Bound by Fate (Sesshomaru Lov...

By Silver-Tigress

Do you believe that demons could fall in love?~~ Sakura Shinguji is a princess and Priestess. After her famil... More

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Inuyasha The Movie: Affections Touching Across Time (Special Chapter)
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31: The Woman Who Loved Sesshomaru (Special Chapter, Part 1)
Chapter 32: The Woman Who Loved Sesshomaru (Special Chapter, Part 2)
Inuyasha The Movie: Swords of an Honourable Ruler, Part 1
Inuyasha The Movie: Swords of an Honourable Ruler, Part 2
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 37
Inuyasha The Movie: Fire on the Mystic Island
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
Chapter 44
Chapter 45
Chapter 46
Chapter 47
Chapter 48
Chapter 49
Epilogue

Chapter 36

481 15 1
By Silver-Tigress

Sakura's P. O. V:

It was night as I stand on a hill with Sesshomaru and Karina, overlooking a village set aflame and being pillaged by bandits. Shinobu was back at camp with Rin and Jaken. The bandits cut down the innocent villagers as the buildings burn around them.

Anger boils in my blood at the sight. I wish I could go down and help the villagers, but I couldn't on my own.

Suddenly, one of the bandits jerks their head to us as the others follow their gaze.

A man pulls his bay horse to a stop as they continue to gaze at Sesshomaru, Karina and I in shock.

Without a second glance, Sesshomaru, Karina and I twirl around on our heels and start to leave.

"Hey, you!! Where do you think you're going?!" A bandit shouts as he and his comrades charge up the hill.

I thrust put my hand and purple energy shoots the man right in the chest. Normally I'd be against killing humans but these men have murdered in cold blood and I. Was. Pissed.

I give the rest of the men's comrades a death glare that causes some of them to shrink back as my energy fades. I slowly lower my arm as I turn to follow Sesshomaru away.

"Hey, you! You won't get away!" The leader on the horse roars as he tries to charge at me, causing me to stop short and whip around.

But before I could even draw my sword, a whip of green light lashes out around me in a circle and all the men collapse on the ground, along with their horses.

I glance to my fiancé as he closes his eyes and retracts his light whip.

"Ungai-sama, it's a woman with a demon!" A monk points out. Several others were with him, wearing bamboo umbrella hats and carrying staves. A monk steps forwards and tilts up his hat. He appears older than the others and wears a blue kimono while the other monks wear red ones.

The one named Ungai demands to know as he glares at us, "Are you responsible for this?" Sesshomaru and I don't answer as we turn and start to walk away. "Stop!"

"Why should I?" Asks Sesshomaru uncaringly. "I don't heed humans."

"And I don't have to listen to you," I add. I've heard of these people from my mother, and I really want to get as far away from them as possible.

Ungai calls to me, "You there! You are a priestess, are you not?" We stop as I glance at him with hooded eyes.

"Indeed I am."

"Then you should know how dangerous demons can be. I can see that you're travelling with another demon." His dark eyes flick to Karina.

I say unwaveringly, "I can assure you that neither A-Un nor Karina would ever harm humans. And my fiancé here has protected me more times than I can count." Ungai seems shocked by this. "So I have nothing to fear. Now, if you'll excuse us..."

I grab Sesshomaru's arm and pull him along with me, wanting to get as far away as possible.

I know Sesshomaru would definitely be able to handle himself, but still, I don't want to be involved with these monks...

With a few hand gestures, Ungai sends out a few sacred sutras that seem more powerful than Miroku's, however, they're instantly cut down by my katana before I send out a powerful blast of pink Kenatsu that sends up a dust cloud.

As it does, Sesshomaru envelopes us in his teleportation sphere and we vanish from sight.

As we walk back to camp, my mind keeps wandering back to Ungai and his men.

Sesshomaru asks as he glances at me, "Is something the matter, Sakura-chan?"

I sigh, "It's just,.. that monk... I've heard of him." I flick my gaze to the dog demon, weariness glinting in them. "His name is Ungai and he's the leader of a group of yokai hunters. Those with him were his acolytes. They specialise in hunting demons like yourself and show no mercy. I'm just glad to be away from him, as I didn't want to get involved with Ungai and his men. I'm especially glad we didn't have a confrontation with him."

Sesshomaru wraps his arm around me and pins me against the closest tree. Sesshomaru studies me before asking, "You were that worried about me?"

"I know you can take care of yourself no problem, but I won't stop worrying about you, anyway, Sesshy-kun," I tell him, smiling towards the end.

He smiles back before leaning in to kiss me, closing the space between us. When Sesshomaru pulls back, he says huskily, "You really turn me on when you're strict or furious like that."

"I do?" I ask in feigned surprise as he caresses my cheek. The silverette nods his head. "Then maybe I should be strict all the time...?"

Sesshomaru chuckles and we resume kissing for awhile longer.

I ask after an eternity of kissing, as Sesshomaru moves his lips to the right side of my neck, "Sesshy-kun, when this fight with Naraku is over, will you live with me in Shinguji Castle, or would you travel still?"

Sesshomaru doesn't pause as he buries his face against my neck and says, "I'd follow you anywhere, Sakura-chan." Sesshomaru pulls back and cups my cheek as he adds softly, "You're the only human I'd follow."

My heart skips a beat.

I kiss the dog demon a few more times under the crescent moonlight.

Several heartbeats later, I say as we break the kiss, "We should get back to the others." He nods his head in agreement.

We start walking back. As we do, I decide to sing a song.

"It's been said and done
Every beautiful thought's been already sung
And I guess right now, here's another one
So your melody will play on and on, with the best of 'em
You are beautiful, like a dream come alive, incredible
A centerfold miracle, lyrical
You saved my life again
And I want you to know, baby
I, I love you like a love song, baby
And I keep hitting repeat-peat-peat-peat-peat-peat (oh)
I, I love you like a love song, baby (oh
I, I love you like a love song, baby (oh)
And I keep hitting repeat-peat-peat-peat-peat-peat
Constantly, boy you played through my mind like a symphony
There's no way to describe what you do to me
You just do to me, what you do
And it feels like I've been rescued
I've been set free, I am hypnotized by your destiny
You are magical, lyrical, beautiful
You are, and I want you to know, baby
I, I love you like a love song, baby
And I keep hitting repeat-peat-peat-peat-peat-peat (oh)
I, I love you like a love song, baby
I, I love you like a love song, baby (I love you, I love you, like a love song)
And I keep hitting repeat-peat-peat-peat-peat-peat
No one compares
You stand alone, to every record I own
Music to my heart that's what you are
A song that goes on and on
I, I love you like a love song, baby
I, I love you like a love song, baby (I love you, I love you)
I, I love you like a love song, baby (like a love song, like a love song)
And I keep hitting repeat-peat-peat-peat-peat-peat
I, I love you like a love song, baby (I love you, love song, baby)
I, I love you like a love song, baby (I love you, I love you)
Like a love song"

🗡🗡🗡

"RIN! SHINOBU! RIN, SHINOBU, WHERE ARE YOU?!!" An exhausted Jaken calls through the morning fog when we make it back two days later. He starts to tumble and hits the ground. "Rin, Shinobu...?!"

"Jaken," Sesshomaru says sternly, startling the imp. He whips around and immediately gets on his knees as he bows.

"Oh, Sakura-sama, Sesshomaru-sama! You've returned!" He gushes.

I ask sternly, my eyes narrowed suspiciously, "Did something happen to Shinobu and Rin?"

"Hehe, well... Funny you should mention that..." Jaken trails off as he laughs nervously and raises his head to us. A shadow flashes over my eyes that startles the imp.

Jaken whimpers, "They've vanished, My Lady, My Lord. I think Ongokuki may have abducted them!"

I gasp as my eyes jerk wide with surprise, "Did you just say Ongokuki?!"

I've heard of him.

Jaken explains, "Ongokuki is a demon who lures children to it with the sound of its flute. He takes the children and then sells them to other demons. I heard the sound of its flute just around the time Rin and Shinobu vanished." Jaken bows as my heart pounds in worry and fear but I turn with Sesshomaru to go in search of the children. "M' Lady, Milord! Rest assured, that I will find them even if I need to travel to the end of the E—wait!! Sakura-sama, Sesshomaru-sama!! Wait for m—!" I hear Jaken tripping and face planting the ground as he runs after us. He groans in desperation. "... My position as Minister is growing dimmer by the moment."

I don't say anything as I walk beside Sesshomaru. I was trying to block out any all thoughts of what Ongokuki could do to Shinobu and Rin.

"I will find them." My gaze snaps to my fiancé at this. He glances at me. "I promise you, Sakura-chan, that I will find your little brother and Rin. I've already caught their scents."

Hope flares in my chest at this and I nod silently.

🗡🗡🗡

Sesshomaru and I track Rin and Shinobu down to a cave in a forest clearing and hang back as we see a group of children with Ungai and his acolytes. Karina was with us.

It seems as though we got here just after Ungai exterminated Ongokuki.

One of the children points out that two of them were still inside, and I knew it to be my little brother and my daughter. Ungai cones back out with Rin under his free arm and Shinobu frantically pulling at the old geezer's kimono, the both of them yelling at him.

"Put Rin down, you old geezer!!" Shinobu snaps angrily as he's dragged along by the man's kimono, despite his efforts to stop him.

"Let go of me now!" Rin yells.

The man questions, "Why do you struggle from your saviours?"

A boy in a blue kimono says as he points at Rin and Shinobu, "They told us that bandits were way scarier than demons!"

"What?!" Asks Ungai as he raises his chin. "How could you suggest such a foolish idea?" I narrow my blue eyes at that. "Anyway, you'd never be able to survive alone in these mountains."

Rin shouts indignantly, "Sure I can! I can survive just fine! I can make it on my own!"

Shinobu adds, "Yeah! And she's got me to protect her, too!"

Shinobu gasps and pulls on Ungai's kimono again as he resumes walking and Rin hits her fists against his stomach. Ungai tells them, "I've heard enough from you, stubborn little boy and girl."

"You let her go, Mister!" Shinobu orders, as he stops.

Rin adds, "Just you wait! Mummy and Sesshomaru-sama will come for us!"

"Mummy and Sesshomaru-sama, you say...?" Ungai murmurs curiously,

Rin cries furiously, eyes squeezed tightly shut, "I never wanna go back to a village to live with humans!" Rin snaps her eyes open as tears fly from her eyes. "Mummy! Sesshomaru-sama!"

I clench my fingers into the bark of a tree as my brother adds, "Onee-chan!"

"Please help us!" The children add in unison.

Sesshomaru snaps his eyes open and we whip our heads around. Ungai jerks his head towards us and throws a double bladed knife of gold that explodes upon striking the trees. Sesshomaru shields me by holding up his right arm and when the dust clears, it reveals us before Ungai and his acolytes.

Sesshomaru slowly lowers his arm and there's a death glare on my features. I was furious with the way these so-called yokai hunters were handling my children.

"Sakura!" Shinobu exclaims happily.

Rin murmurs happily, smiling as well, "Sesshomaru-sama, you came for us!"

An acolyte states as he takes a step forward, "They're the same woman and demons we saw the other day."

"Let go!!" Rin and Shinobu demand as they struggle.

Ungai demands as he holds my daughter away from us, an accusing expression in his voice, "What have you done?! Have you bewitched this woman and these young children?"

I want to laugh as Sesshomaru and I stalk forward but I urge Karina to hang back, so I did, but it was a dark laugh. I didn't want her hurt by these monks. "Bewitched? Us? You're sorely mistaken, Monk," I say bitterly. "If you know what's good for you, you'll let my daughter and brother go."

"Ungai-sama!" The acolyte says nervously.

The old man nods his head once wearily. Ungai says fiercely, "This demon's foul aura must be dealt with!" The acolytes begin to run around us. Ungai glances to the children behind him. "Children, hide in the cave until I tell you to come out." They scream with fright before making for the cave.

Around us, the acolytes call out a chant of some kind before throwing sacred sutras. They attach themselves to the dog demon.

Ungai calls, holding out his staff, "Evil demon, BEGONE!!" A bright light is shot at Sesshomaru and hits him head-on. There's a bright flash as the sacred light envelopes Sesshomaru.

"Sesshomaru-sama!!" Shinobu and Rin call fearfully.

As if a half wit spell like that would have any effect on Sesshomaru.

                         🗡🗡🗡

The monk on my left gasps as we stalk forwards, "Master! He's still alive!"

"Be brave, men!" Ungai encourages them. "Immobilise the demon at once."

"Yes, Master," The acolytes chime before they dash around us. Sesshomaru and I keep walking even as the acolytes stop and let out a chant which causes a glowing circle to enclose around Sesshomaru and I. While I could move freely, Sesshomaru halts as a sphere of blue energy envelopes him. Energy crackles around the dog demon who appears to be unfazed.

Ungai spins his staff and slams the butt of it into the earth as he calls, "Evil demon, BEGONE!!"

Like before, a beam of energy is shot at the dog demon but much stronger this time. Sesshomaru growls as he reaches for his sword and narrows his hood eyes.

Ungai grunts in exertion and thrusts two fingers at his staff. The beam intensifies and grows much larger, hitting the dog demon head-on. I hood up my hand and form a strong pink barrier that blocks the blast, shocking Ungai.

Sesshomaru lets out another growl and I glance behind me to see his eyes glowing g blood red. Then his jaws stretch open as Sesshomaru's canines begin showing, his face taking on more dog-like features.

Is he seriously going to transform for this?!

Ungai murmurs, "He's exposing his true self."

As Sesshomaru growls with effort, he raises his right claws and a red aura swirls around him, easily cancelling out the beam of purifying energy.

With another growl, Sesshomaru cancels out the energy attack and destroys the top of the staff and the sutra in Ungai's hand. With a burst of his power, Sesshomaru blows back the acolytes and they cry out as they hit the ground.

A huge dent as been made in the earth around Sesshomaru and I.

Ungai drops to his knees with his face covered on sweat, his hat having fallen off to reveal a bald head. This allows for Rin to crawl free as Shinobu runs up to her and grabs Rin's arm.

Ungai says breathlessly, "I've never seen such terrible power!"

I gaze around and notice that none of the men were dead.

They should count themselves lucky this time.

I snap my gaze forward and smile in immense relief as Shinobu and Rin run up to us. I meet them and scoop the children in my arms, kissing their cheeks.

Karina runs up to us and meows happily at having Shinobu and Rin back with us.

"I was so worried...!" I murmur, squeezing them tightly against me.

Shinobu wheezes out, "S-Sakura? C-Can't breathe...!"

"Oh! Sorry," I say say sheepishly as I release them, but remain kneeling as I hold Shinobu and Rin against me.

Sesshomaru speaks up, "Rin."

"Yes?" She asks, tilting her head.

Sesshomaru offers, "Follow me if you so choose."

I smile after the dog demon as Rin gives a closed eye smile. She agrees instantly, "Yes!"

I release the children and we go to follow after my fiancé but Rin gasps when someone grabs her arm, causing us to whirl to him.

Ungai urges us, "Don't go! He is an evil spirit! He is a demon! Not someone human children should follow."

This old geezer was really getting on my nerves...

"Let me go!" Snaps Rin before she and Shinobu take off running.

Ungai holds out his hand as he calls, "Come back, children! Humans and demons live in different worlds!"

"Wait for me!" Rin calls before pausing.

Ungai presses, "You know I'm right!" He holds out his hand for us. "Now, let's go back!" Rin and Shinobu just laugh as they give the monk a closed eye smile and wave before running off with Sesshomaru and Karina. "Huh...?" Ungai gazes after them in confusion. "Why did they go? Why did they leave with him?"

"Not all demons are evil spirits who feast on humans." The monk snaps his eyes up at my face but my voice is cold. "Yes there are evil demons in this world but there are also good demons, those who fight along with humans to protect those weaker than them. As a yokai hunter, you should learn to discern these differences, or you'd be taking an innocent life."

I turn to follow my companions and catch up to them, walking between Shinobu and Rin.

As I take Shinobu and Rin's hands in mine, I start to sing, a content smile on all our faces. After the first chorus, Shinobu joins in.

🗡🗡🗡

"Rin, Shinobu...!" I hear Jaken groaning in exhaustion as he stumbles over a grassy hill, the sun high in the sky. He looks like he's about to keel over... if his dizzily spinning eyes are anything to go by. Don't tell me he stayed up all night just to try to find the children? "Sakura-sama, Sesshomaru-sama! Sakura-sama, Sesshomaru-sama!"

Jaken wobbles until I say gently, "Jaken." This causes the imp to snap his round, yellow eyes up at us, seeing Karina sitting cutely at my feet.

"Sakura-sama, Sesshomaru!" Jaken cries happily, laughing. "And you too, Shinobu-sama, Rin!" Karina gives a happy meow.

Sesshomaru questions, "Where are Miyu, Seiji and A-Un at?"

Boeing, Jaken says eagerly, "I'll get them! I'll get them right away!" He then scampers off eagerly.

I giggle at his excitement. Rin and Shinobu also giggle as Karina meows.

Rin laughs and runs up to three grace stones. Crouching before one, she asks the dog demon, "I was wondering, Sesshomaru-sama?"

"What is it?" He questions.

"If I died one day," The girl begins before rubbing her finger on the stone in sheepish circles, "I was wondering would you... would you always remember me?"

Sesshomaru and I let out startled gasps, and my gaze softens. That's right. As humans, we don't live as long as demons. We're not immortal, either.

I wonder what prompted Rin to ask that...

Feeling a tug on my kimono, I crouch down to my brother's height. He cups his hand around his mouth to whisper, "Jaken-sama said that we'd be long gone by the time Sesshomaru-sama's empire would be built—even you, onee-chan."

A tick mark briefly pops up on my right temple at this. That stupid imp!

Sesshomaru tells Rin as he looks up at the sky and I straighten, "Don't say such silly things."

"Sesshomaru-sama!" Jaken calls as he returns wit the two headed dragon and horses, flying on A-Un while the horses gallop up to us with their ears pointed forward. As A-Un lands, the imp falls off and lands not so gracefully. He bows. "Ah, here's Seiji, Miyu and A-Un."

As we start to leave, Jaken asks frantically, "Sakura-sama, Sesshomaru-sama, where are you—oh!"

Jaken cries out in pain as I hit the top of his head with the staff and it clatters to the floor. That's what he gets for putting such nonsense into Shinobu and Rin's heads, as well as for having lost them in the first place.

"Do you need to ask?" I say with a sigh.

"We're going to find Naraku!" Sesshomaru finishes.

"Yes, of course you are," Grumbles Jaken as he wipes at his sweaty brow. He looks up at us. "May I come along? I-I mean, if it's not too much trouble or anything..."

Shinobu questions, "Do you need to ask?"

Rin finishes, "Of course you can come, Jaken-sama! Come on!" She and Shinobu run on ahead as Jaken smiles wisely.

"Hold on!!" Jaken laughs as he catches up to the children.

My companions and I resume our search for Naraku, together.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

10.1K 318 22
Kagome's heart has been broken before by a demon. Can she ever trust her heart in the hands of another? An odd relationship with an uncouth youkai gr...
65.5K 1.8K 60
Yumi and Sesshomaru. Sesshomaru and Yumi. They we're two demons destined to be together. Yumi is the leader of the Northern lands, while Sesshomaru o...
50.5K 1.3K 11
Ayoshi Higurashi, daughter of a demon and human. She is a half demon with the ability to become full demon. While being hunted by a demon her mother...
370K 7.5K 47
You are a full blooded dog demon. A female one at that. You have two swords. Shi is the blade of Death, while your other sword, Ha is the blade of da...