AASHNA

By remixthestory

Shehryaar left his home towards an unknown turn which led him to fall, literally down the valley and metaphor... More

✩ Prologue
✩ Chapter 1
✩ Chapter 2
✩ Chapter 3
✩ Chapter 4
✩ Chapter 5
✩ Chapter 6
✩ Chapter 7
✩ Chapter 8
✩ Chapter 10
✩ Chapter 11
✩ Chapter 12
✩ Chapter 13 Ep

✩ Chapter 9

2K 109 12
By remixthestory

Can I please have a shehryaar of my own?

"Azeen?"

Shehryaar opened his room door and called out for his wife, he looked inside to find her sleeping on her books. Her glasses puckered out as she slept into oblivion. He grimaced seeing her dark circles, it was her last exam in a week and she hasn't left their room if going to university didn't count.

Seeing her stressed, he felt bad but it was her career and he didn't want her to distract, not when she was so close to completing her course.

He tucked the glasses away and shook her to wake up but she grumbled being disturbed.

"Zee, Sleep properly in the bed if you want to, Please wake up." He called her softly but she wiggled in her seat to find comfort while she slept in the middle of the day.

He sighed and decided to let her be as he freshened, and went down to bring lunch for both of them. He had taken half day from the office for the dinner they had to attend today.

His maternal uncle and aunt had gotten a whiff of his impromptu marriage, to say subtly, Shehryaar faced a set of scolding from the couple and complete radio silence from his cousin and best friend. The only support was his best friend's wife who tried reasoning on his behalf, he was grateful to her until she started teasing him, the little innuendos of him hurrying into marriage had left him red in the face.

If Azeen got to know about her teasing the teaser, she is going to have the moment of the century.

He carried the tray back, luckily his hand was healed. The doctors declared him fit as a fiddle a week before Azeen's exams started and he was delighted as now he didn't have to depend on Masood Bhai to drive him around. Another was that he could finally drop Azeen to and fro from her exam center. He wanted to support her, send her off with best wishes and wait for her to get back to him with those happy and content smiles.

Closing the door with his shoulder he shook his head at her snoring lightly, the wind had her hair flying all over, hiding her tired face.

"Zee," he shook her a little vigorously this time, she swatted his hand away moaning in annoyance.

"Azeen, Utho warna me paani daal dunga tumpe." He threatened but nothing affected her.

(Get up or I'm going to throw water on you.)

"Yaar, Azeen. Get up and eat something, later you can sleep all you want." He offered defeat. He always thought she was the light sleeper among the two, seeing her always on her toes and waking up at odd hours to study. Never he realized she was worse than him when she was tired and had only sleep on her mind.

"Sone de mujhe." She mumbled.

(Let me sleep.)

"Baad me mat bola I didn't warn you." He threatened her one last time before scooping her in his arms, her eyes twitching feeling in the air.

(Don't complain later that I didn't warn you.)

"Sherry?" She asked unsurely as her eyes snapped open. He carried her towards the couch. "What are you doing?"

"Uth gayi aap?" He taunted stopping. (You woke up?)

"You will drop me, Put me down." She panicked as he rolled his eyes.

"Have some faith in me, Begum. I won't drop you." He stated.

"Please put me down." She clutched onto his neck tightly looking between the ground and at him.

"Kuch khaya hai subah se?" He asked placing her on the couch and scoffed seeing her sighing in relief. "I wouldn't have dropped you."

(Did you have something from the morning?)

"How was I to know that?" She asked to reason. Her stomach grumbled answering the former question.

"Bhook nahi lagti aapko? Jeeti kese hai aap, Azeen saheba?"

(You don't get hungry? How are you alive, Azeen Ma'am?)

"Sorry." She mumbled sheepishly.

"Keep doing that, Doctor banne se pehle mareez ban jayengi aap." He scolded.

(You'll be patient even before you become a doctor.)

"I said sorry." She pouted.

"Ehsaan aapka" He rolled his eyes. (So nice of you.)

She made a crying face.

He exhaled. "I want you to take of yourself, Azeen. Not eating for hours will make you weak. How will you concentrate if you don't have enough energy? I won't be home every day to feed you"

"But you are here now." She stated sheepishly, trying to smile for cooling him. "Ab daant se bet bharenge ya khane khilayenge aap?"

(Will you keep scolding or feeding me too?) G

"Yes, here." He sighed forwarding the plate to her as he took his. They sat side by side. Her eyes drooped as she munched on her food.

"Sleep for a few more hours, after that we have dinner at Mamujaan's place I told you about last night." Shehryaar reminded her as the maid carried their plates down. Azeen settled back and rested her head on his arm.

"Okay." She nodded as he put his arm around her and she snuggled in his hold, letting herself seek comfort from him. She smiled as she felt him kissing her crown.

"You are tired." He stated and she yawned in response.

"Very. I have been up at 4, I still need to revise pharmacology. I don't like it."

"Just when I thought you are in love with your books." He chuckled. "You will be able to do it. You still have four days."

"Hopefully." She said turning to look at him. "Why are you early home?"

"You don't like me at home?" He questioned playfully.

"Ofcourse I like you at home." She stated immediately, "But you hardly are at home if it's not Friday or Sunday, even then you work all day. You don't have time at all, not like this to sit with me."

"Good to know you crave my time, begum." He grinned.

Azeen rolled her eyes settling in his chest, these days they have become the best of friends, sharing anything and everything, sticking together, and having each other's back in whatever situation it is. They are each other's biggest support system.

They had gotten close, dependent on each other for everything and embracing these small gestures of intimacy which made them hold on to the other's presence.

It felt blissful, to care for and be cared for.

"What should I wear?" She asked him looking up.

"When?"

"Apne nikah pe, dusre wale." She smiled sweetly as he scowled.

"Main chorne hi nahi wala tumhe." He said her glaring. "Sochna bhi mat kisi aur ke baare me."

"Okay, sorry! Caveman nahi bano ab." She tried calming his glare, angry Shehryaar could be dangerous.

He rolled his eyes annoyed.

"I was talking about dinner." She cleared, "Please, I don't know, I'm confused."

He sighed, and she breathed in relief seeing him not glaring or stiff anymore. "Wear anything you want?"

"So much for the help, Sherry." She deadpanned.

"Wear something Red. You look good in it." He suggested.

"That is not a color I like, it's too loud." She pouted. "How about white?"

He frowned "No."

"Then?" her shoulders slumped.

"Kuch bhi pehenlo Azeen. Mami, and Mamu are going to love you the moment you talk to them. Appearances don't matter." He told her with a soft smile.

"Kal se sweats me Jana office, Mr. 'appearances-doesn't-matter'." She mocked him. "You dress up like you are to go on a ramp walk and you are telling me to wear anything when I meet your extended family for the first time. Such a considerate human."

"Accha, okay. Come and show me what all you have and we will decide it together, works?" He negotiated, Sarcastic Azeen was better off sleeping.

Shuffling through her dresses, Shehryaar took out and asked her. "This?"

"No!"

"What about yellow?"

"It is too bright."

"How about this one?"

"I am not going to a party, It is too heavy."

"Okay, this one it is, no?"

"It won't fit, I lost weight," Azeen said embarrassed.

"No, I think it will." Shehryaar took a good glance at her and then back to the dress. "I don't think you lost weight."

"What do you mean?" She narrowed her gaze.

"I mean...it will fit." He bit his tongue chastising himself, think before you speak Shehryaar.

"No, it won't."

"Yaar, Azeen. Decide something please?" He begged as she rejected the tenth dress.

"I..there is nothing good here." She averted her gaze.

"What is it?"

"Huh?" she looked at him not getting his reference.

"What is bothering you? You hardly take minutes in getting ready but you don't seem to decide even. So tell me, what is it?" Shehryaar pointed to her with a sharp look, breaking her resolve.

"I...I'm nervous." She confessed.

"Azeen you don't have to be." He pulled her to him.

"You clearly love them, even though you said that your cousin is your best friend. They are close to you and I don't want to embarrass you." Azeen voiced out, she had been thinking about this dinner, walking up at 4 was partial because she had to study more because she remembered back the words she had listened to all her life for her sister. She liked dressing in simple, pastel colors. She was plain Jane, not as beautiful as her sister or naturally pretty as her mother.

When she was unmarried she didn't have to make extra efforts for dressing up but now that she was someone's wife, she should put in some effort if not all.

"You are worrying for no reason. Mamu and Mami are the loveliest people you will ever meet and I'm sure you will gel up with my cousin's wife at once, seeing you both share the love for hospitals." He explained.

"She is a doctor?" She asked hopefully.

"Yes, one of the best in town." He filled her in.

"I can't wait to meet her." She told him.

"I know. So, How about I select something and you wear it without any rebuttal?" He offered.

"Deal." She agreed.

She leaned against the vanity table as Shehryaar went through her things, thinking, frowning, and shaking his head.

"Do you know how to drape a saree?" He asked turning.

She nodded "Why?"

"Because you are wearing one."

~~~

The final stroke of her kohl and she dropped it on the table, smacking her lips slowly she let the baby pink lipstick even out.

Contemplating for a few seconds, she gave up thinking and tied his mother's choker around her neck. The V-neck black blouse with long sleeves went well with her gold choker-style necklace and small studs.

The blush pink saree engulfed her frame, black printed border keeping it light and simple yet gorgeous. Wearing the ring and taking a small twirl she checked herself one last time before walking out to find Shehryaar.

He had been home for the entire afternoon, away from work but work seemed to love him as his work calls don't stop. She had the urge to switch the damn device or switch off the power button so it couldn't charge but his employees were too persistent. If they couldn't reach him, they would try a landline until Shehryaar was back in his study, holed up for ours.

"Shehryaar, I'm ready." She announced to a silent room. She huffed and walked to his study to push the door open only to find it empty.

She tried calling him while checking the balcony his phone came busy but it was vacant too.

"Mujhe tyaar kar Allah jaane khud kha chale gye." She nibbled on her lower lip and decided to check downstairs.

Azeen tried calling him again when she reached the first floor, calling him.

"Where are you?" She asked without waiting for him to greet her.

"Hello to you too." He chuckled.

"Where are you, Shehryaar?" She asked pouting, she felt lost without him, and the feeling of not knowing his whereabouts had her feeling uneasy "You were on my head to get ready half an hour back but now you are nowhere to be found."

"Turn right." He instructed.

"Where?" She spun on her heels, the frown morphing into a soft smile. "Kha the aap?"

"Just here." He said keeping the phone down. He crossed the distance towards her, hands pulling each other as if opposite ends of a magnate. He took a leisurely glance at her appreciating his choice. "Badi haseen lag rahi ho."

Her grin widened. "Thank you."

He chuckled seeing her brimming with joy. "Only if I knew you would be this happy seeing me, I would have come faster."

It was the truth, his existence had changed her life for good. She was happy, content, peaceful, and whatnot. He was her happy place.

Azeen nodded, smile turning soulful "I am glad I found you."

"Chalien?"

She nodded again and together they went down the stairs.

Ayesha witnessed the exchange, standing at her doorstep she clutched the door knob tightly feeling the burn of anger and jealousy engulfing her as a whole. Her eyes which once were glossy now rimmed red, as if blood lust took over her senses.

She had loved him for a forever.

Ever since he smiled at her Eight years old self, she fell in love with him. She was the youngest, the only daughter, and Shehryaar pampered her the most. He treated her like the princess she was, he listened to her words, completed every wish she worded, and mostly he kept her above everyone.

It had to be her special place in his life, she wasn't just his cousin, no one treats a cousin like he treated her, right?

It had to be this. He loved her, not like a cousin but like two individuals do.

He said he didn't see her that way because he is oblivious but she isn't. If he hasn't realized his love for her then she'll make him realize it. She will not give up. She was the cheery girl, the princess of the house. She gets whatever she wants. And he was hers.

Shehryaar was Ayesha's and she will get him for herself at any cost.

Azeen has to leave, she will make sure he forgets her existence. She will have to go away, away his life, this place, this city, this country and if required, this world.

She has to because she doesn't belong to Shehryaar. Azeen had no place in his life because it was Ayesha's. He belonged to Ayesha and she takes what belongs to her.

She will take Shehryaar away from Azeen, whatever the circumstances are.

~~~

"Why are you smiling so much?" Shehryaar narrowed his eyes playfully, only for her face flush more.

She poked her tongue to her cheek to stop herself from staring at she shook her head in 'Nothing'.

Her efforts failed as her eyes betrayed her brain.

"Tell me." He pestered.

"Kyu Janna hai, aapko?" She challenged him in response trying to cover her staring session.

He glanced at her driving with one hand resting on the steering and the other on the window sill as he maneuvered his way in the Hyderabad traffic. Dressed in a black kurta and white trousers, black shades covering his eyes and hair pushed back, fingers combed in his regular fashion. Three old stubble made her clutch her fingers around her saree fabric to restrain any stupid actions.

His sight had her hooked.

"Mat batao." He gave up

"Sherry?" She called him.

"Jii." He hummed.

"Aur kitni der?" She asked feeling bored. Fingers playing around the music system as she connected it to her phone.

"Some more." He answered. He changed the gear and sped off on the empty road. "Play something good."

She nodded and tapped on her playlist, the renditions of old classic Indian music filled the car.

"Zee, play the originals." He demanded.

"No." She declined.

"Are, old ones are better than this...this...whatever it is." He scrunched his face in dislike. "Change the song."

"No."

"Do it."

"No."

"Zee," He dares her to say no again.

"No."

He rolled his eyes before switching the system off. "You asked for it."

"Shehryaar!" She exclaimed. He caught her hand in mid-air.

"Either you play originals or you play nothing. What do you choose?"

"I choose my songs, now leave my hand." She declared.

"Azeen, you want to do this?" He narrowed his eyes, challenging her.

"Yes, I do. I'll play what I like." She wriggled from his hold.

"You sure? You will be responsible for everything." He warned.

"Bring it on." She pulled her hand away and punched the system to bring it back to life.

"I will make you pay for it." He threatened as the music blasted in the car again. The new-age band doing a makeover of the old gems of Bollywood.

Shehryaar ignored as much he could as he accelerated to reach the place to avoid the torture of this music he didn't like at all.

"This is torture." He muttered.

"No, This is melody." She shot back smirking.

"Oh, you just wait and watch, Azeen Shehryaar. I'll make sure you pay for this." He promised repercussions.

"I am not going anywhere anytime soon, I'm here, Mr. Shah." She winked.

The tables were turned and she was loving it all.

Shehryaar parked the car infront of the mansion which was as majestic as theirs, the lush gardens had light bulbs illuminating them.

He opened the door for her and helped her out.

"You think I'll get them to like me? I don't want your family to hate me, Shehryaar." Azeen asked nervously.

"None can do if you can't and no one can hate you. Come on." He guided her to the entrance.

Climbing the stairs, Shehryaar glanced at her, she was tensed. His palm squeezed her shoulder, hugging her closer to him and she welcome it immediately.

"You will be fine." He stated again.

"Okay, Yes, I believe you." She smiled in positivity.

He pecked her forehead quickly and rang the doorbell. The door parted immediately making them jump in shock.

"I was waiting for when you two will get done with your moment." The chirpy voice teased them.

"Salam, Bhabhi." Shehryaar smiled sheepishly.

Infront of him stood his best friend's wife, Sana Mudassar Adami.

"Shehryaar Shah, you look good." Sana greeted him her eyes brightening as she took in Azeen. "Ya Allah, She is so pretty." Sana gushed at Azeen, pulling her inside.

"Main andar aao?" Shehryaar raised his brow at the excited host.

"No, I'll ask Fardeen to bring you a plate in your car. Works right?" Sana asked with a wink.

"Get in already, Yaar." Mudassar welcomed him, Shehryaar hugged his best friend as they slapped each other's back in a greeting.

"Salam" Mudassar greeted Azeen. "Let's go in."

"Ammi is been waiting forever for you two. She couldn't wait to meet you,...." Sana stopped abruptly and others halted. She glared at Shehryaar "You did not introduce me to her."

"Not his fault when you didn't give him a chance, Sana." Mudassar defended his cousin cum best friend.

"True." Shehryaar piped.

Sana's narrowed gaze had both men raise their hands in surrender.

"Azeen, meet my cousin and his wife. He is Mudassar and She is Sana, Dr. Sana I told you about." Shehryaar gave her the knowing look. "Mudassar, Sana she is my wife, Azeen. Soon to be Dr. Azeen."

"Really?" Sana jumped at the news. "You are going to be my favorite person from Mudassar's extended family."

Mudassar shook his head at his wife's excitement. "Welcome to the family, Azeen."

"Thank you" Azeen smiled, grinning at Shehryaar.

"Let's go before Ammi, and Ammi ki jaan come running here." Sana pulled them to the living room.

Azeen took in the rich interior of the place, it looked much more honey with subtle shades blended with dark ones and many pictures and toys on the floor.

"Bubu!"

The loud shriek greeted them, Sana rolled her eyes playfully seeing her son calling for his father and ignoring her presence.

Azeen smiled at the lady who sat playing with her grandson, her eyes on him as if he were her entire world.

"Salaam" She greeted the elderly woman who gave her a big welcoming smile.

"Azeen, She is my Mother-in-law and your husband's mumani, Aliza Adami." Sana went and hugged the woman as she made the introductions "Ammi, she is Azeen, Shehryaar bhai ki Begum."

"Mashallah, mashallah." Aliza hugged Azeen and showered her with a forehead kiss, greeting her.

"Salam Mamijaan." Shehryaar bowed infront of the elderly lady who lovingly patted her head not before kissing his head. "You make me so happy, Sherry. She is so beautiful."

Shehryaar glanced at her before smiling at Aliza.

"Come you two, take a seat. Zohar will be here in no time." Aliza ushered them to the sofa.

"Arham, What did I tell you about your toys being here?" Sana schooled her 1-year old who flunked into his father's arms immediately after seeing Sana scolding him. "I am sorry, Azeen. This son of a devil never abides me, always doing the opposite of what is told to him."

"I wonder where he got it from," Mudassar said smirking, holding the little munchkin close to his heart.

"Do that and I will wonder where sleep for the next week." Sana glared at him before picking his toys up to tidy the rooms much as she can.

"Baccha hai, Sana." Aliza caressed her grandson's head lovingly, defending him. Sana shook her head seeing her son had his father and grandmother wrapped around his pinky finger.

Azeen bit her grin seeing the couple, they had been married for a few years now but they bickered like two teenagers.

"They are always like this," Shehryaar whispered to her, she turned towards him smiling.

"They are cute." She commented, her attention turned to Mudassar who sat at the adjacent chair with Arham in his lap.

"Hey, lil' bun" Shehryaar caught Arham's attention to him.

"Yaar" The boy grinned at him, sliding away from his father to hug Shehryaar who picked him up at once and tickled him.

The shrieks had her laughing at his antics. Arham stared at her with baby pink puckered lips, and soft brown eyes curiously.

"Salam, Arham" She touched his cheeks softly. The baby leaned to her touch,

"Lil' bun, She is your Chachi, Azeen." Shehryaar talked to him in a baby voice she left her grinning.

"Zeee" The little human picked up the easiest part of her name.

"I call her that but I think I can share the nickname with you," Shehryaar said thinking.

Azeen chuckled "As if you won't let anyone call me with that."

"Oh trust me, I don't share." His heated gaze made her smile drop and blush coat her cheeks.

"Salam-o-alaikum Baccho."

The voice had Azeen and Shehryaar stand up from their places, the commanding voice belonged to Zohar Adami.

"Salaam" Azeen greeted him meekly.

Shehryaar hugged the man.

"Azeen, He is my Mamujaan, Zohar Adami. Mamu she is Azeen."

"Nice to meet you, Azeen." Zohar patted her head and gestured them to sit back, now Arham was in Zohar's arms as the little boy craved attention from his Dado. "How are you two?" He asked.

"Dodo" Arham called.

"Yes, Dado ki jaan." He smiled before turning back to the couple.

"We are fine, Mamu Jaan. How are you doing?"

"Good, all good..."

"Dodo" the Little man tried again, this time he cupped his face and turned it forcefully to him.

"Arham, bad manners." Sana scolded her son immediately.

Zohar laughed at his acts. "It's okay. Shehryaar, Azeen do you both mind if I give 5 minutes to this boy?"

"He is so spoiled." Sana rolled her eyes in annoyance. Taking a seat adjacent to Azeen as Mudassar took one near Shehryaar.

"He is blessed to have so much love," Azeen said.

"It is not always good, Azeen. He is just one and so stubborn." She voiced her concern.

"Don't beat yourself for it. He will grow up, Sana and he will learn it." Mudassar assured her.

"Inshallah" Sighing she looked up smiling, her face changed to that of excitement again. "So tell me, how are you a to-be-doctor?"

What started as getting to know her session turned into a beautiful bond as the chatter between the two women went on and about until the end of dinner. Mudassar and Shehryaar seemed busy in their own talks, Aliza and Zohar asking and speaking to Azeen as she got to learn about them, and little Arham slept his way through the dinner.

"What do you think about the internship? Any preferences in hospitals or do you want to continue in a University hospital?" Zohar asked her and Sana looked curiously.

"I have had an offer from one of the hospitals here" Azeen informed, Shehryaar blinked at her to go on. "We were to work with guest doctors as a practical project and our group's mentor, Dr. Arif Maqbool offered me and another student to intern under him. He will be sending me details soon regarding it."

"Arif Maqbool?" Sana squealed glancing at Mudassar who shook his head at her grin "You mean blue eyes, black hair, handsome face, and Orthopedic practitioner by Dr. Arif Maqbool?"

Azeen nodded in confusion.

Shehryaar looked amused.

"Sana, Is that a way to describe someone?" Mudassar chastised her.

"Oh hush, she is going to intern with Arif, My Arif!" Sana announced giddily.

"Your Arif?" He glared at her, warning her about her next words. "He is not your Arif."

"You know he is engaged, Mady. Chill." She huffed "What I mean is she is going to work with my best friend, in our hospital isn't it great? I am so happy, Azeen. I was almost going to offer you to intern with me but see my Best friend did the job."

"Will you stop calling him your best friend?" Mudassar grumbled in irritation.

"He is my best friend." She stated, challenging him, mischief taking over her face. "Stop being so jealous, ex-bestie."

"You will pay for this." He glared.

"I make enough money and I have a loaded husband so yeah, bring it on." She said cheekily.

Azeen bit back her laughter gazing at Shehryaar who did the same.

"Grow up both of you, you are parents now." Aliza chided. "What will your child learn seeing his parents fighting like kids?"

"He doesn't have to learn, Ammi. Unfortunately, he has everything inbuilt." Mudassar sighed laughing.

Sana giggled in embarrassment. "True, Our DNA's are enough."

"You two can never change," Aliza said in defeat.

For readers who don't know about these two, Sana and Mudassar are characters of my other short story - INSHALLAH

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

22.8K 846 18
DARK ROMANCE "Sir, I am in a dire need of loan. Its very important, my friends life is at stake. I assure you I'll try my best to return the loan as...
298K 13.9K 31
Marriage...a very beautiful word yet full of life surprises. If one gets married with the love of their life, then it's beautiful. But what about a f...
41K 2.3K 32
Jahanara's world is filled with monstrous silhouettes, looming in the dark around her, ready to harm her. The coldness of her eyes could slit people'...
164K 20.7K 56
Shanaya- sidharth i love you... Sid- i m sorry shanaya... pr m tumse pyaar nhi krta... Shanaya- kyu?? Sid- kyuki... kyuki.... m kisi or se pyaar krta...