𝐬𝐩𝐚𝐫𝐤𝐬 𝐟𝐥𝐲 | q. fabr...

By mayasbitxh

in which the sassy younger hummel and the perfect cheerleader find love in a way they never thought they woul... More

cast
Pilot
Showmance
Acafellas
Preggers
The Rhodes Not Taken
Vitamin D
Mash-Up
Wheels
Ballad
Mattresses
Sectionals
The Power Of Madonna
Home
Bad Reputation
Theatricality
Journey To Regionals
season two cast
Audition
Britney/Brittany
Grilled Cheesus
Duets
Never Been Kissed
The Substitute
Furt
Special Education
The Sue Sylvester Shuffle
Silly Love Songs
Comeback
Blame It On The Alcohol
Sexy
Original Song
Born This Way
Rumors
Prom Queen
New York
season three cast
The Purple Piano Project
I Am Unicorn
Asian F
Pot O Gold
The First Time
Mash Off
I Kissed A Girl
Hold On To Sixteen
What If...?
Michael
Heart
On My Way
Big Brother
Dance With Somebody
Choke
Prom-asaurus
Nationals
Goodbye
season four cast
The New Rachel
Britney 2.0
Makeover
The Break Up
The Role You Were Born To Play
Gleathers
Dynamic Duets
Thanksgiving
Swan Song
Sadie Hawkins
Diva
I Do
Girls (and Boys) on Film
Guilty Pleasures
Shooting Star
Loss of Innocence
All or Nothing
season 5a cast
Love, Love, Love
Tina in the Sky with Diamonds
A Katy or a Gaga
Trio
City of Angels
100
New Directions
season 5b cast
Welcome To New York
Family Dynamic
Bash
Get It Right
You Are In Love
Opening Night
The Back-Up Plan
Old Dog, New Tricks
The Untitled Rachel Berry Project
season six cast
Homecoming
Jagged Little Tapestry
A Wedding
Dreams Come True
thank you

Throwdown

3.6K 133 56
By mayasbitxh

"Ladies' choice, heads," said Sue as she flipped a coin.

Mr. Schue caught it and flipped it over on the back of his hand, sighing and rolling his eyes. "Heads."

"Awesome," said Sue. "Alright. The following students have been selected for a special elite Glee Club called Sue's Kids."

"Hold on," Mr. Schue interrupted. "We agreed not to split up the group."

"Aw, come on, Will. Give me a chance to do things Sue Sylvester's way. Maybe with my proven leadership abilities, I can help this pathetic group of mouth breathers place at sectionals."

"We can't even compete in sectionals if we divide up the club, Sue. It's against the rules."

"Really? You need to crack open a book, William. Here." She tossed a book to Mr. Schue. "I have. Show Choir Rule Book. Page 24. Provision 14. Second addendum. 'Twelve members must perform for each team. However, not all members must perform every song.'"

"Fine. Just go ahead, take all the football players and your Cheerios," he said as he sat down.

"All right, everybody. Listen up. When you hear your name called, cross over to my side of this black, shiny thing."

"That's called a piano, Sue."

"Santana! Wheels! Gay kid! Pretty pink pony! Yes, firestarter, that's you! Come on! Move it!" Sue yelled and Santana, Artie, Kurt, and Julian crossed over to her side of the piano. "Asian! Other Asian. Aretha. And Shaft."

Tina, Mike, Mercedes, and Matt stood up and went over to Sue's side of the room. Adalynn pouted, hating that she and her brother were going to be separated.

"See, Will," said Sue, turning back to Mr. Schue. "I don't want to participate in a group that ignores the needs of minority students."

"You have got to be kidding me," said the curly haired man, standing up.

"I wouldn't kid about this, Will. And maybe that's your problem. Bigotry is no laughing matter."

"And that's how Sue, sees it," Santana smiled, making a C with her hand.

Sue turned and smiled at her. "Outstanding."

****

Adalynn was at her locker when she noticed Rachel down the hall arguing with Jacob Ben Israel. She pursed her lips, wondering what it was the older brunette seemed to be worked up about. She closed her locker and headed over, moving out of the Jewish boy's way as he jogged down the hall.

"What was that all about?" asked Adalynn.

"Jacob's gonna leak Quinn's pregnancy," Rachel whispered.

"What?!" Adalynn shouted, face flushing as students looked in her direction. "I mean, he can't do that," the younger girl said, lowering her voice. "How could he be so cruel?"

"It's JBI, Adalynn," Rachel sighed, shaking her head. "This is what he does. He ruins people's lives. A little piece of advice... don't give him any reason to ruin yours."

Rachel forced a small smile before walking away.

****

Everyone met in the choir room to have a jam session behind Sue's back. Adalynn found herself forgetting about all the drama as she danced with Tina and Bailey, laughing as they made up ridiculous dance moves.

"I miss us all being together," Rachel said when the song was over.

"I hope we don't get in trouble for our covert jam session," Artie laughed.

"If Sue catches us mingling, we're cooked," said Julian.

"She told me if I even talked to one of Mr. Schue's kids, she would shave my head," Kurt added.

"Yeah, you definitely can't rock that look," Adalynn teased. "You'd look like a bald Cabbage Patch Kid."

Everybody laughed as Kurt stared at his sister with an unamused look, a small smile creeping onto his face as she showed him a picture of him as a Cabbage Patch Kid.

"We gotta go, you guys," said Mercedes. "Ms. Sylvester is expecting us in 10 minutes in the dance studio."

Adalynn pouted as Kurt gave her a hug before leaving the choir room. The younger girl sat down in the back next to Bailey, who handed her a few skittles.

"Bye, idiots," Julian called over his shoulder as he headed to the door.

"Bye, white people," Artie added, sending a smile over his shoulder to his friends.

"Hey!" Mr. Schue smiled as he came into the room. "What are you guys doing here?"

"Just s-s-stopping by to say hello," said Tina.

"Ah, it's great to see you guys," the teacher sighed as they left the room. He picked up some sheet music from the piano and started handing it out. "Great news guys. I brought the band with me, and we have our number for sectionals."

"Mr. Schue?" Rachel asked. "We don't like what this has become."

"I'm so sad about being separated from all my friends that I didn't even beg Kurt to take me to the Lima Bean for coffee before school today," Adalynn mumbled.

"What about me?" Bailey asked with a small pout.

"I'm sad about being separated from all my friends except you," the brunette corrected. "And I really want coffee."

"Don't you guys see?" Mr. Schue asked. "That's how Sue wants you to feel."

"Then that bitch can buy me coffee," Adalynn muttered just loud enough for Bailey and Brittany to hear.

"I can take you to get some after school," the older Pierce offered.

"Really?"

"Yeah, of course," Brittany smiled.

"Giving up doesn't help anyone but her," Mr. Schue continued, trying to get back on track. "If it were up to me, we would all perform together at sectionals. But it's not up to me anymore, okay? Sue's going to do her song, and we are going to do ours. Sue's kids are singing about hate, literally. So, I thought we would try a kinder approach. Finn and Rachel are going to take the leads."

"I love this song," Rachel smiled as she looked over the sheet music. "Okay, follow my lead."

"So much for togetherness," Quinn scoffed.

"Guys, you really need to practice this," Mr. Schue said, ignoring the head Cheerio. "Night and day, between classes. It has to be letter perfect."

"You got it, Mr. S," Finn smiled. "Hit it."

"Amazing, guys," Mr. Schue praised when the song was over. "Bull's eye."

"Excuse me," Quinn spoke up, anger and annoyance in her voice. "What about us? You expect us to just sway back here like props?"

"Quinn..." Mr. Schue sighed. "I know what I'm doing."

"Bull crap," Adalynn muttered.

"I think Sue's right about him," Quinn said, turning back to Puck, Brittany, Bailey, and Adalynn. "He clearly doesn't like minorities."

"How are we minorities?" Bailey asked confusedly.

"We're under 18," Brittany shrugged.

****

Adalynn sat in between Kurt and Julian in the audience of the auditorium with the rest of Sue's Kids, leaving just Quinn, Rachel, and Finn with Mr. Schue's group.

"We would just like to say that although we find ourselves on opposite sides, we hope you enjoy our number and we look forward to seeing-"

"Get on with it!" Sue yelled, interrupting Rachel. "Enough with the jibber-jabber. Sing something!"

"Sue, you can't talk to kids that way," said Mr. Schue.

Rachel exchanged a look with Finn before singing the first notes of the song.

"Alright, that's it. Come on," said Sue, interrupting the number. "She had her chance. Everybody up. We're leaving."

"I'm sorry, is there a fire?" Finn asked as everyone stood up to leave.

"No, and that's the point. There is no fire." Sue walked over to where Mr. Schue was. "You know, it's sad enough that my Sue's Kids are living in squalor and probably on food stamps-"

"My dad's a dentist," Mercedes said confusedly.

"But for you to drag them in here and bore them to death? I won't stand for it." Sue turned back to the group of teens. "Come on kids, out. We're going for Coneys. My treat."

"All right, that's it!" Mr. Schue yelled, throwing down his binder.

From her spot on stage, Quinn noticed how Adalynn seemed to tense up at the sudden outburst from their teacher.

"You know what, Sue? You've been pretty honest about your feelings for me so let me return the favor. You're rude, Sue. You have no class, and you are a terrible teacher!"

"I'll have you know I have my Ph.D," Sue said, stepping closer to Mr. Schue.

"You got it online, Sue!"

"You are a failed performer, Will! You weren't good enough to make it in the real world. You're not even good enough to run this stupid little club that nobody cares about! Time after time, Will, you fail!"

"You spend every waking moment of your life figuring out ways to terrify children to try to make you feel better about yourself and the fact that you're probably going to spend the rest of your life alone!"

"How dare you talk to me like that!"

"Don't you even-"

"Don't you point your finger at me!"

Adalynn sucked in a sharp breath. These were her teachers. They're supposed to be role models. For them to yell at each other in front of their students wasn't right.

"Enough!" Finn yelled. "I'm sorry, Mr, Schue, Ms. Sylvester, but if we wanted to hear Mom and Dad fight, those of us who still have two parents would just stay home on payday."

Adalynn felt tears filling her eyes as she turned to Kurt and wrapped her arms around his neck, burring her face in the crook. She missed her mom, and she wished she was here.

"Glee Club is supposed to be fun," said Mercedes. "And furthermore, I don't like this minority business. I may be a strong, proud, black woman, but I'm a lot more than that. I'm out."

"M-me too," said Tina, following Mercedes.

"Let's go, Ada," Kurt said softly to his sister. He took her hand and they followed Tina and Mercedes.

"Fellow Glee Clubbers, it would be an honor to show you how a real storm out is done," said Rachel. "I encourage you to follow my lead."

****

Adalynn was sitting on the bleachers outside. After the events of the day before, she wasn't sure if she'd be able to go back to Glee Club.

"Hey."

She looked up and saw Quinn sit down next to her.

"You okay?" the cheerleader asked. "You seemed a little freaked out during Glee Club yesterday."

"It was just scary seeing Sue and Mr. Sponge Hair yelling and getting violent with one another," Adalynn mumbled. "It wasn't because of PTSD or anything like that, so there's no reason to be worried about me. I haven't been abused. I just... I really just don't like it when people fight."

"You're not as tough as you pretend to be," Quinn said gently. "Are you?"

"Not at all. I just act like I am so people don't see the real me."

"And who is that? The real you?"

"A coffee addict," Adalynn said, getting a chuckle from Quinn. "What else? Um... I really love dogs. And bunnies. All animals, really. I really love acting, and it would be really cool to be on Broadway or something. And... uh..." Adalynn trailed off, getting distracted by the caring look in the older girl's eyes. "I love... y-yellow. The color yellow. You know, sunshine, a-and everything."

"You're adorable," Quinn smiled softly. "Come to Glee Club with me. I miss seeing you in the choir room. It's not the same without you."

"Okay."

Quinn stood up and reached a hand out to Adalynn, who took it, and the two headed to the choir room. A little while later. Mr. Schue came in and apologized to everyone.

"The fact is," said Mr. Schue. "Sue was right to shine a light on the fact that you kids are minorities. Because you're all minorities. You're in the Glee Club. Now, there are only 15 of you. And all you have is each other. So it doesn't matter that Rachel is Jewish, or that Finn is-"

"Unable to tell my rights from my lefts," Finn said, finishing the sentence.

"Sure," Mr. Schue laughed. "Or that Santana is Latina. Or that Quinn is-"

"Is pregnant," said Sue. "Sorry, Q. It'll be all over the blogosphere by this afternoon. Now everybody knows. Including me."

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

15K 841 18
Quinn Fabray needs someone to confide in, and Sanique Banks just so happens to be an amazing listener. [quinn fabray x fem!oc] [s1-?]
269K 8.1K 82
in which the feisty foster kid and the bitchy latina find themselves feeling things they never thought they would. and it all started because of glee...
1.8K 89 3
[Ongoing, only marked as completed so Wattpad won't delete it] In which the bad girl and the popular cheerleader deny their feelings for each other. ...