An Affair To Remember

By Megabucks

When PerkyGrrl and Blueyez met online, it wasn't long before they developed a digital bond. So, why is it wh... More

Sleep is a Symptom of Caffeine Deprivation (Two)
I Like My Coffee Like My Women: Hot, Strong, Steamy (Three)
Behind Every Successful Woman is a Substantial Amount of Coffee (Four)
DEJA BREW: The Feeling You've Had This Coffee Before (Five)
No Questions Until I've had My Second Cup of Coffee (Six)
Decaffeinated Coffee is Kind of Like Kissing Your Sister (Seven)
Coffee Has Two Virtues: It's Wet and Warm (Eight)
Coffee: Puts One to Sleep When Not Drank (Nine)
I Orchestrate My Mornings to the Tune of Coffee (Ten)
I'd Stop Drinking Coffee, But I'm No Quitter (Eleven)
A Morning Without Coffee Is Like Sleep (Twelve)
Without Coffee Breaks There Would Be No Accomplishments (Thirteen)
Be a Coffee Drinking Individual -- Espresso Yourself! (Fourteen)
There's Nothing Sweeter Than a Cup of Bitter Coffee (Fifteen)
My Blood Type is Coffee (Sixteen)
Decaf is Like Masturbating With an Oven Mitt (Seventeen)
Caffeine Isn't a Drug, It's a Vitamin! (Eighteen)
Coffee: The 100% Natural Replacement for Sleep (Nineteen)
Coffee Smells Like Freshly Ground Heaven (Twenty)
Tea is -- Wait, What Did You Just Say? (Twenty-One)
All's Fair in Love and War -- and Coffee (Twenty-Two)
Coffee and Love Are Best When They Are Hot (Twenty-Three)
You Are the Cream In My Coffee (Twenty-Four)
Do I Like My Coffee Black? There Are Other Colors? (Twenty-Five)
Keep Calm and Drink Coffee (Twenty-Six)
So Many Blends, So Little Time (Twenty-Seven)
Friends Don't Let Friends Drink Bad Coffee (Twenty-Eight)
Good Friends Don't Spill the Beans (Twenty-Nine)
Love Days When My Only Problem is Tea or Coffee (Thirty)
Decaf is the Devil's Blend (Thirty-One)
Gimme My Caffeine And No One Gets Hurt (Thirty-Two)
COFFEE: Most Important Meal of the Day (Thirty-Three)
Instant Human: Add Coffee (Thirty-Four)
In Coffee We Trust (Thirty-Five)
Life Begins With Coffee (Thirty-Six)
Coffee's Not a Beverage, It's a Moment of Pleasure (Thirty-Seven)
Your Warmth, Your Smell, Your Taste...Ooh, Coffee... (Thirty-Eight)
Coffee's a Cup of Liquid Sanity (Thirty-Nine)
Coffee: If You're Not Shaking, You Need Another Cup (Forty)
I Don't Understand Decaf -- It's Like Sex Without Sex (Forty-One)
All You Need is Love...and More Coffee (Forty-Two)
Coffee: The Gasoline of Life (Forty-Three)
Oh, Look, It's Coffee O'Clock! (Forty-Four)
Coffee Drinkers Make Better Lovers (Forty-Five) {Conclusion}
Better Latte Than Never (Epilogue: Part 2)

I Like My Coffee Strong, Not Lethal (One)

127K 959 333
By Megabucks

Chapter One -- I Like My Coffee Strong, Not Lethal

Looking over her shoulder to make sure that the person lying next to her was asleep, the twenty-seven year old woman quietly slipped out of bed. She tiptoed towards the door and slowly but surely eased it open before slipping out and closing it behind her, breathing a sigh of relief, as she was able to successfully leave without her partner being aware.

Feeling along the wall for the light switch, Sonny found it and flipped it on so that she would not stub her toe as she had clumsily done so many times before. Ambling over to the desk, she took a seat, wincing as the computer chair creaked a few times with the weight. A mental note to myself. Need to purchase a can of WD-40. Pressing a key on the keyboard, Sonny began to smile as she was greeted with her desktop picture showing a litter of puppies sleeping in a big basket.

Positioning a hand over her mouse, she moved the tiny arrow on the screen to the AOL icon and clicked it. When the sign on screen appeared, Sonny typed in her password to log onto her screen name PerkyGrrl before clicking the enter button. Sitting back in the chair, she impatiently waited as she listened to the modem dial. Another smile appeared on her face within seconds of being welcomed online. Sonny's heart skipped a beat as she heard the male voice inform her that she had mail.

Moving the arrow to the mail icon, she clicked it. There were four new pieces of mail since the last time she checked it nearly six hours ago. One was from her best friend Sarah, two were pieces of spam that Sonny annoyingly deleted, and the last one was from her. The woman happily sighed, deciding to first click on Sarah's, beginning to read.

Hey girlfriend!

I just got in from my fiftieth (yes I know that I'm exaggerating) blind date that you set me up on. I know that I say this every time, but remind me to never let you set me up again. That guy was so boring, I would have preferred spending the evening watching paint dry! (laugh) He spent the whole night talking about stocks and bonds, how he likes to sell this and cash that out... Blah blah blah. Anyway, thanks for trying to help, but I'll take charge of my love life from here on out. (chuckle)

Anyway, the main reason I wrote you was to tell you this. Remember that building that they've been constructing across the street? Well, I found out what it is. Please don't faint. It's going to be a coffeehouse just like us when it opens and that's supposed to happen within a week or two. Seems like we have some real competition now. But the way I figure it, with you and I working side by side, no one can defeat us, babe. (smiling) Well, I'll see you tomorrow. Go get some sleep. You're on this computer way too much. (wink) Love ya.

Sarah

Sonny richly chuckled as she closed her friend's email. She should have known that Sarah and Dwayne would not be compatible. Oh well. At least she gave it a try. Meanwhile, Sonny would not worry about the impending arrival of the new coffeehouse. She felt fully capable of handling a little competition. It was no big deal. Sonny compared this to a baseball game. Anything they could throw, she could hit and make a home run for her team.

Smiling brightly, Sonny clicked and opened the remaining email from Blueyez. Not being able to wipe the silly smile off of her face, the young woman began to read after glancing at the bedroom door to make sure that it was still closed.

To My Special Friend,

Hello P.G. I hope this email finds you doing well. You know what my little sister said this morning? She told me that you and I should meet for our one-year anniversary. That we should celebrate by choosing a place to meet in real time. I laughed at the time, but I have to admit that I've been thinking about the prospect of us doing so all day long. I know we've never really talked about doing this before but what do you think? We live in the same city...it wouldn't be that hard to do so...Well, you let me know your thoughts on the idea. Whether we meet in real time or celebrate online doesn't really matter to me. As long as I'm with my favorite girl in the whole wide world *smiling*. Well I should be going now. Need to get some sleep because I have a busy day ahead of me. I'll talk with you later P.G. Sweet dreams.

Yours always,

Blue

Sonny sat back in her chair deep in thought. Should she and Blue meet? Sarah would probably cheer her on, but Sonny had a feeling that her girlfriend would not care for the idea. Still thinking about it, the young woman clicked a button on the screen so that a fresh email was before her. Positioning her fingers on the keyboard, Sonny began to construct her reply to Blue. After nearly half an hour of deleting and rewriting, Sonny had the email written just the way she wanted it. Putting the tiny arrow on the send key, she clicked and watched as the email vanished from sight.

Logging off, she arose to her feet and stretched before heading back to the bedroom, turning off the light in the process. Opening the door, she stepped inside, quietly closing it behind her. Tiptoeing to the bed, Sonny slipped beneath the covers just as her girlfriend rolled over, throwing an arm across her stomach. Although it was dark, Sonny could tell that the woman was still asleep. Placing a hand on Laura's cheek, Sonny started to softly caress it as she attempted to focus her thoughts on this woman lying next to her, yet her mind kept drifting to Blue.

Sonny once again felt the guilt creeping up. It was a constant companion of hers now. In the beginning things between her and Blue had been wholesome and innocent enough, but during the past few months they had become more intimate emotionally wise. Sure they called themselves friends, but there was much more to it in the way that they spoke to one another. If that were not bad enough, Sonny had admitted to herself months ago that she had feelings for Blue. The type of feelings that she knew should only be for Laura. In a way, Sonny felt as though she was cheating on her girlfriend, or at least cheating her, but she could not bring herself to end the relationship with Blue. That simply was not an option. She was in too deep.

~~~~~~~~~~

Seated at the kitchen table drinking her second cup of coffee while reading the newspaper, Jacqueline Foster looked up as a younger woman twelve years younger than her entered. They greeted one another as she walked over to the coffeepot and poured herself a cup, adding both cream and sugar before taking a seat at the small round table. She stared toward her coffee companion, who was busy reading the newspaper, until she was noticed.

"What do you want, Chloe?" Jacqueline asked in a pleasant tone of voice, neatly folding the newspaper and placing it on the table.

The other woman cocked her head to the side. "Whatever makes you think that I want something?"

Jacqueline smirked. "Don't try to play innocent. I know all of your looks and the one you're currently wearing plainly says that you want something. So what is it?"

Chloe flashed a grin. "All right. You got me. Can I go to Hawaii with a few friends, Jack?"

"I don't know. Can you?"

She barely hid a smirk. "May I go to Hawaii?"

"That depends. Who are these friends? Do I know them?"

Chloe sighed. "Jack, I'm twenty years old."

Jack nodded as she picked up her coffee and took a sip. "Yes, I'm well aware of your age. And if that is your way of letting me know that you are an adult, then why did you ask me in the first place if you could go, Chloe?" She sat back in her chair while crossing one ankle over the other underneath the table. "Seems to me, a grownup would just say I'm going to Hawaii with a few friends, Jack."

"Okay. I'm going to Hawaii with a few friends Jack."

"Over my dead body you are."

"Jack!"

She successfully hid her amusement. Her little sister was so adorable. She had the urge to reach out and pinch the girl's cheek, yet managed to keep her hands around her cup. "What?"

"Come on. Just let me go," Chloe pleaded. "I'll be very responsible." She smiled charmingly at her sister, hoping that it and her words would do the trick. "You raised me to be that way."

Jack chuckled richly. "Flattery will get you absolutely nowhere," she paused. "Who is going on this trip and how long is it supposed to last? You know the coffeehouse is opening for business next week and I thought you wanted to be there for its grand opening." Jack took another sip of coffee. "It's never good to miss your first day of work."

"Justine, Mary, and Antonia. You've known all three of them since we met and became friends in the eighth grade. We'll be gone for five days, which means I'll be back a couple days before the grand opening. Oh, please, Jack, let me go on this trip. I promise I'll be responsible and I'll call you every day if you want me to." Chloe offered her sister the look she often used when she really wanted to do something.

"Don't give me those big blue eyes." Jack shook her head, not buying the act for one minute. "I have the same ones." She fell into thought for a couple minutes as she felt Chloe's eyes upon her. Looking at the twenty-year-old she finally said, "All right. You can go to Hawaii, but you better make good on your promises. Call me every evening. I'll give you a phone card and some spending money."

Chloe screamed in glee as she scooted her chair closer to her sister's and wrapped her arms around the woman's neck, hugging her tight. Jack smiled as she hugged Chloe back. "Thank you, Jack! You won't regret this. I'm gonna go pack now. We leave tomorrow." Standing up, Chloe almost began to skip out of the kitchen before she remembered something. Turning back to her sister, she walked over to the woman as she removed a folded sheet of paper from the pocket of her shorts. She gave the piece of paper to Jack, who asked what it was. Chloe grinned. "It's an email from Perky. I found it this morning and took the liberty of printing a copy out so you wouldn't have to bother with logging on to get it."

"That's so very sweet of you." Jack frowned. "I thought I told you not to open my email anymore, brat?"

Chloe shrugged. "Sorry. This is the last time. I just wanted to see what Perky had to say to your last email."

Jack arched an eyebrow. "And how did you know what I wrote last night?"

"Simple. I was reading over your shoulder." Chloe grinned. "Your senses must be dulling in your old age, Jack. You had no clue I was there."

Jack smirked. "Thirty-two is not old. Now go away before I change my mind about Hawaii." She began to unfold the paper, anxious to read what her Internet friend had to say. Grinning, Chloe leaned down and kissed her sister on the cheek before walking out of the kitchen, leaving a smiling Jack. Smoothing out the paper, the woman began to silently read.

Dearest Blue,

Wow. I can't believe that a whole year is nearly upon us. Where does the time go? Actually, I feel like I've known you all of my life instead of nearly three hundred and sixty five days. I'm so overjoyed that we met. Blue, I really don't know how I managed before having you in my life. I don't know how to fully explain it, but you make my heart soar. If no one else can, you have this ability...this gift to lift my spirits when they are down. I guess what I'm trying to say is that you are a blessing to me, Blue. Thanks for you (smile).

Anyway, enough of my jabbering. You mentioned the idea of us meeting when our anniversary comes in three weeks. I've given it some thought, and I think that's a great idea. I would love for us to meet. I'm feeling nervous already, but I know this is what I truly want. More than anything else. So, our anniversary is on the last Friday of this month. Where would you like to meet? Let me know. I'll see you later, Blue. Take care.

~PG~

Folding the sheet of paper, Jack tucked it into her pants pocket with a goofy smile on her lips. She made PerkyGrrl's heart soar. It was probably the best compliment she had ever received. What a wonderful way to start the day. Arising from the chair, Jack strolled over to the kitchen window. Opening it, she stuck her head out, feeling the heat from the sun on her face. Gazing toward the clear blue September sky, Jack thought that it was a most glorious day. This was one of those days that should be spent at the beach. Jack would be amongst the many people that were probably going to flock there, but she had work to do. Her coffeehouse was opening next week and she wanted to make sure that everything was in order.

Heading back to the kitchen table, Jack picked up her cup and drank the remaining contents before she walked into the living room, taking a seat at the computer. She was going to head out, but there was something that she wanted to do before leaving. Quickly logging onto her screen name, Jack began writing her reply to PerkyGrrl. As she did so, she occasionally looked up to make sure that Chloe was not somewhere peeping.

~~~~~~~~~~

"Honey, you spend far too much time on that thing."

Sonny glanced up as Laura walked into the living room dressed and ready to go to work. Logging off after having just read an email she received twenty minutes ago from Blueyez, Sonny arose from her computer chair, following Laura into the kitchen. She poured her girlfriend a cup of espresso and handed her a blueberry bagel. Thanking her, Laura took a bite from the bagel before washing it down with the hot liquid.

"It's not a thing. It's a computer," Sonny replied. "Say it with me. Com-pu-ter."

Laura smirked. "Very cute." Reaching out, she ruffled the other woman's wavy golden brown hair. "Seriously, computers are very addicting." Ignoring Sonny's 'you don't say' expression, she went on, "I'm writing my next column on it." Walking closer to Sonny, Laura tenderly kissed her lips. "I've been thinking about interviewing you for it." She grinned seconds before eating another piece of bagel.

Sonny arched an eyebrow, her tongue slipping out to quickly run across her lips. Yummy. Laura tasted like blueberry. "Oh? And what shall I say in this interview?" She hopped up onto the kitchen counter, adopting a mock serious look. "Hello. My name is Madison Campbell and I'm addicted to the Internet." As Laura playfully slapped her on the arm, Sonny laughed.

"You make fun, but this article is going to rock." Teeth tearing off a final piece, Laura dropped what remained of her bagel on a plate. It did not stay there long, because Sonny picked it up and began to finish her girlfriend's breakfast.

"I'm sure it will, my love." Sonny gave her a warm smile, which Laura returned as she slipped between the other woman's thighs. Wrapping her arms around Laura's neck, Sonny's lips descended upon hers. They kissed for nearly a minute before Laura broke away, not really wanting to.

"I have to go," she regretfully stated while glancing at her watch. "You should be on your way too. It's almost eight. I love you." Leaning forward, she kissed Sonny once more.

"Me too," Sonny replied as she watched Laura pick up her briefcase. She smiled when the woman winked at her before she headed toward the front door. Jumping down from the counter, Sonny met Laura at the door and opened it for her. "Have a good day, sweetheart. Try not to work too hard."

"You too." Smiling, and feeling like the luckiest person on the planet, Laura walked out of the apartment to start her day. Closing the door, Sonny went to look for her Nikes before she got a start on hers as well.

Five minutes later, Sonny was leaving her apartment with her bike at her side. Rolling the bike out onto the pavement, she reached for the blue-tinted shades hooked onto her sky blue blouse and put them on. Straddling the bicycle, Sonny put her helmet on as she smiled at a neighbor getting into their car. Sitting down, Sonny placed her feet on the pedals and began the ride to work. She had a car, but she enjoyed riding her bicycle to work since it was in such close proximity to her apartment.

While riding down the street, Sonny looked around her with a slight smile on her face. This was the beginning of another gorgeous day. She absolutely loved Florida and planned on living here for the rest of her life. Blue eyes -- err... blue skies, hot sun... Sonny glanced across the street where two blondes wearing dangerously short shorts and tight sports bras were jogging together in the opposite direction...hot girls... Yes, there was no place like Florida. One of the best things about it was that Blueyez lived here and they would meet soon. In less than a month, Sonny would see her. The young woman smiled again as she stopped at a stop sign before cautiously proceeding. How very lucky she was.

Picking up her pace on the bike, Sonny easily glided along the street, feeling the gentle warm breeze flowing past her. Glancing both ways, she continued across the street when a car suddenly came barreling around the corner. Sonny tried to get out of the automobile's way, but it was too fast. As the car slammed into her bicycle, she went flying into it. Knocking her head on the windshield, Sonny's vision went black as she slipped into unconsciousness.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

9.5M 310K 70
Wattpad Creator! Happy and proud. HIM: Staying the night? Not my thing. Hearts and flowers? Boring. Falling in love? Not anytime soon. Settling down...
83.3K 3.4K 56
"I wanted to remind him of the night we cleared things out. He has all the right to fear especially that we're deviating from the norm. But what is r...
422 2 42
Samuel: "You done with your packing?? When are you planning to shift?" Ace: "Ahh, that." Samuel: "Listen Ace, I don't give a damn about your personal...
52.2K 1.5K 113
*FINN AND JACK SOCIAL MEDIA AU* finnwolfhard: sorry bro jackdgrazer: wow did u just bro-zone me 😤😡 finnwolfhard: u know it 😋😌 jackdgrazer: thou...