49
When Calum Hood and Amelia Evan's paths cross, little did they now the roller coaster ride they were going to experience. With love, distance, heartb...