Butterflies and Puppets

By Kimmi369

Mayumi Inuzuka. She's not really an Inuzuka but Tsume pretty much has raised her best friends daughter. Mayum... More

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
Chapter 44
Chapter 45
Chapter 46
Chapter 47
Chapter 48
Chapter 49
Chapter 50
Chapter 51
Chapter 52
Chapter 53
Chapter 54
Chapter 55
Chapter 56
Chapter 57
Chapter 58
Chapter 59
Chapter 60

Chapter 41

38 1 0
By Kimmi369

I have trash bags of old clothes of mine at the door waiting for Ryota and Buyuu to pick them up and donate them. Kiba has been coming by twice a day to throw out the trash, and getting more cleaning supplies.

"Mayumi, we've cleaned everything except one room. Why is that?" Sota asks scrubbing the floor while i vigorously scrub when I pause.

"I'm not ready for that room yet." I say, the first time I have spoken more than two words in awhile I felt my voice struggle trying to even say anything.

He looks at me hard before he speaks. "After this how about we hit the training grounds?"

I look at him then I scrub harder on my floors. When we finish scrubbing I put my cleaning supplies up and grab my weapons pouch and sword. Sota looks at me with an eyebrow raised in confusion.

"You said when we were done we'd go to the training grounds"

"Yes, but first, you need to find Asuma. Find him first, and I'll meet you there. I gotta couple things to do first."

I hesitate then nod my head as we leave my home.

I search everywhere for Asuma until I feel an unwelcoming presence. I rush off and see Kureani, Asuma and Kakashi standing outside of a little tea restaurant.

"What are you doing here?" Asuma says to Kakashi.

"While I'm here to buy offerings, I've made plans to meet here." Kakashi says only moving his eye to show them who's inside. "With Sauske."

"Huh, it's rare that you wait for people." Asuma comments. I try to lean in closer to hear until Sauske walks up.

"Kakashi, it's strange for you to be here first." Sauske states suprised.

I watch at the two Akutsuki members retreat out of the tea house and I follow them behind Asuma and Kurenai hiding myself. I've heard about them, kinda want to see what they are all cracked up to be.

"You guys are not  from the village, why in the world did you come?" Asuma demands.

"I haven't seen you for a while, Asuma, Kurenai."  The shorter one states.

"If you know about us are you former Leaf Shinobi?" Asuma asks.

One of the lifts their bamboo hat up slowly and the two Jonin gasp.

"You!" Kurenai says as he takes his hat off and undoes his cloak.

"It really is you. Itachi Uchiha." Asuma says as my eyes go wide. Uchiha?!

"You are acquaintances of Itachi?" The taller man asks taking off his hat. "If so, I'll introduce myself as well."

"I'm Kisame Hoshigaki. Hereafter, I hope to be familiar with you."

"Never mind later, I'm going to beat you now!" Asuma says smirking.

"Itachi." Kiseme says. "It seems you're pretty unpopular in the village too."

"I know you too, Kiseme Hoshigaki. Originally of the Hidden Village of the Mist." Kureani states. "Suspected of national covert activities and killing of a feudal lord. A Rogue ninja from Land of Water on the wanted list in all nations." I look at him and notice his sword on his back, what is that? Shark skin?

"You're a major S-rank criminal listed in the Bingo Book." Asuma says. "Itachi you have some nerve coming back to this village after causing that awful incident."

"Asuma...Kurenai. Don't interfere with me. I don't intend to kill you." Itachi says in a monotone voice.

"That's not a line for you, who killed your comrades. I know there's no way you'd come here without any cleaner purpose in those suspicious cloaks. What are you after?" Asuma states.

Kiseme draws out his sword. "This guy is getting pretty annoying. Should we kill him?"

"It doesn't look like we can leave this village smoothly. But don't overdo it, your techniques tend to stand out." Itachi says.

"They're done for then." Kiseme states.

I watch Asuma take on Kiseme and Kurenai takes Itachi. Kiseme cuts Asuma's arm. And Kurenai using Genjutsu on Itachi. All of a sudden Kurenai is trapped onto the tree that Itachi was. "Genjutsu that level doesn't work on me." Itachi states as he attacks Kurenai and kicks her into the water.

"But, this is as far as it goes for you." Kakashi says to Itachi and a clone that copied Kiseme in front of Asuma.

"I asked you to take care of them earlier, but I felt uneasy you know. Mayumi, why are you here?" Kakashi asks, I step out from behind the tree.

"I was trying to find Asuma." I say crossing my arms getting a better look at Itachi.

"Mayumi! You shouldn't be here!" Asuma shouts as he looks over at me. "Leave!" Kiseme quickly charges at me with his sword and I quickly match his speed and blocks his sword.

"That was some speed, some good strength for another opponent but, good stance, but doesn't look like you have enough strength for me though." He says pushing me back with his sword and I flip and swing my sword and cut his cheek. "You will be great one day with that, you managed to lay a small hit in me." He comments I just stand there staring at him. Is he seriously complementing me?

"This is a surprise." Kiseme says. "No wonder you copied my Jutsu. So there really is a fellow besides Itachi who has that eye. You're name is Kakashi, the Copy Ninja isn't it?"

"I'm the one who was suprised. I saw strange people in the tea house and wondered who they were. I see, you're one of the 'Seven Ninja Swordsmen of the Mist'." Kakashi states.

I look at him wide eyed almost intrigued by this. Seven swords men?! I've always wanted to learn from them!

"Looks like I caught an interest of your student there Kakashi." Kiseme says looking over to me.

"She's smarter than that." Asuma says as I don't take my eyes off Kiseme.

"That sword you have is Shark's Skin isn't it?" Kakashi asks, I knew I was right.

"I've heard Zabuza had it out with you?" Kiseme says laughing.

"Yeah." Kakashi says Kiseme looks at him angry, bringing his sword out in front of him.

"You are someone who well worth lopping off."

"Kiseme, stop it." Itachi says looking at me then back at Kiseme. "If you were to go at it with that man, it won't end without a cost. Don't lose sight of the goal, you didn't come here to get injured!"

"Let me hear that 'goal' then." I ask taking a step closer.

"Just came to find something we're looking for."

"The thing you're looking for, was it your dreams? Because those have been lost for a long time." I mutter.

"Mayumi, now is not the time." Asuma says sternly, I don't think I've ever heard him talk to anybody like that.

"Bold little girl aren't you?" Kiseme says smiling at me.

"I'm different from Kiseme, I don't take my time." Itachi says looking over to Kakashi. Looks like me and shark man have more in common than I thought.

Kakashi forms hand signs and so does Itachi. Before they know it Itachi stabs Kakashi in the back making everyone gasp.

"As shadow clone?! His Jutsu is too fast!" Kurenai says.

"A water clone?!" Kiseme says and Kakashi disappears.

"Get down Kurenai!" Kakashi says grabbing Kureani out of the way before an explosion in the water.

"Kakashi! kurenai!" Asuma shouts.

"He made the shadow clone body explode?!" I say in shock rushing over.

"Don't lower your guard." Kakashi states. "He's the guy who became a division chief of the ANBU at 13." I stiffen at his words, I forgot all about that and he murder his entire clan.

"To think he's this powerful." says Asuma.

"No, you haven't seen this guys strength yet."

"I didn't expect that you who are not a member of the Uchiha clan would have mastered the sharingan to that extent. But your body isn't the 'Uchiha Clan' body that goes with the eye. There's a reason why the Uchiha Clan was deemed the strongest and feared. I'll demonstrate the true strength of Sharingan the Kekkei Genkai!"

"This can't be!" Kakashi shouts. "The three of you! Don't look at his eyes!"

Asuma and Kurenai close their eyes and I hesitate but close mine.

"Only people with Sharingan can have a go with that technique."

"Indeed the Sharingan, you can resist the Mangeko Sharingan to a certain extent. However this special Visual Jutsu of Sharingan, Genjutsu: Tsukuyomi, Nightmare Realm is unbreakable. The only person who can bring me down is someone using the same Kekkei Genkai. A Sharingan User." Itachi explains.

They hear Kakashi fall after a few moments.

"Kakashi!" I shout opening my eyes quickly blinking them to red.

"No! Close your eyes Mayumi!"

"What's going on Kakashi!" Kurenai asks.

"How long we're you in there Kakashi?" I ask crouching next to him. I've read up on some of the Sharingan, because it's such a rare kekkei genkei.

"Three days in the world is less than a moment in the actual world Huh" Kakashi says.

"Whoa, to take that Jutsu worth out causing his spirit to collapse. But Itachi, it's also dangerous to overuse those eyes."

"I know that you two aren't the only ones on the move. The name of your organization is the Akatsuki right?" I ask stepping in front of Kakashi.

Everyone freezes for a moment. Itachi looks at me. I'm not backing down, that's not me.

"Kiseme, we'll take Kakashi, erase the other three." Itachi says as Kiseme runs at us. Before we know it we hear Gai shout and kicks Kiseme away.

"Who are you?" Kiseme asks.

"The Leaf's noble blue fierce animal Mighty Gai!" He says smiling.

"What a sight, shouldn't you be called a strange beast?" Says Kiseme, agreed Shark man.

"Don't underestimate that guy." Itachi says Gai turns around and sees Kakashi falling over into the water.

"He did this to Kakashi?" Asks Gai.

"Don't look at Itachi's eyes Gai! You'll be caught up in his Jutsu!" Asuma shouts.

"I know that already! In order to fight Kakashi I learned ways to battle the Sharingan. As for Mayumi, your staring right into his eyes. You need to look away!" Gai states.

I turn to Gai with my red eyes. "I also have a Kekkei Genkai, Gai, incase you forgot." I smile at him then turn back to Itachi.

He looks at me. "You chose wrong today little one."

"Mayumi!"

"Don't look at his eyes both of you!" Gai shouts at Asuma and Kurenai. "Look at his feet!"

"I guess I could give you the same treatment as I did as Kakashi." Itachi states.

"You can try." I taunt.

Me and Itachi stand there for what seems forever.

"What's going on?" Asuma asks. I smile at Itachi.

"Itachi?" Kiseme says.

"Kiseme... pull the plug." Itachi states.

"What did she do? Why is she still standing there?" Kiseme questions.

"Exactly. We did nothing." I say smiling at him.

"Let's go Kiseme." Itachi says.

"You! Little girl." Kiseme says pointing his sword at me. "If you ever want to learn Kenjutsu, the right way. I hope the next time I see you, you'll take my offer. I would hate to have to kill a good Kenjutsu user." He says as they leave.

"Mayumi. What the hell was that?" Asuma says as I look at where Kiseme was standing. One of the Sevenswordsmen huh? "Mayumi?"

I turn to Asuma. "I told you before, I can't get caught in a Genjutsu." I look back to where Kiseme was standing.

"Why did you follow me?" Asuma asks walking up to me.

"Sota told me you were looking for me." I say crossing my arms.

He rubs the back of his neck nervously. "Uhh, oh yeah, never mind about it."

I let out a sigh. " well then, I'm going home."

"Mayumi, let's not talk about this to anyone okay?" Gai says. I nod my head then rush off.

🦋Time Skip🦋

"What are you thinking Mayumi?" Sota questions as he turns around to see me crouched up in a tree.

"So, you finally came out." Buyuu says dodging a kick from Ryota.

"Honestly, nothing." I say jumping down from my tree eating an apple.

"Are you ready for a mission now?" Sota asks, I just  shrug my shoulders. "Good. We leave in an hour." He says as he starts to walk away.

"Where are we going?" I ask he turns to me. "The Sand Village." He answers, I pause.

"Nah, I'll just stay here." I say walking away.

"Suit yourself." Sota says walking off with Ryota. Buyuu pauses for a moment watching me walk off then continue to follow the rest of our team.

I continue to walk through the Village and stand in front of the Hokage's building where I jump up onto the window seal and sit, since it's open. "Lady Tsunade?" I say softly.

Lady Tsunade jumps and papers go flying everywhere. "What the hell!" She shouts trying to gather her papers back. "Who the hell are you?!"

I sweat drop as I look upon the clearly tired and overworked new Hokage. "Mayumi Sarutobi Inuzuka, M'lady." I dip my head slightly. Maybe try and make a good impression?

Lady Tsunade pauses and looks over at me. "So you're the granddaughter of the Third?"

"Yes I am."

"Huh, I expected you to be.. more."

My eye twitches. "What do you mean by that?"

"I've heard a lot about you. You lost your parents. You grew up pretty much alone. Your father beat you constantly while when you were younger you asked your grandfather to block memories, so Asuma did it for him. There are still memories blocked out of yours. Tsume Inuzuka took care of you a lot, and you hang out a lot with Naruto and Kiba. You're on team 0. Sota is your teacher. But what fascinates me the most Mayumi. Is that you are a Wind user and a Kenjutsu User also. Even more so, your Kekkei Genkai of the Ketsurygan and Fujutsu."

"It's not that special." I shrug my shoulders.

"Oh but it is Mayumi. You don't understand how rare Fujutsu and Ketsurygan really are. Only a handful know how to use each, if even that. Plus, to be able to do both, is amazing." Lady Tsunade sees that I  shift from being uncomfortable about talking about myself. "Anyway. I don't know if you have heard the Leaf Village and the Sand Village have become allies once again."

"Yeah how does that just happen?" I say through gritted teeth.

"So you haven't heard of anything then." Lady Tsunade says leaning back into her seat. "Well, Orochimaru killed the Kazekage."

"He what!"

"Hush! He killed the Kazekage and fooled everybody into thinking he was the Kazekage."

"I knew there was something going on in the Sand Village that day."

Tsunade nods. "Yes, Kumiko explained that to me. So when the attack happened that day the entire Sand Village was following Orochimaru's orders."

"Wait! That means The Sand Village is nothing to worry about!" I jump up. How could I be so blind? Kumiko told me about I guess it never registered in my cloudy brain.

"That's right. Your team is going there to talk to them. They currently don't have a Kage, just the council. Plus, I think you have someone you need to talk too."

I look at her confused then blush and turn ready to jump out the window. "I don't know what you're talking about old lady!"

"You little-!" Tsunade shouts as I jump off.

Im rushing to the entrance of the Village when I see team 0 about to leave.

"Wait!" I shout trying to catch up to them.

They all stop and look behind them.

"Yeah!" Ryota shouts smiling punching the air.

"I knew you'd join us!" Buyuu smiles.

Sota nods happy that I'm is joining them.

"It's not a badass team if the number one badass girl if not there!" I say with my hands on my hips smiling.

🍃🦋🍃

Just wanted to give a shout for the one person who's been voting littlediana39 💙 thank you for reading and voting is makes it at lot easier to keep going with this story! And I really hope you're enjoying it!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

10K 400 32
"Love is what you feel towards me..." Gaara repeated, he looked at me with wide eyes. I sighed and nodded. "Then love must be what I feel towards yo...
7.1K 165 18
One incident, just one small incident changed Naruto's point of view. He realised that he doesn't likes Sakura anymore. Instead he slowly started to...
3.9K 156 20
Mizuki hyuga was born in the sand village and her parents died when she was 4 years old Her parents usually talked about how cool and amazing the vil...
79.3K 2.1K 44
You are from the (l/n) clan a very powerful and very well respect clan well it was until it's downfall and every clan member killed in cold blood Wel...