This Feeling

By Urban_Elle

As a beauty entrepreneur and public figure, Nicole knows how important it is to look good on the outside. She... More

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23

Chapter 13

459 24 0
By Urban_Elle

"I don't want no other b*tch to touch up on my best friend
You show me how it feels when they deserve you and cherish these moments
That's what he wanted
'Cause the difference is, you ain't no f*ck n*gga and I'm feelin' it
I'ma ride out, whip it
Play and I'll flip it
We got forever to go, oh, woah, oh."
Lil Durk ft. Summer Walker "Difference Is"

Nicole

"B*tch, you did that." I said admiring my toned stomach in the mirror. Even with all the weight I lost, my *ss is still big. I have to jump a couple of times to pull my jeans up. I am not buying any jeans in a bigger size because Abercombie is already expensive as hell. At least I don't have to lie down on my bed anymore in order to zip them up.  I promised myself this wouldn't be a big-backed summer. Tre had me training like a beast in the gym, but I really appreciate his help.

I'm currently getting ready to go to Peter's birthday party. He's the CEO of the label Dewayne is a part of. Every year, he has a party and everybody who is somebody in Atlanta always shows up. I think he's turning 42 this year.

The only person I gave a definite answer that I was coming was Dewayne. I didn't want the rest of the crew to make such a big deal about it and it gets out that I'm attending the event. I just want this to be a nice event where I have fun. I don't want the bloggers and paparazzi bombarding me with questions tonight.

The dress I'm wearing tonight is the custom dress I ordered for my birthday shoot which never happened. Every year, I always say I'm going to get pictures professionally done for my birthday, but that never happens. Tae ends up taking them every time even when I look a little raggedy and they turn out cute, so I guess I should just stick with him.

Before I showered, I removed the gauze pad that was taped onto my arm. I had blood drawn today at Quest because I wanted to find out what my blood type was. I know I'm either O or A since those are my parents' blood types. I swear I do some of the most random sh*t when I have nothing to do, but I feel like that information could be useful in the future.

"Leo. Leo, if you jump on me one more time. And stop licking my legs." I laughed, gently pushing him away as I rubbed lotion on my legs.

I got dressed and put my flats on. I grabbed my heels and clutch before going downstairs. As I searched for my keys in the kitchen, there was a knock at my door. I looked through the peephole to see an older man with a suit on.

"Hi."

"Ms. Fletcher?"

"Yes, that's me."

"Mr. White booked me as your driver tonight, so I will drive you to the venue and bring you back home when you're ready." I shook my head, chuckling. Dewayne always got something up his sleeves.

"Okay. Let me grab my stuff real quick."

"Take your time, ma'am."

"Alright, we can go."

"May I say you look lovely this evening?"

"Thank you." He led me to a black Cadillac Escalade. That sh*t was so f*cking sleek. "What's your name?"

"Sam."

"Nice to meet you, Sam."

"It's my pleasure to meet you, Ms. Fletcher."

"You can me Nicole. Ms. Fletcher sounds so formal."

"Yes ma'am."

"Any special requests for the radio?"

"Anything old school." Let me save the booty popping music for the party.

"So good, good lovin' somebody."

"When somebody loves you back." I smiled, singing along.

Sam drove me to the location and there was a long queue of cars, waiting to stop in front of the red carpet. For some reason, I felt my heart pound a little harder. I was feeling nervous. Sam must have noticed the worried look on my face.

"Are you okay?"

"I just haven't been out to a public event in a while."

"I understand. I can circle the block. I got you. Just let me know when you're ready."

"Okay, I appreciate it."

"It's my pleasure."

I took a couple of deep breaths and said a prayer in my heart. I saw people I knew on the sidewalk heading inside the venue. After going around the block for the tenth time, I felt like I was good to go.

"I'm ready."

"Okay." One of the bouncers opened the door for me.

"Thank you. Thank you Sam. I'll call you."

My eyes slightly twitched at the flashing lights, but they adjusted as I posed for pictures.

"Nicole!"

"You look beautiful!"

"Love the dress!"

"Thank you." I waved at some people I recognized as I walked inside. Before I could even scan the room, I was nearly knocked over by Tae as he hugged me.

"We didn't think you were coming."

"I wanted to take y'all by surprise."

"Look who we have here." Peter greeted me.

"Look at you, the man of the hour. Happy birthday P."

Thank you I'm glad you could make it. You look beautiful." He spun me around.

"Thank you. You supported me when I was down. It's only right I reciprocate." I can't count how many flower deliveries I had come to the house when I was stuck in the house and mourning. The ones that P sent actually felt genuine and I really appreciated them because he actually knew Kyle. Even though Kyle was into art and P was into music, they connected. P had a brother who died of brain cancer a couple years ago, so he understood the situation.

"If you need anything, don't hesitate to let me know."

"I will. Enjoy your night."

"Is that my girl Nic?" I turned around to see the talented Teyana.

"TT!"

"You like my red lips? They're courtesy of Remedy."

"I love you girl. You are looking extra good. That body is snatched."

"Thank you."

""Sh*t, if I was Iman, you would get it all night long."

"And I do. I'm glad to see you looking happy and healthy. You overcame the darkness and I'm proud of you."

"Thank you. You ready to have some fun?"

"You already know."

The party was hot. They were good drinks, finger foods, and performances. Ashanti took the stage and cleared as usual. I saw Nelly looking on like a proud boyfriend.

"Rubbing that body on me!" I sang as Tae and I danced together. Suddenly, I felt his back stop moving. I looked at Tae and he was literally frozen in place like he just saw a ghost. I followed his eyes to this guy who was walking in from the entrance. He had a black turtleneck, dark blue velvet suit jacket, and black dress pants. I saw him wink as he continued walking over to P.

"Who is that?"

"Come on." Tae grabbed my arm with swiftness and dragged me outside. He brought us to one of the bushes near the huge fountain. I watched him look around and make sure nobody was close to us.

"What's going on?"

"I am so f*cked and I don't think I can get out of this mess."

"What mess?"

"I might have cheated on Shawn."

"What?" I nearly screamed before Tae covered my mouth.

"Shhh, do you want people to hear you?"

"I can't believe this Tae. When did this happen?"

"It was a couple of weeks ago when I went to Houston for that wedding. I met him at the hotel bar. I don't know what came over me, but I ended up having sex with him. His pink lips, brown eyes, and twists just had me hooked for that one night."

"You are the worst. How are you reminiscing at a time like this?"

"I know, I know."

"So it was that guy who was winking at you?"

"Yes. I just have a feeling he's going to try to talk to me and sh*t will pop off."

"Have you told Shawn?"

"Of course not."

"It's better you tell him before he finds out."

"That's easier said than done. I probably shouldn't. I'll just try to talk to Rashad and make him understand that we should act like anything happened between us."

"Tae, that's not fair to Shawn."

"What do you want me to do?"

"Tell him the truth. You would kill Shawn if he did that to you."

"Well everybody can't be perfect like you Nicole."

"You know what? I'll just mind my business."

"Nicole—."

"You good babe?" Shawn popped up.

"Yeah, I got hot so we came out here. I'm feeling a little sick so I might call it a night. It's okay if you want to stay."

"Nah, we'll go home together. I don't want you home alone if you don't feel well. Let me say bye to some people real quick."

"Okay. I'll wait for you here."

"I hope you what you're doing." I told Tae before walking away.

I need a drink.
*************************************************

Dewayne

"How many drinks would it take you to leave with me?" I nodded my head to the music as Miguel performed.

"Yo Wayne!" I looked up from my drink to see Rashad. He's a cool dude. He's a trainer from Houston that I met when I went over there last summer. "What's up, man?" He dapped me up. I'm not saying gay people look a certain way, but I never thought he was gay until I saw him tonguing down someone at the gym.

"I'm good. When did you come into town?"

"A few days ago. I finally made the move."

"Word? Welcome to the city. How are you liking it so far?"

"It's not bad. Atlanta is really not disappointing with all the eye candy I've been seeing." He gestured towards the ladies who were walking by us.

"Ain't you gay?"

"I like to dibble and dabble with the ladies once in a while."

"Aye, if it works for you, who am I to judge?" I shrugged.

"You know who that is?" I looked over where he was pointing. It was Nicole standing over by the bar.

"Why?"

"Come on. Not only is she beautiful, but that body is shaped like a Coke bottle."

"She doesn't want you, Rashad."

"How you know?"

"That's my best friend."

"Hook me up, bro."

"Nah. You're not her type." He was beginning to annoy the f*ck out of me. I need this conversation to end in the next ten seconds or we're going to have a problem.

"Oh, I get it. You should've just told me that was all you. I'll back off."

"Right."

"I'm going to check out somebody I saw earlier. I'll check with you later."

"Do your thing." I watched him walk into the crowd. I made sure he didn't make any attempt to head over to the bar.

One of the servers came from behind the bar with a tray of about five drinks. When Nicole turned around with her drink in hand, they collided. The entire tray fell on the floor covering the ground with glass and champagne. Nicole's drink splashed onto her face and body. I rushed over there.

"I am so sorry, ma'am." He was scrambling to give Nicole napkins.

"It's okay. I wasn't watching where I was looking."

"Yo, what are you doing? Didn't you see where you going?" I snatched the napkins from him and helped Nicole dry her face off.

"I am so sorry sir."

"Dewayne, it's fine."

"No, he—."

"Let it go. Are you okay?"

"Yes ma'am. I hope you're not hurt."

"No, no. I'm fine. Just find a way to clean this up. Excuse me." She said, giving me a side eye.

"Nicole." I followed her. She ended up going to the restroom and I stood outside the door.

"Look, I'm sorry."

"You don't talk to people like that. For all you know, this could have been his first big gig and he was just nervous. Mistakes happen all the time."

"I know and I'm sorry. You good?"

"Yeah. Now go apologize."

"Nic—."

"If you want us to be cool, go give him a sincere apology. He didn't deserve that from you."

"Okay." I sighed. You can do this, Dewayne. Swallow your pride. I went back into the party and found the server.

"Look man. I didn't mean to yell at you like that."

"It's okay. It was my fault."

"No, it's not. We're both men. It doesn't matter how it looks, we're the same and should respect each other. Your time is coming soon. Just keep working hard."

"Thank you sir." I wrapped my arm around his shoulder and whispered to him.

"Let's try not to let that repeat itself again. Got it?"

"Yes sir."

"Good man." I patted his shoulder.

Nicole and I kept partying. After P made his grand exit, the crowd started dispersing. The crew left and I stepped outside a little buzzed, trying to figure out how I would get home.

I looked to my left to see Nicole waving at Reginae.

"I didn't know you were still here."

"Yeah. I've been catching up with so many people. I was really off the grid."

"I'm sure they understand. You feel like giving me a ride home?"

"I mean you ordered the car."

"True, but you can still say no."

"No." I was a little shocked. "I'm just joking."

"You play too much." Sam pulled up beside us and I opened up the door. "After you."

"Thank you kind sir."

"What's up Sam?"

"I'm good. I hope you two had a good time."

"We did and now my feet hurt." Nicole laughed.

"That's what you get for trying to be cute."

"Shut up."

"Are we dropping Nicole off first?"

"Yeah, but can we make a quick stop at Mickey D's first?"

"Of course."

"Do you want anything Sam?" I asked as we were one car away from the order taker.

"No, thank you. I'm fine."

"You sure? Those fries are smelling real good."

"I guess I could get a deluxe McCrispy combo with a Diet Coke and two chocolate chip cookies."

"I got you man." After about two minutes, I ordered what Sam wanted, a double quarter pounder with cheese combo with a frozen blue raspberry Fanta for me, and a 10 piece McNuggets combo with a Sprite and Oreo McFlurry for Nicole.

"Prom night?" The worker asked at the first window as I handed her my card.

"Oh no. We're too old for that."

"Speak for yourself Dewayne."

"You two have a good night."

"Thank you." At the next window, we grabbed the food. Those fries must have came straight from the fryer because I couldn't even pick them up.

"Let me get some of that." I pointed at Nicole's McFlurry.

"You do this every time." She rolled her eyes and groaned, handing it over.

"Why don't you like sharing with me?"

"Because you never take a little like a normal person. Whenever I get it back, it's almost finished."

"You're right. I'll do better, next time. You see what I deal with Sam?"

"She's right though."

"Wow. Even you?" We all laughed.

When I was finished eating, Nicole still had half of her nuggets left and I took one to help her out. There was a comfortable silence in the car as we drove on the highway. I scrolled through Instagram, checking for any important DMs. I noticed Nicole was staring out the window like something was on her mind.

"You good?"

"Yeah." She placed her head on my shoulder and pulled out her phone to see me some Tiktoks she liked. After thirty minutes, Sam arrived at Nicole's place.

"Let me gather up this trash." I grabbed the bags and empty cups to throw them into Nicole's trash can before going back to the car door. Nicole was grabbing her bag and heels after changing into her sandals.

"Thank you for everything Sam. You're the best."

"You're welcome. Contact me anytime you need a driver."

"I will. Dewayne, you need to move so I can get out."

"I'll carry you inside."

"I can walk."

"Did I say you couldn't? Come on."

"If you drop me, I'll have Sam beat your *ss."

"I got you. Don't worry." I strolled down the walkway with Nicole in my arms. She was really light.

"You can put me down here." She said as I stood in front of her door.

"You sure?"

"Yes." I put her down gently. She fished her keys from her purse and unlocked the door. "Have a good night Dewayne. Well morning."

"You too. I'll call later to check up on you." I hugged her.

"Okay. Get home safe." She waved.

"Bye." I waited until she switched the light on before stepping off the porch.

Tonight was a good night.

*Vote and comment. Thank you 🙏 for reading 📖!*

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

71.7K 4.2K 30
No, you know I cannot hide it 'cause I am so excited ...That I finally decided on you Started: 3.21.23
55.8K 2K 58
Before reading this book please read the first book called Unknown 💛
313K 14.7K 48
Thrown into the bustle of Atlanta after leaving New York, Britney "B" Williams is forced to adapt to a new normal. Not knowing what to expect she uni...
1.8M 72.8K 67
WARNING: If you're too sensitive and overly precise, please do not read. *For drama and street life. *Needs editing. This book was written in 2015.