Nova

By julesNI

Sixteen year old Nova is ready to see what life has to offer. Her family isn't ready to let her go yet. Secre... More

Introducing the Stars
Positive results
Family my ass
What a start
A double life?
Indeed a double life
Avoidance
-L-O-V-E-
Reality check
Hard blow
Apologies
Ended up with a family reunion
Dinner
Misconceptions
"Well. We're never doing this again."
Ball of lies
The past
Curiosity killed the cat
Let go
Get away
Block or ignore?
And we love you
Lost for words
I think I am ready
Why I left
That bullshit won't work
Man to man? Wow, you're a man now!
AN

Bitter sweet

2.7K 88 2
By julesNI

"This place is starting to get cramped, let's get to the beach!" One of the old football players yelled. Him and some others had taken a few shots and gotten bored by the talking the rest of us where doing.

By some others I mean everyone. This restaurant is the only one that sell alcohol to eighteen-year-olds. It has a European theme. Not sure if they're serving alcohol legally since you have to be twenty-one in the US, but who am I to complain. I get free shots from my eighteen-year-old boyfriend. Perks.

When I stood up I could feel the the three shots I just downed going straight to my head. Again, not complaining. I love the feeling.

I feel so more carefree and everything is so much fun. I talk to people I have never talked to before, everyone just seems so much nicer.

Walking down the the street with my hand in Alex's hand I can't help but feel so happy. Don't think I've ever felt this kind of happiness before. Is this what it feels like to be in love?

Looking at my boyfriend. I think it is. I'm in love.

"Ehhh, Nova. I'm so sorry to ruin it for you two. But I think we're about pass your family." Sara was definitely drunk, but she somehow managed to say all that in a way I understood, without slurring. I'm impressed!

Well not important. The three of us stoped immediately. We ran into a nearby corner. We where about to pass the fancy restaurant the rest of my family was going to. It was a big line to get in. In the line stood all five of my brothers and my parents.

My two oldest brothers had changed a lot. They where both pretty fit, and held themselves up with confidence. Guess I'm not the only one who has changed a lot in twelve years.

While watching them laughing and having fun with each other I couldn't help but feel kind of left out to be honest. I knew I had said I was fine and that I didn't care. But I actually did.

Surprisingly beside my family stood-

"Are that my parents? And sister? What are they doing there?" Alex asked surprised. Yes, why where they there?

"Looks like you're not the only one to not get an invite to the family festivities." He muttered. I squeezed our intertwined hands a little, trying to comfort him. He brushed it away and a neutral look overtook his face.

"What are we gonna do? We aren't exactly keeping it low. There is fifty teenagers talking loudly and it's clear that at least half of us have been drinking." I said frustrated.

"I thi... I think we'll just have to wait here until they get in. They can't see us here, can they?" Alex slurred. Laying pressure on the most unpractical letters.

I just looked at him weirdly. Was he trying to be funny? He didn't drink that much, did he?

"No, I don't think so. Oh shit, dad is picking up his phone." Dad's eyes had landed on the big crowd of teenagers that was nearing them. I could see dad eyeing them skeptically.

"Shit so is my mom. We can't answer them now, they'll hear all the commotion." Alex was quick to sober up, still slurred a little but not much.

Just as he said that both of our phones lit up. They were calling us. Not even a second later, both our screens lit up with a message.

'Are you still out? Can you call me when you see this?' -Alexander's mom.

'You better not be one of the teenagers heading down to the beach through the Main Street. Call me as soon as you see this.' You guessed right, my dad.

Alex grimaced at the text I got from my dad, clearly knowing that my dad could never know I was a part of the big, drunk teenager crowd.

Looking back at the line my family were in, they still hadn't moved. We continued to hide behind a corner so they wouldn't see us, but we could see them clearly.

"Seems like we're gonna be stuck for a while." Alex sight. He wrapped his arms around me. I looked up at him and gave him a small smile.

"Technically, you guys are stuck, I'm free to go." Sara chimed in. She was actually on her way to leave us when Alex grabbed and pulled her back towards us.

"Are you stupid or something? Every single one of them know you. What do you think they're gonna do when they see you? Let you go? Of course not! They're gonna find out and be mad at all three of us. You're staying." He said sternly. I like when he gets stern.

I looked at him as I bit my lip.

"Eww Nova please. Stop that." Sara saw me. Alex just smirked holding me tighter.

They still hadn't moved. It was now 9.05 pm. If I remember correctly they had reserved a table at 9.00 pm. Which means that they should be in any moment now.

Just as I thought that someone that seemed like a waitress came towards them. She went up to Vulcan and they talked. The waitress seemed sorry for something, while Vulcan seemed disappointed. Before I knew it they all left the line and placed them self on curb next to the line. They closed the door to the restaurant. It didn't seem like they got in.

"You have got to be kidding me! Now they're going to discuss what they're going to do instead and we are stuck in this corner for twenty more minutes. Fuck." Alex threw his head backwards in frustration. I feel you. I turned away from my family, seeing if there was an other way out of this corner.

"I didn't know your sister where so close with Nova's brother Alex." Sara pointed out, out of know where.

"With Hunter? I think they're best friends. Why?" Alex was thinking the same as me. Hoping to find a way out of this corner.

"No, not Hunter. With Caelum." She said.

I think I got a whiplash with how fast my head turned to look at them again.

True to Sara's words there they stood. Openly in front of both mine and Alexander's family, Kissing. They smiled all lovey dovey at each other, just like me and Alex. It's just with them it felt like a betrayal.

"I'll promise you that if I ever get a girlfriend, you'll be the first person to know"

Guess the fuck not. Whole of Seattle got to know it before I did.

"Disgusting." Alex huffed beside me. He knew about it. I had come to school all happy today, despite the fact that my two eldest brothers where coming home.

And the one thing that made my morning better was the promise from my brother. It made me feel special. I had told Alex about it. He seemed just as excited as me. And now he seemed just as disappointed.

"Yeah." I agreed, my voice quivering. "I want to go home." Tears made their way down my face.

"Okay, we'll go. If we walk back the same way we came, they shouldn't be able to recognize us." Alex said.

And so we did we walked away from them. Luckily they didn't pay us any attention.

.....

After convincing both Sara and Alex that I was fine, they finally left me alone. All I wanted to do was cry, but I decided that it wasn't worth it. Instead I made myself a bowl of sweets. It was just past 10pm and I had no plans on going to sleep this early.

I decided to have a move night with the only person I can trust not to lie to me. Myself.

The TV in the living room had been broken for a while and the big windows still gave me the creeps when it was dark.

I didn't want to spend much of my awakening time in the disgusting pink room so those rooms where out of the question.

Phoenix would probably feel bad if he has to ask my to leave his room, and that makes me feel bad.

Hunter does not have anything other than his PlayStation, that I have been instructed to not even look at.

Caelum would be a perfect candidate before tonight. Nothing more to say about that

Orion nor Vulcan had a TV in their rooms.

Which only leaves mom and dads room. They have a big screen and a super comfortable bed. Don't know why I didn't think of it first.

I made my way to the familiar room. It had always been a safe place. The monsters who was lurking in the dark never came in here, nor to any of my brothers room. Monsters works in mysterious ways.

I jumped on the big bed, making myself comfortable under the covers on my mom's side of the bed. I turned on the TV and clicked on Netflix. They had just gotten the newest season of Outlander. My favorite series at the moment, and I was planning to binge it all.

After watching five episodes I checked the time. It was 2.30 am. Just as I wondered why no one was home yet I heard the floor outside the bedroom squeak.

The handle to the door turned. My mom snuck in, swaying a little as she tried to be quiet. She held the high heels she had been wearing in her hand as she carefully leaned against the now closet door smiling a little and shaking her head. She had obviously had a lot to drink.
She frowned at the light that was on, then at the TV. It took her a few more seconds to register me sitting there.

"God, Nova! You scared me." Her hand going to her chest. I just smiled at her. She tried her best to pull herself together and pretend to be sober for me.

"You're drunk." I smirked at her. She walked towards the bathroom probably to remove her makeup.

"I am not-" She didn't get to finish her sentence when she stumbled a little over her own feet. "Drunk" she finished.

I gave her an amused smile.

"Okay, maybe I'm a little drunk. But this is nothing compared to the boys downstairs." She excused. That would be fun to see.

After mom finished removing her makeup, and had dressed in something a little more comfortable, she climbed up in bed with me. She got under the same cover and let me cuddle up against her. My head on her chest. She started to softly run her fingers down my back.

"What are you watching?" Mom asked nodding towards the TV.

"Nothing special, you can turn it of if you want." A loud yawn escaped my lips.

"You can sleep. I'm going t-" Then a loud crash was heard, followed by silence.
I sat up, so did mom.

We where both out of bed quicker than ever, running towards the living-room where the noice came from.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

Unravelling By wee_me

General Fiction

455K 15K 63
Lily is happy with her life. She has a unique family that she can rely on as well as four great friends who support her - and vice versa. She doesn't...
1.8M 45.6K 64
What happens when a mother and father get a divorce leaving their seven children heart broken and seperated from one another. When the father receive...
197K 8.6K 52
A bet. A tape. A betrayal. Two years ago everything crumbled in Nova Jensen's perfect world after trusting her heart to the wrong person only to find...
829 11 28
354 years after the most devstating chemical war destroyed most of the earth and living matter on it, the world has almost finished healing, but that...